Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,722 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish (40439 Views)

2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency / Obasanjo, Atiku, Gowon, Saraki, Dogara, Abdulsalami At Jonathan’s Book Launch / 'My Transition Hours': Jonathan Invites Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku To Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by Ugosample(m): 2:34pm On Dec 02, 2017
It baffles me how people who claim to be reasonable are supporting an Atiku presidency

Atiku undecided

7 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by Kiakia(m): 2:35pm On Dec 02, 2017
edoman2016:
There is something we don't know about Atiku that Obasanjo know about him. If Obasanjo can not trust Atiku as his ex-vice president and still see him as a very corrupt man, then I think Nigerian youth should stick to Obasanjo's wisdom.

Take it or leave it, Obasanjo at his old age meant well for Nigeria .
And Obasanjo is not corrupt, if not even more corrupt than Atiku! You must be joking.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by uyplus(m): 2:36pm On Dec 02, 2017
orion7:
keep dreaming.

many years ago some people said that about buhari
quit recently Donald trump

if atiku runs the south east and south/south will vote for him enmass

don't think the north won't vote for him. he has his fingers deep in thier ass
they will vote for him. buhari is too rigid he is not a politician

the south west can decide to vot for buhari again who cares. but atiku will get upto 40% from there too.

fact

Which south south and which south east? The south don't need a Hausa man in the helm of affairs ok! Even if Jesus wears agbada or kaftan and come down to beg me, I won't vote for him! Northerners are so divisive and ethnoreligious!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by rinzaugustine: 2:41pm On Dec 02, 2017
seunmsg:
It is not even all about Obasanjo, so many political and business elites cannot stomach an Atiku presidency. In fact, the business elites in Nigeria are more concerned about Atiku becoming the president than the political elites and hence, will do all they can to stop him.

Atiku showed his greed and insatiable appetite to corruptly enrich himself when he used his position as chairman of National privatisation council to buy up almost every agency that was up for privatisation to the consternation of the business elites. Since then, they knew a character like Atiku cannot be trusted with the almost absolute powers that come with being president. Atiku will never be president of Nigeria and that's fact!
Funny,so you are going to stop him?
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by Kiakia(m): 2:41pm On Dec 02, 2017
Ballmer:
Your Atiku as been calling his bluff right from the time he was the VP. Even if Amadioha join you in calling Obasanjo's bluff Atiku will still not be the president, you can take that to the bank.
And if becomes President nko? Abeg!
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by ipobarecriminals: 2:43pm On Dec 02, 2017
No to another baba 74 yrs old.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by discusant: 2:46pm On Dec 02, 2017
dre11:

[b]OBJ vows never to support ex-VP

Atiku shuns Ethiopia meeting

I made my money early –Atiku

He must beg to achieve aim –Group

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2017/12/2019-obasanjo-atiku-fight-finish/

OBJ, don't allow Atiku become president of Nigeria. We beg you in the name of God.

Nigeria needs a break from these old soldiers after Buhari 2019 or 2023.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by discusant: 2:57pm On Dec 02, 2017
orion7:
keep dreaming.

many years ago some people said that about buhari
quit recently Donald trump

if atiku runs the south east and south/south will vote for him enmass

don't think the north won't vote for him. he has his fingers deep in thier ass
they will vote for him. buhari is too rigid he is not a politician

the south west can decide to vot for buhari again who cares. but atiku will get upto 40% from there too.

fact

You are proposing for this country to be further dragged down the drain, like you must have campaigned for Buhari in 2015.

At this juncture, Nigeria needs a well educated, less corrupt technocrat - an Obama, a Cameron - to run Nigeria out from the deep hole it is;

not a business-as-usual personality like Atiku.

The idea of inept and corrupt Buhari handing over Nigeria to a more corrupt and barely educated Atiku is sickening.

Atiku's promise of political restructuring is falsehood.

He knows that he can't get the support of north to preside over political restructuring.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 3:02pm On Dec 02, 2017
ray48:
Obasanjo will not determine for Nigerians whom they will vote for. It's also clear dat Atiku opposed Obasanjo's third term project and helped in scuttling it. Atiku might not be the Messiah Nigerians want but also definitely not this Administration. In fact, the under performance of this Administration might even push more support to Atiku if he becomes a Presidential candidate.

