Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,921 members, 7,952,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:49 PM

Dial Up Connection - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Dial Up Connection (1242 Views)

Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? / How To Configure Dail-up Connection Using Starcoms Modern / How To Speed Up My Dial-up Connection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dial Up Connection by bimbor(m): 1:58pm On Feb 24, 2007
Hi everyone, pls i want to know if it's possible to use one dial up internet connection on multiple systems(PC's) and how this can be done thanx y'all
Re: Dial Up Connection by mukadas(m): 11:57pm On Feb 24, 2007
Bimbor,it is psble but first which modem are u using? But if it is from starcomms,multilink,reltel,itn etc.click on properties then advance .click on allow any pc to share apply and ok but make sure dat they are networked together, 08025380077
Re: Dial Up Connection by bimbor(m): 11:03am On Feb 25, 2007
Thanx,but i'm using nec e313 on celtel,now how do i get the PCs networked together and whats the maximum no of pc i can connect?
Re: Dial Up Connection by Niggy(m): 7:30pm On Feb 25, 2007
i can recollect multilinks modem speed to be 115.2kbps. That means the modem has a bandwidth of 115.2kbps. download rate is in kB/s. for a modem, the calculation is 115.2kbps/10 = 11.5kB/s. A good web site will open with 90kbps = 9kB/s .

e.g A file of 400KB will take
400KB / 11.5kB/s = time it takes to download.
But mind u, you ISPs are smarth, they have bandwidth managers so u don't have up to 11.5kB/s.

With dat, you can estimate the number of system you can put on a link.
Re: Dial Up Connection by mukadas(m): 7:52am On Feb 26, 2007
Go and get twreak software 4 download boast or icool{u are doin cafè 5pc i okay]
Re: Dial Up Connection by mukadas(m): 7:52am On Feb 26, 2007
Go and get twreak software 4 download boast or icool{u are doin cafè 5pc is okay]
Re: Dial Up Connection by dudu001: 5:51pm On Mar 10, 2007
hello , i need admin username and password for multilinks and starcomms to be able to connect to the internet freely without subscription. i learnt it exsit now and like to have it too.
Re: Dial Up Connection by mukadas(m): 1:04am On Mar 11, 2007
Dudu i knew it but i can't give u cos dis is illegal act *mukalash4u@yahoo.com
Re: Dial Up Connection by GuniX: 1:27pm On Mar 11, 2007
I will be pay for the starcomms of multilinks cheatsss,
Re: Dial Up Connection by bimbor(m): 5:12pm On Mar 11, 2007
Niggy pls i dont quite understand how to get the number of systems from this calculation,can u pls be more explicit.thanx
Re: Dial Up Connection by diyobdw(f): 9:30am On Mar 14, 2007
mukadas:

Dudu i knew it but i can't give u because this is illegal act *mukalash4u@yahoo.com
hmm,
sound like i wont mind afterall i know ML is riping my off anyway grin

Do you by any chance know if were i can get the data cable for thier Kyocera- they seem to be forcing me to replace with a NOkia and am not sure that coool!
Re: Dial Up Connection by mukadas(m): 9:13am On Mar 15, 2007
No # use nokia 2115 the cable and software for 5k from me for 3k with free configuration# to get d nokia go and buy nokia for 6k and swap d number for free
Re: Dial Up Connection by bukiboy(m): 1:18am On Mar 16, 2007
i have the cable for nokia 2115+software for 2k configuration free.
bukkyboy 018913488
Re: Dial Up Connection by esquire(m): 12:26pm On Mar 16, 2007
hello mukadass i don send you mail concerning that stuffs please man i need the stuff badly and guys promised but did not turn up and if its in your capacity to help your fellow Nairaland user please do. wink wink Cheerio. by the way my mail address is esquireo@yahoo.com i recieved a report that the mail i sent to you did not get thru please put the stuff inmy mail address i take God beg you thanks.
Re: Dial Up Connection by mukadas(m): 4:37am On Apr 07, 2007
esquire:

hello mukadass i don send you mail concerning that stuffs please man i need the stuff badly and guys promised but did not turn up and if its in your capacity to help your fellow Nairaland user please do. wink wink Cheerio. by the way my mail address is esquireo@yahoo.com i recieved a report that the mail i sent to you did not get through please put the stuff inmy mail address i take God beg you thanks.
esquire,all you need to do is to pay 15 months internet access fee to your isp(starcomms,multilinks or reltel) and use it for 14 months and pay another fee befoer 15th months end,

what i mean by free configuration is to configure the modem to your pc for free not for internet access or do you think i am the owner of the isp\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\thief

(1) (Reply)

Multi Links Configuring / Help With Java Installation / Retire Your Laptops And Tablets, this device Is Here To Stay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.