Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,810 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl (10024 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) / Jim Nwobodo Marries Patricia After Dumping PDP For APC Today(pic / Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Beaf: 4:38pm On Mar 27, 2010
[size=21pt]The man is a pedo![/size]
Why haven't the police picked him up?

The UN has for long been worried about child marriage and pedophilia in the sharia North; but when a senator and ex-gov becomes the leading light of such an evil practice, what progress can the UN and well meaning folk make.

May whatever that man worships, punish him!
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 27, 2010
How can Nigeria change when we have some of our leaders practicing exactly what we want to change?
This is pure nastyness. . . .
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by princekevo(m): 4:50pm On Mar 27, 2010
This is to tell us that Nigerian Senate are full of animals in human form. Tell me what a senator as this will do in fighting against child abuse. On a 2nd thought the stupid Nigerian Imam can let this madness exist in Nigeria, which their counterparts in Egypt rejected. Does it mean Nigerian muslim are different from that in Egypt?
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Beaf: 4:51pm On Mar 27, 2010
Sadly, it could be worse. . .

In [size=21pt]Kebbi[/size] State of northern Nigeria, the [size=21pt]average age of marriage for girls is just over 11 years[/size],

http://www.unfpa.org/swp/2005/presskit/factsheets/facts_child_marriage.htm (United Nations)

Yeriman introduced sharia, so what can be expected of him. He is as uncivilised as your average gorilla.
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by ElRazur: 4:57pm On Mar 27, 2010
Jakumo:

Only in Nigeria can a self-avowed child molester not only avoid jail for statutory r/ape , but also occupy "elected" office and strut about boasting of his sick crime with the soaring pride of a madman.

What does that say about those who voted him in. The mind boggles. undecided
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Dominoifet(m): 5:00pm On Mar 27, 2010
@Beaf
Yeriman introduced sharia, so what can be expected of him. He is as uncivilised as your average gorilla.

Lol r u sure their nubile age is 11yrs? I thought is 11months.
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by blackmann(m): 5:10pm On Mar 27, 2010
ElRazur:

@blackman

In order to address the issue of child abuse and paedophilia, you quoted a text from quran that basically gives man the right to use women for their sexual needs? The joke is on you and Islam.

Hey Elrazur, if u take ur time to read what i posted and digest it well, u wouldn't have asked me such a question.
blackmann:

These are the kind of pple that give Islam a bad name. because the Qur'an says a man can marry up to 4 wives [size=15pt]if you can luv them all equally and if u can cater for them equally doesn't mean u shld go as far as marrying your grand-daughter's age mate.[/size] these are pple those pple in his state will look up to and emulate. later we'll be hearing of 10 year-old brides.
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by udezue(m): 5:12pm On Mar 27, 2010
pedophilia in the name of marriage. we have nothing in common with these desert rats. what a country?
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by ElRazur: 5:24pm On Mar 27, 2010
blackmann:

Hey Elrazur, if u take your time to read what i posted and digest it well, u wouldn't have asked me such a question.

Again you are missing the point. If you disagree with exploitation of children sexually, I think it is a bit idiotic to argue with verses from the Quran that clearly promotes biased sexualism towards women.  How you can love four women equally is beyond me. Even parents will treat one of their kids with a preference over the order, talk less of a man and four women.

Is it okay for a woman to marry 4 husbands? If not, why is that?

Also if you are against this, what about Muhammed who is recorded to have married a minor? Seriously, you have no grounds to argue or give lectures on this issue. smiley
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 27, 2010
ElRazur:

Again you are missing the point. If you disagree with exploitation of children sexually, I think it is a bit idiotic to argue with verses from the Quran that clearly promotes biased sexualism towards women.  How you can love four women equally is beyond me. Even parents will treat one of their kids with a preference over the order, talk less of a man and four women.

Also if you are against this, what about Muhammed who is recorded to have married a minor? Seriously, you have no grounds to argue or give lectures on this issue. smiley

I have given up trying to argue with these guys, what with all the honour killings here in the UK, Bigamy, bringing 13-15 year olds as sisters and wives to the UK when they are in fact wives, the list is endless.

