Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria (23287 Views)

How To Estimate The Amount Of Cement And Sand Needed For Laying Blocks / How To Estimate The Cost of A Mini construction Project / How To Estimate The Quantity Of Blocks, Cement And Sand For Your Diy Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria by whyteone: 11:31am On Nov 30, 2017
Samyokporua:
Please I'd love to have an idea of a duplex design I can erect on a 3/4 plot and the cost implication
This nicely crafted 4 bedroom "duplex" with an exciting exterior design provides decent accommodation,ideal for a growing family.
FEATURES:
Ground floor
1)2 Sitting rooms
2)Dining
3)Guest bedroom
4)Large Kitchen/Store
5)Visitor's toilet
First floor
1)Family lounge
2)3 bedrooms(ensuite)
3)Attractive balcony overlooking main entrance.

For more designs visit
https://www.nairaland.com/4122226/captivating-architectural-designs

Re: 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria by Gulledgedsg: 1:01pm On Nov 30, 2017
@OP, this is the best thing you cab do. Get a quantity surveyor not just for cost optinization but also to get the best value for your money
Re: 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria by Gulledgedsg: 1:03pm On Nov 30, 2017
spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation.
Re: 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria by Samyokporua(m): 4:12am On Dec 01, 2017
whyteone:
This nicely crafted 4 bedroom "duplex" with an exciting exterior design provides decent accommodation,ideal for a growing family.
FEATURES:
Ground floor
1)2 Sitting rooms
2)Dining
3)Guest bedroom
4)Large Kitchen/Store
5)Visitor's toilet
First floor
1)Family lounge
2)3 bedrooms(ensuite)
3)Attractive balcony overlooking main entrance.

For more designs visit
https://www.nairaland.com/4122226/captivating-architectural-designs

Thanks for this, it's really beautiful, but what's the costing?
Re: 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria by IronAndSteelPro(m): 7:24am On Dec 01, 2017
thank you for the elaboration sir

whyteone:
For every building project,there are two kinds of cost estimates:approximate estimate and detailed estimate.Approximate estimate is a quick estimate which you can obtain by multiplying the floor area of a building by the rate per square metre derived from previous experience of the cost of similar building.It gives you an idea of how much your house could cost so you can budget for it.On the otherhand a detailed estimate is based on properly prepared bill of quantities.This is a document containing measurements of all items required to construct the building.The bill of quantities(BoQ) is a more reliable estimate and is especially important if you intend obtaining a bank loan to build the house.
Re: 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria by whyteone: 11:56am On Dec 01, 2017
Samyokporua:

Thanks for this, it's really beautiful, but what's the costing?
The CONSTRUCTION COST of a building is determined by several factors namely:
1.Building Design
2.Site conditions(soil type)
3.Accessibility to the site
4.Owner's taste

It is clear from the above listed that these factors will always vary from person to person.
Since yours are not known i'll give you the lower threshold:N25m

Hope this helps.
You can ask any further question you have.
Re: 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria by IronAndSteelPro(m): 4:31pm On Dec 01, 2017
cool cool cool cool cool cool

oyepaulkay:
A bottle of beer for you OP

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria by Samyokporua(m): 7:58pm On Dec 01, 2017
whyteone:
The CONSTRUCTION COST of a building is determined by several factors namely:
1.Building Design
2.Site conditions(soil type)
3.Accessibility to the site
4.Owner's taste

It is clear from the above listed that these factors will always vary from person to person.
Since yours are not known i'll give you the lower threshold:N25m

Hope this helps.
You can ask any further question you have.

Okay thanks for this....
Re: 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria by IronAndSteelPro(m): 5:46pm On Dec 02, 2017
We are having an end of year discount, up to 50 percent off iron and steel building materials

Rayecl:
Hi I am new to this forum, and planning to start a project. Please can someone give rough estimate to build the following in the attachment herewith. this is intended to be built in Kwara State.
Thank you in advance.
Regards.

Re: 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria by Adegbulugbe(m): 7:14pm On Dec 02, 2017
IronAndSteelPro:
We are having an end of year discount, up to 50 percent off iron and steel building materials

One thing to be best known in building estimate is you can only get a rough estimate which you can use as your budget but not exact figure cos many things you will encounter along and also depending on the area,design,and also some design might appear in your drawing and might not best fit your building which can bring a change up.have a rough budget and start up your building. I well advice you first get a quote for the foundation to German floor then first floor if it a dublex to decking level.final second floor to roof and before you know, you will figure you spend less.

1 Like

Re: 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria by Adegbulugbe(m): 7:19pm On Dec 02, 2017
Rayecl:
Hi I am new to this forum, and planning to start a project. Please can someone give rough estimate to build the following in the attachment herewith. this is intended to be built in Kwara State.
Thank you in advance.
Regards.

One thing to be best known in building estimate is you can only get a rough estimate which you can use as your budget but not exact figure cos many things you will encounter along and also depending on the area,design,and also some design might appear in your drawing and might not best fit your building which can bring a change up.have a rough budget and start up your building. I well advice you first get a quote for the foundation to German floor then first floor if it a dublex to decking level.final second floor to roof and before you know, you will figure you spend less.
Re: 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria by Adegbulugbe(m): 7:26pm On Dec 02, 2017
Samyokporua:
Please I'd love to have an idea of a duplex design I can erect on a 3/4 plot and the cost implication

You can send me your mail,I will give you some design samples and cost approx.
Re: 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria by tkaluminium: 9:20pm On Dec 02, 2017
For your Best quality aluminum&blinds call me 08083322330

Re: 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria by bvc(m): 3:27pm On Jan 01, 2018
Ready to paint your building?
- Get a free quotation that is proven to reduce cost
- Select from a variety of local and foreign paint products
- Locate certified painters around you for that impeccable finishing
- Get discounts for all paint purchases, just request for a coupon code.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLNIgdTMRMM

www.expertpaintadvice.com.ng
Re: 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria by atedo(m): 12:32am On Jun 29, 2018
I have a 200sqm land. What type of low budget 4 bedroom duplex can fit in there? Please help with an answer
Rayecl:
Thank you in advance.
Regards.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Do Ratification Or Regularization Of Land Under Government Acquisition / Advice!! Landlady Decides To Pick A Fight Without A Reason! / Why Federal Government Demolished Caramelo Nightclub – Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.