Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,433 members, 7,954,723 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:57 AM

How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. (1976 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by feelgoodInc: 10:58am On Dec 02, 2017
Jews do not pay tithes why?

They are the keepers of the Mosaic Law.
then how come they don't pay tithe, their Rabbi in their Jewish meetings do not collect tithes, why?

why do our Christian pastor collect tithe and own houses mansions and private jet when the Levites did not have any in inheritance?

2 Likes

Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by analize701: 11:43am On Dec 02, 2017
Because the covenant under which they operate now is obsolete. The Covenant have been shifted to the eternal Covenant according to the Order of Melchizedek with Jesus Christ as the eternal high priest on top.

1 Like

Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by feelgoodInc: 12:46pm On Dec 02, 2017
analize701:
Because the covenant under which they operate now is obsolete. The Covenant have been shifted to the eternal Covenant according to the Order of Melchizedek with Jesus Christ as the eternal high priest on top.

I understand you, so if the covenant has been shifted, does it mean it's Christians that are supposed to pay tithe not Jews?
Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by spongeisback: 2:35pm On Dec 02, 2017
According to the Rabbis, the laws of tithing only apply to the land of Israel, and farmers in the Diaspora have no obligation to give tithes. the full tithing laws apply only when the majority of Jews live in the land of Israel and since, in the absence of the purification rites of the red heifer, everyone today suffers from corpse contamination, the tithe is inoperative in any event. Moreover the purpose of tithing, for the upkeep of the priests and Levites, has no meaning nowadays. The present practice in the State of Israel is to have only a token separation of the tithes.

Nevertheless, many observant Jews today do donate a tenth of their annual income to charity. This is known as maaser kesafim, ‘the money tithe’ or ‘wealth tax.’
This is the reason they don't tithe not the blah blah blah the other one wrote.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by analize701: 2:46pm On Dec 02, 2017
feelgoodInc:

I understand you, so if the covenant has been shifted, does it mean it's Christians that are supposed to pay tithe not Jews?
Yes. This is the Dispensation of the Church, the Gentile's Age. And, Christ is the Eternal Priest over seeing this New Covenant. Every High Priest must do what the High Priests Do

Melchizedek was a High Priest, He took Tithe. Levi was a High Priest, he took Tithe, why should Jesus our High Priest not take Tithe from us?
Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by feelgoodInc: 2:57pm On Dec 02, 2017
analize701:

Yes. This is the Dispensation of the Church, the Gentile's Age. And, Christ is the Eternal Priest over seeing this New Covenant. Every High Priest must do what the High Priests Do

Melchizedek was a High Priest, He took Tithe. Levi was a High Priest, he took Tithe, why should Jesus our High Priest not take Tithe from us?

but why, Jesus did not collect any tithe, why is he taking tithe now.
so ARE YOU PAYING TITHE TO GOD
Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by feelgoodInc: 2:59pm On Dec 02, 2017
analize701:

so ARE YOU PAYING TITHE TO GOD?

secondly Levite I, not one person Levites were descendants of Levi, they had no possessions, they were well known you could see them on the streets and give them your tithes, their main jobs were to work in the temple and I'm sure not all the descendants work on the temple.
Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by feelgoodInc: 3:02pm On Dec 02, 2017
spongeisback:
According to the Rabbis, the laws of tithing only apply to the land of Israel, and farmers in the Diaspora have no obligation to give tithes. the full tithing laws apply only when the majority of Jews live in the land of Israel and since, in the absence of the purification rites of the red heifer, everyone today suffers from corpse contamination, the tithe is inoperative in any event. Moreover the purpose of tithing, for the upkeep of the priests and Levites, has no meaning nowadays. The present practice in the State of Israel is to have only a token separation of the tithes.

