Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,826 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing (17485 Views)

Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat / Short Code Service On MTN, Vmobile, Glo And Mtel / MTN/Glo GPRS Configuration for Windows Smartphones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by dennizman(m): 12:52pm On Sep 29, 2005

Vmobile, MTN, Glo, Mtel GPRS Connection. Which is faster and reliable at the moment?

Talking about GPRS connection, which of the networks do you think is faster in its packet network provision? I have browsed with all our networks but MTEL - not because I don't like it, but because I don't have its configuration settings yet (that is if they are on GPRS).

From my observation, the fastest for now is that of Vmobile. It is very fast I tell you. Even Glo is not as fast as it is. Glo on its own can be credited as the most reliable and that is because Vmobile is still young. MTN is nothing to write home about - their connection rate is [very] slow.

What do you all think? (And is MTEL truly browsing?)
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by Bilspop(m): 2:29pm On Sep 29, 2005
I actually agree with you because i have used all the three networks you mentioned to surf the internet. Vmobile has the fastest, but Glo is more reliable as Vmobile sometimes fumbles. One other thing, have you been able to use the Vactive very well? I have not been able to use any of the menu at the Vmobile wapsite. I only use their GPRS to go to other sites.
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by cushman(m): 4:31pm On Sep 29, 2005
I think Vmobile is the fastest for now...though we don't really know what it'll turn out to be...
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by dennizman(m): 5:51pm On Sep 29, 2005
You guys observed real good that vmobile is the fastest.glo is consistent as in the gprs network is always available...well the vactive is not also functional on my phone too,perhaps it's still under construction cos it says bad gateway every time...mtn is wack and useless at the moment.i think they are having problems as they just joined the club.but even at that,is vmobile not also just arriving...mtn is just too ......
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by mamba(m): 6:54pm On Sep 30, 2005
IMO, i think Vmobile is the fastest, glo is the most reliable & MTN has the slowest & most generous offer.
i know y'all will ask what i mean by MTN having the generous offer.. their gprs is full internet, which means you can connect & browse with your computer, palm or laptop & 3rd party applications such as chatting softwares, browsers & email clients on your phone are functional.
i've used all 3 & glo's the best, followed by Vmobile then MTN.
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by dennizman(m): 8:39pm On Sep 30, 2005
Well omo you are right and no doubt glo is the most consistent but i hav now but i believe vmobile will out do them all in the long run...wat do ya think
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by Adetola(m): 12:07am On Oct 01, 2005
I am wappin 4rm phone now thru vmobile and i think  they're pretty  good. Will someone be kind enough to tell me how 2 activate wap on glo? I do not have  it  yet and i use sagem my x6
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by dennizman(m): 4:24am On Oct 01, 2005
To activate the wap on glo, just send activate wap to 927, or you set it manually by imputing the configurating settings yourself.
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by Adetola(m): 8:23am On Oct 01, 2005
Thanks ill try it
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by bijorium(m): 8:22pm On Oct 01, 2005
Can someone tell me how to post on nairaland from my phone. I use an Alcatel m55 to access vmobile wap pages. I just cant seem to post from the phone as i dont see ay links for signing in. Thanks
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by dennizman(m): 10:26pm On Oct 01, 2005
Wow, on the home page of naira land,try have you scrolled down to the end of the page,you l see login there or dont u see it.
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by dennizman(m): 11:05pm On Oct 01, 2005
Now no more mincing of words, gospel truth:at present vmobile is the best. As in fast and reliable service now.vmobile wap users, ya feel me?
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by dennizman(m): 10:40am On Oct 03, 2005
Well guys,i just got wind of news that mtel is in now,.anyone heard yet?
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by mamba(m): 12:39pm On Oct 03, 2005
who has the Mtel settings should post it.
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by dennizman(m): 7:47am On Oct 05, 2005
I used my sisters phone to call mtel's customer care after great trails. They said their gprs network is on, only that its having some kind of problems. He even told me the amount charged is 65 naira per kb...lets just wait a little more for them.
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by twincub01(m): 3:11pm On Oct 05, 2005
Men, GLo mobile is trying. MTN is "smile and wave". MTEL is a joke. Vmobile, I'm yet to check it out.
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by SirKay3(m): 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2005
GLO is the most reliable of them all, cos in my home, myself and my wife have all the lines and have tried them all
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by rufaai(m): 10:54pm On Oct 05, 2005
I have never used any of the GPRS connections. But I have tried the Vmobile CSD connection when I was in Abuja.

It was pretty cool, but their site was not running well you know. When I came back to Sokoto, I discovered that Vmobile was a rubbish. I could not receive or make make calls easily, I had to try and try before catching it up.

