Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,069 members, 7,953,267 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:15 PM

Tithing: The God You Don't See Is The Human You See - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing: The God You Don't See Is The Human You See (377 Views)

"Tithing"- The Accurate Teaching The Bible Gives. / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithing: The God You Don't See Is The Human You See by Deprofessional(m): 5:01pm On Nov 30, 2017
Most penticostal churches particularly Redeemed and Winners have brought another dimension and hitherto unknown christain doctrine in other to perpetually keep their adherent in bondage.

I have visited winners 5 times on a friend's invitation on different occassions. The sermon preached each of the time is predominantly on how to be rich and live a good life. In each of the sermons, giving to the church is emphasised more than anything else.

I watched with awe how people are brainwashed into even borrowing to sow a seed in the church. In fact one of the pastors challenged the congregation to make a move of faith by borrowing to give God.

Jesus Christ our role model centered his teaching on the need to help fellow humans. He pointed out that whatever is given to the less previlaged in the society is given directly to God.

It is important to mention here that pastors in our big churches no longer preach the power in the name of Jesus. I was opportuned to attend Reinhard Bonnky's crusade for three out of the five days of the campaign. Throughout the days i attended, the message was on repentance and the need to accept Jesus as our Lord and saviour.

Prosperity preaching has become a norm in our churches that one wonders whether the focus of todays churches is MONEY. Some time ago pastor Adeboye ask for members that will donate N1B each to his church building. I began to wonder whether any sincere human being with a legitimate business can afford such sum.

To be continued.
Re: Tithing: The God You Don't See Is The Human You See by forreelinc(m): 5:07pm On Nov 30, 2017
Deprofessional:
Most penticostal churches particularly Redeemed and Winners have brought another dimension and hitherto unknown christain doctrine in other to perpetually keep their adherent in bondage.

I have visited winners 5 times on a friend's invitation on different occassions. The sermon preached each of the time is predominantly on how to be rich and live a good life. In each of the sermons, giving to the church is emphasised more than anything else.

I watched with awe how people are brainwashed into even borrowing to sow a seed in the church. In fact one of the pastors challenged the congregation to make a move of faith by borrowing to give God.

Jesus Christ our role model centered his teaching on the need to help fellow humans. He pointed out that whatever is given to the less previlaged in the society is given directly to God.

It is important to mention here that pastors in our big churches no longer preach the power in the name of Jesus. I was opportuned to attend Reinhard Bonnky's crusade for three out of the five days of the campaign. Throughout the days i attended, the message was on repentance and the need to accept Jesus as our Lord and saviour.

Prosperity preaching has become a norm in our churches that one wonders whether the focus of todays churches is MONEY. Some time ago pastor Adeboye ask for members that will donate N1B each to his church building. I began to wonder whether any sincere human being with a legitimate business can afford such sum.

To be continued.

tongue alaroro pay your tithe
Re: Tithing: The God You Don't See Is The Human You See by Oyiboman69: 5:36pm On Nov 30, 2017
Deprofessional:

To be continued.

So we should go and fight them?

Re: Tithing: The God You Don't See Is The Human You See by AnodaIT(m): 7:24pm On Nov 30, 2017
To be continued o jare

Nothing do you

(1) (Reply)

In Christianity, Even The Poor Give! / The Awake! Mission Statement, The Humiliating Failure / Am I A Bad Christian For Watching Game Of Thrones? - Thelifebeam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.