Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,266 members, 7,818,922 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever (39964 Views)

Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League / Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player / Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by obonujoker(m): 3:39pm On Dec 01, 2017
Sagamite:

If you have sense, between GEJ and Buhari you would quickly choose Buhari!

And as a matter of fcking FACT, you should be thanking Buhari from saving your country.

How would I choose a man who doesn't have any investment in Nigeria over a PHd holder?

However I know someone like you will still choose Buhari over a trump.... so am not worried....
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by Sagamite(m): 3:40pm On Dec 01, 2017
obonujoker:

El fenomeno.. tier 2?? My Guy... even Zidane... someone that proved himself in Italy, Spain and even his country France something that Messi can't replicate for Argentina....??

R9 got injured and never achieved his potential.

The second part of your argument is moronic nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by ebosse(m): 3:40pm On Dec 01, 2017
obonujoker:

Football is about stats and records my guy.... Pele is number 1 ever because of his stats and records.....

Hope you know if Liverpool wins the league, Salah will be crown EPL best player if he continues his performance... right??

To answer your question >> Yes, salah would because he deserves to be up there. Now, if there was no salah in the team and LFC wins the league then No one in the team deserves it on current form based on how Much De bruyne as performed.

Do You know? ..... That Gareth Bale won the EPL best player award TWICE while playing for Spurs. In those 2 seasons Tottenham finished outside the top 3 and won nothing.

Do You Know?..... Robin Van Persie won the EPL best player while playing for Arsenal, in a season they struggled to finish 3rd and won nothing.

What about Steven Gerrard ?.... He never won the league yet he has an ' English league best player trophy' plus he has appeared most in the 'English League Team of the Season'

Luis Suarez ? grin. I'm sure U already know this.

This just goes to prove the point we have been trying to make to U that these are individual accolades and the goals and assist stats has little to do with it , like in the case of Bale who didn't finish those season with the highest goals/ assist yet won it. All you had to do was watch him play and U would understand why he won.
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by Sagamite(m): 3:43pm On Dec 01, 2017
ebosse:

I may agree with U, based on the fact I never really watched Cruyff played.

I watched the YouTube video of Roberto Baggio the other day and I was screaming my head off, I asked myself "why isn't Baggio celebrated as much as these other players" ? The answer obviously is because he wasn't as awesome as the YouTube clips made him. ( nonetheless, he still won a 'FiFA world best trophy') .

So , I don't believe all these short clips. I rather watch the entire game.

So, You may actually be right about CR7 being better than Cruyff.

You can see Cruyff on Youtube.

Yep. Baggio was great. Those were the people burning up Serie A in the 90s. I would put him in the 3rd tier with Henry, Neymar, Romario and likes.

1 Like

Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by Sagamite(m): 3:45pm On Dec 01, 2017
obonujoker:

How would I choose a man who doesn't have any investment in Nigeria over a PHd holder?

However I know someone like you will still choose Buhari over a trump.... so am not worried....

How old are you?
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by Iamthoney(m): 7:20pm On Dec 01, 2017
Sagamite:

Son, what are you arguing?

You mean the same league that has produced 2 UCL winners and 4 finalists in the last 10 UCLs (including an all English final in 2008) is not making statements in the UCL?

Nonsense about the semi-strong teams easily claiming EPL title. These are the kinds of jejune statements that let me quickly know your age. Typical unreasoned, bias but passionate statements. Because you don't want EPL to be the best league does not mean it is not the best league.

If the likes of Athletico, Valencia and Sevilla were playing in EPL, they would most likely be ending in the 3rd to 9th position in the league most times. If their players are that good, they would not be taking half the wages they can get at Arsenal at these clubs.

The likes of Granada, Gijon and Celta Vigo are no better than Wolves, Reading, Blackpool, Hull and Nottingham Forests in the Championship.
So football started in the last 10years huh? If you fail to see where I stated that should fortune smile at the lesser and semi strong team in La-Liga they will best the best team in the EPL. How many all Spanish finals have we had in the UCL in the last Six years? Two. So stop tryna drum it into my head that EPL is the best league for it is not. Take away the money from the league and see it go into oblivion.
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by Sagamite(m): 8:29pm On Dec 01, 2017
Iamthoney:
So football started in the last 10years huh? If you fail to see where I stated that should fortune smile at the lesser and semi strong team in La-Liga they will best the best team in the EPL. How many all Spanish finals have we had in the UCL in the last Six years? Two. So stop tryna drum it into my head that EPL is the best league for it is not. Take away the money from the league and see it go into oblivion.

