Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) (30287 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Visits Ooni Of Ife At His Palace In Osun State. Photos / Atiku Abubakar Visits Calabar , See The Crowd That Welcomed Him - Pictures / Goodluck Jonathan Receives Dele Momodu In His Office In Abuja (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by surgical: 9:36am On Dec 02, 2017
Bede2u:
Atiku may be a criminal, but voting out Buhari sends a message to politicians that nobody is indispencible; nobody is too powerful. Every president must work to be re-elected

South west pls, drop tribalism and vote out Buhari in 2019

#One Nigeria
#GiveMediocrePresidentsOneTerm
That is the only way this country can ever be great, until the people know that they are the architect of their fortune and misfortune through the kind of leader they elect, if we keep voting out non performers every time , the politicians will sit up and Nigeria will be better for it, it is in the hand of the youth who has clear majority to do that.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by jelel6: 9:38am On Dec 02, 2017
Beress:

Stop deceiving urself... Buhari & Atiku Will share South West vote 50/50. In the North, worst case is 60/40 in favour of Buhari

South East/South South will be the determinant of who wins the election

I if agree to your permutations, then the south east and south south don't need to worry other regions na. just wait for 2019 and vote out buhari. grin
Beress:

Stop deceiving urself... Buhari & Atiku Will share South West vote 50/50. In the North, worst case is 60/40 in favour of Buhari

South East/South South will be the determinant of who wins the election

I if agree to your permutations, then the south east and south south don't need to worry other regions na. just wait for 2019 and vote out buhari.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by PointZerom: 9:39am On Dec 02, 2017
ProWalker:

Your opinion, which you are perfectly entitled to

If you know that one is entitled to his or her opinion, why did you call Bede2u a 'hypocrite' for saying his opinion?. Hope you can now see who the hypocrite is?.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by PHILipu1(m): 9:39am On Dec 02, 2017
tuniski:

Lame! Always looking for excuses to rationalize the colossal failure called buhari. Oh it is all about oil price! Abeg who did this to you? At a time oil price is low, pump price is Highest how do you expect queue?
A govt that has increased every burden on its citizens without palliatives. No salary increase,no work,no development nothing!

Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Can you talk about Nigeria economy without mentioning Crude oil?
Are you kidding me?
That is our main source of income Mr man.

We don't have the refineries to refine the crude oil here in NigerIa because your PDP refused to build or repair any one and how do you expect it to affect the price?

Even with high price some years ago,people still sleep in filling stations to buy just some few litres even though some stations were selling even upto N400 per litre because of the too much corruption in the pass,some people were always milking us dry during this season in the past.

We wouldn't need to ship crude abroad by now for refining and still ship it back if your PDP built any good refinery during 16 good years and i hope you are not expecting Buhari to do that within 3 years with this low crude oil price.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by Reference(m): 9:44am On Dec 02, 2017
seunmsg:

Atiku is wasting his time. The south west cannot abandon Buhari/Osinbajo for Atiku/Obi, absolutely impossible.

So we should not have an election because of what the southwest or....whoever thinks is possible or not. Like him or not Atiku is not wasting his time. I personally donot vote but he has contributed a lot to the quality of democracy we have today by making every electoral contest since 2007 resembling something like competitive and compelling. He stood solidly against the 3rd term bid of Obasanjo which if it suceeded then will have become a Mugabe or Museveni 5th term by now. Yes, he is overambitious and not exactly quality qualified but who is....in this structure we operate.

But anyone who does not want a genuine contest in 2019 for the political soul of this country is too partisan and too naive to be a true democrat and nation builder. Buhari was accepted partly because he was the only one with the clout to remove an incumbent. We should have similar strong opposing candidates in all elections with the potential to change government so that we are not taken for granted. I support the betterment of the system not the individual.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by ProWalker: 9:45am On Dec 02, 2017
PointZerom:

If you know that one is entitled to his or her opinion, why did you call Bede2u a 'hypocrite' for saying his opinion?. Hope you can now see who the hypocrite is?.

Why must he call those that voted 55% to 45% as tribalists while he sees nothing wrong in those that voted 97%to 3%.
If that is not hypocrisy, then define the word for me.
Meanwhile to the mod that deleted the comment, I hope you did it with a clear conscience.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by Bede2u(m): 9:47am On Dec 02, 2017
ProWalker:

Why must he call those that voted 55% to 45% as tribalists while that voted 97%to 2% as nationalists.
Meanwhile to the mod that deleted the comment, I hope you did it with a clear conscience.
Actually I consider tribalistic Igbos who voted GEJ on tribal grounds as hypocrists too
Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by sinceraconcept(m): 9:48am On Dec 02, 2017
Bede2u:
Atiku may be a criminal, but voting out Buhari sends a message to politicians that nobody is indispencible; nobody is too powerful. Every president must work to be re-elected

