Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Celtel SIM GPRS Activation - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Celtel SIM GPRS Activation (7397 Views)

MTN GPRS on PC Using Phone Modem or Bluetooth? / Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing / MTN/Glo GPRS Configuration for Windows Smartphones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by bimbor(m): 2:03pm On Feb 24, 2007
Has anyone got an idea of how to activate a celtel sim for gprs
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by naijababe2(f): 3:18pm On Feb 24, 2007
well i think you will send a code to 184 stating: wap gprs. then the brand of your phone. but when celtel was still vmobile, i normally browse, but now that it is celtel, i don't know for sure, i called their customer care and they told me they are upgrading their system. whatever,  grin
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by bimbor(m): 11:29am On Feb 25, 2007
but i heard they've started reconnecting people again,a couple of my friends have been reconnected,
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by faketeeth(m): 12:35pm On Feb 27, 2007
i think they just changed their apn from access.wap to "wap.ng.celtel.com"
that now even depends on ur sim's ability to pick the gprs signal.Anway, just try the new apn and u're good to go.
peace,
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by Lolyda(f): 5:52pm On Feb 27, 2007
My guys told me that mtn & glo's new sim have already activated but i don't celtel do such!
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by bimbor(m): 7:40pm On Feb 27, 2007
Do you mean they've been activated for free browsing cos i know mtn charges for GPRS and so do Glo.where did u get ur gist?
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by fakande(m): 12:07pm On Feb 28, 2007
@ Bimbor
For now, Celtel is repackaging its GPRS services. It was re-launched on the 1st of February but is currently restricted to subscribers on their postpaid platform (Contract Lines) at a fee of 10 kobo per kilobyte. Prepaid subscribers will be reconnected after the ongoing upgrade is completed. However, if you could use it before it was discontinued, try changing the APN to wap.ng.celtel.com
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by tonyobj(m): 7:36pm On Feb 28, 2007
@ fakande and bymbor
That's right. fakande is an expert on such issues.m Trust issues.
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by eizod(m): 11:49am On Mar 01, 2007
don't we all love free browsing or what do you think? @seun
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by abusgar(m): 3:40pm On Mar 01, 2007
well i guess the celtel plan is to Milk The Nation as MTN once did.as a matter of fact,they have restricted the free sms from other networks,now only celtel to celtel.WHAT A GREAT MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by abusgar(m): 3:43pm On Mar 01, 2007
well i guess their plan is to Milk The Nation as M T N  once did.as a matter of fact,they have restricted the free text from other networks,now only intra network.WHAT A GREAT MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by bimbor(m): 4:23pm On Mar 01, 2007
Now there should be somebody here who knows somebody in celtel that can help reactivate our lines for GPRS,if there is any please,my number is 08026093817.
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by otoidea(m): 2:15am On Mar 02, 2007
see dem, seekin free internet grin
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by johnybrown(m): 5:48am On Mar 02, 2007
since take over by celtel i was on able to browse on phone. fortunately for, i was reconnected in the middle of january, but on fortunately for me i was disconnected again early last month
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by ronnieslimz(f): 3:29pm On Mar 05, 2007
faketeeth:

i think they just changed their apn from access.wap to "wap.ng.celtel.com"
that now even depends on your sim's ability to pick the gprs signal.Anway, just try the new apn and u're good to go.
peace,

how do i go about this? . . i've tried it but couldn't get a fruitful result
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by chuba4eva: 3:19am On Mar 06, 2007
u cannot activate ur sim for browsing 4 now,because celtel ar still carrying on with their so"upgrade"how long it will last nobody knows.
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by ronnieslimz(f): 4:45pm On Mar 06, 2007
a!ght, tnx!
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by kinzolic(m): 12:07pm On Mar 08, 2007
D new apn wrks fine 4 me n i can browse 24/7 all free
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by danielng: 7:33am On Mar 12, 2007
you mean which pin worked for you, wap.ng.celtel.com? please let us know.
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by kinzolic(m): 8:46pm On Apr 10, 2007
danielng:

you mean which pin worked for you, wap.ng.celtel.com? please let us know.

yeah
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by werlay(m): 11:46am On Apr 14, 2007
hello peeps
am wale but ma guys call me CoLaBo, am just new hre. so i got this cousin of mine at celtel that could activate your sim for you. all you need to do is just call me on 018110226.ask for wale. butll this is all for a little fee. w'll talk about that on fone. and i could also help you connect your phone to your pc or laptop too for gprs browsing. even if the gprs is wap. i'll get it working on your pc.just call
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by skipo87(m): 1:51pm On Apr 14, 2007
To activate ur gprs, send wapgprs phone model to +232 then wait for activation
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by Ayd: 2:47pm On Apr 25, 2007
any idea on how to connect to the pc using a nokia phone
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by joefit4gur(m): 6:38pm On May 05, 2007
Hello Nairalanders, Howz everyone, I got a problem, I NEED help from nebody to activate my Celtel SIm, if therez anyone who can help, or use his or her influence, My Dad Needs it as it is the only medium through which My Dad make contact with mom through MIG33, Please Anyone, ANyone at all, I want to activate the SIM, I miss MOM,

HELP!!!
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by upward(m): 10:49am On Nov 28, 2007
To activate your gprs, send wapgprs phone model to +232 then wait for activation

Please, I've sent wapgprs pnone model to +232 and they sent me configuration message, but the problem is they are asking for "CONFIGURATION SETTINGS' PIN CODE" please anybody here knows teh code? HELPP!!!!
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by dragnet: 10:58am On Nov 28, 2007
Use single zero. . "0"
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by sect(m): 12:05pm On Nov 28, 2007
Or use four zeros 0000
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by Donseaun(m): 8:25pm On May 19, 2008
Thread?
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by hansibone(m): 8:32pm On May 19, 2008
men se dis adeslomp guy dey craze, damn his request is evrywhere angry
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by shayman(m): 12:28pm On May 20, 2008
If you wanna activate your line. Just mail me on shay_mania@mocospace.com
Re: Celtel SIM GPRS Activation by henry007(m): 4:02am On Jun 15, 2008
celtel pls stop making fake sims abeg

(1) (2) (Reply)

When MTN Decides Its Your Head They Will Use To Pay NCC Fine / Do You Know You Can Turn Your Lumia into A Projector With The Photo Beamer app? / Huawei Ascend Mate P7 Phone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.