Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,381 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) (47178 Views)

Ayra Starr Meets With Rihanna At A Fenty Show In London (Photos, Video) / Tiwa Savage, Wizkid And Awilo Longomba Hang Out In London (Photos) / Wizkid And His Ex-Girlfriend, Tania Omotayo, Party Together In London (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by 4dor: 9:52pm On Dec 01, 2017
verygudbadguy:
Big fish. When you are big, you are big.

He paved the way for youngsters Wiz and Dav. There is no amount of bulldozers of hate and mouth lashing that can pull this guy down. He has gotten to a point of grace.

Congrats on his new deal.

Don't rewrite history, 2face paved the way.
Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by Dainikel(m): 9:58pm On Dec 01, 2017
I'm more bothered about the exclusion of the biggest club in EPL..Manchester United. Why the omission? angry
Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by meccuno: 10:00pm On Dec 01, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Jack of all trade, master of none.

Failed in music, (King don come)
Failed in reality TV, (Koko Mansion)
Failed as an ambassador, (Slot & Globacom)
Failed in agriculture, (Koko Garri)
Failed in talent hunting (CREAM)

Now he wants to be a mere sports show presenter.
Last last, this dude might resort to opening a church.

Eja kekere.
Keep jumping from post to post while small boys like Wizkid and Davido reign in music.
grin
Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by verygudbadguy(m): 10:00pm On Dec 01, 2017
4dor:

Don't rewrite history, 2face paved the way.
I don't need to add international to my post to make you comprehend. The thread itself is about an international endorsement Dbanj got.

If you can point at any way Tubaba paved way for the youngsters on the international scene, please, educate me. We are all learners.

Not to take away anything from Tubaba. He is the most respected/talented Nigerian Artiste. I respect and love his work dearly. He didn't leave his comfort zone though.

4 Likes

Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by 4dor: 10:03pm On Dec 01, 2017
verygudbadguy:

I don't need to add international to my post to make you comprehend. The thread itself is about an international endorsement Dbanj got.

If you can point at any way Tubaba paved way for the youngsters on the international scene, please, educate me. We are all learners.

Not to take away anything from Tubaba. He is the most respected/talented Nigerian Artiste. I respect and love his work dearly. He didn't leave his comfort zone though.

That MTV award changed the game forever. First African to win it, gave a lot of guys the belief that they could do big things. Dbanj won it two years later, Psqaure was also nominated.
Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by stieyven(m): 10:06pm On Dec 01, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Eja kekere.
Keep jumping from post to post while small boys like Wizkid and Davido reign in music.
Church? Do not take the name of the Lord in vain. EXODUS 20 :7
Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by Virus777: 10:10pm On Dec 01, 2017
Always signing useless deals that do not add value to your pocket. Make good music first then lucrative deals will come.

Just continue deceiving yourself, we all know you're even worse than an upcoming artiste. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by verygudbadguy(m): 10:15pm On Dec 01, 2017
4dor:

That MTV award changed the game forever. First African to win it, gave a lot of guys the belief that they could do big things. Dbanj won it two years later, Psqaure was also nominated.
Eye opener indeed. Needless to argue, that never answered the question of how 2face paved way for the youngsters on the international scene. He never broke into the international scene.

He was recognized with awards though but never had any major endorsements nor did he feature any A-list artiste. Don't bother calling R.kelly. T-pain also is not an A-list artiste. We don't need to continue arguing because the subject is one of my biggest inspiration. I adore and almost idolize him but do not support blindly.
Lemme tell you about someone that paved the way but isn't accorded the real MVP ovation, JJC Skills. He started with the JJC and 419 squad, Big Brovas in London with hits like Atide, Gbao, Jekalo. They won Kora. They were nominated for the prestigious MOBO. They put Nigerian music on the world map with their music back then.

