Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,923 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Slave In Libya :video: Nigeria Beings Auctioned For As Low As N14000 In Libya - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Slave In Libya :video: Nigeria Beings Auctioned For As Low As N14000 In Libya (630 Views)

Augustine Omini Oboni: Nigerian Man Turns Teen Into Sex Slave In South Africa / Gang Kept 14-Year-Old Girl As Sex Slave In Bauchi, Arrested By Police / 14-Year-Old Housemaid Turned Into Sex Slave In Delta, Rescued. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Slave In Libya :video: Nigeria Beings Auctioned For As Low As N14000 In Libya by GhanaBlogger(m): 11:51am On Nov 30, 2017
Libya's slaves: I was sold! One of the detained illegal migrants, a young man named Victory, says he was sold at a slave auction. Tired of the rampant corruption in Nigeria's Edo state, the 21-year-old fled home and spent a year and four months -- and his life savings -- trying to reach Europe. He made it as far as Libya, where he says he and other would-be migrants were held in grim living conditions, deprived of food, abused and mistreated by their captors. "If you look at most of the people here, if you check your bodies, you see the marks. They are beaten, mutilated." When his funds ran out, Victory was sold as a day laborer by his smugglers, who told him that the profit made from the transactions would serve to reduce his debt. But after weeks of being forced to work, Victory was told the money he'd been bought for wasn't enough. He was returned to his smugglers, only to be re-sold several more times. The smugglers also demanded ransom payments from Victory's family before eventually releasing him. "I spent a million-plus [Nigerian naira, or $2,780]," he tells CNN from the detention center, where he is waiting to be sent back to Nigeria. "My mother even went to a couple villages, borrowing money from different couriers to save my life." While many of his friends from Nigeria have made it to Europe, Victory is resigned to returning home empty-handed. "I could not make it, but I thank God for the life of those that make it," he says. "I'm not happy," he adds. "I go back and start back from square one. It's very painful. Very painful."

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO: http://www.ghanakasa.net/slave-libya-video-human-beings-auctioned-low-ghc-1836-libya/
http://www.ghanakasa.net/slave-libya-video-human-beings-auctioned-low-ghc-1836-libya/

Re: Slave In Libya :video: Nigeria Beings Auctioned For As Low As N14000 In Libya by ladeb: 12:55pm On Nov 30, 2017
They are heartless

(1) (Reply)

Indian Hemp Smuggler Boards Police Car, Mistakes It For A Taxi / Fulani Herdsmen Again Attack Communities In Logo LGA Of Benue State!!! / Akwa Ibomites Protest Against Illicit Oil Drilling In Uruan L.G.A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.