I had to scroll all the way here to find this.
A major factor in this impasse is that Atiku truncated OBJ's plan to pull a Mugabe on us. The old man from Ota is shameless.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 3:04pm On Dec 02, 2017
Ugosample:
It baffles me how people who claim to be reasonable are supporting an Atiku presidency

Atiku undecided

Do you see anyone else in the running that can remove Jubrin ?
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by discusant: 3:08pm On Dec 02, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

I had to scroll all the way here to find this.
A major factor in this impasse is that Atiku truncated OBJ's plan to pull a Mugabe on us. The old man from Ota is shameless.

Atiku rather stirred impeachment for OBJ, but later watered it down.
That's when both started to go their ways.

Nigerians through the NASS truncated OBJ's Third Term bid, not Atiku who had no powers to do that. Because Atiku had before then become politically ostracized by OBJ.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by nep2ra(m): 3:11pm On Dec 02, 2017
It takes only one gay man to come out and say Atiku raped him.

End of Political Ambition.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by GGirll: 3:19pm On Dec 02, 2017
I cannot stand these old men ruling us again no matter d name n parties they belong to all these ANSCESTORS should please allow d youths like Donald duke, Ben Bruce, Ambode ,Peter obi that have visions n vitality to rule we don't want buharish n mugabish ANSCESTORS again n for OBY he is not God n if I'm Atiku I will never beg him.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by Bimpe29: 3:40pm On Dec 02, 2017
All for God. It's He who gives power and sovereignty to whom He will.
The political gladiators only proposes, God ultimately disposes.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by waveman2: 3:44pm On Dec 02, 2017
But according to you all the people he has helped to get into power are termed corrupt. So if he is oppossing this one I think Nigerians should support him cos atiku might just be d messiah.

edoman2016:
There is something we don't know about Atiku that Obasanjo know about him. If Obasanjo can not trust Atiku as his ex-vice president and still see him as a very corrupt man, then I think Nigerian youth should stick to Obasanjo's wisdom.

Take it or leave it, Obasanjo at his old age meant well for Nigeria .
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 02, 2017
OBJ should be careful. He shouldn't let the hype pollute his senses. He is human after all,he bleeds,he dies. He is not God.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by dotedote: 3:59pm On Dec 02, 2017
[i].......is getting unbearable.........
for who ?
You ?
You Is Funny.

Kulas:
So Obj is now God that gives Power or what?.This Obj hatred and hardened heart over Atiku is getting unbearable,part of it being that Atiku opposed Obj third term agenda which we all were happy over the step.Atiku should ignore [/i]Obj and ride on.Its God that giveth power and any stumbling block on Atiku way to success being placed by Obj..,Holy Ghost fireeeee!!!!.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by DeRay98(m): 4:01pm On Dec 02, 2017
seunmsg:
It is not even all about Obasanjo, so many political and business elites cannot stomach an Atiku presidency. In fact, the business elites in Nigeria are more concerned about Atiku becoming the president than the political elites and hence, will do all they can to stop him.

Atiku showed his greed and insatiable appetite to corruptly enrich himself when he used his position as chairman of National privatisation council to buy up almost every agency that was up for privatisation to the consternation of the business elites. Since then, they knew a character like Atiku cannot be trusted with the almost absolute powers that come with being president. Atiku will never be president of Nigeria and that's fact!

This is koko of the whole matter. All other reasons people give are nothing much.
My brother you know what millions don't or can't only after 10yrs.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by Ten06(m): 4:10pm On Dec 02, 2017
Let Atiku bring out his money we will collect it but presidency he won't see.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by HegenIkomkeh(m): 4:14pm On Dec 02, 2017
morbeta:
AN ACCOUNT OF THE TRIALS OF ATIKU THE SON OF ABUBAKAR

1. In the seventh year that king Obasanjo reigned over the kingdom, a great trouble broke out in the land. For when his time was come nigh that he may descend from the throne that he called unto himself noble men in the land.

2. And he declared unto them saying: "Now that my days on the throne are few, allow me therefore to rule over thee for another four years".

3. And he gathered together of them that maketh laws in the Red Chamber in the city of the king, and even unto they in the Green Chamber, that they may amend the books of the law to favour him.

