Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,201 members, 7,835,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

The Fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. Jesus vs Jerusalem People Before the fall. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. Jesus vs Jerusalem People Before the fall. (578 Views)

TRUE SCRIPTURAL LOCATIONS Of Jerusalem, Nazareth, Assyria, Sodom Etc. IN AFRICA / The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible / Top 20 MFM Personal Prayers That Can Cause The Fall Of The Enemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. Jesus vs Jerusalem People Before the fall. by Originakalokalo(m): 11:13am On Nov 30, 2017
Content:

1. Summary of Jesus' encounter with the people in Jerusalem.

2. The Prophecy

3. The fulfilment of the Prophecy.

1. Summary of Jesus'encounter with the people in Jerusalem.

People who lived in Jerusalem killed and stoned Prophets sent to them.

They killed Zechariah in the temple.

Having persecuted the prophets, they turned on Jesus when he came to Jerusalem.

The Pharisees are readers, highly religious and boastful.

Because Jesus was more popular and crowd followed him, they became jealous and attack his teachings at any opportunity.

Statements from the Pharisees

a) You cast out demons through Beelzebub

(b) He is mad.

C) he has a devil.

Their Actions:

i. Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead.

They planned to kill Lazarus because through him, the Jews believed in Jesus.

ii. Jesus healed a woman who was bent for 18 years. She couldn't raise herself up.

They complained that Jesus healed on sabath day.

iii.They watched Jesus if he would heal a man who had a withered hand.

He told the man...."stretch forth your hand" and the hand was healed.

The Pharisees complained.

iv. If you confessed Christ, they throw you out of the synagogue.

See the way Jesus described them.
Re: The Fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. Jesus vs Jerusalem People Before the fall. by Originakalokalo(m): 11:18am On Nov 30, 2017
They tithe everything. But lack the love of God.

They love the highest seats in the synagogue.

They love greetings in the market.

They are like graves that are hidden. Men walk on them without knowing the danger.

They take over the house of widows.
Re: The Fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. Jesus vs Jerusalem People Before the fall. by Originakalokalo(m): 11:27am On Nov 30, 2017
The chief priests are not left out.

1. They turned the outer courts of the temple to market place.

Because people come to offer sacrifices, they sold stands to people who sell these animals.

They sold these animals at higher prices and give return to the chief priests.

At some point, poor people could not buy.

People go from other countries to Jerusalem to offer sacrifices.

Hence, money changing stands were also erected. There was cheating and fraud in the temple of God.

That is why Jesus overthrew their tables and chased them out of the temple.

"My father's house shall be called a place of prayer"

Jesus said this.

Pls follow me slowly while I show you who the inhabitants of Jerusalem were.
Re: The Fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. Jesus vs Jerusalem People Before the fall. by Originakalokalo(m): 11:35am On Nov 30, 2017
The lawyers are not left out.

1. They put heavy burden on people,... They introduced oral law. This was heavy on people and it was urgent on everyone.

2. They built and decorated the graves of the slain Prophet for a show.

Whereas they secretly participated in their death, or love the fact that they were killed.
Re: The Fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. Jesus vs Jerusalem People Before the fall. by Originakalokalo(m): 11:39am On Nov 30, 2017
I hope you can now see the religious setting in Jerusalem.

JESUS, a nobody, destroyed their business. Took the attention of people away from them.

No more greetings in the market. No more followers. Crowd followed Jesus.

And they were sore displeased. At every opportunity, they looked for a way to stone him.

Pharisees!!!!. Laywers!!! Scribes and the Elders of Israel.

Everyone was represented in this hypocricy.

Listen to a statement from the so-called religious leaders in Jerusalem:

" If we let him alone, all men will believe in him, and the Romans will come and take away our nation."
Re: The Fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. Jesus vs Jerusalem People Before the fall. by Originakalokalo(m): 11:42am On Nov 30, 2017
2. The Prophecy Against Jerusalem.
Re: The Fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. Jesus vs Jerusalem People Before the fall. by Originakalokalo(m): 12:00pm On Nov 30, 2017
Ist Prophecy:

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto

thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood

under her wings, and ye would not!

Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until

the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord

JESUS left Jerusalem and ministered to people outside the city.
Re: The Fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. Jesus vs Jerusalem People Before the fall. by Originakalokalo(m): 12:06pm On Nov 30, 2017
When he knew that his time on Earth was up,

He went back to Jerusalem and was welcomed.

Hosanna hosanna blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord.

Hosanna in the Highest.

2nd Prophecy:

And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it,

Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace!

but now they are hid from thine eyes.

For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and

compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side,

And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another;

because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.
Re: The Fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. Jesus vs Jerusalem People Before the fall. by Originakalokalo(m): 12:14pm On Nov 30, 2017
The fulfilment of this Prophecy will be stated in clear terms soon. But first, let's see the lessons learned thus far

1. Most religious leaders are not who we think they are.

They are hypocrites.

