Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? (51406 Views)

AFCON 2021: Nigeria In Group D With Egypt, Sudan & Guinea Bissau / France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 / Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 01, 2017
miqos03:
Fifa don't want us to win this world Cup

To be the best, you have to beat the 'Rest' and the 'Best'!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by LordAdam16: 5:37pm On Dec 01, 2017
GordonAJ:
June 2018 is quite some time away, assuming the Super eagles suffer no injury setback, play the right friendly matches, and prepare their minds right, they will not lose a single game in that group. Naija for the first time have the experience and the talent they need to excel in the World. It now goes down to preparations..

Exactly, can't say anything until I see our team selection to the World Cup and our next friendly with England.

We haven't sorted out our GK issue. If we don't, it wouldn't matter how well we play, we wouldn't get out of the group stage because all of those teams will test our resolve. And a great save may be the difference between a draw and a win/loss.

We've got a dynamic team. We'd be in luck if they're in form. It'd be a shame if they aren't.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by Ayodeji2k14: 5:37pm On Dec 01, 2017
Nigeria is actually in a group of death!All nigeria opponents in that group are tough!
Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by GordonAJ: 5:37pm On Dec 01, 2017
Argentina qualification no sure abeg. Big name small engine.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by JSMMUYIWA(m): 5:39pm On Dec 01, 2017
mordecai11:
We for kuku lose that friendly oh��
And what would you be saying with this draw had we lost the friendly?
Well I think Gernot Rohr is technically sound.He dare Germany, had a nice qualifying series.Beat Argentina. We have a sound and eager team,endowed with talents.Argentina with the likes of Dimaria,Aguero and Dybala were trashed 4-2.If we have the confidence level boosted with top teams friendly with great performance, and our goal keeper issue is sorted.We can top that group.We can go far really!!
The last world cup,Argentina won us 3-2.
Messi scored two goals against us,Musa similarly scored two goals against them.
Banega scored freekick against us in the last friendly, Iheanacho scored an awesome free kick too.
We have what it takes,skills,strength,skills,confidence and technicality at its best is what we need.
Yes We Can......Go Super Eagles...

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by innobets(m): 5:39pm On Dec 01, 2017
if Brazil no qualify from group E, I go stop watching football..

dats d easiest group where dey for put naija.

EGYPT get luck sef....
Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by TheTega(m): 5:39pm On Dec 01, 2017
Kanu's Face After The World Cup draw

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by JSMMUYIWA(m): 5:40pm On Dec 01, 2017
Follysho707:

To be the best, you have to beat the 'Rest' and the 'Best'!
Profunda!
Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by GordonAJ: 5:41pm On Dec 01, 2017
TheTega:
Kanu's Face After The World Cup draw
Seriously...lol
Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by Sheusheu: 5:41pm On Dec 01, 2017
bid4rich:
I believe Nigeria will go far, Argentina notwithstanding. But never underestimate Croatia as they might be a big dog
why is nobody talking about Iceland
hmmm...go check their results en route to this finals and u ll definitely have a rethink..Iceland will def qualify from that group..that I'm very sure
Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by mamaya24(m): 5:42pm On Dec 01, 2017
This one na pure robbing na, how we wan take qualify from group sef, super eagles who send una to beat Argentina for friendly now Messi don get him wish
Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by Harrynight(m): 5:42pm On Dec 01, 2017
olaniyi0:
Argentina don enter one chance with Nigeria again,
Argentina 1-3 Nigeria
Iceland 1-2 Nigeria
Croatia 0-1 Nigeria
Nigeria is topping the group this time.

i luv dis Bro!
buh its too gud to be real
Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 5:42pm On Dec 01, 2017
Serendip:
My thoughts

I think Russia has the easiest group

I think it's a walkover for Brazil

I think group F can be termed as the "group of death" arguably though.

I think from Africa, only Senegal and Nigeria will qualify from their respective groups.