JJC trained Don Jazzy on music production and gave Dbanj a chance to play mouth Hogan on one of their songs. That's the real MVP on the int'l scene. He changed the game and gave us the Dbanj and Jazzy that took over Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by dstringzz: 10:18pm On Dec 01, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Eja kekere.
I find it difficult to resist commenting on ur write up...u are so stupid that you wrote dbanj failed in the above listed.. .how many of his programmes are you following!! Dude's one of the few bankable music acts.. .even his songs are hits.. .have u even listened to superstar?? IF YOU DON'T HAVE WHAT TO SAY.,SHUT UP

4 Likes

Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by 4dor: 10:23pm On Dec 01, 2017
verygudbadguy:

Eye opener indeed. Needless to argue, that never answered the question of how 2face paved way for the youngsters on the international scene. He never broke into the international scene.

He was recognized with awards though but never had any major endorsements nor did he feature any A-list artiste. Don't bother calling R.kelly. T-pain also is not an A-list artiste. We don't need to continue arguing because the subject is one of my biggest inspiration. I adore and almost idolize him but do not support blindly.

Lmao! So you really think dropping money to get Americans on your track is breaking into the international scene. If this is your logic then Femi Kuti has been a failure has an international artist. If you are saying 2face never made it internationally then how come his song was the soundtrack of a major Hollywood movie? Let me borrow a bit from your logic and drop another fact, at the peak of Wyclef's career, 2face got featured on a Wyclef album. Don't forget Beanie man was also on a 2face song too. I won't blame you much we all see history though our active years. Real history is when we seek information from the years we weren't active.
Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by Davonjagah(m): 10:27pm On Dec 01, 2017
Im suprised at the level of stupidity of those criticizing Dbanj, who in a quest to achieve business success have failed in some. The Goal is never to stop until you find the right business. Let that be your mindset. Encourage those that are trying their best

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by Basic123: 10:29pm On Dec 01, 2017
Dbanj has many haters especially the IPOB terrorists who think he should not be heard again because he parted way with don jazzy who with dbanj co founded mo hit .

BUT IS DBANJ THE ONLY ARTISTE?..IS TUFACE STILL AS HOT LIKE HE USE TO BE BEFORE.CAN YOU COMPARE TUFACE CURRENT FORM WITH THAT OF WIZKID AND DAVIDO?

PEOPLE HAVE FORGOTTEN TUFACE AND DBANJ WERE WHIZKID AND DAVIDO OF 2004-2010?....YET THOSE GUYS DONT TALK ABOUT TUFACE DWINDLING MUSICAL CAREER.

TUFACE USED TO BE KNOWN AS AFRICA MOST DECORATED ARTISTE,I DON'T THINK HE IS STILL THE ONE AGAIN WITH THE LIKE OF WHIZKID AND DAVIDO.YET THEY DONT TALK ABOUT THAT

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by verygudbadguy(m): 10:33pm On Dec 01, 2017
4dor:

Lmao! So you really think dropping money to get Americans on your track is breaking into the international scene. If this is your logic then Femi Kuti has been a failure has an international artist. If you are saying 2face never made it internationally then how come his song was the soundtrack of a major Hollywood movie? Let me borrow a bit from your logic and drop another fact, at the peak of Wyclef's career, 2face got featured on a Wyclef album. Don't forget Beanie man was also on a 2face song too. I won't blame you much we all see history though our active years. Real history is when we seek information from the years we weren't active.
Bro, I can't argue much about 2face because like I said earlier, he is an inspiration to me. I don't think there is any 2face song that I don't know or listen to.

Femi kuti has been plying the international scene since 1995. His father is a renowned activist and a music legend. Femi's song portrayed the father's legacy. Femi has Grammy nominations. Collaborated with the likes of Common, Mos Def.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by LaudGuy: 10:38pm On Dec 01, 2017
JayCynic:
This is what happens to a Nigerian artiste when the audience is sick of boring music

Guy it's called diversifying your brand. To put it lightly your statement is so embarrassing. Stop acting illiterate fam...