Christian leaders celebrate luxury and teach prosperity at the expense of Salvation and righteousness.

Muslim leaders teach their followers Lies about Christianity so that their followers will never think

about reading the Bible or even consider being the followers of Christ.

Those who cannot read believed whatever their leaders say.
A Muslim told me that they were told in their

mosque that Mary, Jesus and God is the Trinity that we believe.

The thought of equating God with a woman makes them hate Christians with passion
Re: The Fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. Jesus vs Jerusalem People Before the fall. by Originakalokalo(m): 12:18pm On Nov 30, 2017
Hypocrites!!!!!!

Let them read and decide for themselves whether to follow Jesus or not.

You have read and you deprived others.

Pharisees!!!!!!

In my area, a Alfa said.. Jesus asked his disciples who they think he is.

Because he doesn't even know himself.

He said " and they claim he is the son of God, someone who doesn't even know himself"
Re: The Fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. Jesus vs Jerusalem People Before the fall. by Originakalokalo(m): 12:21pm On Nov 30, 2017
JESUS, while coming into Jerusalem from the area of Mount Olives

Saw the entire city and wept over it.

(At this area, the view of Jerusalem is easily seen. Little details like this give credence to the authenticity of the Bible)

This was when the ovation was loud. People were shouting hosanna, hosanna.

He was crying for the city.

Let's have compassion for the lost souls.

Even when all is well with us, let us remember those that are yet to be saved.
Re: The Fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. Jesus vs Jerusalem People Before the fall. by Originakalokalo(m): 12:26pm On Nov 30, 2017
Despite their hatred towards their Messiah,

JESUS warned them about his last Prophecy Against Jerusalem.

And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out;

and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.

For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled

But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days!

for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.

And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and

Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
Re: The Fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. Jesus vs Jerusalem People Before the fall. by Originakalokalo(m): 12:36pm On Nov 30, 2017
3. The fulfilment of the Prophecy.

70AD. FALL OF JERUSALEM.

1. It happened during the feat of passover. People came to do their Hypocritical Feasting as usual.

JESUS had ascended up to the father.

People from other countries came for the feast.

AND EVERYONE WAS TRAPPED IN JERUSALEM.

The Ancient of Days had plans for them. He warned them.

Others who didn't hear the warning also fell victims.
Re: The Fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. Jesus vs Jerusalem People Before the fall. by Originakalokalo(m): 12:44pm On Nov 30, 2017
TROUBLE WAS COMING.

Yet they continued in their usual activities. Preparing for a passover feast.

Buying and selling. Cheating and defrauding.

Yet, gradually, the Evil day was approaching.

And they were not aware.

Glory to God.

Christians during this period had been scattered out of Jerusalem.

Because of persecutions from these people.

The 12 disciples did not leave. They stayed in Jerusalem.

But God, the maker of Heavens and the Earth warned them to leave Jerusalem.

. What a divine Protection!!!

They left. All the 12 disciples.

And.....

Trouble came.....

Something happened.....

Evil struck Jerusalem.
Re: The Fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. Jesus vs Jerusalem People Before the fall. by Originakalokalo(m): 5:36pm On Nov 30, 2017
I will post the summary of what happened in Jerusalem.

I will also show us some lessons derived from this history.

Read the awful experience in Jerusalem.:

Don't stop. Pls
Re: The Fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. Jesus vs Jerusalem People Before the fall. by Originakalokalo(m): 5:01am On Dec 01, 2017
Titus began his siege Against Jerusale a few days before Passover,surrounding the city, with three legions.

Jerusalem was thronged with many people who had come to celebrate Passover.

Titus then had a wall built to girdle the city in order to starve out the population more effectively.

During the siege these happened:

. "For the wealthy," he says, "it was equally dangerous to remain.

For under pretense that they were going to run away, men were put to death for their wealth.

Nowhere was food to be seen; but, bursting into the houses men searched them thoroughly, and

whenever they found anything to eat they tormented the owners on the ground that they had denied that they had anything

; but if they found nothing, they tortured them on the ground that they had more carefully concealed it.

The proof of their having or not having food was found in the bodies of the poor wretches.

Those of them who were still in good condition they assumed were well supplied with food,

while those who were already wasted away they passed by, for it seemed absurd to slay those who were on the point of perishing for want.

Many, indeed, secretly sold their possessions for one measure of wheat, if they belonged to the wealthier class, of barley if they were poorer.

Then shutting themselves up in the innermost parts of their houses, some ate the grain uncooked on account of their terrible want,

while others baked it according as necessity and fear dictated.

