Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,564 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish (40437 Views)

2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency / Obasanjo, Atiku, Gowon, Saraki, Dogara, Abdulsalami At Jonathan’s Book Launch / 'My Transition Hours': Jonathan Invites Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku To Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by Oponel1962: 5:54pm On Dec 02, 2017
They're fighting for nothing.Non will leave this country in the hands of looters again.Any man fighting for a position has a hidden agenda and can never perform. We will try a man that has never be in the corridor of power and ayoung one for that matter.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by adetes: 5:56pm On Dec 02, 2017
Let's wait till next election, seasonal film
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by blessedjommy: 6:55pm On Dec 02, 2017
If Atiku like let him listen to Jonathan the man who has first hands experience. when Jonathan said you can't do it and succeed without the support of OBJ he knew what he's saying. meanwhile its a matter of choice let him try it and see the out come

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by shekauvsbuhari: 7:19pm On Dec 02, 2017
If truely a geat grand rogue like obasanjo is nigeria's king maker, then there is no hope. Gej is also a stupid asshole nonentity for saying obasanjo must be in it as their boss of the bosses. Nigeria is like beyond redemption. See the type of demons running our country for us.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by omohayek: 8:01pm On Dec 02, 2017
zoedew:
A man trained and paid at public expense to watch what was being transported in and out of Nigeria who gets involved in private transportation business on the same route opens himself up to conflict of interests in the discharge of his duties. Such conduct is not only contrary to the General Orders of the Public Service which forbids a public servant from involvement in profit-oriented endeavors other than agriculture it is also unpatriotic, fraudulent, deceitful and most dishonest. Is that what he commends to the youth as “entrepreneurship”? By his own admission Atiku has been busy at dishonest conduct as a public official since 1971 and sees nothing unethical and unlawful about that! He validates the position of folks who tar him as corruption articulated!
Beautifully put! It says something about how accustomed Nigerians have become to such corrupt practices that few see anything shameful in Atiku's admission of his decades of self-dealing. Politicians have been toppled from office for far less in places like the UK or the USA, but in Nigeria such crookedness is seen as evidence of Atiku's "integrity" and "acumen".

1 Like

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by mamaafrik(m): 8:02pm On Dec 02, 2017
Ngokafor:

So what if your baba did not endorse him?...is Obj the god you worship now or what?
my baba,God??,try harder nextime bro.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by Milestones: 8:43pm On Dec 02, 2017
ATIKU SHOULD FORGET HOW HE STARTED BUSINESS, OBJ IS NOT GOD, BUT GOD USES PEOPLE TO BRING HIS WILL TO PAST. BY THE TIME BABA OBJ START TO TALK, ATIKU BECOME SPOILER FOR PDP. HE HAS MONEY TO WASTE, OYA NOW!!!!
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 02, 2017
akanbiaa:
Obasanjo hardly forgives so those a typical Fulani man, Atiku will deal with obasanjo if he gets power directly or indirectly and Obasanjo candidate will also frustrate Atiku likewise so they are just parallel to each other in ideologies and politicking.

I agree with you jareee...make all this old men just die make we see Road for this country.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by zoedew: 9:09pm On Dec 02, 2017
omohayek:

Beautifully put! It says something about how accustomed Nigerians have become to such corrupt practices that few see anything shameful in Atiku's admission of his decades of self-dealing. Politicians have been toppled from office for far less in places like the UK or the USA, but in Nigeria such crookedness is seen as evidence of Atiku's "integrity" and "acumen".

Certainly so. It is a sad commentary on our societal values!
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by Oladeeone: 10:46pm On Dec 02, 2017
If not for obj where will u get a phone to type this? Chill joor
AngelicBeing:
Atiku, Obasanjo, Buhari, Babangida, Abdusalami, Jonathan, Shonekan, Abacha, Shagari and Buhari all contributed to the sufferings, misery and hardship in Nigeria, l don't trust in any of them, none of these satanic politicians are worth less than 20 billion naira each, how did they ammas so much wealth as public officers, they should all be flogged with koboko laden with chilly pepper, arrested, shot on their forehead and dumped in the sea to be eaten by sharks, as long as the masses are suffering and dying daily, l don't trust any of these satanic, occultic, vampires politicians, where is my cane to flog these useless thieves out of Nigeria angry
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by bluecircle470: 1:15am On Dec 03, 2017
Robisky001:
Who's OBJ?