1 Like

Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by dvkot(m): 10:39pm On Dec 01, 2017
Dbanj is going for the money, pdiddy and Dr dre style kudos... u used to be my fav artist but since you left Mohits, wizkid has taken over.
Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by yomihinmikaiye(m): 10:39pm On Dec 01, 2017
U are indeed an e[color=#770077][/color]lite and I can see u know much about dbanj. We crave for enlightened comments like this to help broaden our horizon and not the superiority and class between wizzy and davido. As old as I have known, dbanj remains that man to beat for his wealth in Africa. The likes of David, wizzy and all other notable artist in Africa regard to him as king not just for musical reasons but for his exploitation in the trade of business. Long live the king
yewune:

This is the typical pull-them-down mentality of haters...Listened to Dbanj's recent Album....it is 'epically' classic!

You know what Dbanj is also doing? He has what most other African artistes can only dream of! And instead on living on that achievement glory, he is moving beyond boundaries, in order to cement his position as the richest, wealthiest and most-business inclined African Artiste based in Africa!

I am a young business man (cant wait to meet this incredible superstar!)...but this damn relentless and hardworking dude inspires me every single day same way he has inspired likes of Olamide, Wizkid, Wande Coal, Davido, Sarkodie, Casper Nyovest, even Timaya!!! You doubt it? Go ask them

If you truly understand the value of this deal he has signed, with millions of football fans accross Nigeria nay africa that would want to be part of the digital excitement, you would appreciate business innovation...but as usual, 'dem dont know'

And by the way, have you been to any Dbanj's concert? Dbanj has the most energetic live performance you cant ever think of among Nigerian artistes. You doubt if? Reasons Biggest shows promoters, event managers, biggest brands pay extra extra to have Dbanj perform at their events alongs some of the most fantastic live performers like Yemi Alade, Tuface, Tiwa, Wizkid, Flavour and few others
Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by yomihinmikaiye(m): 10:41pm On Dec 01, 2017
[color=#770077][/color]U are indeed an elite and I can see u know much about dbanj. We crave for enlightened comments like this to help broaden our horizon and not the superiority and class between wizzy and davido. As old as I have known, dbanj remains that man to beat for his wealth in Africa. The likes of David, wizzy and all other notable artist in Africa regard to him as king not just for musical reasons but for his exploitation in the trade of business. Long live the king
yewune:

This is the typical pull-them-down mentality of haters...Listened to Dbanj's recent Album....it is 'epically' classic!

You know what Dbanj is also doing? He has what most other African artistes can only dream of! And instead on living on that achievement glory, he is moving beyond boundaries, in order to cement his position as the richest, wealthiest and most-business inclined African Artiste based in Africa!

I am a young business man (cant wait to meet this incredible superstar!)...but this damn relentless and hardworking dude inspires me every single day same way he has inspired likes of Olamide, Wizkid, Wande Coal, Davido, Sarkodie, Casper Nyovest, even Timaya!!! You doubt it? Go ask them

If you truly understand the value of this deal he has signed, with millions of football fans accross Nigeria nay africa that would want to be part of the digital excitement, you would appreciate business innovation...but as usual, 'dem dont know'

And by the way, have you been to any Dbanj's concert? Dbanj has the most energetic live performance you cant ever think of among Nigerian artistes. You doubt if? Reasons Biggest shows promoters, event managers, biggest brands pay extra extra to have Dbanj perform at their events alongs some of the most fantastic live performers like Yemi Alade, Tuface, Tiwa, Wizkid, Flavour and few others

1 Like

Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by shegra58: 10:41pm On Dec 01, 2017
martineverest:
With his dwindling career and zero talent?
see your life you are talking ill of someone who can afford to feed you and your unborn children with unmarried wife for as long as there is life,according to you dbanj got dwindling career you got no career,he got Zero talent and you got no talent may be you forgot that the dbanj was known globally through music...go and change your way and stop coming to nairaland to display your mumunism and ignorant probably you'll be able to at least feed your mouth without the intervention of your parents

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 01, 2017
verygudbadguy:

Bro, I can't argue much about 2face because like I said earlier, he is an inspiration to me. I don't think there is any 2face song that I don't know or listen to.