Each time you ask for justification, they quote some outdated scripture.

The truth is that extremist versions of Islam treat women like cattle.

I lived in Kano and believe me I saw my fair share of OLD DIRTY men marrying 10 year old girls.

Trully disgusting and perverse beyond measure.
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by ElRazur: 5:37pm On Mar 27, 2010
I grew up in Kano for a bit after we left the UK, so yeah it is no surprise to me to be honest. What worries me is how it has blurred a line between religion and culture. It is hard to know what is purely Islamic and what is Culture or things influenced by Islamic culture.

I watch TV the other day and this Imam in Kaduna or so was very vocal about government trying to legislate against under-age marriage, and this Iman's points all biol down to the fact that "Frophet" Muhammad did it" wtf.

How is a book that was written at an age that was perceived as "dark" relevant to today? I pity humanity.
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by blackmann(m): 6:24pm On Mar 27, 2010
ElRazur:

Again you are missing the point. If you disagree with exploitation of children sexually, I think it is a bit idiotic to argue with verses from the Quran that clearly promotes biased sexualism towards women. How you can love four women equally is beyond me. Even parents will treat one of their kids with a preference over the order, talk less of a man and four women.

Bros yeh, look at what i typed again. maybe i didn't pass my point across well. i highlighted that part "if(emphasis on if) he can luv them equally and take care of them equally", and if not, he should just marry one.
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by blackmann(m): 6:26pm On Mar 27, 2010
and i also added that "this doesn't give him the reason to marry someone that is as young as his grand daughter".

and pls show me which part it is recorded that Muhammed(PBUH) married a minor cos i do not know.
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by ojimboIV: 6:34pm On Mar 27, 2010
this is a wrong religious/cultural practice that must be stopped.
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by ElRazur: 6:49pm On Mar 27, 2010
blackmann:

and i also added that "this doesn't give him the reason to marry someone that is as young as his grand daughter".

and pls show me which part it is recorded that Muhammed(PBUH) married a minor cos i do not know.

You lack basic understanding. Read my post. No IFS no buts. You cannot quote quran for your argument as it is flawed.
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Dominoifet(m): 6:52pm On Mar 27, 2010
No need quarelling bout pedophilles check this

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/sina/ayesha.htm
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by chic2pimp(m): 6:53pm On Mar 27, 2010
I'm Speechless!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by cpatra(f): 6:58pm On Mar 27, 2010
Ewoh! He should contest for president and make the toddler first lady. Nigeria Ndoo!
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by biina: 7:00pm On Mar 27, 2010
The core problem is that the Nigerian law permits it. Simply change the law and it becomes illegal. shikena!
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Sunofgod(m): 7:05pm On Mar 27, 2010
If the prophet Mohammed was around today he would be classed as a Paedophile.

He couldn't have got away with such evil acts in this day and age.

No wonder they encourage the wearing of Burkha's - its a form of protection from the paedophiles that make up islamic society.
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Beaf: 7:05pm On Mar 27, 2010
When some of us argue that the country is in the gutter, there are always some who would come up with some weird and crazy logic about how everything is sweet and crisp. . . With this development it isn't difficult to see why, our "leaders" are openly having intercourse with children and their gutter logic flows downward. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Beaf: 7:06pm On Mar 27, 2010
We need to split this country. Let the sharia areas go their way.
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by abt(m): 7:08pm On Mar 27, 2010
My God!
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by blackmann(m): 7:09pm On Mar 27, 2010
[b]
ElRazur:

You lack basic understanding. Read my post. No IFS no buts. You cannot quote quran for your argument as it is flawed.

there's really no use arguing with u if u dont see my point. what is flawed in my arguement? the fact that u think the quran "clearly promotes biased sexualism towards women" like u mentioned or what? why don't pple just learn things b4 saying things they don't know? where in the Qur'an does it say that women are treated as such? cos it says that a man can marry 4 wives?

dude, this is the main reason why some pple are myopic in their ways of thinking. Agreed, the Qur'an says that a man can marry up to 4 wives, but their is a clause to it, and that is what i've been trying to put across since. If u cannot love all of them equally, do not do it.