Overall I think the draws are pretty much fair.
egypt will qualify

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by Emilycazx(f): 5:42pm On Dec 01, 2017
Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by mordecai11(m): 5:44pm On Dec 01, 2017
[quote author=JSMMUYIWA post=62891360]
And what would you be saying with this draw had we lost the friendly?
Well I think Gernot Rohr is technically sound.He dare Germany, had a nice qualifying series.Beat Argentina. We have a sound and eager team,endowed with talents.Argentina with the likes of Dimaria,Aguero and Dybala were trashed 4-2.If we have the confidence level boosted with top teams friendly with great performance, and our goal keeper issue is sorted.We can top that group.We can go far really

I like your spirit Russia here we xome vroom!
Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by innobets(m): 5:44pm On Dec 01, 2017
ANTONINEUTRON:
egypt will qualify
Belgium + England are d favorite though
Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by frostmate: 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2017
This our group is tougher than 2014 group. Croatia and Iceland are no pushovers. These are very tough European teams.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2017
Prominent prophets will soon give their opinions about how far and what will happen to Nigeria in dis world cup
Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2017
This group, I repeat is the group of death!
Quote me anywhere
Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by LordAdam16: 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2017
GordonAJ:
Argentina qualification no sure abeg. Big name small engine.

Seriously, every team in the group would fancy their chances qualifying out of it.

How will Argentina defend against Iceland's crosses.

How will they fair against Croatia's midfield.

They've only ever won us by a goal difference in recent World Cups.

Yes, they've got Messi, but he wouldn't be defending, would he?

Retain possession, choke the midfield, and take your chances (cos they'll come) and it's possible to get a good result against Argentina.

I really don't know what to expect of Iceland (the -sons) and Croatia (the -ics). They've got something to prove, and we may be the fodder they burn through.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by oladele239(m): 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2017
Kaywaz:
We coming back with that trophy
Yes it's the best beer
Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by Bhol28: 5:47pm On Dec 01, 2017
No group of death in all,Nigeria shouldn't find it hard to qualify from group d I believe

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by nextstep(m): 5:47pm On Dec 01, 2017
All this overconfidence is our undoing... the players will be feeling like they got an easy-to-beat group, then they will lose focus.

Just practice and become a fluid team, and concentrate on scoring without theatrics.
Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by innobets(m): 5:49pm On Dec 01, 2017
IF WE COME SECOND IN GROUP D, WE GO STILL MEET FRANCE WEY DEY LIKELY TO COME FIRST IN GROUP SEE FOR KNOCKOUT......

u know d rest of d story
Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by afroxyz: 5:51pm On Dec 01, 2017
Phi001:
OP, how can you create the thread and be FTC ehn?

Let's see if we can win Iceland and force a draw with Argentina and Croatia, we'll be through as 2nd most likely.

We should be able to handle Iceland and Croatia is not so great a team. Argentina is the main worry.

Hmm. I pity you. Iceland would be the most difficult team in that group.
Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by sepalapen(m): 5:51pm On Dec 01, 2017
javijabor:
Una go think say na friendly till Argentina give una 4-0 grin cheesy
you said it all fifa do ojolo there ,nigeria sorry o . no hope
Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by barajo1(m): 5:52pm On Dec 01, 2017
Dis must be the handiwork of messi. He wan revenge abi? We go still treat em Bleep up
Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by bams2999(m): 5:52pm On Dec 01, 2017
Super eagle must go forget about Argentina

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by JSMMUYIWA(m): 5:54pm On Dec 01, 2017
Handsomecole:
It's quite unfortunate how FIFA has continued to be bias to Nigeria , they hatred for our country's football is totally glaring. This was even proven in the last fifa rankings . I mean CROATIA AND ARGENTINA? ?? It's not fair ...
It is not too bad group.
Though tricky group it is.
You don't expect them to give us Iran and Saudi Arabia after all?
Last tourney we played Argentina,Iran and Bosnia.
Relatively, if we are formidable, we should scale through this group of ours.I believe we can.We have all it takes.
And should we leave that,group of ours,I trust we will go far in the Tourney.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 5:55pm On Dec 01, 2017
innobets:

Belgium + England are d favorite though
how?
Egypt are in group A oo
with uruguay, russia and saudi arabia

check am, they have an easy group

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by MaziOmenuko: 5:55pm On Dec 01, 2017
Ejomax77:
I think FIFA manipulated the whole process by demoting us in the rankings.

Hian! Which kind of conspiracy theory be that one? Why would fifa conspire against Nigeria? Are we dragging land with them? This is a transparent process, fifa ranking was used to separate the teams into different pots and the fifa ranking didn't start today. Fifa releases ranks monthly so why will they now manipulate our rank just so we can meet Argentina?

Na waoh

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? by bondingman: 5:55pm On Dec 01, 2017
Iceland topped their group in UEFA wcq losing only 2 Matches: 1 against Croatia.
The 4 teams in that group r deadly n I can say that's d group of death.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) / Ahmed Musa Unveiled At Leicester City / Lionel Messi Talks About Cristiano Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.