He his who he's said to be!
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by davbaba: 4:03am On Dec 03, 2017
So Obj is now God that gives Power or what?.This Obj hatred and hardened heart over Atiku is getting unbearable,part of it being that Atiku opposed Obj third term agenda which we all were happy over the step.Atiku should ignore Obj and ride on.Its God that giveth power and any stumbling block on Atiku way to success being placed by Obj..,Atiku is our next president obj is nobody who Care's
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by Nationalman: 4:19am On Dec 03, 2017
orion7:
keep dreaming.

many years ago some people said that about buhari
quit recently Donald trump

if atiku runs the south east and south/south will vote for him enmass

don't think the north won't vote for him. he has his fingers deep in thier ass
they will vote for him. buhari is too rigid he is not a politician

the south west can decide to vot for buhari again who cares. but atiku will get upto 40% from there too.

fact
you are wrong.your mere suggestion that the ss and se with vote for him is the main issue with the north.They now feel Atiku can not be trusted .they feel he is a sell out.They are already ganging up against him.his artificial stance on restructuring made them even angrier with him.Cant you read the the simple meaning of Bindowo's clarification to Buhari.Atiku is a done deal.Even is own state governor and protegee is even afraid of associating with him.The north have their own political thought process which Atiku has shut him self out from
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by carbony4red(m): 7:13am On Dec 03, 2017
ATIKU MEETS OBASANJO

Obasanjo springs up from a seat in his expansive sitting room as soon as Atiku is ushered in. He smiles briefly and offers a handshake. Atiku throws himself at him for a hug.

“Please, sit down. Good to see you again. I’m sorry I couldn’t give an earlier appointment. I’ve been travelling. The problem in Zimbabwe, Kenya and so many others. Anyway, what brings you this time?”
“Baba, I thank you for your time, for receiving me despite your tight schedule. I won’t take much of your precious time sir. I bring peace. You’re our leader; our pillar. We do not think it will be wise to take any important step without informing you and carrying you along. In this country today, nobody can say you don’t count. You are not just an ordinary person; you’re an elder statesman. And…”

Obasanjo cuts in, raising his right hand. “Please, go into the specific. What exactly do you want? That long introduction seems to be confusing. Straight to the point.”

“Baba, I’m running and I wish to get your blessing.”

Smiling, Obasanjo looks straight at Atiku, his visage betraying some incredulity. “You ’re running? Where to? Why? Is anybody pursuing you?”
“No Baba. I’m planning to contest the presidency on the platform of our great party, the PDP. And I am honoured and privileged to be telling you this so that I can receive your blessing. Former President Jonathan and many other eminent Nigerians have advised me to visit you and settle whatever differences we may have. This is my mission sir.”

“Hee he. Jonathan asked you to come here? Am I in their party? Please, I’m a statesman. I announced it that I’m no longer a politician. When I resigned from PDP or whatever they call themselves, I didn’t do corner corner o. I tore their card. So, if that boy, em…eeem…eeeem… Jona, is telling you to come and you’re coming here, is he sincere? I remain a farmer and a statesman. One million Atikus can’t change that whether they are running or walking or flying. I’m sorry, Mr Atiku.”

“You seem to be getting it all wrong sir. I’m not asking you to come out of retirement and campaign for me. No. I’m only informing you and asking you to bless me so that I can succeed.”
“Again, I’m not a politician. Are you listening? I’m too honest and frank to remain in that circle – of lies, backstabbing, intrigues and corruption. Deceit. No. I’m done. My politics now is Nigeria. Anybody who says Nigeria will not rise and move forward, I am ready to go konkobilo with that person. So, oga, that is my position.”

“Baba, I salute your sincerity – and courage. You are not the type who will deceive anybody to score cheap political points. You’re blunt. There are many of us in the race. That is why I crave your endorsement. You must have an opinion on this important matter.”

“Yes. I have heard that some of you are warming up. I’m not the type that fears. I have my opinion on each and everyone of you. The other boy (wetin be im name now o?). Obasanjo scratches it aggressively. He looks up and continues.

“Makarfi. Yes; I hear he too wants to contest. I know he used to be governor of Kaduna. He was a senator. And now chairman of what they call Caretaker Committee. Hmmm…

“Sule Lamido is my boy, but dem say he get baggage. And you know Buhari is a soldier. He will simply ambush him and that will be the end of the matter.

“Buhari sef. I said so that he will not steal. He will fight corruption and jail all the thieves making noise and gallivanting all over the place. But Buhari may not do well in the economy. I said so. No be so?”

