Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,892 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) (51383 Views)

AFCON Final: Bafana Bafana Congratulates Super Eagles / Bafana Bafana Players Released From Camp As Xenophobia Rattles Team / Alex Iwobi Dances Gbe Body After Super Eagles Win Against Bafana Bafana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by MzansiCoolio: 4:34am On Feb 05
The groundswell of support for South Africa's national men's football team, Bafana Bafana, has received after beating World Cup semi-finalists Morocco in the African Cup of Nations has resulted in the white official supporters' replica jersey being sold out.

The two goals scored by Evidence Makgopa and Teboho Mokoena against Morocco to earn Bafana a berth in the Afcon quarterfinals reverberated throughout the country and made cash registers ring with joy.

Le Coq Sportif marketing manager Courtney Williams, while unable to supply sales numbers, confirmed the news to TimesLIVE.

“The support has been amazing and it just accentuates the good sporting news we as South Africans have had in the last year. Banyana made it to the round of 16 in the Women's World Cup, the Boks beat France, England and New Zealand in the Rugby World Cup knockout rounds by one point and then Dricus du Plessis won his UFC title fight on a split decision also by one point,” Williams said.

A winning team is its own best salesperson, he said.

“Our team performed incredibly well so far and the jersey sales fed on that feeling of good hope. The jerseys were sold out almost immediately online.”

Williams is proud of the national team.

“This shows our national resilience, but also the Bafana Bafana resilience. These players recently ended a 15-match unbeaten streak when they lost to Rwanda. Yet nobody made positive noise about their results.

“We are from a nation of one-pointers and Bafana now have a point to prove. We are all very excited about this team and their prospects in the CAF Cup.”

The last and only time South Africa won this tournament was way back in 1996.

“There is a definite spirit of the 1996 team that you can see and feel in our current crop. Their dedication and performance speaks to us as South Africans”

Before the tournament started few gave Bafana a sporting chance.

Le Coq Sportif unveiled an all-white kit that is an alternative jersey for South Africa as they head to the continental tournament to be hosted by Ivory Coast.

This is a departure from the traditional green and gold stripes that have been a signature of Bafana Bafana for years.

The new colours come as South Africa seek inspiration from elsewhere.

Price: 999 rands🇿🇦, 63,000 naira🇳🇬

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by BabbanBura(m): 5:20am On Feb 05
MzansiCoolio:
The groundswell of support South Africa's national men's football team, Bafana Bafana, has received after beating World Cup semi-finalists Morocco in the African Cup of Nations has resulted in the white official supporters' replica jersey being sold out.

The two goals scored by Evidence Makgopa and Teboho Mokoena against Morocco to earn Bafana a berth in the Afcon quarterfinals reverberated throughout the country and made cash registers ring with joy.

Le Coq Sportif marketing manager Courtney Williams, while unable to supply sales numbers, confirmed the news to TimesLIVE.

“The support has been amazing and it just accentuates the good sporting news we as South Africans have had in the last year. Banyana made it to the round of 16 in the Women's World Cup, the Boks beat France, England and New Zealand in the Rugby World Cup knockout rounds by one point and then Dricus du Plessis won his UFC title fight on a split decision also by one point,” Williams said.

“Our team performed incredibly well so far and the jersey sales fed on that feeling of good hope. The jerseys were sold out almost immediately online.”

“This shows our national resilience, but also the Bafana Bafana resilience. These players recently ended a 15-match unbeaten streak when they lost to Rwanda. Yet nobody made positive noise about their results.

“We are from a nation of one-pointers and Bafana now have a point to prove. We are all very excited about this team and their prospects in the CAF Cup.”

“There is a definite spirit of the 1996 team that you can see and feel in our current crop. Their dedication and performance speaks to us as South Africans”

Le Coq Sportif unveiled an all-white kit that is an alternative jersey for South Africa as they head to the continental tournament to be hosted by Ivory Coast.

This is a departure from the traditional green and gold stripes that have been a signature of Bafana Bafana for years.

How can one order for Super Eagles' original Jerseys? I need atleast half dozens each of all this AFCON's Jerseys

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by MzansiCoolio: 5:37am On Feb 05
BabbanBura:

How can one order for Super Eagles' original Jerseys? I need atleast half dozens each of all this AFCON's Jerseys

Check who made them - Nike, Adidas, etc. and order online.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by KingLennon(m): 6:31am On Feb 05
With all these gra-gra, SA will still collect 2-0 on wednesday cheesy...

245 Likes 16 Shares

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by Thisis2raw(m): 6:33am On Feb 05
Anything dey like make dem talk or do, come that day we (Nigeria) go beat them.

151 Likes 8 Shares

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by PinkNature: 7:33am On Feb 05
BabbanBura:

We have sellers here on NL I've seen some adverts from mensclothings/menclothing.

Ban mutum, me sef like the jersey.. you fit waybill me one as a gift?

6 Likes

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by G00dharddick: 8:52am On Feb 05
Anything less than Nigeria 7 - 0 south Africa is highly unacceptable by me

Super eagles should take note

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by terrezo2002(m): 10:12am On Feb 05
BabbanBura:

Go to Lagos Island. You will see.
I just ordered some for 8k to 13k

11 Likes

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by Starboytwo(m): 10:17am On Feb 05
Weda na sold out or sold in.

