Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,973 members, 7,866,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:19 PM

Are Muslims And Christians Serving The Same God? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Muslims And Christians Serving The Same God? (5002 Views)

Quran 29:46 Says That Muslims And Christians Worship The Same God. Is It True? / Why Will Satan Torture People In Hell For Disobeying The Same God He Disobeyed? / Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Muslims And Christians Serving The Same God? by bahaushe1: 12:00am On Jan 06, 2018
Didov1:
...like seriously,dnt you get it..,.christ made it possible for people like you and i to receive the holy spirit i.e if we believe....tot i've said this before

The tradition of Allaah is to choose a man from among his people and send him to them with message of guidance and warning. Prophets of Allaah are human beings well known among their people, they speaks to their people words of Allaah as revealed to them by Him in their own language. Allaah doesn't send spirits to human beings.
Re: Are Muslims And Christians Serving The Same God? by bahaushe1: 12:03am On Jan 06, 2018
Didov1:
...you're the one trying to twist the scripture/or should i say the english word written there...the verse is clear and understandable

You didn't address the questions.

Who is a Prophet?

How do you recognize a Prophet?

Interpretation of Deut. 18:15?
Re: Are Muslims And Christians Serving The Same God? by bahaushe1: 12:24am On Jan 06, 2018
Didov1:
...i just cant repeat my self over and over again,check my previous post for proof.....hmmmn,so the said man has transgressed and deserve a death penalty,this is serious.,...and can you define a matyr please

Don't get me wrong. I said Allaah alone knows the window behind transferring the likeness of Jesus to someone for him to be killed. But I went ahead to offer conjectures, I could be wrong I could be right.

Martyrs are people who loses their lives on Allaah's cause. They will be raised in the league of the Prophets on the day of resurrection. It is a special honour.

The hierarchy of honour on the day of resurrection is as follows:

1) The Prophets. They are the best of mankind and will inherit the highest heaven.

2) As-siddiqquun. They follow the Prophets in rank and honour. They are companions of the Prophets who believed them without any enquiry. While others request for miracles before believing this category needed no miracles at all.

3) Martyrs. They are the third in the rank of honour. They sacrifice their lives in uplifting the religion of Allaah. That man is a potential candidate for this honour.

4) The righteous. Any one who die believing in Allaah, His angels, His books, His Messengers, day of resurrection, and divide decree and did righteous good deeds.
Re: Are Muslims And Christians Serving The Same God? by Didov1(f): 5:29am On Jan 06, 2018
bahaushe1:

Don't get me wrong. I said Allaah alone knows the window behind transferring the likeness of Jesus to someone for him to be killed. But I went ahead to offer conjectures, I could be wrong I could be right.

Martyrs are people who loses their lives on Allaah's cause. They will be raised in the league of the Prophets on the day of resurrection. It is a special honour.

The hierarchy of honour on the day of resurrection is as follows:

1) The Prophets. They are the best of mankind and will inherit the highest heaven.

2) As-siddiqquun. They follow the Prophets in rank and honour. They are companions of the Prophets who believed them without any enquiry. While others request for miracles before believing thi

3) Martyrs. They are the third in the rank of honour. They sacrifice their lives in uplifting the religion of Allaah. That man is a potential candidate for this honour.
...then the said man isnt a matyrs,he was unjustly killed..
Re: Are Muslims And Christians Serving The Same God? by Didov1(f): 5:42am On Jan 06, 2018
bahaushe1:

You didn't address the questions.

Who is a Prophet?

How do you recognize a Prophet?

Interpretation of Deut. 18:15?
...prophet are one send by God to his people.,through what he does deut.18:21-22 said it all........DEUT.18:15'''THE LORD YOUR GOD WILL RAISE UP TO YOU A PROPHET FROM THE MIDST OF YOU,OF YOU BROTHERS,LIKE ME TO HIM YOU SHALL LISTEN....... DEUT.18:15-..THE LORD YOUR GOD WILL RAISE UP UNTO THEE A PROPHET FROM THE MIDST OF THEE,OF THY BRETHREN,LIKE UNTO ME,UNTO HIM YE SHALL HEARKEN........there is nothing to explain here...
Re: Are Muslims And Christians Serving The Same God? by Didov1(f): 5:54am On Jan 06, 2018
bahaushe1:

