Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Driver Return Lady's Laptop, Gold, Cash, Passport, Atm Card Etc (Pic) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Driver Return Lady's Laptop, Gold, Cash, Passport, Atm Card Etc (Pic) (770 Views)

Sex-for-passport: Nigerian Embassy In Germany Suspends Staff Member / US Fire Fighters Break Car Windows To Get To Fire Hydrant (Pic) / Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driver Return Lady's Laptop, Gold, Cash, Passport, Atm Card Etc (Pic) by FriendNG: 12:00pm On Dec 02, 2017
VERY HONEST NIGERIAN.

May Allah reward him abundantly. Ameen On my way from Anyigba to Abuja by commercial transport, I had to alight at Giri junction, to pick a cab that was to link me with another cab to my destination. I had a heavy suitcase and a bag.

When we got to Lugbe, the cab driver hurriedly dropped me off when he saw a cab going to my final destination. In the process of dragging the heavy suitcase, and in the usually chaotic motor park, I forgot to pick my bag.

As I approached the hotel in Jabi, now feeling relaxed, I remembered my bag which contained the following items:

1. Laptop
2. A bundle of N50,000, and a cheque
3. A pair of golden earrings
4. My International Passport
5. Power bank, ATM cards, Driver's license, etc.

I went back to Giri junction to report to the NURTW officials. That was when I discovered that many drivers operated as freelancers and might not be traceable. I became desperate. I exchanged contact numbers with the NURTW official and went back to the hotel. I couldn't really concentrate on the assignment I came to Abuja for. I hadn't informed my husband.

The cab driver searched my bag, extracted my husband's mobile number from my driver's license and called him. My husband mistook him for a fraudster and told him off. I later informed my husband and he gave me the driver's number.

Alas! He had my bag. He had attempted to reach me on Facebook even. I got my colleagues Clara and Moses to speak Hausa with him and we arranged to meet at the hotel two days later, when he returned from a trip. He emerged at the hotel with the bag and the contents intact! Despite the rot, decadence and socio-economic hardship, there still exist people like Abubakar Hassan with good morals. Please appreciate him with me. Prof. Margaret Araoye.

Mynd44 Lalasticlala

Re: Driver Return Lady's Laptop, Gold, Cash, Passport, Atm Card Etc (Pic) by hodusglobal(m): 12:15pm On Dec 02, 2017
Almighty Allah will rewards him on earth, in his grave and heaven... Ameen!

1 Like

Re: Driver Return Lady's Laptop, Gold, Cash, Passport, Atm Card Etc (Pic) by Ustec: 12:17pm On Dec 02, 2017
cool
Re: Driver Return Lady's Laptop, Gold, Cash, Passport, Atm Card Etc (Pic) by nerodenero: 12:46pm On Dec 02, 2017
The public transportation in Abuja isn't regulated. Go to so many places in Abuja, what you'd see are private cars used as taxis without any known identification. You board a taxi at Giri to Lugbe, NURTW doesn't know how the taxi looks like, no tag, no ID no, no known vehicle colour. I can just put my car on the road, pick passengers and no questions asked. This is reason one-chance is on the increase and in most cases, they are not traceable.

Kudos to Abubakar

1 Like

Re: Driver Return Lady's Laptop, Gold, Cash, Passport, Atm Card Etc (Pic) by sarrki(m): 12:50pm On Dec 02, 2017
We still have Good people n this country
Re: Driver Return Lady's Laptop, Gold, Cash, Passport, Atm Card Etc (Pic) by madridguy(m): 1:03pm On Dec 02, 2017
Good one.
Re: Driver Return Lady's Laptop, Gold, Cash, Passport, Atm Card Etc (Pic) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 02, 2017
God bless you real good
Re: Driver Return Lady's Laptop, Gold, Cash, Passport, Atm Card Etc (Pic) by adeolakemi: 1:26pm On Dec 02, 2017
if na Yoruba hmmmmm! I no talk anything ooooo

(1) (Reply)

Urgently needed / Finally, Law School Okays Use Of Hijab, Invites Firdaus Amasa For Call To Bar / Get Certified In I.T Security Within 3 Weeks (online & Offline)!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.