Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,373 members, 7,815,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

SLAVE TRADE: France To Take Military Action In Libya - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / SLAVE TRADE: France To Take Military Action In Libya (985 Views)

Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action / Niger Coup: Russia Opposes Military Action, Won’t Deploy Troops – Ambassador / Niger: Coupists Seek Russia’s Help As ECOWAS Mulls Military Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SLAVE TRADE: France To Take Military Action In Libya by justFEARLESS(m): 5:27am On Nov 30, 2017
The President of France, Emmanuel Macron has revealed that France and other EU leaders are strongly considering taking military actions to tackle the human traffickers in Libya.

Macron who revealed this in a interview with a local news agency also stressed that "the traffickers are smuggling people from the Sahel region to the Mediterranean coast, from where they were sent on their way to Europe and Thousands have perished in the sea".

"We are proposing to take police and military action. We are not waging war but this is a country in a political transition," he told France 24.

Macron revealed that he has contacted German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Italian Prime Minister Paolo Gentiloni on the possibility of taking military actions in tackling the human trafficking menace in Libya.

Officials of concerned European countries and the AU are currently in a meeting in Abidjan, the capital of Cote d'Ivoire to discuss the issue and possible solutions.

The 2011 Civil War in Libya that ousted their leader Muamar Gaddafi has left a lawless Libya in its wake and has left Libya without a central authority and created a big humanitarian crises in the North African country.

http://www.classikolic.com/2017/11/slave-trade-france-to-take-military.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: SLAVE TRADE: France To Take Military Action In Libya by johnnyn1(m): 6:06am On Nov 30, 2017
Now this is what a Country Leader should do..

so sad our own black Politicians are busy looting Billions to their selves..

1 Like

Re: SLAVE TRADE: France To Take Military Action In Libya by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 30, 2017
Sensationalism. Story doesn't quite match the headline. France is NOT considering taking military action in Libya because of the trade in black Africans. NO. France is doing so because it intends to watch its own back by halting the uncontrolled flow of migrants into Europe. The Europeans have been mulling that option for some time(even before the slave trade story broke) and part of it includes blowing up the boats used by the smugglers and taking action against the human smugglers themselves.

1 Like

Re: SLAVE TRADE: France To Take Military Action In Libya by sunboy(m): 8:14am On Nov 30, 2017
mansakhalifa:
Sensationalism. Story doesn't quite match the headline. France is NOT considering taking military action in Libya because of the trade in black Africans. NO. France is doing so because it intends to watch its own back by halting the uncontrolled flow of migrants into Europe. The Europeans have been mulling that option for some time(even before the slave trade story broke) and part of it includes blowing up the boats used by the smugglers and taking action against the human smugglers themselves.

Please educate my people. Both France and Italy. They are going to only watch their own back, they don’t care if they kill them �
Re: SLAVE TRADE: France To Take Military Action In Libya by Chron1cle(m): 3:47am On Dec 02, 2017
johnnyn1:
Now this is what a Country Leader should do..

so sad our own black Politicians are busy looting Billions to their selves..

Stop being pre-emptive in ditching your own and praising your neighbour's...I understand your penchant in venerating anything western, and visiting things African with gross sense of revulsion and aversion due to your mental conditioning perpetuated by years of western hegemonic media campaign on Africans, which is remotely not your fault by the way.
That said, if anybody should receive plaudits for availing the situation in Libya. It certainly shouldn't be western leaders, especially a country like France you're already jumping on the 'praise wagon' for.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: SLAVE TRADE: France To Take Military Action In Libya by Nobody: 5:14am On Dec 02, 2017
@sunboy for real,man. Our people need serious education. Just look at how the op interpreted that story. He turned it up-side-down. Terrible.
Re: SLAVE TRADE: France To Take Military Action In Libya by johnnyn1(m): 10:59am On Dec 03, 2017
Chron1cle:

Stop being pre-emptive in ditching your own and praising your neighbour's...I understand your penchant in venerating anything western, and visiting things African with gross sense of revulsion and aversion due to your mental conditioning perpetuated by years of western hegemonic media campaign on Africans, which is remotely not your fault by the way.
That said, if anybody should receive plaudits for availing the situation in Libya. It certainly shouldn't be western leaders, especially a country like France you're already jumping on the 'praise wagon' for.