The tradition of Allaah is to choose a man from among his people and send him to them with message of guidance and warning. Prophets of Allaah are human beings well known among their people, they speaks to their people words of Allaah as revealed to them by Him in their own language. Allaah doesn't send spirits to human beings.
..God doesnt send spirit to human being?..what of the one sent to the prophet of old....christ made it possible for people like me to receive the holyspirit,only if i'm righteous enough and believe..and this is the fullfilment of the prophecy of prophet joel which says'''and it shall come to pass in the last day,says the God,I WILL POUR OUT MY SPIRIT ON ALL FLESH;YOUR SONS AND DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY,YOUR YOUNG SHALL SEE VISIONS AND YOUR OLD MAN SHALL DREAM DREAMS,.AND ON MY MAIDSERVANTS,I WILL POUR OUT MY SPIRIT IN THOSE DAYS AND THEY SHALL PROPHESY'''....it was prophesied by the prophet of old,and it has come to pass...goodmorning
Re: Are Muslims And Christians Serving The Same God? by orisa37: 8:09am On Jan 06, 2018
Islam, like Judaism, sees The Face of God, but not The Back and The Sides.
Christianity sees and knows every part of God. It's not rigid. God is flexible. God handles Justice(Rewards, Blessings and Punishment).
"He, who is least in the Kingdom of God, is greater than he".
"The Testimony of Jesus is The Spirit of Prophecy".
Re: Are Muslims And Christians Serving The Same God? by bahaushe1: 10:45am On Jan 06, 2018
Didov1:
...then the said man isnt a matyrs,he was unjustly killed..

Your opinion.
Re: Are Muslims And Christians Serving The Same God? by bahaushe1: 10:55am On Jan 06, 2018
Didov1:
...prophet are one send by God to his people.,through what he does deut.18:21-22 said it all........DEUT.18:15'''THE LORD YOUR GOD WILL RAISE UP TO YOU A PROPHET FROM THE MIDST OF YOU,OF YOU BROTHERS,LIKE ME TO HIM YOU SHALL LISTEN....... DEUT.18:15-..THE LORD YOUR GOD WILL RAISE UP UNTO THEE A PROPHET FROM THE MIDST OF THEE,OF THY BRETHREN,LIKE UNTO ME,UNTO HIM YE SHALL HEARKEN........there is nothing to explain here...

You said Muhammad (pbuh) is not a Prophet. Now using the criteria set in Deut. 18:22 tell us how Muhammad (pbuh) is not a Prophet.

Who is the Prophet that God raised from among the brothers of the Jews that is "like unto Moses"?
Re: Are Muslims And Christians Serving The Same God? by bahaushe1: 11:03am On Jan 06, 2018
Didov1:
..God doesnt send spirit to human being?..what of the one sent to the prophet of old....christ made it possible for people like me to receive the holyspirit,only if i'm righteous enough and believe..and this is the fullfilment of the prophecy of prophet joel which says'''and it shall come to pass in the last day,says the God,I WILL POUR OUT MY SPIRIT ON ALL FLESH;YOUR SONS AND DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY,YOUR YOUNG SHALL SEE VISIONS AND YOUR OLD MAN SHALL DREAM DREAMS,.AND ON MY MAIDSERVANTS,I WILL POUR OUT MY SPIRIT IN THOSE DAYS AND THEY SHALL PROPHESY'''....it was prophesied by the prophet of old,and it has come to pass...goodmorning

You only re-echoed what I said. God doesnt send spirit to human beings, Prophets of God have certain peculiarities that are not shared with other humans. It is the Prophets (who are humans that deliver the messege to humans).

As that prophesy, it is nothing but lies. To God alone belongs all knowledge of the unseen. If Jesus (pbuh) himself doesnt know certain things, does not know the day and time the hour will come, judge only by what he hears, then how could he make it possible for others to prophesise, see visions, and have have dreams?
Re: Are Muslims And Christians Serving The Same God? by Didov1(f): 8:37pm On Jan 06, 2018
bahaushe1:

You said Muhammad (pbuh) is not a Prophet. Now using the criteria set in Deut. 18:22 tell us how Muhammad (pbuh) is not a Prophet.

Who is the Prophet that God raised from among the brothers of the Jews that is "like unto Moses"?
.haahaa,like seriously??....it says''i will raise up a prophet AMONG you,of your BETHREN(BROTHERS)''...lemme start from here...moses was talking to the isrealite,right...there were 12 tribes in isreal..asher,dan,reuben,ephraim,benjamin,judah. to mention afew..tho they are all isrealite,they comprises a dif tribes...when moses said AMONG YOU,it means among the isrealite...when he said OF YOUR BROTHERS,It means in the midst of them tribe,in one of the tribe,......so the AMONG YOU,OF YOUR BROTHERS MEANs ''in one of the tribes among the isrealite''.....please goan read more...which one is deut 18:22..or do you mean deut 18:15...CHRIST
Re: Are Muslims And Christians Serving The Same God? by Didov1(f): 8:54pm On Jan 06, 2018
bahaushe1:

You only re-echoed what I said. God doesnt send spirit to human beings, Prophets of God have certain peculiarities that are not shared with other humans. It is the Prophets (who are humans that deliver the messege to humans).