"Marry women of your choice, two, or three, or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one." [Al-Qur'an 4:3]

i used this quote because of the man's case. he shouldn't because of this quote marry a lady as young as that cos it is wrong.[/b]
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by ElRazur: 7:39pm On Mar 27, 2010
biina:

The core problem is that the Nigerian law permits it. Simply change the law and it becomes illegal. shikena!

Attempt have been made to make illegal the marriage of under 18s - off recent - but Muslims cleric up in the north argues if mohammed can marry a minor, it is good enough for them. How do you deal with that?

blackmann:

[b]
there's really no use arguing with u if u dont see my point. what is flawed in my arguement? the fact that u think the quran "clearly promotes biased sexualism towards women" like u mentioned or what? why don't pple just learn things b4 saying things they don't know? where in the Qur'an does it say that women are treated as such? cos it says that a man can marry 4 wives?

Your argument is flawed in the sense that you used a verse from Quran - which clearly promotes women as object that can be owned - to argue a case of under age marriage. Seriously, where is the logic?

Please once again, explain to me why it is okay for a man to marry up to four wives [if he can afford, love them eually blah blah blah] but the same is not good for a woman? Are woman second class citizen or something? Please explain to me why a woman is not allowed to have more than one man in the quran, but a man can have up to four if he wants?

dude, this is the main reason why some pple are myopic in their ways of thinking. Agreed, the Qur'an says that a man can marry up to 4 wives, but their is a clause to it, and that is what i've been trying to put across since. If u cannot love all of them equally, do not do it.

If your favourite rapper in Nigeria never used the word myopic, I very much doubt you will know the meaning, but that is another story. Your argument of a clause is flawed. You cannot love 4 women equally, I even went ahead to explain to you that even parents tend to have a favourite amongst their own children. Bearing that in mind, it is hard and highly improbably for a man to love for women equally, some or one of them will get a prefrential treatment of the others thereby showing the flaws in the Quran's logic. Still feeling myopic?

"Marry women of your choice, two, or three, or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one." [Al-Qur'an 4:3]

Mean sh/t to me. See above.

i used this quote because of the man's case. he shouldn't because of this quote marry a lady as young as that cos it is wrong.

Are you kidding me? You agree it is wrong, but then use a flawed statement from Quran to present a silly point? On top of that how old was Muhammed's last wife when they got engaged and when he had intimacy with him? You are the muslim, I am sure you can tell us.

PS
AllahuAkbar. **roll eyes**
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by biina: 7:40pm On Mar 27, 2010
The act wasn't peculiar to Muhammad and was typical of the Bedouin arab society of then. Before being betrothed to Muhammad at six, Aisha had been betrothed to another but when asked to solemnize ( shocked) the marriage, the fiance backed out since her father had become a Muslim.

The issue is a societal problem and not a religious one. The Egyptians are predominantly Muslims but their laws do not support the union.
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by ElRazur: 7:42pm On Mar 27, 2010
biina:

[b]The act wasn't peculiar to Muhammad [/b]and was typical of the Bedouin arab society of then. Before being betrothed to Muhammad at six, Aisha had been betrothed to another but when asked to solemnize ( shocked) the marriage, the fiance backed out since her father had become a Muslim.

The issue is a societal problem and not a religious one. The Egyptians are predominantly Muslims but their laws do not support the union.