4-0

I have seen

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by udede(m): 10:44am On Feb 05
Nobi only Banana -Banana, na plantain -plantain.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by Okwyjesus(m): 11:10am On Feb 05
KingLennon:
With all these gra-gra, SA will still collect 2-0 on wednesday cheesy...

Me l prefer SA to Cape Verde. SA strikers plays rubbish

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by Rexymania(m): 12:08pm On Feb 05
Okay, let's wait till Wednesday

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by BabbanBura(m): 1:11pm On Feb 05
MzansiCoolio:

Check who made them - Nike, Adidas, etc. and order online.

Thanks bro, I no trust all these lagos vendors, na only fake human being dem no dey sell for that Lagos

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by orohbiro(f): 2:02pm On Feb 05
This guys don't know Nigeria employed a match reader as a coach

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by omniwater: 2:38pm On Feb 05
Bafana bafana go turn Banana banana on Wednesday after they lose 2 - 0 to The Mighty Super Eagles.

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by Menclothing: 3:26pm On Feb 05
BabbanBura:

Available dm

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by wiseone28: 5:27pm On Feb 05
PinkNature:

We have sellers here on NL I've seen some adverts from mensclothings/menclothing.

Ban mutum, me sef like the jersey.. you fit waybill me one as a gift?
Na free things been kill tortoise mother in-law

5 Likes

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by wiseone28: 5:29pm On Feb 05
Banana fans should also buy dozens of handkerchief with them

32 Likes

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by Gadafii: 5:30pm On Feb 05
I beg osimhen and lookman to do wonders and ensure we beat South Africa

Because they already beat us to a Grammy, even tho we had people like asake, Davido, burna boy and ayra star nominated for the same Grammy, na one small 22 yo beat them to it

So that we go get mouth drag them on twitter, football an music is the only bragging right we have right now

Any small thing they already posted a picture of video of tinubu, and there is no way one can defend tinubu anywhere 😭😭😭😂🥴🥴

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by seyicodes(m): 6:42pm On Feb 05
They will still collect

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by kehnderson(m): 6:43pm On Feb 05
MzansiCoolio:
The groundswell of support for South Africa's national men's football team, Bafana Bafana, has received after beating World Cup semi-finalists Morocco in the African Cup of Nations has resulted in the white official supporters' replica jersey being sold out.

Hello good members of the group. I hope this message finds you well. My friend has been exploring opportunities in the civil service, and I've heard that having the support of well-connected individuals (not just merit) can be beneficial. Given the network and experience of some members here, I was wondering if any kind hearted might have any link to politicians (or the likes) or advice or guidance on navigating this process. He's frustrated so, he'd greatly value your insights and appreciate any assistance you could provide.
Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by ednut1(m): 6:43pm On Feb 05
Nigerians would rather buy fake

1 Like

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by merits(m): 6:43pm On Feb 05
MzansiCoolio:

They will cry 😭😭😭😭😭😭 woefully on Wednesday.

3 Likes

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by gigabyte13: 6:44pm On Feb 05
Jersey wey Dem go take wipe their tears last last.....
South Africa keh
For where super eagles dey....??
Shoe get size
Okrika get quality

9 Likes

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:47pm On Feb 05
The economic challenges has made buying super eagles official Jersey a luxury. Money to put food on the table is the concern of most families not buying Jersey.
Nigeria is blessed with splendid tailors anyway. cool

1 Like

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by fitinwell: 6:47pm On Feb 05
Super Eagles d games is getting tougher ... Dont go and be playing by chance ooo...

Good luck SE

3 Likes

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by Peterpanny: 6:47pm On Feb 05
If you like sold out
If you like sold in
Person wa go beat you go still beat you blue and black.

Make them go ask Angola how far,after all the monetary,iphone and one year recharge card promises,them collect abi them no collect,,make una no day wine state.

Charlie,Person wa go beat you go beat you anytime any day.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by AllahOfBlood: 6:47pm On Feb 05
angry

Ahaji Shettima boys working
Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by Stevenson20: 6:48pm On Feb 05
If they like let them sell their boxers join, they must collect from us.
Nigeria 2-0 South Africa

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by abobote: 6:51pm On Feb 05
I have gotten my super Eagles jersey as well

2 Likes

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by xelente(m): 6:51pm On Feb 05
Gadafii:
I beg osimhen and lookman to do wonders and ensure we beat South Africa

Because they already beat us to a Grammy, even tho we had people like asake, Davido, burna boy and ayra star nominated for the same Grammy, na one small 22 yo beat them to it

So that we go get mouth drag them on twitter, football an music is the only bragging right we have right now

Any small thing they already posted a picture of video of tinubu, and there is no way one can defend tinubu anywhere 😭😭😭😂🥴🥴
the last lines here is an executive summary, can’t laugh

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA's Bafana Bafana Jerseys Sold Out Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash (PICS) by QuickStandard: 6:52pm On Feb 05
They will still lose.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? / Celebration On The Streets Of Paris As France Wins World Cup / Ahmed Musa Unveiled At Leicester City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.