4. But this thing grieved Atiku the son of Abubakar who was the king's deputy. And he said unto his master, "howbeit seekest thou to rule over the people for another term? sweareth not thou by the name of thy god to set me upon the throne after thee?

5. Practice thou not this great evil against me and against the kingdom for it is written in the books of the law that a king may not reign but for two terms which equal eight years''. But these words changeth not the heart of the king.

6. And Atiku conspired with the Governors of the provinces and of the men who maketh laws in the city of the great king and they rejected king Obasanjo that he may continually reign over the kingdom.

7. And the king was wrought with grave anger and he declared according to these words to Atiku the son of Abubakar saying, "because thou hath done this great evil unto me, thou shall no longer sit upon the throne of this kingdom even unto thy death".

8. When the son of Abubakar saw that the king favoureth him not, that he departed from the camp of the king by the name PDP, and pitched his tent in the camp of the king's adversaries by the name ACN that he may contend the throne of the kingdom.

9. And it came to pass that Governor Yaradua who ruleth over the province of Katsina found favour in the sight of king Obasanjo. And when the time was come for the appointment of the king that he defeated Atiku and was appointed and anointed king over the kingdom. And king Yaradua ruleth the kingdom with the fear of God. But his days as king was full of affliction.

10. And when king Yaradua gave up the ghost that Goodluck the son of Jonathan who siteth by his side as the deputy reigned after him. But when the time was come nigh that the son of Jonathan be appointed again that Atiku departed from the camp of the king's adversaries and entered into the king's camp that he may be appointed.

11 . But the son of Jonathan defeated Atiku again for he spake according to these words unto the people, "I feel thy pains brethren for I was once like thee. I wore no sandals on the soul of my feet in the years of my youth when seeketh I knowledge, for my parents were of little means". And the people loved him and appointed him.

12. And the host of the other camps were vexed with a great vexation. For sixteen years they made battle against the king's camp and hath not prevailed against it.

13. And a certain noble man by the name Audu the son of Ogbe declared unto the leaders of the camps that contended the throne with the king's camp saying: "howbeit thinkest thou in thy heart to prevail against the king's camp if comest thou not together as one?

14. Harken to my voice this day, come let us reason together that we may enlarge our coast and verily, verily I say unto thee, the throne of the kingdom shall be delivered into our hands.

15. Of the camps that came together that day to form the APC were ACN from the west, ANPP from the North and a part of APGA from the East of the kingdom. Even the unhappy in the camp of PDP crossed over into the camp too.

16. And Atiku the son of Abubakar departed again from the king's camp by the name PDP and entered into the camp of the king's adversaries that he may contend the throne.

17. But Mohammed the son of Buhari was favoured among them that seeketh the throne from the camp of the APC for he swore unto the leaders of the camp saying, "Behold brethren, I am full of age and my eyes are becoming dim, suffer me to ascend unto the throne for I shall only reign for four years". And Buhari was anointed king over the kingdom.

18. And it troubled the son of Abubakar in his heart that he was rejected as king again. But he saith in his heart, I shall be of long suffering and remain in this camp for I shall ascend unto the throne after the fourth year of king Buhari.

19. But it came to pass that as the end of the fourth year of king Buhari's reign was at hand that the advisers in the king's court said unto him, be of good courage, gird thy loins and present thyself to be appointed again to reign over the kingdom for another four years.

20. And when Atiku heard of these words that he was vexed with anger and he repenteth that he joined the APC.

21. And he said, "I shall arise and go back to PDP which is the camp of my youth. And I shall declare unto them, “I have sinned against thee and against God. Accept me this day that I may once again contend the throne in thy bosom”.

22. And on the twenty fourth day of the eleventh month of the year before a new king is appointed that Atiku the son of Abubakar departed from the camp of APC and joined the camp of his youth.

23. And there was great jubilation in the camp of PDP that day for they said, “Verily, the prodigal son returneth.
Mr Morbeta,Indeed thou deserves a Nobel literature prize!