Amsorry? You are cretinous fccktard.

What a moronic question? If you are going to look at the strongest league, are you going to look at 50 years ago? Maybe even 100 years ago, idiot?

If fortune smiles on Everton, it can't win La Liga? Stop giving stupid arguments of possibilities.

In the last 20 years, how many times did a team that is not Barca or RM the winner of La Liga? What fortune has smiled on the lesser teams, idiot? Abi Fortune has diarrhea, it has been frowning for 20 years?

That is the league you want to argue is the best?

And so what if we had had 2 all Spanish finals? Many of you stupid kids just pick random points to make your moronic, disjointed arguments.

How does having 59 all Spanish finals defend your stupid statement that EPL teams are not pushing their weight in UCL?

slowpoke, you think people that have money are into losing their money? Why do you think money is going to EPL?

Stupid kids just chatting moronic nonsense!

Products of a failed education system!

2 Likes

Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by Iamthoney(m): 10:15pm On Dec 01, 2017
Sagamite:

Amsorry? You are cretinous fccktard.

What a moronic question? If you are going to look at the strongest league, are you going to look at 50 years ago? Maybe even 100 years ago, idiot?

If fortune smiles on Everton, it can't win La Liga? Stop giving stupid arguments of possibilities.

In the last 20 years, how many times did a team that is not Barca or RM the winner of La Liga? What fortune has smiled on the lesser teams, idiot? Abi Fortune has diarrhea, it has been frowning for 20 years?

That is the league you want to argue is the best?

And so what if we had had 2 all Spanish finals? Many of you stupid kids just pick random points to make your moronic, disjointed arguments.

How does having 59 all Spanish finals defend your stupid statement that EPL teams are not pushing their weight in UCL?

slowpoke, you think people that have money are into losing their money? Why do you think money is going to EPL?

Stupid kids just chatting moronic nonsense!

Products of a failed education system!
I thought you are sensible and matured Alas I'm wrong....people like you resort to name calling and insults when people refuses to share in your opinions upon a subject. I will not stoop to your level to hurl back insults at you but please try and grow up and stop displaying your immaturity...shalom
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by Lakeside2134: 7:23am On Dec 09, 2017
Sagamite:

The league is competitive and more interesting.

In the EPL there are up to 6 strong teams and the gap between these 6 and the other teams is not as high as in other EU leagues. You have to wait till week 30 before you can have an idea who would win the league.

La liga has 2 very strong teams, 2 or 3 semi strong team, and the rest are like babies. The 2 strong teams are so strong, even stronger than EPL's 6, while the babies are like UK Championship league top teams. One of the 2 teams would win the league. Not competitive.

Bundesliga has 1 strong team, 1 semi strong team and the gap between them and other teams is high, and at the beginning of the season, you know which club would win the league. Not competitive.

Serie A has 1 stong team, 6 semi strong teams and the gap between these 7 and the other teams is not that high. But by week 20, you would have an idea who would win the league. Semi competitive.

It is not about dominating Europe. It is about how enjoyable/unpredictable your league is based on competition.

I continue to tell epl fanatics this but every everyone says thrash.The gap between the top 6 teams and the rest of the league is wide.
All the teams from everton downwards are serious thrash and as bad as all those bundesliga teams . I mean all the everton Southampton and burnley.Every season Southampton and everton are thrashed in europa league and never pass group stage. Lool west ham couldn’t even pass the qualifiers last season.Im sure next season burnley and watford would struggle too.This is not the sign of a quality league

As for the top 6
In my opinion every season the title race is similar,we all know that spurs just pile pressure,Liverpool are just entertainers and they drop off later,Arsenal are just there to make top of 4.This teams never mount a serious challenge in the end

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Obinna Nsofor Celebrates His Girlfriend, Anastasija On Her Birthday / Pool Fixed Ultimate Key / 2019 Cheat On How To Win Bet9ja Virtual Big Odd (12) & Correct Score

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.