The worst of it all is that[b] I could not even check my balance[/b] nor recharge my account easily, I had to try it also several times...

But now, I've dumped the Vmobile line and am on glo and Mtel. For now, I have no connection to WAP. Does anyone have the Mtel GPRS settings? I called there customer care, but they refused me the settings. They said I have be a postpaid subscriber before they will give me the settings.

glo is Zero here, no GPRS... Someone assist me please....
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by dennizman(m): 11:50pm On Oct 05, 2005
Well glo as sir k said,is most reliable no doubt but i believe vmobile will out-do them in the long run...rufaai,its quite a pity that gprs connection in sokoto there is yet to come but the mtel gprs connection claims still remains a mirage to everyone cos no one i know of,has the settings... I promise to alert you guys when i get wind of its news... Peace!
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by mosiate(f): 6:27pm On Oct 06, 2005
i not tried the rest apart from MTN i think it's ok,i ca score them -5,they are trying
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by saeedbc(m): 9:21pm On Oct 06, 2005
my vmobile gprs gives me the message" no gateway reply" what do u thnk the promblem
is now? but the gprs icon continues showing that thr is gprs in my area wink
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by dennizman(m): 10:44am On Oct 07, 2005
Seedbc,do you have the settings? If you do,then try changing the page from the default one to wap. nairaland.com and see the outcome.if it still refuses, then check your settings...it could be a little incorrect if you used manual procedures in setting it up.
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by textmypage(m): 7:01pm On Oct 07, 2005
This Question is directed to sir kay,
Can you teach me how to configure a wap for Glo? My phone is Sagem Myv-55[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by dennizman(m): 11:52am On Oct 09, 2005
Pls has anyone used the vmobile mms to send an mms.wats the message center no. And is it haviog a home page..?
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by dennizman(m): 11:52am On Oct 09, 2005
Pls has anyone used the vmobile mms to send an mms.wats the message center no. And is it having a home page..?
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by pkrix(m): 12:23pm On Oct 09, 2005
I think it shld b d same as d sms centre number: +2348050001501.

BTW, you were talking about Glo being d best network as regards GPRS; anyway, I can agree to that to some extent.

But talking about Glo's acting up in terms of "tariff charge" they're d worst. I've been charged 78 naira for 2 seconds.

Somebody told me that "this line u re using; u may jst b wasting ur money cos Glo re thiefs" and I said it was a lie and he said he'll call his line with mine and end it immediately he picks and that if they overdeducted my account that he was going to pay me and I, eager to satisfy my curiousity and back up my arguement and disagreement with what he'd said, accepted and he did as he said and d timer read 2 seconds and to my utter surprise and pain they debitted 78 naira.

I intended to get to Glo's office and complain and probably break d SIM card before them and take up MTN's but I was so busy then, so, I didnt go and now time has pacified me and I'm not going no more.

However, if it happens again I might quit subscribbing from Glo.
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by dennizman(m): 5:37pm On Oct 09, 2005
prixx,do you use your sim for browsing.if you do,then they were probably collecting the money for the session which you surfed the net.their charging is not immediate,it takes a while before they deduct their money...probably the coincidence fell at the same time you staked a bet with ur friend... About the service no you sent,its vmobile mms center no. I requested from anyone that has used mms with his phone...peace...
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by mamba(m): 9:36pm On Oct 09, 2005
the mms centre number is http://172.17.254.2/
you have to use a different profile with
APN-mms.vmobile
Username-mms
Password-mms
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by mamba(m): 9:36pm On Oct 09, 2005
the mms centre number is http://172.17.254.2/
you have to use a different profile with
APN-mms.vmobile
Username-mms
Password-mms
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by Owen(m): 10:01pm On Oct 09, 2005
Does Mtel have gprs?
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by mamba(m): 5:34am On Oct 10, 2005
Owen:

Does Mtel have gprs?
Yes they do.. I've called up their customer care several times and they keep saying it's only available on pistpaid and not on prepaid. I have their SIM card and I'm still trying to work around the settings window to see if I can crack the settings code..
I achieved this on glo, Vmobile, MTN way before they announced the service...
Re: Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing by dennizman(m): 7:16am On Oct 10, 2005
Thanks mamba...i try it out right away..talking about the mtel gprs,is the gprs icon or indication on when using the mtel sim? I doubt if it shows..anyway i hope to know if there is a way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Telecom Subscribers To Pay 5% Tax On Calls, Text, Data / MTN PROMO: How To Get 500% Bonus Till Midnight / Unboxing The Tecno Droipad 7D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.