Dude are you high? You once had a lengthy debate with me that this never happened. What's up with the change of tune? cheesy
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by biina: 7:43pm On Mar 27, 2010
ElRazur:

Attempt have been made to make illegal the marriage of under 18s - off recent - but Muslims cleric up in the north argues if mohammed can marry a minor, it is good enough for them. How do you deal with that?
Are the Muslim clerics the majority in the legislature? undecided
If the bulk of the legislators are pedophiles (or supporters), then that is the problem you need to address.
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by ElRazur: 7:48pm On Mar 27, 2010
You are not answering my question Biina. smiley
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Sunofgod(m): 7:51pm On Mar 27, 2010
He's even refered to as a Paedophile on wikipedia -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_Rufai_Sani
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 27, 2010
Dominoifet:

Aisha the Child Wife of Muhammad
By admin
Created 09/28/2009 - 09:17

Aisha the Child Wife of Muhammad

By Ali Sina  [1]

The thought of an old man becoming aroused by a child is one of the most disturbing thoughts that makes us cringe as it reminds us of pedophilia and the most despicable people. It is difficult to accept that the Holy Prophet married Aisha when she was 6-years-old and consummated his marriage with her when she was 9. He was then, 54 years old.

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3310: [2]
'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house when I was nine years old.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64 [3]
Narrated 'Aisha:
that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death).

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 65 [4]
Narrated 'Aisha:
that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old. Hisham said: I have been informed that 'Aisha remained with the Prophet for nine years (i.e. till his death)." what you know of the Quran (by heart)'

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 88  [5]
Narrated 'Ursa:
The Prophet wrote the (marriage contract) with 'Aisha while she was six years old and consummated his marriage with her while she was nine years old and she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death).

Some Muslims claim that it was Abu Bakr who approached Muhammad asking him to marry his daughter. This is of course not true and here is the proof.

Sahih Bukhari 7.18 [6]
Narrated 'Ursa:
The Prophet asked Abu Bakr for 'Aisha's hand in marriage. Abu Bakr said "But I am your brother." The Prophet said, "You are my brother in Allah's religion and His Book, but she (Aisha) is lawful for me to marry."

Arabs were a primitive lot with little rules to abide. Yet they had some code of ethics that they honored scrupulously. For example, although they fought all the year round, they abstained from hostilities during certain holy months of the year. They also considered Mecca to be a holy city and did not make war against it. A adopted son’s wife was deemed to be a daughter in law and they would not marry her. Also it was customary that close friends made a pact of brotherhood and considered each other as true brothers. The Prophet disregarded all of these rules anytime they stood between him and his interests or whims.

Abu Bakr and Muhammad had pledged to each other to be brothers. So according to their costoms Ayesha was supposed to be like a niece to the Holy Prophet. Yet that did not stop him to ask her hand even when she was only six years old.
But this moral relativist Prophet would use the same excuse to reject a woman he did not like.

Sahih Bukhari V.7, B62, N. 37 [7]
   [8] Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:
   It was said to the Prophet, "Won't you marry the daughter of Hamza?" He said, "She is my foster niece (brother's daughter). "

Hamza and Abu Bakr both were the foster brothers of Muhammad. But Ayesha must have been too pretty for the Prophet to abide by the codes of ethics and custom.

In the following Hadith he confided to Ahesha that he had dreamed of her before soliciting her from her father.

Sahih Bukhari 9.140
[8] Narrated 'Aisha:
Allah's Apostle said to me, "You were shown to me twice (in my dream) before I married you. I saw an angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said to him, 'Uncover (her),' and behold, it was you. I said (to myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must happen.

Whether Muhammad had actually such dream or he just said it to please Ayesha is not the point. What matters here is that it indicates that Ayesaha was a baby being “carried” by an angel when the Prophet dreamed of her.

There are numerous hadithes that explicitly reveal the age of Ayesha at the time of her marriage. Here are some of them.

Sahih Bukhari 5.236 [9].
Narrated Hisham's father:
Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married 'Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consumed that marriage when she was nine years old.

Sahih Bukhari 5.234 [10]
Narrated Aisha:
The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Allright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age.

And in another Hadith we read.

Sunan Abu-Dawud Book 41, Number 4915 [11],  also  Number 4916 [12]  and  Number 4917 [13]
Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:
The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) married me when I was seven or six. When we came to Medina, some women came. according to Bishr's version: Umm Ruman came to me when I was swinging. They took me, made me prepared and decorated me. I was then brought to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him), and he took up cohabitation with me when I was nine. She halted me at the door, and I burst into laughter.