Nevertheless, many observant Jews today do donate a tenth of their annual income to charity. This is known as maaser kesafim, ‘the money tithe’ or ‘wealth tax.’
This is the reason they don't tithe not the blah blah blah the other one wrote.

thank you sir.
Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by feelgoodInc: 3:10pm On Dec 02, 2017
so if Jesus is the high priest which I believe too, how come Christians never paid tithe after his death to his disciples.

I know you think the church is being attacked but have you opened your Bible to check if what the tithe critics are saying is right?
Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by analize701: 3:51pm On Dec 02, 2017
feelgoodInc:

so ARE YOU PAYING TITHE TO GOD?

secondly Levite I, not one person Levites were descendants of Levi, they had no possessions, they were well known you could see them on the streets and give them your tithes, their main jobs were to work in the temple and I'm sure not all the descendants work on the temple.
The question is, or should be, at what point did Jesus assume the office of the High Priest?

While he was alive, was he a high Priest?

What did YHWH through His Prophet Jeremiah said the Priesthood of Jesus will be like?

Did he say his Priesthood will be like the Levitical Priesthood?

Let's see... Pls be patient and read ok?

Good News Translation Hebrews 7:15-16
The matter becomes even plainer; a different priest has appeared, who is like Melchizedek.

He was made a priest, not by human rules and regulations, but through the power of a life which has no end.

For the scripture says, “You will be a priest forever, in the priestly order of Melchizedek.”

The old rule, then, is set aside, because it was weak and useless. For the Law of Moses could not make anything perfect. And now a better hope has been provided through which we come near to God.

Hebrews 8:8-13
But God finds fault with his people when he says,

“The days are coming, says the Lord, when I will draw up a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.

It will not be like the covenant that I made with their ancestors on the day I took them by the hand and led them out of Egypt.

They were not faithful to the covenant I made with them, and so I paid no attention to them.

Now, this is the covenant that I will make with the people of Israel in the days to come, says the Lord:

I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts.

I will be their God, and they will be my people. None of them will have to teach their friends or tell their neighbors, ‘Know the Lord.’

For they will all know me, from the least to the greatest.

I will forgive their sins and will no longer remember their wrongs.”

By speaking of a new covenant, God has made the first one old; and anything that becomes old and worn out will soon disappear.

Jesus came a High Priest when he died.

And pls believe me, they did, it wasn't mentioned doesn't mean they didn't.

The Traditions were their traditions, aside from the sacrificial laws which came to an end with the emergence of the New Covenant, every other ordinance remained practiced. They was no need for them to be mentioned becos they were not in contention.

Now, lets consider Circumcision for instance.
Like Tithing, Circumcision precedes and transcends the law, but it became contentious when the Jewish teachers misrepresented and misinterpreted it to mean that by doing that, they gain acceptance by God.

Question shd be, what was the motive behind Tithing or Circumcision? The reason God demanded that his people be circumcised was for it to act as a Mark of Obedience. A token of Obedience.

Do you want to be my servant? Then cut off your foreskin, by this you have willingly identified with me, anyone who doesn't, has rejected my rule over him.

In the Old Covenant, (Pls read the Scriptures above), God did his work in the lives of the Jews in the flesh, Now it is in the Spirit.

The Holy Spirit becomes the Mark of identification for the People of God now, no longer a fleshly mark.

But, this doesn't mean the foreskin no longer get cut, but, it does, but, it no longer acts a token or a mark of a relationship.

Tithe paying is an act of Obedience to God.

My dear, about the Church being under attack, am not concerned. Satan has been attacking the Church from inception. The stronger and fiercer the attack, the stronger the Church grows.

Without persecution, the Church dies. The fake Christians feel comfortable in Church if the Church is not being attacked, when we get attacked, the fakes will run out and join the attackers.

Dontt worry, it's a sign of growth.
Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by analize701: 4:02pm On Dec 02, 2017
feelgoodInc:

so ARE YOU PAYING TITHE TO GOD
Jesus did not take Tithe when he was alive because He was not High Priest until he died.

