Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,403 members, 7,830,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Am I A Bad Christian For Watching Game Of Thrones? - Thelifebeam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am I A Bad Christian For Watching Game Of Thrones? - Thelifebeam (366 Views)

The Most Important Reason Why You Should Become A Christian For Real / Victor Eghan: Watching Game Of Thrones Will Lead You To Hell / Winners Chapel's Game Of Thrones Poster (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I A Bad Christian For Watching Game Of Thrones? - Thelifebeam by Thelifebeam: 9:43am On Jan 20, 2018
There’s no arguing Game of Thrones has a lot of controversial content. Explicit sex, mass murder, rape, it’s enough to make any believer question the wisdom of such viewing. Still, fans have countered by pointing out similar moments in the Bible(Judges 19, 20), denying their opponents the moral high ground. This debate has raged on for seven seasons, but a recent article from The Gospel Coalition has stirred up fresh talking points among viewers and non-viewers alike. When considering whether Christians should watch Game of Thrones, Kevin DeYoung writes,

“I won’t repeat what John Piper has already written. His twelve questions are well worth asking, not only for this show, but for all our entertainment choices. I just want to ask one other question: Does anyone really think that when Jesus warned against looking at a woman lustfully (Matt. 5:27), or when Paul told us to avoid every hint of sexual immorality and not even to speak of the things the world does in secret (Eph. 4:3-12), that somehow this meant, go ahead and watch naked men and women have (or pretend to have) sex?”

“…The fact is our consciences should be smitten; steamy sex scenes are not the kind of art for which we can give thanks; and it’s hard to imagine Paul would have been cool with the believers in Ephesus watching simulated sex for a fee each month, so long as they don’t hook up in real life.”

See More Reasons Here>>>https://thelifebeam./2018/01/20/am-i-a-bad-christian-for-watching-game-of-thrones/
Re: Am I A Bad Christian For Watching Game Of Thrones? - Thelifebeam by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 20, 2018
There’s no arguing the bible has a lot of controversial content. Explicit sex, mass murder, rape, it’s enough to make any believer question the wisdom of such being the word of God tongue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I A Bad Christian For Watching Game Of Thrones? - Thelifebeam by Lomprico2: 10:05am On Jan 20, 2018
A very bad and horrible one for that matter!!
Re: Am I A Bad Christian For Watching Game Of Thrones? - Thelifebeam by Thelifebeam: 10:06am On Jan 20, 2018
It's complicated bro, but it takes the grace of God to discern between the right and the wrong

(1) (Reply)

Surat Fatiah During Salah / Must Read: Catholic Bulletin 1 Cor 7: 32-35 / Are You Discouraged?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.