As that prophesy, it is nothing but lies. To God alone belongs all knowledge of the unseen. If Jesus (pbuh) himself doesnt know certain things, does not know the day and time the hour will come, judge only by what he hears, then how could he make it possible for others to prophesise, see visions, and have have dreams?
...what is this one saying....who told you twas christ that made those prophesy?.twas a prophet of old,.and who told you christ doesnt know the day,time the hour will come....see,seems my writeup is not gettimg through you,seems you only read the first nd last sentence,then rush to comment...i cnt keepon repeating my self over and over again.
Re: Are Muslims And Christians Serving The Same God? by Didov1(f): 8:56pm On Jan 06, 2018
bahaushe1:

Your opinion.
thats the truth
Re: Are Muslims And Christians Serving The Same God? by Nobody: 6:28am On Jan 07, 2018
[quote author=mujahid777 post=62946464]
Do xtians and Jews serve the same God?[/quote

Christians and Jews serve the same God. But for christians and moslems we serve two different entities. That one that Muslims serve is an idol that's very vicious but that of Christians is the olowogbogboro, alagbada Ina, way maker, every outstanding name you can imagine. Quote me at your own peril.
Re: Are Muslims And Christians Serving The Same God? by bahaushe1: 7:09pm On Jan 07, 2018
Didov1:
...what is this one saying....who told you twas christ that made those prophesy?.twas a prophet of old,.and who told you christ doesnt know the day,time the hour will come....see,seems my writeup is not gettimg through you,seems you only read the first nd last sentence,then rush to comment...i cnt keepon repeating my self over and over again.

Give us the day and time the hour will commence as said by Jesus then.
Re: Are Muslims And Christians Serving The Same God? by bahaushe1: 7:13pm On Jan 07, 2018
Didov1:
.haahaa,like seriously??....it says''i will raise up a prophet AMONG you,of your BETHREN(BROTHERS)''...lemme start from here...moses was talking to the isrealite,right...there were 12 tribes in isreal..asher,dan,reuben,ephraim,benjamin,judah. to mention afew..tho they are all isrealite,they comprises a dif tribes...when moses said AMONG YOU,it means among the isrealite...when he said OF YOUR BROTHERS,It means in the midst of them tribe,in one of the tribe,......so the AMONG YOU,OF YOUR BROTHERS MEANs ''in one of the tribes among the isrealite''.....please goan read more...which one is deut 18:22..or do you mean deut 18:15...CHRIST

Deut. 18:15. Who is this Prophet Moses was talking about?

You claimed that Muhammad (pbuh) is not a Prophet and when I asked about criteria for recognizing a Prophet you cited Deut. 18:22. I then asked: how is Muhammad (pbuh) not a Prophet using the criteria set out in Deut. 18:22?
Re: Are Muslims And Christians Serving The Same God? by Didov1(f): 9:19pm On Jan 07, 2018
bahaushe1:

Deut. 18:15. Who is this Prophet Moses was talking about?

You claimed that Muhammad (pbuh) is not a Prophet and when I asked about criteria for recognizing a Prophet you cited Deut. 18:22. I then asked: how is Muhammad (pbuh) not a Prophet using the criteria set out in Deut. 18:22?
..i have answer your question oga,check the last word..cant repeat my self........i wrote''through what he does,and deut.18:22'''and the verse talk abou his or her prophesy coming to pass,lol..mohammed that doesnt know where he would go after his death,and he is busy promising you guys 72 virgin....the killing,the perverted act etc...he is not worth to be called anything,...just goan look somewhere else..m done charting with you..nice charting with you tho .
Re: Are Muslims And Christians Serving The Same God? by bahaushe1: 4:06am On Jan 08, 2018
Didov1:
..i have answer your question oga,check the last word..cant repeat my self........i wrote''through what he does,and deut.18:22'''and the verse talk abou his or her prophesy coming to pass,lol..mohammed that doesnt know where he would go after his death,and he is busy promising you guys 72 virgin....the killing,the perverted act etc...he is not worth to be called anything,...just goan look somewhere else..m done charting with you..nice charting with you tho .

I bear witness that there is no deity worthy of worship other than Allaah and I bear witness that Muhammad (pbuh) is His servant and messenger.
Re: Are Muslims And Christians Serving The Same God? by Didov1(f): 8:05pm On Jan 08, 2018
bahaushe1:

I bear witness that there is no deity worthy of worship other than Allaah and I bear witness that Muhammad (pbuh) is His servant and messenger.
lol..ok,whatever makes you happy,.goodnight friend,wishing you the very best.
Re: Are Muslims And Christians Serving The Same God? by Hier(m): 5:13pm On Feb 13, 2018
Didov1:
lol..ok,whatever makes you happy,.goodnight friend,wishing you the very best.

babe and crush grin
Re: Are Muslims And Christians Serving The Same God? by Hier(m): 5:14pm On Feb 13, 2018
missed you
Re: Are Muslims And Christians Serving The Same God? by Didov1(f): 12:27pm On Mar 03, 2018
Hier:
missed you
... hi.. Been a while... Happy new year cheesy
Re: Are Muslims And Christians Serving The Same God? by Oludami1: 8:57pm On Nov 16, 2020
Whats the fusse about deut 18:15 Joshua of course

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Winners Chapel, TREM, RCCG & Rhema, In Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran & Iraq / Christains! The Bible! And Understanding Its Laws. / Atheists How Is This Possible.(Viewers Discretion is Advised)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.