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by femu(m): 4:17pm On Dec 02, 2017
seunmsg:

can you mention the agencies atiku acquired or his fronts?
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by zoedew: 4:19pm On Dec 02, 2017
A man trained and paid at public expense to watch what was being transported in and out of Nigeria who gets involved in private transportation business on the same route opens himself up to conflict of interests in the discharge of his duties. Such conduct is not only contrary to the General Orders of the Public Service which forbids a public servant from involvement in profit-oriented endeavors other than agriculture it is also unpatriotic, fraudulent, deceitful and most dishonest. Is that what he commends to the youth as “entrepreneurship”? By his own admission Atiku has been busy at dishonest conduct as a public official since 1971 and sees nothing unethical and unlawful about that! He validates the position of folks who tar him as corruption articulated!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by confiritch(m): 4:20pm On Dec 02, 2017
I think Obasanjo's camp are deceiving themselves by saying, "the reason why Obj brought Atiku in 1999 was to pave way for him to succeed Obj in 2007". The third term agenda will suffice.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by edoman2016: 4:20pm On Dec 02, 2017
waveman2:

But according to you all the people he has helped to get into power are termed corrupt. So if he is oppossing this one I think Nigerians should support him cos atiku might just be d messiah.

In your church mind, you know Atiku is not a messiah. Loyalty and Integrity define a man. And Atiku is lacking in it.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 02, 2017
HegenIkomkeh:
Mr Morbeta,Indeed thou deserves a Nobel literature prize!
I disagree. He plagiarized Pius Adesanmi

1 Like

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by edoman2016: 4:32pm On Dec 02, 2017
Kiakia:
And Obasanjo is not corrupt, if not even more corrupt than Atiku! You must be joking.
And you think the personality of Atiku is better than Buhari. One thing anyone can not dispute about Buhari is his Integrity. Loyalty and Integrity define a man. And Atiku lack it. It is the reason Buhari defeated him in APC presidential primary election.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by akanbiaa(m): 4:40pm On Dec 02, 2017
ejibaba:
Interesting but baba should forgive him and allow him try his luck with Nigerians.
Obasanjo hardly forgives so those a typical Fulani man, Atiku will deal with obasanjo if he gets power directly or indirectly and Obasanjo candidate will also frustrate Atiku likewise so they are just parallel to each other in ideologies and politicking.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by baysol: 4:52pm On Dec 02, 2017
[quote author=LasGidiOwner post=62905617]#ATIKU is our next president. It is done and dusted already.[/quote
]
Aren'you and people who think like fools? It was sai buhari a while ago, and now what was the result? When will Nigerians start thinking with their brain?
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by baysol: 4:52pm On Dec 02, 2017
[quote author=LasGidiOwner post=62905617]#ATIKU is our next president. It is done and dusted already.[/quote
]
Aren'you and people who think like fools? It was sai buhari a while ago, and now what was the result? When will Nigerians start thinking with their brain? Atiku has nothing to offer.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by tishbite41(m): 5:27pm On Dec 02, 2017
morbeta:
AN ACCOUNT OF THE TRIALS OF ATIKU THE SON OF ABUBAKAR

1. In the seventh year that king Obasanjo reigned over the kingdom, a great trouble broke out in the land. For when his time was come nigh that he may descend from the throne that he called unto himself noble men in the land.

2. And he declared unto them saying: "Now that my days on the throne are few, allow me therefore to rule over thee for another four years".

3. And he gathered together of them that maketh laws in the Red Chamber in the city of the king, and even unto they in the Green Chamber, that they may amend the books of the law to favour him.

4. But this thing grieved Atiku the son of Abubakar who was the king's deputy. And he said unto his master, "howbeit seekest thou to rule over the people for another term? sweareth not thou by the name of thy god to set me upon the throne after thee?

5. Practice thou not this great evil against me and against the kingdom for it is written in the books of the law that a king may not reign but for two terms which equal eight years''. But these words changeth not the heart of the king.

6. And Atiku conspired with the Governors of the provinces and of the men who maketh laws in the city of the great king and they rejected king Obasanjo that he may continually reign over the kingdom.

7. And the king was wrought with grave anger and he declared according to these words to Atiku the son of Abubakar saying, "because thou hath done this great evil unto me, thou shall no longer sit upon the throne of this kingdom even unto thy death".

8. When the son of Abubakar saw that the king favoureth him not, that he departed from the camp of the king by the name PDP, and pitched his tent in the camp of the king's adversaries by the name ACN that he may contend the throne of the kingdom.