Nowhere were tables set, but, snatching the yet uncooked food from the fire

, they tore it in pieces. Wretched was the fare, and a lamentable spectacle it was to see the more powerful secure an abundance while the weaker mourned.

women snatched the food from the very mouths of their husbands and children, from their fathers, and what was most pitiable of all, mothers from their babes

. And while their dearest ones were wasting away in their arms, they were not ashamed to take away from them the last drops that supported life.
Re: The Fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. Jesus vs Jerusalem People Before the fall. by Originakalokalo(m): 5:07am On Dec 01, 2017
8. And even while they were eating thus they did not remain undiscovered. But everywhere the rioters appeared, to rob them even of these portions of food.

For whenever they saw a house shut up, they regarded it as a sign that those inside were taking food.

And immediately bursting open the doors they rushed in and seized what they were eating, almost forcing it out of their very throats.

Old men who clung to their food were beaten, and if the women concealed it in their hands, their hair was torn for so doing.

There was pity neither for gray hairs nor for infants, but, taking up the babes that clung to their morsels of food, they dashed them to the ground.

But to those that anticipated their entrance and swallowed what they were about to seize, they were still more cruel, just as if they had been wronged by them.

And they devised the most terrible modes of torture to discover food, stopping up the privy passages of the poor wretches with bitter herbs, and piercing their seats with sharp rods.

And men suffered things horrible even to hear of, for the sake of compelling them to confess to the possession of one loaf of bread, or in order that

they might be made to disclose a single drachm of barley which they had concealed. But the tormentors themselves did not suffer hunger.

11. Their conduct might indeed have seemed less barbarous if they had been driven to it by necessity;

but they did it for the sake of exercising their madness and of providing sustenance for themselves for days to come.

12. And when any one crept out of the city by night as far as the outposts of the Romans to collect wild herbs and grass, they went to meet him;

and when he thought he had already escaped the enemy, they seized what he had brought with him, and even though oftentimes the man would entreat them, and, calling upon the most awful name of God.
Re: The Fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. Jesus vs Jerusalem People Before the fall. by Originakalokalo(m): 5:11am On Dec 01, 2017
The possibility of going out of the city being brought to an end,

all hope of safety for the Jews was cut off. And the famine increased and devoured the people by houses and families.

And the rooms were filled with dead women and children, the lanes of the city with the corpses of old men.

Children and youths, swollen with the famine, wandered about the market-places like shadows, and fell down wherever the death agony overtook them.

The sick were not strong enough to bury even their own relatives, and those who had the strength hesitated because of the multitude of the dead and the uncertainty as to their own fate

. Many, indeed, died while they were burying others, and many betook themselves to their graves before death came upon them.

15. There was neither weeping nor lamentation under these misfortunes; but the famine stifled the natural affections.

Those that were dying a lingering death looked with dry eyes upon those that had gone to their rest before them. Deep silence and death-laden night encircled the city.

16. But the robbers were more terrible than these miseries; for they broke open the houses, which were now mere sepulchres, robbed the dead and stripped the covering from their bodies, and went away with a laugh.

They tried the points of their swords in the dead bodies, and some that were lying on the ground still alive they thrust through in order to test their weapons.

But those that prayed that they would use their right hand and their sword upon them, they contemptuously left to be destroyed by the famine. Every one of these died with eyes fixed upon the temple; and they left the seditious alive.

17. These at first gave orders that the dead should be buried out of the public treasury, for they could not endure the stench.

But afterward, when they were not able to do this, they threw the bodies from the walls into the trenches.

18. And as Titus went around and saw the trenches filled with the dead, and the thick blood oozing out of the putrid bodies,

he groaned aloud, and, raising his hands, called God to witness that this was not his doing."

After speaking of some other things, Josephus proceeds as follows: [638] "I cannot hesitate to declare what my feelings compel me to

. I suppose, if the Romans had longer delayed in coming against these guilty wretches, the city would have been swallowed up by a chasm, or overwhelmed with a flood, or struck with such thunderbolts as destroyed Sodom.

For it had brought forth a generation of men much more godless than were those that suffered such punishment. By their madness indeed was the whole people brought to destruction."

20. And in the sixth book he writes as follows: [639] "Of those that perished by famine in the city the number was countless, and the miseries they underwent unspeakable.

For if so much as the shadow of food appeared in any house, there was war, and the dearest friends engaged in hand-to-hand conflict with one another, and snatched from each other the most wretched supports of life.

21. Nor would they believe that even the dying were without food; but the robbers would search them while they were expiring, lest any one should feign death while concealing food in his bosom.

With mouths gaping for want of food, they stumbled and staggered along like mad dogs, and beat the doors as if they were drunk, and in their impotence they would rush into the same houses twice or thrice in one hour.
Re: The Fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. Jesus vs Jerusalem People Before the fall. by Originakalokalo(m): 5:16am On Dec 01, 2017
Necessity compelled them to eat anything they could find, and they gathered and devoured things that were not fit even for the filthiest of irrational beasts.