In the above hadith we read that Ayesha was swinging, This is a play of little girls not grown up people. The following Hadith is particularly interesting because it shows that Ayesha was so small that was not aware what was going on when the Holy Prophet “surprised” her by going to her.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 90  [14]
Narrated Aisha:
When the Prophet married me, my mother came to me and made me enter the house (of the Prophet) and nothing surprised me but the coming of Allah's Apostle to me in the forenoon.

Must have been quite a surprise! But the following is also interesting because it demonstrates that she was just a kid playing with her dolls. Pay attention to what the interpreter wrote in the parenthesis. (She was a little girl, not yet reached the age of puberty)

Sahih Bukhari Volume 8, Book 73, Number 151  [15]
Narrated 'Aisha:
I used to play with the dolls in the presence of the Prophet, and my girl friends also used to play with me. When Allah's Apostle used to enter (my dwelling place) they used to hide themselves, but the Prophet would call them to join and play with me. (The playing with the dolls and similar images is forbidden, but it was allowed for 'Aisha at that time, as she was a little girl, not yet reached the age of puberty.) (Fateh-al-Bari page 143, Vol.13)

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3311 [16]
   'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married her when she was seven years old, and he was taken to his house as a bride when she was nine, and her dolls were with her; and when he (the Holy Prophet) died she was eighteen years old.

The holy Prophet died when he was 63. So he must have married Ayesha when he as 51 and went to her when he was 54.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 8, Book 73, Number 33 [17]
Narrated 'Aisha:
I never felt so jealous of any woman as I did of Khadija, though she had died three years before the Prophet married me, and that was because I heard him mentioning her too often, and because his Lord had ordered him to give her the glad tidings that she would have a palace in Paradise, made of Qasab and because he used to slaughter a sheep and distribute its meat among her friends.

Khadija died in December of 619 AD. That is two years before Hijra. At that time the Prophet was 51-years-old. So in the same year that Khadija died the prophet married Ayesha and took her to his home 3 years later, i.e. one year after Hijra. But until she grow up he married Umm Salama.

In another part Ayesha claims that as long as she remembers her parents were always Muslims.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 5, Book 58, Number 245 [18]

Narrated 'Aisha:
   (the wife of the Prophet) I never remembered my parents believing in any religion other than the true religion (i.e. Islam),

If Ayesha was older i.e. 16 or 18 as some Muslims claim, she would have remembered the religion of her parents prior to becoming Muslims.

Now someone may still claim that all these hadithes are lies. People are free to say whatever they want. But truth is clear like the Sun for those who have eyes.

No sane person would be aroused by a 9-year-old child. Decent people wince at the thought of this shameful act. Yet some Muslims deny them. The question is why so many followers of Muhammad would fabricate so many false hadithes about the age of Ayisha, which incidentally confirm each other?

I can tell you why people would attribute false miracles to their prophet. Babis believe that Bab started to praise God as soon as he was born. There is a Hadith like that also about Muhammad. Christians believe the birth of the Christ was miraculous and the Jews believe Moses opened a dry passageway through the Red Sea. Believers love to hear these stories. It confirms their faith. There are many absurd miracles attributed to Muhammad in the hadiths, despite the fact that he denied being able to perform any miracles. [19] But why should anyone fabricate a lie about the age of Ayisha that would portray his Prophet as a pedophile?
Controversies About the Age of Ayesha. [20]
Moral Evaluations of the Marriage of the Prophet with Ayesha  [21]

When we say Muhammad had sex with 9 year old child, Muslims brush it away and bring all sorts of excuses to justify this shameful act. This is the nature of blind faith and cognitive dissonance. Maybe by visualizing it, some of them will would come to their senses and realize how evil this fiend they call prophet, was. There is not a single proof that this man was a prophet while there are tons of evidences that he was an evil man.
Re: Senator Marries 13 Yr Old Girl by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 27, 2010
Dominoifet:

Trully disgusting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bsndb / Gov. Rotimi Amechi Releases His Phone Number And That Of His Cabinet / How Is Warri Part Of Oduduwa Republic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.