But as Head of the Church now, He does.

Yes i am paying Tithe to Christ. Hebrew 13:15 says Lets us now continually offer our sacrifices to God through Jesus our eternal High Priest.

In the Old Covenant, sacrifices were offered to God through his earthly human priests.
Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by feelgoodInc: 5:24pm On Dec 02, 2017
analize701:

Jesus did not take Tithe when he was alive because He was not High Priest until he died.

But as Head of the Church now, He does.

Yes i am paying Tithe to Christ. Hebrew 13:15 says Lets us now continually offer our sacrifices to God through Jesus our eternal High Priest.

In the Old Covenant, sacrifices were offered to God through his earthly human priests.

Hebrews 13:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

King James Version (KJV)

so where is the tithe there stop quoting half truths to suit your narrative, have you seen how hard it is to defend tithing.
Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:36pm On Dec 02, 2017
@Analize

Why don't you use the Bible to show us how the early church practised this tithing under the priesthood of Melchizedek.

Did the apostles received tithes from their congregation in the order of the priesthood of Jesus Christ?

2 Likes

Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by feelgoodInc: 5:36pm On Dec 02, 2017
analize701 you keep talking about Melchizedek and Jacob giving tithe, is there anywhere God commanded Abraham to pay tithe?

1 Like

Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:39pm On Dec 02, 2017
The sacrifice under the new testament was done ONCE.Jesus has done the sacrifice.Unlike the priests under the levitical priesthood that kept on offering sacrifices after sacrifices

Hebrews 10:8-
First he said, “Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not desire, nor were you pleased with them”—though they were offered in accordance with the law. 9 Then he said, “Here I am, I have come to do your will.” He sets aside the first to establish the second. 10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11 Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 and since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool. 14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

15 The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:

“This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds.”[b]

17 Then he adds:

“Their sins and lawless acts
I will remember no more.”[c]

18 And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.

1 Like

Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by analize701: 6:20pm On Dec 02, 2017
feelgoodInc:
analize701 you keep talking about Melchizedek and Jacob giving tithe, is there anywhere God commanded Abraham to pay tithe?
The question you shd have asked is, Who was Melchizedek?
Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by analize701: 6:22pm On Dec 02, 2017
feelgoodInc:

Hebrews 13:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

King James Version (KJV)

so where is the tithe there stop quoting half truths to suit your narrative, have you seen how hard it is to defend tithing.
It is not hard for me to defend Tithing.

Why do you think i need to defend Tithing? It's my money, why shd i defend it?
Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by feelgoodInc: 6:23pm On Dec 02, 2017
analize701:

The question you shd have asked is, Who was Melchizedek?

no the question I'm asking is why do jews who are the keepers of the law not paying tithes.
Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by analize701: 6:27pm On Dec 02, 2017
feelgoodInc:

no the question I'm asking is why do jews who are the keepers of the law not paying tithes.
How many times shd i answer this?
Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by feelgoodInc: 6:31pm On Dec 02, 2017
analize701:

How many times shd i answer this?
you haven't answered it, don't forget that the Jews do not believe that Jesus is the son f God so they are mandated to pay tithe, and they keep the Mosaic Law more than Christians. I know you've been checking google but couldn't find it.
Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by analize701: 6:57pm On Dec 02, 2017
feelgoodInc:

you haven't answered it, don't forget that the Jews do not believe that Jesus is the son f God so they are mandated to pay tithe, and they keep the Mosaic Law more than Christians. I know you've been checking google but couldn't find it.
Lolzzzz.

Do i sound like someone who will present another persons views? Anyways, whatever.

And, why don't the Jews believe that Jesus is the son of God? And in your own opinion, why aren't the Jews paying Tithe today?
Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by analize701: 7:05pm On Dec 02, 2017
feelgoodInc:

I wish i can take you on a ride from the old prophets who prophet about the state of the nation of Israel, before, during and after the birth of Jesus the events which will unfold.