Femi kuti has been plying the international scene since 1995. His father is a renowned activist and a music legend. Femi's song portrayed the father's legacy. Femi has Grammy nominations. Collaborated with the likes of Common, Mos Def.
don't compare femi kuti to any other fabricated artist Nigeria has they portray the art of indigenous music with the real afro style not nonsense the rest sings..though the rest are hits but no nigerian song can ever beat femi' kuti bang bang in times of delivery, quality and all..please I like 2face davido dbanj and others but they sing crap music two face try with African queen nice song too..but my rep still goes to KSA ASA, Kuti, Yinka Ayefele, Ayuba, Kwam 1 and others in there category they sing the actual music

1 Like

Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by dvkot(m): 10:42pm On Dec 01, 2017
Virus777:
Always signing useless deals that do not add value to your pocket. Make good music first then lucrative deals will come.

Just continue deceiving yourself, we all know you're even worse than an upcoming artiste. undecided
tell that to dr-dre

1 Like

Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by adelaja70(m): 10:43pm On Dec 01, 2017
4dor:

I totally agree with you everything you've said except the Album being classic. It's crap but the good thing is Dapo has nothing to prove to anybody again. He has played his part and it's time to move to other things.
So Comment Ca Va is crap.... Sorry brother you don't know anything about music.
Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by 4dor: 10:47pm On Dec 01, 2017
adelaja70:

So Comment Ca Va is crap.... Sorry brother you don't know anything about music.

I'm curious bro, did you ever vibe to Soko by Dbanj?
Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by Melancholy(m): 10:53pm On Dec 01, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Eja kekere.
It is a big shame for a hoi polloi like you to lampoon a legend as far as music and promotion african artistes is concerned.

Taking into cognizance that this award is an unprecedented one, never it is a fortuitous success to kokomaster but well known in breaking records against all odds.

Stop disgracing yourself on a public forum with puerile comments.

Please let me ask u, had it been banj failed would he still be choosen and get connected by that same company? Spoilsport what do you even know about success? Olodo!

1 Like

Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by Macmoni(m): 10:53pm On Dec 01, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Eja kekere.
and naw sm1 will wonder y sum pple do not progress nawa oh! ur village pple dont nid to add hand in ur case
hatred and stupidity is ruining u!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by adelaja70(m): 10:57pm On Dec 01, 2017
4dor:

I'm curious bro, did you ever vibe to Soko by Dbanj?
Listen to Comment Ca Va first then come back....
Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by 4dor: 11:02pm On Dec 01, 2017
adelaja70:

Listen to Comment Ca Va first then come back....

Did you ever vibe to Mr Olopa by Dbanj?
Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by adelaja70(m): 11:08pm On Dec 01, 2017
4dor:

Did you ever vibe to Chop banana till you go yo.... By Dprince, brother to Ibo god Don J.
Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 01, 2017
yewune:

I know you won't like to hear this but D'Banj's professional exploits post-Mo'Hits rides more on charisma than musical talent. He has been more of a businessman since he broke up with the don.

D'Banj & Don Jazzy exhibited a unique synergy that neither of them has been able to replicate in collaboration with any other artist. Standing alone, Don Jazzy is a mediocre producer with his kpangolo beat, and D'Banj's musical talent is close to zero.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by dammiecool(m): 11:16pm On Dec 01, 2017
4dor:

R u saying olopa is better Dan comment sa VA?
Na wa o, funny enough dbanjs best track till date was done after Mo hit n dats top of d world cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by Krisddon: 11:36pm On Dec 01, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Eja kekere.
what have u got?
Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by Antoeni(m): 12:04am On Dec 02, 2017
Wetin Dem see for this Expired drug body

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: D'banj Signs A Deal With Dugout In London (Photos) by Antoeni(m): 12:20am On Dec 02, 2017
[quote author=NwaAmaikpe post=62895313] shocked

Eja kekere.
Keep jumping from post to post while small boys like Wizkid and Davido reign in music.[/quote am Sure very soon He will Open a Church

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Actor Jnr Pope Helps His Pregnant Wife In The Kitchen & Shares The Pic / Comedian Akpororo And His Beautiful Wife In New Pictures / Oritsefemi And Nabila Fash's Wedding Featured On MediaTakeOut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.