Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,718 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:34 AM

Nigerian Press Has Been Bought And Corrupted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Press Has Been Bought And Corrupted (1053 Views)

Everybody Has A Price. Seems EUROBOMBER Has Been Bought. / Nigerian Press One Of The World's Freest - UN / British Politician Chides Nigerian Press For Their Negativity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Press Has Been Bought And Corrupted by shutmouth(m): 8:56pm On Feb 24, 2007
The Nigerian Press has been bought and corrupted by the government and the politicians. Some notorious Nigerian journalists are defending the corrupt practices of indicted politicians vociferously.

What a shame!

A journalist should do his job regardless of what the politicians think. A journalist owes a duty to society to keep them informed that is over and above his loyalty to the politicians. He should do his job according to his ethics and according to his conscience rather than according to the dictates of the politicians.
Re: Nigerian Press Has Been Bought And Corrupted by abdkabir(m): 10:29pm On Feb 24, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin
U know @shutmouth,

Ur outspokenness amazes me. But as much as i strive to have a look on the threads(politics) u begin, i still get moved aback by ur dogmatic biasness if that word exists.
My brother, it would be nice to know the last time u were @ home. Almost every sector is freaking corrupt @ home. Everybody pays the press, the presidency,VP,atiku,Ac,ANPP,PDP, companies etc. I had a frnd who told me , all u need 2 be popular in Naija is Money for the press and thats it.

Every thing has been monetized. That y some of us arent so hardlined on the anti-atiku issue because Obasanjo is also corrupt and he ought to have adopted are more just,liberal and intelligent approach to corruption than his oresent garricon ways.

Well sha, maybe u will see later.

CHeers.
Re: Nigerian Press Has Been Bought And Corrupted by lewa(m): 11:40pm On Feb 24, 2007
The Nigerian Press has been bought and corrupted by the government and the politicians. Some notorious Nigerian journalists are defending the corrupt practices of indicted politicians vociferously.

Provide your reference!Which media oulet is guilty?Name the so called journalists if you can?
What a shame!

Yes that your ignorance has no limit!Before hitting your keyboard in that perpetual frenzy state,do you check your facts up?Or rather follow your whim and exhibit crass ineptitude!
journalist should do his job regardless of what the politicians think. A journalist owes a duty to society to keep them informed that is over and above his loyalty to the politicians. He should do his job according to his ethics and according to his conscience rather than according to the dictates of the politicians
I'm waiting because as of last count the Fourth estate in Nigeria has been at the fore front of objective,fair reporting and also a bulwark against the anarchy OBJ wants to drag us into!
Re: Nigerian Press Has Been Bought And Corrupted by abdkabir(m): 11:51pm On Feb 24, 2007
@ Lewa

All respect, it seems 2 me u live in the 4th Estate.
Re: Nigerian Press Has Been Bought And Corrupted by lewa(m): 12:01am On Feb 25, 2007
Aasalaamu Aleikum
I am a friend of the Fourth estate
Re: Nigerian Press Has Been Bought And Corrupted by abdkabir(m): 12:06am On Feb 25, 2007
Hey what makes u think i'm a Muslim,

Anyway sha , Aleika Salam.
Re: Nigerian Press Has Been Bought And Corrupted by lewa(m): 12:08am On Feb 25, 2007
It's an Arabic greeting not muslim greeting~no offense intended. I am a man of peace
Re: Nigerian Press Has Been Bought And Corrupted by abdkabir(m): 12:10am On Feb 25, 2007
Fair enough. Lets agree to that.

CHeers
Re: Nigerian Press Has Been Bought And Corrupted by shutmouth(m): 2:02am On Feb 25, 2007
it would be nice to know the last time u were @ home.

Don't you read my previous posts?. More than 20 heck of years, my man!!! Like many Nigerians abroad, due to decay and corruption, we abandoned Nigeria for good since IBB era.

Ribadu brought back the twinkle in my eyes, and I began to love my darling (Nigeria) again. Handsome guy, isn't he? Hey, beware, he was my classmate.

You know what? I never knew who the VP of Nigeria was until I visited EFCC web site few weeks ago (That is the extent of my disgust with Nigeria). When I read about Atiku's corruptions on EFCC's web site, my stomach sunk. Since then, it's been fire-to-fire.

Right now, I feel more relaxed that Atiku is off the political stage and no more in the run for the elections. Thanks to God!!!

***Atiku boys, sorry the party is over!!! At least you all have fat Naira pockets, so no qualms.
Re: Nigerian Press Has Been Bought And Corrupted by abdkabir(m): 2:12pm On Feb 25, 2007
Fair enough, that appears to be a valid explanation for your dogmatism.

Having said that, Since it's been more than 20 years u've been @ home,let me give u some updates of how things run down here.

My brother,Ribadu is Fantastic but i advise u not to take hook line sinker whatever comes from any agency in Nigeria because the system isn't as fair and transparent as we all would like it to be. As much as I would like to believe EFCC is indeed independent , i know its not.Infact, i can tell what we have @ this moment is a blend of Democracy and AutoCracy. @least we thank God its better than the Military Days.

So how do we move from here, the issue @ stake is that Obasanjo's quest to Dominate the Party & Country is drifting us back to Autocracy and if we don't take care the things might get worse.

Obasanjo has abused and disrespected institutions of a true Democracy which he was meant to protect. I can tell u, if it were not for the oppositon, i mean Tinubu ,Soyinka, Fawehimin etc. The country would now have been subservant to Baba Agba. i happened to be a victims of his oppression. He authorised the arrest of someone close to me on an issue he had not been found guilty of.He also didnt let the police release him even after we had gone to court to enforce his Human Rights. And all this happened before Atiku, so u can know the court has been challening OBJ 4 a while.

So this is not Hatred towards OBJ, a Nairaland user said, "almost everyone @ home is corrupt or has been corrupted", we need a Fair & Witty National Father who can balance partisanship with Nationalism.A leader who understands d importance of Opposition to True Democracy.

I'II just try to end it this way, i was speaking with some experienced guy and he told me the Military training these Guys; OBJ , Buhari etc, makes them Incompatible with Democracy. For then to change, they would need to renounce the very foundation upon which they were made as Military Men.

CHeers.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With Our Traditional Moral Believes? / What Farewell Present Would You Give OBJ? / Autocracy Goverment Is Obj Above The Law?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.