Prophecies states that, when the Messiah is killed, sacrifices shall cease, because their covenant shall become obsolete. Their Temple where all these sacrifices are taken and done, shall be destroyed to keep them from continuing with the sacrifices, and it shall be so until the New Covenant which is the Church Age comes to an end, then the Temple shall be rebuilt, but this will be when the Antichrist will be ruling.

Pls go and read your Bible and stop depending on people who know less.

I don't have the time to teach you eschatology this evening.
Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by analize701: 7:06pm On Dec 02, 2017
feelgoodInc:
If you don't know who Melchizedek is, you will never understand the issue you raised up.

Let me ask pls.

Did Tithe originate with the law of Moses?
Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:16pm On Dec 02, 2017
analize701:

If you don't know who Melchizedek is, you will never understand the issue you raised up.

Let me ask pls.

Did Tithe originate with the law of Moses?

This line is stale!! Circumcision and burnt offerings also predated the law

1 Like

Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by feelgoodInc: 7:18pm On Dec 02, 2017
analize701:

I wish i can take you on a ride from the old prophets who prophet about the state of the nation of Israel, before, during and after the birth of Jesus the events which will unfold.

Prophecies states that, when the Messiah is killed, sacrifices shall cease, because their covenant shall become obsolete. Their Temple where all these sacrifices are taken and done, shall be destroyed to keep them from continuing with the sacrifices, and it shall be so until the New Covenant which is the Church Age comes to an end, then the Temple shall be rebuilt, but this will be when the Antichrist will be ruling.

Pls go and read your Bible and stop depending on people who know less.

I don't have the time to teach you eschatology this evening.

guy let me tell you I know all this things, so I will be the wrong person for you to lecture on these. so when the temple is built then the tithe will begin isn't it so?

then why are you paying tithes?
Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by feelgoodInc: 7:21pm On Dec 02, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

this is true but they aren't following burnt offerings, and Paul killed that circumcision issue
Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by analize701: 7:32pm On Dec 02, 2017
feelgoodInc:

guy let me tell you I know all this things, so I will be the wrong person for you to lecture on these. so when the temple is built then the tithe will begin isn't it so?

then why are you paying tithes?
Are you sure you know these things? If you do you shd have known what will become of the Jews immediately their Temple is rebuilt. Wow.
Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by analize701: 7:35pm On Dec 02, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

Then why are you people fighting Tithing alone and not offerings and circumcision? Can't you see there's something satan is after?
Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by hopefulLandlord: 7:42pm On Dec 02, 2017
OP's monicker reminds me of Gorillaz
Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by feelgoodInc: 8:12pm On Dec 02, 2017
analize701:

Then why are you people fighting Tithing alone and not offerings and circumcision? Can't you see there's something satan is after?

if the preachers were offering burnt sacrifices we would talk. one thing about Christianity is that the word is used to reproof and teach, nobody is greater than the word. even Paul corrected Peter once.
Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:22pm On Dec 02, 2017
N
analize701:

There is no church I know of preaching circumcision and burnt offerings as necessary under Christianity. If there is anything satan is after it is the injection of fraudsters masquerading as men of God into the church

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Come Jews Dont Pay Tithe. by GoodMuyis(m): 9:56pm On Dec 02, 2017
feelgoodInc:
Jews do not pay tithes why?

They are the keepers of the Mosaic Law.
then how come they don't pay tithe, their Rabbi in their Jewish meetings do not collect tithes, why?

How do you know they don't?

Give us fact not guessing

why do our Christian pastor collect tithe and own houses mansions and private jet when the Levites did not have any in inheritance?

Elisha was not a Levite, Yet he was a Rich prophet, e own farm, house, even servants

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atheists Who Converted From Christian Families.....share Your Expirience Here. / 12 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues / RCCG Helps Ministry Weekend 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.