Finally they did not abstain even from their girdles and shoes, and they stripped the hides off their shields and devoured them.

Some used even wisps of old hay for food, and others gathered stubble and sold the smallest weight of it for four Attic drachmæ. [640]

"But why should I speak of the shamelessness which was displayed during the famine toward inanimate things?

For I am going to relate a fact such as is recorded neither by Greeks nor Barbarians; horrible to relate, incredible to hear.

And indeed I should gladly have omitted this calamity, that I might not seem to posterity to be a teller of fabulous tales, if I had not innumerable witnesses to it in my own age.

And besides, I should render my country poor service if I suppressed the account of the sufferings which she endured.

24. "There was a certain woman named Mary that dwelt beyond Jordan, whose father was Eleazer, of the village of Bathezor [641] (which signifies the house of hyssop).

She was distinguished for her family and her wealth, and had fled with the rest of the multitude to Jerusalem and was shut up there with them during the siege.

25. The tyrants had robbed her of the rest of the property which she had brought with her into the city from Perea.

And the remnants of her possessions and whatever food was to be seen the guards rushed in daily and snatched away from her.

This made the woman terribly angry, and by her frequent reproaches and imprecations she aroused the anger of the rapacious villains against herself.

26. But no one either through anger or pity would slay her; and she grew weary of finding food for others to eat.

The search, too, was already become everywhere difficult, and the famine was piercing her bowels and marrow, and resentment was raging more violently than famine.

Taking, therefore, anger and necessity as her counsellors, she proceeded to do a most unnatural thing.

27. Seizing her child, a boy which was sucking at her breast, she said, Oh, wretched child, in war, in famine, in sedition, for what do I preserve thee?

Slaves among the Romans we shall be even if we are allowed to live by them. But even slavery is anticipated by the famine, and the rioters are more cruel than both.

Come, be food for me, a fury for these rioters, and a bye-word to the world, for this is all that is wanting to complete the calamities of the Jews.

And when she had said this she slew her son; and having roasted him, she ate one half herself, and covering up the remainder,

she kept it. Very soon the rioters appeared on the scene, and, smelling the nefarious odor, they threatened to slay her immediately unless she should show them what she had prepared.

She replied that she had saved an excellent portion for them, and with that she uncovered the remains of the child.

They were immediately seized with horror and amazement and stood transfixed at the sight. But she said This is my own son, and the deed is mine.

Eat for I too have eaten. Be not more merciful than a woman, nor more compassionate than a mother. But if you are too pious and shrink from my sacrifice, I have already [eaten of it; let the rest also remain for me.

30. At these words the men went out trembling, in this one case being affrighted; yet with difficulty did they yield that food to the mother.

Forthwith the whole city was filled with the awful crime, and as all pictured the terrible deed before their own eyes, they trembled as if they had done it themselves.

31. Those that were suffering from the famine now longed for death; and blessed were they that had died before hearing and seeing miseries like these."

32. Such was the reward which the Jews received for their wickedness and impiety, against the Christ of God.
Re: The Fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. Jesus vs Jerusalem People Before the fall. by Originakalokalo(m): 5:19am On Dec 01, 2017
I hope you have seen how a mother begged the Robbers to let hear share in the dead body of her child?
This Jerusalem is the present world.

We shall look at the lessons learned.
Re: The Fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. Jesus vs Jerusalem People Before the fall. by Originakalokalo(m): 9:38am On Dec 01, 2017
This present world is a mirror of what happened with Jerusalem.

Men of God are hypocrites. God doesn't know them.

Citizens blaspheme at will.

Just as the Pharisees cald Jesus mad.

He warned them of what was coming.

They mocked him.

We have warned you all about things to come. At the end of the world.

People don't listen. Instead, they blaspheme.

They call God different names.

What is coming is going to be worst than this experience that happened in Jerusalem.

Repent and be converted.

1 Like

Re: The Fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. Jesus vs Jerusalem People Before the fall. by Originakalokalo(m): 4:47pm On Dec 01, 2017
Accept Jesus as your Lord and savior.
Re: The Fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. Jesus vs Jerusalem People Before the fall. by Originakalokalo(m): 10:13pm On Dec 20, 2017
Without Jesus your sins remain.

You can't stay the presence of God Almighty at death.

Pls accept Jesus today.

Tomorrow might be too late.

You might not wake up.

(1) (Reply)

Tricks Of Pastorpreneurs Revealed By An Evangelist In A 1972 Documentary / Why Did Jesus Spend Just Two Instad Of Three Days In The Grave / What Is This Religious Fanatic's Problem With Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.