“Baba, I thank you for your insight. The words of our elders… . Do I take it that I have your blessing to pick the PDP ticket for 2019?”

Hmm…hmmmm…hmm (Obasanjo clears his thrioat). “PDP my foot. I don’t care who gets the PDP ticket. Dat one na dem toro. I’m not a member and I don’t plan to be one. Let them sell it or give it or dash it to whoever they like. Me o, Olusegun Aremu Okikiola Obasanjo, I don’t care. A statesman I will remain. I thank you for visiting.”
A crowd of reporters and photographers have set up a camp outside the door. As Obasanjo and his guest emerge from the main house, they spring up onto their feet and rushed towards them.

“Baba, good afternoon. How are you sir?”

Obasanjo, smiling without showing his teeth:”I dey kampe, as you can see.”
“How did the meeting go?”

“Which meeting? No meeting o. You know Christmas will soon be here. The former VP came to wish me merry Christmas. Is anything wrong with that? And I wish you all Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year.”

After a handshake with Obasanjo, Atiku walks briskly towards his car, adjusting his agbada. The reporters rush to catch up with him.

“Sir, how did it go? Is it true you came to tell Baba to support your ambition? Did he promise to back you?”
“Baba has spoken and that is all. I have no comments – for now. Have a nice day, my friends.”
An aide opens the door. Atiku jumps in and the car rolls out of the large compound.

My take:
It is too late to cry when the head is up.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by Kiakia(m): 9:24am On Dec 03, 2017
edoman2016:

And you think the personality of Atiku is better than Buhari. One thing anyone can not dispute about Buhari is his Integrity. Loyalty and Integrity define a man. And Atiku lack it. It is the reason Buhari defeated him in APC presidential primary election.
Buhari lost his famed and acclaimed integrity two years ago when he became President,
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by lereinter(m): 10:09am On Dec 03, 2017
seunmsg:
It is not even all about Obasanjo, so many political and business elites cannot stomach an Atiku presidency. In fact, the business elites in Nigeria are more concerned about Atiku becoming the president than the political elites and hence, will do all they can to stop him.

Atiku showed his greed and insatiable appetite to corruptly enrich himself when he used his position as chairman of National privatisation council to buy up almost every agency that was up for privatisation to the consternation of the business elites. Since then, they knew a character like Atiku cannot be trusted with the almost absolute powers that come with being president. Atiku will never be president of Nigeria and that's fact!

oga stop distributing falsehood

is it atiku that bought transcorp

mention the privatized property he bought
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by 7lives: 1:16pm On Dec 03, 2017
brainpulse:
Atiku is a no no. Atiku is the worst greedy fellow to do business with. He has the sense of selfish monopolist if given the opportunity. He single handed collect the contract for COJA, gave his company the contract to buy around 3000 BMW used and collected and sold it himself( This I know personally). Atiku owns African circle on the Snake Island, with Nigeria Port authority waste management also. This were gotten fraudulently when he was the VP and hijacked so many Nigeria companies, this is one of the reason Baba hated him.
So many of this kids supporting him, do not know him

These are few of the issues OBJ had with Atiku, there are more grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin that 1G4 own na im vex me, KILODE this man wan become GOD?.
Obj said it in his book my watch that, with information at his disposal, God will not forgive him if he hand over the presidency of Nigeria to Atiku.
Na this kind man some desperadoes dey package to unleash on Nigerians, we dey wait o.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by 7lives: 1:22pm On Dec 03, 2017
Ugosample:
It baffles me how people who claim to be reasonable are supporting an Atiku presidency

Atiku undecided

I hope you are not suprised grin grin grin grin grin no be today e don tay o.
They shall all be served in 2019/
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by MikaelsonRx(m): 3:18pm On Dec 05, 2017
skillful01:
It would be difficult for Atiku to win the election without the blessings of Baba OBJ.

OBJ; The Chairman of Nigeria.

Even with the presence and blessings of Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton lost the election.
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish by shallysgirl: 3:31pm On Dec 05, 2017
skillful01:
It would be difficult for Atiku to win the election without the blessings of Baba OBJ.

OBJ; The Chairman of Nigeria.
Rabbish,obj is not God.
#Atikulate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola / Buhari Vs Atiku: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Secondus, Others Arrive Tribunal (Photo) / #EndSARS: Where Are The Bodies & Where Are They Buried - MC Oluomo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.