Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC (4621 Views)

Naira Maintains Steady Falls As Speculators Scoop Dollars / Kano Bakers Threaten Indefinite Strike Over IRS, Others Flour Price Hike / No Petrol Price Increase In May - NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by Truth234(m): 6:14am On Dec 01, 2017
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation on Thursday said it had not increased the ex-depot price of Premium Motor Spirit, popularly known as petrol.

It also stated that there was enough product to keep the country wet till the end of this year and beyond.

The NNPC stated this following threats by the Lagos chapter of the Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria to withdraw its services in Lagos and its environs over alleged discrepancies in the ex-depot price of petrol, among others.

In a statement issued by the Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division, NNPC, Ndu Ughamadu, the corporation said the Ejigbo Satellite Depot was fully stocked and carrying out regular loading services.

It stated that the Ejigbo depot had consistently dispensed petrol at the approved price of N133.28 per litre, contrary to allegations that it was being sold at a higher price.

The NNPC said there was enough petroleum products in the country to last till the end of the year and that 25 vessels laden with petroleum products were also being expected to berth between now and January 2018 to further boost supplies.

The corporation urged members of the public not to entertain any fear or engage in panic buying of petroleum products as there was enough to keep the country well supplied.

It stated that the appropriate government agencies had been contacted to settle the rift between IPMAN and the Depot and Petroleum Products Marketers Association.

Meanwhile, former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Thursday lauded the management of the NNPC for the newly constructed ultra-mega station in Sagamu, Ogun State.

Obasanjo, who was represented by Chief Idowu Akanle at the inauguration of the facility, described the successful execution of the project as part of the strategies to ensure energy security in the country.

“Besides ensuring that Nigerians enjoy adequate supply of petroleum products close to their homes and at affordable prices, this initiative is also a means of creating jobs and boosting the economy to ensure that the lives of many Nigerians are touched in many positive ways,” he stated.

The ex-President said the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, a major gateway between Lagos and other parts of the country, had continued to record increased vehicular traffic due to the improved condition of the road and the nation’s reinvigorated economy.

He said the station would ensure that thousands of motorists plying the road would enjoy year-round fuel supply.

The Group Managing Director, NNPC, Dr. Maikanti Baru, described Ogun as the only state with two mega stations.

http://investorsking.com/no-petrol-price-hike-supply-steady-nnpc/

1 Like

Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by Oye0404(m): 6:18am On Dec 01, 2017
When I read news like this, I know its the direct opposite. Meaning we should be ready for our annual and usual fuel scarcity

6 Likes

Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by Ishilove: 6:33am On Dec 01, 2017
Truth234, I would have gone to my village shrine to swear for them if they had as much as hinted about any scarcity. Useless country

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by thesicilian: 6:59am On Dec 01, 2017
Oye0404:
When I read news like this, I know its the direct opposite. Meaning we should be ready for our annual and usual fuel scarcity
You got it man, you are the true son of your father!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by wildcatter23(m): 7:27am On Dec 01, 2017
Q
Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by Kraspo(m): 7:27am On Dec 01, 2017
I hope so
Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:27am On Dec 01, 2017
Ok, THANK YOU, it's our right, not privilege.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by abeylysis92(m): 7:29am On Dec 01, 2017
Somebori tell this upgraded version of lie muham....to shut up!

6 Likes

Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by Nonnyflex(m): 7:30am On Dec 01, 2017
Wow... Really?? Thank God.. Let me Start looking for 50 litres cans... That's one of the knowledge we get with experience...

6 Likes

Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by chinawapz(m): 7:31am On Dec 01, 2017
I can't trust this set of people

I will design your website today
(0-8-1-3-0-7-6-7-3-5-7)
Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 01, 2017
at almost 150, is it not expensive enough, pls don't start o, let's end this recession-filled year in peace

2 Likes

Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by biobab23(m): 7:31am On Dec 01, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]
Abeg go reduce d stuff jawe from 87 to 145

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 01, 2017
Instead unah go reduce
Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by Bossontop(m): 7:35am On Dec 01, 2017
cheesy cheesy grin grin
Its jus a subtle warning to start preparing 4 d worst

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by israelmao(m): 7:35am On Dec 01, 2017
Pls hike it.Nonsense!Bunch of confused ignoramuses.

1 Like

Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by segebase(m): 7:39am On Dec 01, 2017
f
Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by klamba(m): 7:39am On Dec 01, 2017
Onyl God can help us
Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by dynicks(m): 7:40am On Dec 01, 2017
Me each time such statements r made in times/ moments and in seasons like this......we know ur lying just that its annoying each time u lie over Nd over again thinking we r fools Nd that we believe u

Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by cosmatika(m): 7:41am On Dec 01, 2017
When is Buhari going to reduce the pump price of PMS? When they wanted to increase in last yr, they said within 6months it'll start coming down, it's a yr & half nw, it's still at #145

3 Likes

Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by DjAndroid: 7:42am On Dec 01, 2017
Electricity tariff nko?

1 Like

Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by anonimi: 7:44am On Dec 01, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by BigBelleControl(m): 7:45am On Dec 01, 2017
Last year was the first time there was no fuel scarcity in December in a long time. Hope they can maintain the momentum.

1 Like

Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by nNEOo(m): 7:45am On Dec 01, 2017
Haba we know better nah...

Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by ROCE: 7:48am On Dec 01, 2017
Nigerians can be wicked to each other. Typical 9ja. Already saw some rush for petrol two days ago .I come dey think say na jazz na in I con remember say Dec 1 na holiday. three weeks later na xmas. Always during holidays na im dey go wan punish us. nonsense. wickedness

1 Like

Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 01, 2017
I want to pay lower amounts for fuel...

But the only way we can do that
1.Deregulation: we have to get rid of subsidies
2.Refineries: we need more of them.
3.Public transport.
Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by Firefire(m): 7:49am On Dec 01, 2017
Fraudulent government.

1 Like

Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by anonimi: 7:50am On Dec 01, 2017

2 Likes

Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 01, 2017
cosmatika:
When is Buhari going to reduce the pump price of PMS? When they wanted to increase in last yr, they said within 6months it'll start coming down, it's a yr & half nw, it's still at #145

1.We are not earning enough forex to subsidize fuel to as low as #87
2.Refining capacity is still not enough, even when Dangote refinery comes on stream
3.Marketers earn more money, which enables them to easily pay for imports of fuel, and pay staff salaries.
4.Deregulation would in the long term crash prices, and even attract foreign investors. Problem is it means prices as high as 250 per liter in the short term, something that politicians don't love.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by deepwater(f): 7:56am On Dec 01, 2017
Lol
Re: No Petrol Price Hike, Supply Steady – NNPC by silasweb(m): 7:56am On Dec 01, 2017
NNPC better respect themselve this xmas

(1) (2) (Reply)

Internet Shopping / What Business Can I Start With 1 Million Naira / COT Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.