South west pls, drop tribalism and vote out Buhari in 2019

#One Nigeria
#GiveMediocrePresidentsOneTerm
I'm Yoruba too my brother,pls let's vote out Buhari

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by Bede2u(m): 9:48am On Dec 02, 2017
surgical:
That is the only way this country can ever be great, until the people know that they are the architect of their fortune and misfortune through the kind of leader they elect, if we keep voting out non performers every time , the politicians will sit up and Nigeria will be better for it, it is in the hand of the youth who has clear majority to do that.
Help me trend that hash tag abeg

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by Bede2u(m): 9:49am On Dec 02, 2017
sinceraconcept:
That is the spirit brotherly

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by ProWalker: 9:50am On Dec 02, 2017
Bede2u:
Actually I consider tribalistic Igbos who voted GEJ on tribal grounds as hypocrists too

The fact is that almost of those 97% that voted him did it based on tribal and parochial sentiments.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by PointZerom: 9:50am On Dec 02, 2017
ProWalker:

Why must he call those that voted 55% to 45% as tribalists while he sees nothing wrong in those that voted 97%to 3%.

Show ME where he said that.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by Bede2u(m): 9:51am On Dec 02, 2017
ProWalker:

The fact is that almost of those 97% that voted him did it based on tribal and parochial sentiments.
some also voted cos they felt buhari would be worst
Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by ProWalker: 9:51am On Dec 02, 2017
sinceraconcept:

Voting out Buhari in favour of Atiku is nothing short of stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by sinceraconcept(m): 9:51am On Dec 02, 2017
this cap is too small for Atiku's head na,who is his tailor? I like the bangle on his arm though,it shows he's not a clueless bushman like Buhari
Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by ProWalker: 9:52am On Dec 02, 2017
Bede2u:
some also voted cos they felt buhari would be worst

The narrative was that he was going to Islamise Nigeria. Crazy narrative you will agree
Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by ProWalker: 9:52am On Dec 02, 2017
PointZerom:

Show ME where he said that.

Search through the thread and read my comment with open mind too
Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by seunmsg(m): 9:54am On Dec 02, 2017
Reference:

So we should not have an election because of what the southwest or....whoever thinks is possible or not. Like him or not Atiku is not wasting his time. I personally donot vote but he has contributed a lot to the quality of democracy we have today by making every electoral contest since 2007 resembling something like competitive and compelling. He stood solidly against the 3rd term bid of Obasanjo which if it suceeded then will have become a Mugabe or Museveni 5th term by now. Yes, he is overambitious and not exactly quality qualified but who is....in this structure we operate.

But anyone who does not want a genuine contest in 2019 for the political soul of this country is too partisan and too naive to be a true democrat and nation builder. Buhari was accepted partly because he was the only one with the clout to remove an incumbent. We should have similar strong opposing candidates in all elections with the potential to change government so that we are not taken for granted. I support the betterment of the system not the individual.

My opinion on the possibility of an Atiku presidency doesn't mean I am advocating for him not to contest. His right to legitimately aspire for the highest job in the country is a constitutional right that cannot be denied him. In fact, I am really advocating for PDP to present Atiku in 2019. That way, all doubts will be cleared once the final result is announced and Buhari wins with a landslide.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by sinceraconcept(m): 9:55am On Dec 02, 2017
ProWalker:

Voting out Buhari in favour of Atiku is nothing short of stupidity.
my brother Atiku is far from being saint but he's still better than Buhari,Buhari is totally nothing to write home about. Atiku is just the second to the last option,its not that he's the most eligible,Buhari is last option

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by Bede2u(m): 9:55am On Dec 02, 2017
ProWalker:

The narrative was that he was going to Islamise Nigeria. Crazy narrative you will agree
i know he cant. But he has not lived up to his economic, social and security promises

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by morbeta(m): 9:56am On Dec 02, 2017
AN ACCOUNT OF THE TRIALS OF ATIKU THE SON OF ABUBAKAR

1. In the seventh year that king Obasanjo reigned over the kingdom, a great trouble broke out in the land. For when his time was come nigh that he may descend from the throne that he called unto himself noble men in the land.

2. And he declared unto them saying: "Now that my days on the throne are few, allow me therefore to rule over thee for another four years".

3. And he gathered together of them that maketh laws in the Red Chamber in the city of the king, and even unto they in the Green Chamber, that they may amend the books of the law to favour him.

4. But this thing grieved Atiku the son of Abubakar who was the king's deputy. And he said unto his master, "howbeit seekest thou to rule over the people for another term? sweareth not thou by the name of thy god to set me upon the throne after thee?

5. Practice thou not this great evil against me and against the kingdom for it is written in the books of the law that a king may not reign but for two terms which equal eight years''. But these words changeth not the heart of the king.

