Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,660 members, 7,823,873 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

I Have Been Duped - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Have Been Duped (3951 Views)

Help,help, Help! Was I Duped? Mercedes Lovers / Have U Been Duped Or Know Someone Who Was, By NCS? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Been Duped by Fhemmmy: 3:50pm On Mar 30, 2010
knotty:

toptop

as your name suggests, just keep on toptopping the engine oil and your camry will last another eternity. (don`t quote me)

certainly, you were not duped.

Lol
Re: I Have Been Duped by Pennywise(m): 4:06pm On Mar 30, 2010
You all should leave this fellow alone. He felt duped and there is nothing wrong with saying how you feel.

But a 1998 Camry? Haba. OP take it easy.
Re: I Have Been Duped by GeorgeD1(m): 5:44pm On Mar 30, 2010
pennywise, when people wake up and make baseless accusation, they should not be left alone. rather they should be educated on facts so that they'll be better informed and not make the same mistake some other time.

the poster bought a car and it worked well for several months. then all of sudden it started smoking. even a novice will know what that means.

even if you buy a brand new vehicle and fail to carry out periodic maintenance as at when due, or you use low quality materials tring to costs, it will surely break down.

in this day and age, can you believe some car owners still patronise road side oil sellers to buy so called 'measurement oil'? they think spending N2,500 on four litres of mobil xhp is too much so they  buy low quality cheap adulterated oil by the road side thinking they're smart. after a couple of months their engines start smoking and they cry wolf! 
Re: I Have Been Duped by Onwan: 6:48pm On Mar 30, 2010
@Poster
Change that title you put up there. This is a forum where people take titles like that very seriously.

Concerning your ride; I think you should go and buy a toks engine.
Re: I Have Been Duped by Fhemmmy: 6:56pm On Mar 30, 2010
The poster just came, post something and left, never even came back to check the status of his/her post
Re: I Have Been Duped by octar6: 8:49pm On Mar 30, 2010
@poster, where r u?no replys from u? also check ur valve seals,they could weak and leaking,also consider checking ur pistion rings,it could b dead.
Re: I Have Been Duped by GeorgeD1(m): 1:30pm On Mar 31, 2010
the poster is obviously an unserious fellow. perhaps he's just trying to pull our legs.
Re: I Have Been Duped by kuntash: 2:19pm On Mar 31, 2010
toptop abi wetin be your name sef,  that engine is one of the best things that has happened to Toyota,  its the pride of toyota and a kickstart point for most mechanics that are even learning- because it can tolerate lots of stress etc. even when a silly mechanic makes a horrible mistake.

but if you cannot find a truthful mechanic, insist on an engine replacement,  (60k - 85k), and put it there, 

if you still feel DUPED, contact me and lets review your car and sell it. ok?  grin grin
Re: I Have Been Duped by baconline(m): 2:39pm On Mar 31, 2010
Nairalander lets get something right,a used car is bought 'as it is' meaning anything can happen. U could buy a used car and in 3 months have a faultly engine. These are mechanical parts anything could go wrong due to so many factors. So dealers I know could ring a smoking tokunbo with inferior ring just to sell it off.In that case the dealer no do well,some will buy the original parts and the engine could last for years. I recently bought a car from Lome that smoked on arrival to Niaja, it could be because the engine had not run for a long time when it embarked on the journey to Naija if I serviced it b4 it took off the engine might have been intact. What I am tryn to say is a tokumbo means anything can happen.The best mechanic can not tell exactly when an engine will go bad,he only can see a bad engine or an engine that is becoming week. This car business is a risky business,u could buy a hummer load it up and on arrival the car refuses to start to a point that the only option u have is to change the engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some dealers could park the rings enof for the car to get sold if they are weak,such engines never last over a few weeks b4 the rings give way. But buying a car for over 6 month(we dont know the extend of the poster using it) b4 it gives way could mean due to the car been under maintained, or the engine had been worked locally here or it JUST HAPPENING due to usage
Re: I Have Been Duped by GeorgeD1(m): 6:56pm On Mar 31, 2010
baconline, we're saying the same things in different words.
Re: I Have Been Duped by Onwan: 8:28pm On Mar 31, 2010
I only see negligence on the part of the poster. He probably bought the car for the body, spoilers, paint, "full" options, etc or even alloys. He also might have been hinted on the condition of the engine before buying.

The same way he has started the thread without even coming back up to let us have the pre-purchase details and circumstances.

Its pure negligence.
Re: I Have Been Duped by chelseabmw(m): 2:29am On Apr 01, 2010
the poster have been sacked from work(Intercontinental bank plc) so at the moment he is looking for what next to do.