9. And it came to pass that Governor Yaradua who ruleth over the province of Katsina found favour in the sight of king Obasanjo. And when the time was come for the appointment of the king that he defeated Atiku and was appointed and anointed king over the kingdom. And king Yaradua ruleth the kingdom with the fear of God. But his days as king was full of affliction.

10. And when king Yaradua gave up the ghost that Goodluck the son of Jonathan who siteth by his side as the deputy reigned after him. But when the time was come nigh that the son of Jonathan be appointed again that Atiku departed from the camp of the king's adversaries and entered into the king's camp that he may be appointed.

11 . But the son of Jonathan defeated Atiku again for he spake according to these words unto the people, "I feel thy pains brethren for I was once like thee. I wore no sandals on the soul of my feet in the years of my youth when seeketh I knowledge, for my parents were of little means". And the people loved him and appointed him.

12. And the host of the other camps were vexed with a great vexation. For sixteen years they made battle against the king's camp and hath not prevailed against it.

13. And a certain noble man by the name Audu the son of Ogbe declared unto the leaders of the camps that contended the throne with the king's camp saying: "howbeit thinkest thou in thy heart to prevail against the king's camp if comest thou not together as one?

14. Harken to my voice this day, come let us reason together that we may enlarge our coast and verily, verily I say unto thee, the throne of the kingdom shall be delivered into our hands.

15. Of the camps that came together that day to form the APC were ACN from the west, ANPP from the North and a part of APGA from the East of the kingdom. Even the unhappy in the camp of PDP crossed over into the camp too.

16. And Atiku the son of Abubakar departed again from the king's camp by the name PDP and entered into the camp of the king's adversaries that he may contend the throne.

17. But Mohammed the son of Buhari was favoured among them that seeketh the throne from the camp of the APC for he swore unto the leaders of the camp saying, "Behold brethren, I am full of age and my eyes are becoming dim, suffer me to ascend unto the throne for I shall only reign for four years". And Buhari was anointed king over the kingdom.

18. And it troubled the son of Abubakar in his heart that he was rejected as king again. But he saith in his heart, I shall be of long suffering and remain in this camp for I shall ascend unto the throne after the fourth year of king Buhari.

19. But it came to pass that as the end of the fourth year of king Buhari's reign was at hand that the advisers in the king's court said unto him, be of good courage, gird thy loins and present thyself to be appointed again to reign over the kingdom for another four years.

20. And when Atiku heard of these words that he was vexed with anger and he repenteth that he joined the APC.

21. And he said, "I shall arise and go back to PDP which is the camp of my youth. And I shall declare unto them, “I have sinned against thee and against God. Accept me this day that I may once again contend the throne in thy bosom”.

22. And on the twenty fourth day of the eleventh month of the year before a new king is appointed that Atiku the son of Abubakar departed from the camp of APC and joined the camp of his youth.

23. And there was great jubilation in the camp of PDP that day for they said, “Verily, the prodigal son returneth.
lol, the original King James himself go flog u koboko for this desecration of the scriptures. I really dey enjoy am.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by thedondada(m): 5:36pm On Dec 02, 2017
chakula:
ATIKU MEETING WITH OBASANJO ...

Obasanjo springs up from a seat in his expansive sitting room as soon as Atiku is ushered in. He smiles briefly and offers a handshake. Atiku throws himself at him for a hug.

“Please, sit down. Good to see you again. I’m sorry I couldn’t give an earlier appointment. I’ve been travelling. The problem in Zimbabwe, Kenya and so many others. Anyway, what brings you this time?”
“Baba, I thank you for your time, for receiving me despite your tight schedule. I won’t take much of your precious time sir. I bring peace. You’re our leader; our pillar. We do not think it will be wise to take any important step without informing you and carrying you along. In this country today, nobody can say you don’t count. You are not just an ordinary person; you’re an elder statesman. And…”

Obasanjo cuts in, raising his right hand. “Please, go into the specific. What exactly do you want? That long introduction seems to be confusing. Straight to the point.”

“Baba, I’m running and I wish to get your blessing.”

Smiling, Obasanjo looks straight at Atiku, his visage betraying some incredulity. “You ’re running? Where to? Why? Is anybody pursuing you?”
“No Baba. I’m planning to contest the presidency on the platform of our great party, the PDP. And I am honoured and privileged to be telling you this so that I can receive your blessing. Former President Jonathan and many other eminent Nigerians have advised me to visit you and settle whatever differences we may have. This is my mission sir.”

