Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade (1740 Views)

Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There / We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari / Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by kenicsxyz: 10:26am On Dec 01, 2017
President Muhammadu Buhari’s highly publicized fight against corruption appears to be having a positive effect on the reputation of the country.
Nigeria was not listed among the ten most corrupt countries in the rating just released by Transparency International.
Nigeria had consecutively been in the top ten for over a decade. Nigeria occupies the 28th position in the latest ranking.
The Corruption Perceptions Index ranked 176 countries on a scale of 0 (perceived to be highly corrupt) to 100 (perceived to be very clean).

In the 2016 Corruption Perceptions Index released on Wednesday July 26 by the Berlin-based ​organisation, Somalia was ranked the most corrupt country in the world for the 10th straight year.
Transparency International estimates that, “corruption, bribery, theft and tax evasion, cost developing countries US $1.26 trillion per year.”

Chairman of the group, José Ugaz, said in the most corrupt countries, “we often see democracies in decline and a disturbing pattern of attempts to crack down on civil society, limit press freedom, and weaken the independence of the judiciary.”
The 2016 CPI, showed that 122 of the 176 countries ranked finished with a score below 50, which Transparency International identifies as having a “serious corruption problem.”
The countries topping the list are generally clustered in Africa and Central Asia Several war-torn nations, such as South Sudan, Syria, Sudan, Yemen, Afghanistan and Iraq which are ranked in the top 10
Meanwhile, Denmark (90 points) was ranked as the least corrupt nation in the world for the fifth straight year. New Zealand tied for the top spot, while Finland, Sweden and Switzerland round out the top five.
The Corruption Perceptions Index conducted by Transparency International, commenced in the year 1995.

Source: http://www.xirkings.com/2017/12/nigeria-out-of-top-10-most-corrupt.html?m=1

Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by kenicsxyz: 10:29am On Dec 01, 2017
Mynd44
OAM4J
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by SOFTENGR: 10:29am On Dec 01, 2017
grin grin grin
The most corrupt as far as I'm concerned.
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by Sall(m): 10:30am On Dec 01, 2017
Good news .
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by DaBillionnaire: 10:34am On Dec 01, 2017
ok
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by boss01: 10:36am On Dec 01, 2017
I here o
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by DEXTROVERT: 10:40am On Dec 01, 2017
I Believe In Nigeria. May God Strike The Corrupt Politicians Dead
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by Sirjamo: 10:45am On Dec 01, 2017
If we have the 16 wasteful years that the poverty development party had, Nigeria and corruption will no longer appear in one sentence.
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 01, 2017
and we should be happy or wat undecidedd last time I check Nigeria is still corrupt as hell, a country where we don't have constant Electricity, our Health system is not working, our educational system is trash, no good roads, no jobs, nothing work in dis God forsaken country. 4 me Nigerian is d most corrupt country in the world

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by python1: 11:49am On Dec 01, 2017
God bless my incorruptible president. This is the kind of news that give urine drinkers hbp, more of it pls, anima.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by yarimo(m): 12:30pm On Dec 01, 2017
May God bless BUHARI for making nigeria and nigerians proud for this achievement, carry on sir. Looters and other criminals minded ones beware

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by Impenia: 1:26pm On Dec 01, 2017
---
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by KwoiZabo(m): 1:40pm On Dec 01, 2017
Nonsense Post, Useless Source
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by sunmike065(m): 2:11pm On Dec 01, 2017
Good news..
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by sdindan: 2:17pm On Dec 01, 2017
If believe that there's no corruption going on in this regime,

You're are deluded.
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by 989900: 2:19pm On Dec 01, 2017
Progress.
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by 989900: 2:19pm On Dec 01, 2017
sdindan:
If believe that there's no corruption going on in this regime,

You're are deluded.

There is no country with zero corruption -- even the Vatican!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by sdindan: 2:23pm On Dec 01, 2017
989900:

There is no country with zero corruption -- even the Vatican!

Dude let our corruption level be like Norway, Finland and co, abeg!
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by 989900: 2:26pm On Dec 01, 2017
sdindan:

Dude let our corruption level be like Norway, Finland and co, abeg!

Maybe in a thousand years!

Progress in the right direction is the important thing here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by SalamRushdie: 2:26pm On Dec 01, 2017
Please disregard this white lie planted by the evil and liar liar govt of all times as Another carefully doctored news planted by this evil demonic govt...Contraru to what the lying govt wants you to believe Nigeria has never been been in the bottom last ten of the corruption preception index of transparency international since the year 2012 where we have come in at 136 out of 176 for all the years including this lie listed above ..Even this 2016 rating CREDIT goes to the GEJ govt as the index assesses the previous year to arrive at ranking meaning ...To finally burst this lie i have attached rankings for 2014, 2015 and 2016 in the same order for you to Judge .. ANOTHER BUHARI LIE BURSTED

Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by jokingmary(m): 2:27pm On Dec 01, 2017
Naija I hail thee. Our corruption don reach level of controlling international records cheesy
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by sdindan: 2:29pm On Dec 01, 2017
989900:

Maybe in a thousand years!

Progress in the right direction is the important thing here.

I hope u watched the house hearing on the Mainagate.
You will believe me bro.
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by greatiyk4u(m): 2:39pm On Dec 01, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Another carefully doctored news planted by this evil demonic govt

Expected once it doesn't suit your narative

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by SalamRushdie: 3:00pm On Dec 01, 2017
greatiyk4u:

Expected once it doesn't suit your narative

Its pure lies
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by SalamRushdie: 3:02pm On Dec 01, 2017
python1:
God bless my incorruptible president. This is the kind of news that give urine drinkers hbp, more of it pls, anima.

The news is false stop all these nonsense please ..tell ur people to stop planting fake news
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by python1: 3:04pm On Dec 01, 2017
SalamRushdie:

The news is false stop all these nonsense please ..tell ur people to stop planting fake news
FarahAideed, you can be campaigning against Buhari on nairaland or any potopoto enclave without disturbing my mention. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by FarahAideed: 3:10pm On Dec 01, 2017
python1:

FarahAideed, you can be campaigning against Buhari on nairaland or any potopoto enclave without disturbing my mention. Thanks.

i dont remember mentioning you anywhere ..drop that weed abeg
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by greatiyk4u(m): 3:12pm On Dec 01, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Its pure lies

Prove it

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by python1: 3:12pm On Dec 01, 2017
FarahAideed:

i dont remember mentioning you anywhere ..drop that weed abeg
SalamRushdie, stop mentioning me. grin
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by Akpuoru: 3:18pm On Dec 01, 2017
KwoiZabo:
Am certain you would have said otherwise if the story was "Nigeria tops in corruption index". So pathetic that you enemies of the nation pray for Nigeria's doom just to feel vindicated not minding that her doom is ultimately your doom. Anybody that seeks and rejoices over his or her country's woes is evil, worse than boko haram.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by SalamRushdie: 3:18pm On Dec 01, 2017
greatiyk4u:

Prove it

See my post above where I have proven it beyond reasonable doubt
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade by Akpuoru: 3:20pm On Dec 01, 2017
KwoiZabo:
Am certain you would have said otherwise if the story was "Nigeria tops in corruption index". So pathetic that you enemies of the nation pray for Nigeria's doom just to feel vindicated not minding that her doom is ultimately your doom. Anybody that seeks for or rejoices over his or her country's woes is evil, worse than boko haram.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okorocha Pays February Salary / I Was Offered Oil Well, Billions Of Dollars To Destroy ADC, Says Chairman Of Oba / Lagosian Edo Man Explodes "The Igbos Own 50 Percent Of Businesses In Lagos" Vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.