He will be on NL 2rd or 3rd
Re: I Have Been Duped by GeorgeD1(m): 9:52am On Apr 01, 2010
chelsae,
aren't you being too harsh on the chap?
Re: I Have Been Duped by kuntash: 10:54am On Apr 01, 2010
chelseabmw:

the poster have been sacked from work(Intercontinental bank plc) so at the moment he is looking for what next to do.

He will be on NL 2rd or 3rd

is this a fact ?
Re: I Have Been Duped by GeorgeD1(m): 1:27pm On Apr 01, 2010
i'm sure chelsea was just kidding.
Re: I Have Been Duped by chikeorji123(m): 4:41pm On Apr 01, 2010
God,l nearly collapsed!,when l see the  TITLE!!,
Hello poster,could u please amend that title at least to maintained AUTO SECTION reputation?
Re: I Have Been Duped by eros(m): 4:54pm On Apr 01, 2010
Since the poster has refused to respond to all the comments so far, will the moderator please DELETE and DESTROY this thread forever. angry angry angry
Re: I Have Been Duped by One4u: 6:19pm On Apr 01, 2010
@toptop: eh, a sorry 4 dat, but is dia no guarantee periods 4u?
Re: I Have Been Duped by chelseabmw(m): 10:52pm On Apr 01, 2010
George_D:

i'm sure chelsea was just kidding.

No ooooooo, am not kidding at all, its true shocked shocked
Re: I Have Been Duped by chelseabmw(m): 11:06pm On Apr 01, 2010
kuntash:

is this a fact ?

What fact are u looking for.am i the poster?
Re: I Have Been Duped by toptop: 7:05pm On Apr 02, 2010
i apologize for my absence, it was due to reasons beyond my control. I thank you guys for all ur comments. contrary to most of your opinions, ie that i use cheap oil, that is not true. i use mobil sealed oil even for my gen set. how much more for the car i bought 1.1m.
However, i have made contacts and i was adviced by some mechanics that i may have to change the rings of the piston.But i was also told that may be impossible to get an original spare part of it. Please i will be grateful if any one could tell me where to get it.
Re: I Have Been Duped by Onwan: 7:09pm On Apr 02, 2010
@Poster
Go and change the engine.
Re: I Have Been Duped by sultaan(m): 7:53pm On Apr 02, 2010
toptop:

i apologize for my absence, it was due to reasons beyond my control. I thank you guys for all your comments. contrary to most of your opinions, ie that i use cheap oil, that is not true. i use mobil sealed oil even for my gen set. how much more for the car i bought 1.1m.
However, i have made contacts and i was adviced by some mechanics that i may have to change the rings of the piston.But i was also told that may be impossible to get an original spare part of it. Please i will be grateful if any one could tell me where to get it.

I am repeating these questions again, if you don't have the answer to all, then get ready to spend a bunch of money on a car you will still sell off.

Your mech might know more about cars than you do, now it up to you to show you know something about what is going on.
Note I didn't ask for brand need exact numbers/spec on the oil.

@ poster,
What is the color of your engine oil?
Howmany times have you done your oil change(with filter)?
What weight and type of engine oil did you use?

Your check engine light has been on for a while, what code did your mechanic pull before he diagnosed it as "a serious engine fault"?
Re: I Have Been Duped by Onwan: 8:00pm On Apr 02, 2010
@Sultaan

How are you?, been trying to hook up with you. Do you have a diagnostic tool for sale?, what does it cover and how much?
Re: I Have Been Duped by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 03, 2010
I THINK I SHOULD POST SOMETHING LIKE " I HAVE BEEN CHEATED, OTHERS CAN AFFORD TO BUY A RANGE SPORTS AND I AM TRYING TO BUY A GOLF 1" WHATS WRONG WITH THIS GUY, YOU WANT NL TO GIVE YOU A COOKIE BECOS YOU JUST REALIZED THAT YOUR ENGINE IS FAULTY AFTER ONE YEAR, HOW ARE WE SURE YOU HAVE BEEN DOING THE ENGINE RIGHT FOR THIS PAST ONE YEAR
Re: I Have Been Duped by GeorgeD1(m): 12:35pm On Apr 03, 2010
toptop,
which type of mobil oil have you been using and what is the frequency of your oil change out?
Re: I Have Been Duped by chelseabmw(m): 2:11pm On Apr 03, 2010
I told ur guys [b][/b]
Re: I Have Been Duped by weyreypey: 9:24pm On Aug 09, 2018
hmm gazzuzz
toptop:
i apologize for my absence, it was due to reasons beyond my control. I thank you guys for all ur comments. contrary to most of your opinions, ie that i use cheap oil, that is not true. i use mobil sealed oil even for my gen set. how much more for the car i bought 1.1m.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ever Heard Of The Toyota RAV4 Electric? / Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today / The 2016 Mercedes-benz GLE Coupe Or The 2015 BMW X6?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.