6. And Atiku conspired with the Governors of the provinces and of the men who maketh laws in the city of the great king and they rejected king Obasanjo that he may continually reign over the kingdom.

7. And the king was wrought with grave anger and he declared according to these words to Atiku the son of Abubakar saying, "because thou hath done this great evil unto me, thou shall no longer sit upon the throne of this kingdom even unto thy death".

8. When the son of Abubakar saw that the king favoureth him not, that he departed from the camp of the king by the name PDP, and pitched his tent in the camp of the king's adversaries by the name ACN that he may contend the throne of the kingdom.

9. And it came to pass that Governor Yaradua who ruleth over the province of Katsina found favour in the sight of king Obasanjo. And when the time was come for the appointment of the king that he defeated Atiku and was appointed and anointed king over the kingdom. And king Yaradua ruleth the kingdom with the fear of God. But his days as king was full of affliction.

10. And when king Yaradua gave up the ghost that Goodluck the son of Jonathan who siteth by his side as the deputy reigned after him. But when the time was come nigh that the son of Jonathan be appointed again that Atiku departed from the camp of the king's adversaries and entered into the king's camp that he may be appointed.

11 . But the son of Jonathan defeated Atiku again for he spake according to these words unto the people, "I feel thy pains brethren for I was once like thee. I wore no sandals on the soul of my feet in the years of my youth when seeketh I knowledge, for my parents were of little means". And the people loved him and appointed him.

12. And the host of the other camps were vexed with a great vexation. For sixteen years they made battle against the king's camp and hath not prevailed against it.

13. And a certain noble man by the name Audu the son of Ogbe declared unto the leaders of the camps that contended the throne with the king's camp saying: "howbeit thinkest thou in thy heart to prevail against the king's camp if comest thou not together as one?

14. Harken to my voice this day, come let us reason together that we may enlarge our coast and verily, verily I say unto thee, the throne of the kingdom shall be delivered into our hands.

15. Of the camps that came together that day to form the APC were ACN from the west, ANPP from the North and a part of APGA from the East of the kingdom. Even the unhappy in the camp of PDP crossed over into the camp too.

16. And Atiku the son of Abubakar departed again from the king's camp by the name PDP and entered into the camp of the king's adversaries that he may contend the throne.

17. But Mohammed the son of Buhari was favoured among them that seeketh the throne from the camp of the APC for he swore unto the leaders of the camp saying, "Behold brethren, I am full of age and my eyes are becoming dim, suffer me to ascend unto the throne for I shall only reign for four years". And Buhari was anointed king over the kingdom.

18. And it troubled the son of Abubakar in his heart that he was rejected as king again. But he saith in his heart, I shall be of long suffering and remain in this camp for I shall ascend unto the throne after the fourth year of king Buhari.

19. But it came to pass that as the end of the fourth year of king Buhari's reign was at hand that the advisers in the king's court said unto him, be of good courage, gird thy loins and present thyself to be appointed again to reign over the kingdom for another four years.

20. And when Atiku heard of these words that he was vexed with anger and he repenteth that he joined the APC.

21. And he said, "I shall arise and go back to PDP which is the camp of my youth. And I shall declare unto them, “I have sinned against thee and against God. Accept me this day that I may once again contend the throne in thy bosom”.

22. And on the twenty fourth day of the eleventh month of the year before a new king is appointed that Atiku the son of Abubakar departed from the camp of APC and joined the camp of his youth.

23. And there was great jubilation in the camp of PDP that day for they said, “Verily, the prodigal son returneth h[truncated by WhatsApp]

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by Beress(m): 9:56am On Dec 02, 2017
PHILipu1:

Gej was president for 6 years.
We can term this current administration failure after 6 years if we compare both 6 years.

There are many days between 2 years and 6 years and also know that to build takes more time than to destroy.
PDP and Jonathan were there to destroy Nigeria why Buhari is here to rebuild from scratch.
It will take time.
God bless you! Surely u agree with me that the Buhari of today is a FAILURE
Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by Sammiejokes(m): 9:57am On Dec 02, 2017
As an Afonja, have not met any fellow Yoruba rooting for Atiku. I was chatting with à friend yesterday and hé was mocking Atiku. Atiku is not loved at all in SW. Seriously PDP needs à crédible candidate.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by Reference(m): 9:57am On Dec 02, 2017
surgical:

The reality is clear. Until we restructure we cannot have quality candidates and the sour apple pies we have been served continuously since independence is because the apples are bad.