Oga.. you just spoke nonsense.. Enuf with your ranting.. and don't ever quote me again..
Re: SLAVE TRADE: France To Take Military Action In Libya by seunny4lif(m): 2:11pm On Dec 03, 2017
mansakhalifa:
France started the bombardment of Libya in 2011
France in the name of NATO destroyed Libya
Libya now is no more
France is going to Libya becos of her Oil and Gold
Re: SLAVE TRADE: France To Take Military Action In Libya by panafrican(m): 5:04pm On Dec 03, 2017
Read again.
Macron is not taking military actions to go after the slave trade nets on Libyan soil , he is taking actions to stop immigration to Europe (and this is no news). These are two different things.
He does not care if slaves are being sold on the the African shores of the Mediterranean sea as long as the European side is secured with no immigrant.
Don t even be surprised when you learn the French military is conniving with the slave traders to send the purchased slaves to ISIS held zones in Syria, Iraq or to radical Muslim controlled parts of the Philippines.
Can' t believe why so many Nigerians are so naive about the French.
Re: SLAVE TRADE: France To Take Military Action In Libya by Chron1cle(m): 7:41am On Dec 04, 2017
johnnyn1:

Oga.. you just spoke nonsense.. Enuf with your ranting.. and don't ever quote me again..
Shut the fvck up kid and be a good girl. It is overt that a boorish heap lyk you is bereft of manners but that's ok cos I don't expect anything different from your kind. That said; who the fvck are you that should not be quoted, when you blight the corner of cyberspace I domicile with wanton inanity.
Actually, I'd love a situation where I don't have to engage an insipid ignominy like yourself; trust me, I'll pay a hell lot to see that happen, but that is not practically possible when you choose to display stupidity on a public cyberspace that does not equivocal or nonequivocally belong to you. So, get that into your empty skull and behave while giving yourself some sense.
Re: SLAVE TRADE: France To Take Military Action In Libya by Chron1cle(m): 7:49am On Dec 04, 2017
panafrican:
Read again.
Macron is not taking military actions to go after the slave trade nets on Libyan soil , he is taking actions to stop immigration to Europe (and this is no news). These are two different things.
He does not care if slaves are being sold on the the African shores of the Mediterranean sea as long as the European side is secured with no immigrant.
Don t even be surprised when you learn the French military is conniving with the slave traders to send the purchased slaves to ISIS held zones in Syria, Iraq or to radical Muslim controlled parts of the Philippines.
Can' t believe why so many Nigerians are so naive about the French.
Yea, just like the one I quoted up there, who is too arrogant to accept simple correction.
They don't know, but they'll fight you(correcting them) into a bloodbath in bide to remain in their ignorance. Very pitiable I must say.

1 Like

Re: SLAVE TRADE: France To Take Military Action In Libya by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 04, 2017
Why do people cling so steadfastly to ignorance? Don't they know it is toxic? What is so hard about reading and digesting a bloody piece of News?

1 Like

Re: SLAVE TRADE: France To Take Military Action In Libya by WeirdoNg: 9:39am On Dec 06, 2017
Too many mad people in Nigeria... people only react to headline not the news like it is by force to comment

1 Like

Re: SLAVE TRADE: France To Take Military Action In Libya by johnnyn1(m): 11:52am On Dec 07, 2017
Chron1cle:

Shut the fvck up kid and be a good girl. It is overt that a boorish heap lyk you is bereft of manners but that's ok cos I don't expect anything different from your kind. That said; who the fvck are you that should not be quoted, when you blight the corner of cyberspace I domicile with wanton inanity.
Actually, I'd love a situation where I don't have to engage an insipid ignominy like yourself; trust me, I'll pay a hell lot to see that happen, but that is not practically possible when you choose to display stupidity on a public cyberspace that does not equivocal or nonequivocally belong to you. So, get that into your empty skull and behave while giving yourself some sense.

Silence is the best Answer to a Fool
Re: SLAVE TRADE: France To Take Military Action In Libya by Chron1cle(m): 8:58pm On Dec 07, 2017
johnnyn1:

Silence is the best Answer to a Fool
I think the imbec1le(fool) here is you, since you'd to quote me to say that; that means you just did direct obverse of what you just stated, you good for nothing pig. Spit on your worthless existance.
Re: SLAVE TRADE: France To Take Military Action In Libya by Chron1cle(m): 9:00pm On Dec 07, 2017
WeirdoNg:
Too many mad people in Nigeria... people only react to headline not the news like it is by force to comment
Very sad I must say, bro
Re: SLAVE TRADE: France To Take Military Action In Libya by johnnyn1(m): 9:10pm On Dec 07, 2017
Chron1cle:

I think the imbec1le(fool) here is you, since you'd to quote me to say that; that means you just did direct obverse of what you just stated, you good for nothing pig. Spit on your worthless existance.

When you are done with your spit ranting..
You should visit a psychiatrist nearby..
it's obvious there's something wrong with you..
or Rather fight your phone..
Re: SLAVE TRADE: France To Take Military Action In Libya by Chron1cle(m): 9:19pm On Dec 07, 2017
johnnyn1:

When you are done with your spit ranting..
You should visit a psychiatrist nearby..
it's obvious there's something wrong with you..
or Rather fight your phone..
Hmm! What a rabid dog

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump Banned From Entering Uk / Russian Warship 'aggressively Approached' US Destroyer In Arabian Sea / Photo-My Vote Is For Emmanuel Macron On Sunday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.