“Hee he. Jonathan asked you to come here? Am I in their party? Please, I’m a statesman. I announced it that I’m no longer a politician. When I resigned from PDP or whatever they call themselves, I didn’t do corner corner o. I tore their card. So, if that boy, em…eeem…eeeem… Jona, is telling you to come and you’re coming here, is he sincere? I remain a farmer and a statesman. One million Atikus can’t change that whether they are running or walking or flying. I’m sorry, Mr Atiku.”

“You seem to be getting it all wrong sir. I’m not asking you to come out of retirement and campaign for me. No. I’m only informing you and asking you to bless me so that I can succeed.”
“Again, I’m not a politician. Are you listening? I’m too honest and frank to remain in that circle – of lies, backstabbing, intrigues and corruption. Deceit. No. I’m done. My politics now is Nigeria. Anybody who says Nigeria will not rise and move forward, I am ready to go konkobilo with that person. So, oga, that is my position.”

“Baba, I salute your sincerity – and courage. You are not the type who will deceive anybody to score cheap political points. You’re blunt. There are many of us in the race. That is why I crave your endorsement. You must have an opinion on this important matter.”

“Yes. I have heard that some of you are warming up. I’m not the type that fears. I have my opinion on each and everyone of you. The other boy (wetin be im name now o?). Obasanjo scratches it aggressively. He looks up and continues.

“Makarfi. Yes; I hear he too wants to contest. I know he used to be governor of Kaduna. He was a senator. And now chairman of what they call Caretaker Committee. Hmmm…

“Sule Lamido is my boy, but dem say he get baggage. And you know Buhari is a soldier. He will simply ambush him and that will be the end of the matter.

“Buhari sef. I said so that he will not steal. He will fight corruption and jail all the thieves making noise and gallivanting all over the place. But Buhari may not do well in the economy. I said so. No be so?”

“Baba, I thank you for your insight. The words of our elders… . Do I take it that I have your blessing to pick the PDP ticket for 2019?”

Hmm…hmmmm…hmm (Obasanjo clears his thrioat). “PDP my foot. I don’t care who gets the PDP ticket. Dat one na dem toro. I’m not a member and I don’t plan to be one. Let them sell it or give it or dash it to whoever they like. Me o, Olusegun Aremu Okikiola Obasanjo, I don’t care. A statesman I will remain. I thank you for visiting.”
A crowd of reporters and photographers have set up a camp outside the door. As Obasanjo and his guest emerge from the main house, they spring up onto their feet and rushed towards them.

“Baba, good afternoon. How are you sir?”

Obasanjo, smiling without showing his teeth:”I dey kampe, as you can see.”
“How did the meeting go?”

“Which meeting? No meeting o. You know Christmas will soon be here. The former VP came to wish me merry Christmas. Is anything wrong with that? And I wish you all Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year.”

After a handshake with Obasanjo, Atiku walks briskly towards his car, adjusting his agbada. The reporters rush to catch up with him.

“Sir, how did it go? Is it true you came to tell Baba to support your ambition? Did he promise to back you?”
“Baba has spoken and that is all. I have no comments – for now. Have a nice day, my friends.”
An aide opens the door. Atiku jumps in and the car rolls out of the large compound.

Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you.

I seaer this is exactly what obj would do to atiku. Embarasse the man and atiku knows it. Hence his apparent arrogance concerning the matter. If I were him I also won't go and beg the man who swore I would never be president. I would rather swim against the tides.

That being said I pray he spends a lot of money to contest and lose it all.

Ole
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by Tecno66: 5:39pm On Dec 02, 2017
Who is clean among them? Trust a Nigerian politician at your own peril. Is it PMB that says Abacha did not steal Nigeria's money because he made him chairman of PTF? Moreover, absolute power belongs to God not mere men boasting about who will or will not be president when no one can boast that he will be alive to see 2019. We are not better than those dying daily. We live at the mercy of God. So let God decide the next president of Nigeria. Just my opinion, pease.
seunmsg:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Vs Atiku: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Secondus, Others Arrive Tribunal (Photo) / Reactions Over Rats In President Buhari's Office / Pension Alert: Ex-biafra Police Officers Go Wild In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.