Having said that we need to make the best of what we have and the second best way is to develop institutions, systems and processes for long term sustainability of this country. Nigeria as an entity is dying but we can prolong its survival by supporting its existing structures. Building institutions, evolving the right perspectives. Like you said, the youth should know one important thing, that is politicians are expendible and not the tin gods they apear to be. They are public setvants so should be used and dumped when they outlive their usefulness. Politicians occupy the lowest rungs of respectability in most progressive societies. But in Nigeria they idolised like rock stars but who give scant pleasure and almost all pain, why.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by SoNature(m): 10:02am On Dec 02, 2017
emeijeh:
Atiku is just trying to be relevant.

He will make the worst president.

Nigerians shine your eyes

At the folded, how do you know that? Are you a soothsayer? How do you explain that a man who has successfully run multi-billion naira investments will make a bad leader.

And may I ask: 'What investments can Buhari boast of?'

For your information, you manage a country as a company. If you can't run a company, you can't run a country. Alternatively, you may engage technocrats - something that Buhari has failed to do, leading to his being a monumental failure.

Atiku may not be the best, but anyone who can provide infrastructure and stimulate our economy to create jobs is my best president.

Yes, you may say that Atiku is corrupt but he hasn't even been convicted yet.

That said, in 2019, it will be anyone but Buhari for me. Let's stop giving mediocre presidents like Buhari and Jonathan second terms

Ciao!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 02, 2017
seunmsg:

Atiku is wasting his time. The south west cannot abandon Buhari/Osinbajo for Atiku/Obi, absolutely impossible.

The South-West may be sentimental and not abandon Buhari because of Osinbajo but with Atiku in the mix,2019 will be different from 2015. Buhari has the North-West naturally,Atiku has the North-East,both will fight for the votes of the North-Central. Atiku picking Obi and running under the PDP gives him the South-East and the South-South. South-West cannot swing it this time nor can it save Buhari.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by IBBG(m): 10:14am On Dec 02, 2017
Atiku/Ekweremadu
Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by ProWalker: 10:17am On Dec 02, 2017
sinceraconcept:
my brother Atiku is far from being saint but he's still better than Buhari,Buhari is totally nothing to write home about. Atiku is just the second to the last option,its not that he's the most eligible,Buhari is last option

Your opinion.

As far as I’m concerned, considering all aggregates, Buhari has done averagely ok with the economy though he started rather very poorly on that count. I will still vote for him if the contest is between him and Atiku
Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by Reference(m): 10:18am On Dec 02, 2017
seunmsg:

My opinion on the possibility of an Atiku presidency doesn't mean I am advocating for him not to contest. His right to legitimately aspire for the highest job in the country is a constitutional right that cannot be denied him. In fact, I am really advocating for PDP to present Atiku in 2019. That way, all doubts will be cleared once the final result is announced and Buhari wins with a landslide.

Buhari wins with a landslide and then what.... that is the problem. There is nothing people see beyond that. You rather have an election without any tangible benefits, without account, without credible plans and purposes. In this day and age it is not good enough for a growing country that needs almost everthing to survive. It is like marrying a wife for...nothing, just picking a name out of the phone book. Have you considered what other candidates have to offer, what they can do differently. What you folks fail to understand is that advancement throuh democracy does not come by the quality of individuals but the accountability of the process.

What are you holding the present government to. Have they fulfilled their promises, have they kept their manifesto. If you can't be empirical or analytical with this then how are you a credible citizen as well. How do you prove you act beyond sentiments. Elections are like examininations which come up at specific periods during the school calendar. No matter how brilliant a student is in class, he or she needs to be proven. No school will waive an examination on the recommendation of a teacher. Elections are also like sporting contests, most come up every year. Chelsea was champions last season but they have to defend their crown again. At the moment it is clear by the table they are not the best team this time around.

How are you sure Buhari will be the best candidate come 2019. By inference, left to you Chelsea should hold the league title for the next four years, no contest. How then can the game grow. Why will players and coaches and clubs want to improve if there are no contests repeatedly. How can the fans, the electorate benefit from a system that stigmatises contests and other contestants....nuff said. Nigerians must be realsitic and cast aside sentiment. Yes, Buhari maybe the best thing in 2015, but not to aspire for something better or at least try to improve the system by the threat to shake them up is not patriotic.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by IBBG(m): 10:19am On Dec 02, 2017
when people say buhari is just 2 years in office, my question is, what of the 2 years he ruled as military president. so if you add it to the four years he has, that is 6 years. And should i say 6 years of monumental failure as president.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by onlyAtikucan: 10:19am On Dec 02, 2017
StainlessH:
I still dey look atiku for one eye.

I beg open the two eyes, he is the most qualified in terms of politics, detribalized, and industrious
Re: Atiku Abubakar Visits Dele Momodu In Lagos (Photos) by FRANKOSKI(m): 10:23am On Dec 02, 2017
GOD BLESS AND HELP ATIKU.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH / What Atiku Said In 2014 Before Joining APC / Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.