Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,122 members, 7,811,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

I Need Help For My Chicken - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Need Help For My Chicken (816 Views)

What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) / What Could Be The Cause Of My Chicken's Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help For My Chicken by macfako(m): 6:35am On Dec 03, 2017
Good morning great nairalander,, please I need you advice. My chicken are dieing overnight, and the only symptom the previous day is that they can't start up, but they can still do other things, and when they are dead the body will turn green.
House please I you experience to avoid the impending danger. The youngest is 3 months' old with a very good weight.
Re: I Need Help For My Chicken by Chinks(m): 8:36am On Dec 03, 2017
Your birds might be suffering from coccidiosis. Observe the faeces whether you would find blood. Endeavour to change your litter if it is wet/dirty. Buy coccidiostat from a reliable vet store.
Re: I Need Help For My Chicken by Chinks(m): 8:40am On Dec 03, 2017
Please look out for other symptoms and post here for us.... If possible, you can upload some pictures.
Re: I Need Help For My Chicken by adisabarber(m): 9:18am On Dec 03, 2017
What is the colour of their poop. What position do you find them when they die? Upside down, sideways or just like they are sleeping?

macfako:
Good morning great nairalander,, please I need you advice. My chicken are dieing overnight, and the only symptom the previous day is that they can't start up, but they can still do other things, and when they are dead the body will turn green.
House please I you experience to avoid the impending danger. The youngest is 3 months' old with a very good weight.
Re: I Need Help For My Chicken by macfako(m): 10:46am On Dec 03, 2017
adisabarber:
What is the colour of their poop. What position do you find them when they die? Upside down, sideways or just like they are sleeping?

Just like they are sleeping
Re: I Need Help For My Chicken by macfako(m): 10:50am On Dec 03, 2017
Chinks:
Please look out for other symptoms and post here for us.... If possible, you can upload some pictures.

Okay but I don't have any picture of that now
Maybe later if I observe that again
Re: I Need Help For My Chicken by macfako(m): 10:52am On Dec 03, 2017
Chinks:
Your birds might be suffering from coccidiosis. Observe the faeces whether you would find blood. Endeavour to change your litter if it is wet/dirty. Buy coccidiostat from a reliable vet store.
My vet doctor was here somdays ago. He also advise on what to do but to no avail
Re: I Need Help For My Chicken by oluloveme: 10:56am On Dec 03, 2017
Sorry for your troubles.

But, The info is.not enough!

Please give more info, what type of birds; broiler, Cockrell, layers etc.
How many birds?

You mentioned the " youngest is 3 months old,... meaning you have different sets put together?

What system are you operating, deep-litter, battery cage?

Please give more info so we can help you.
Re: I Need Help For My Chicken by sammorad(m): 3:05am On Dec 13, 2017
macfako:

@ Macfako, just ran into your post, i feel for you, after spending so much to raise them for good 3 months. My advice might be late but I feel it will help in case of next time.

From the conversation thread, I suspect Newcastle disease or some multiple infection that our birds are exposed to due to a break in our bio-security.

Next time you keep broilers for that long, ensure you administer Lasota vaccine fortnightly, if after doing this there is an issue you cannot identify, combine a good multivitamin + anticoc + antibiotics ( for anticoc, I normally use dt containing vit k3 and for antibiotics I use those containing amoxitin)

Please ensure you also watch withdrawal period on the drugs to ensure safety for human consumption.

All the best.
Re: I Need Help For My Chicken by macfako(m): 6:57am On Dec 13, 2017
sammorad:

@ Macfako, just ran into your post, i feel for you, after spending so much to raise them for good 3 months. My advice might be late but I feel it will help in case of next time.

From the conversation thread, I suspect Newcastle disease or some multiple infection that our birds are exposed to due to a break in our bio-security.

Thanks alot. You are completely right. I have administer all what you said which was given by my vet doctor. And the mortality rate has reduce. But because we did not observe on time, we still have some that are going down to at lower rate.

Next time you keep broilers for that long, ensure you administer Lasota vaccine fortnightly, if after doing this there is an issue you cannot identify, combine a good multivitamin + anticoc + antibiotics ( for anticoc, I normally use dt containing vit k3 and for antibiotics I use those containing amoxitin)

Please ensure you also watch withdrawal period on the drugs to ensure safety for human consumption.

All the best.
Re: I Need Help For My Chicken by macfako(m): 7:01am On Dec 13, 2017
sammorad:

All the best.
thanks alot brother. I have done all these and is getting better. Once again thanks alot for your concern.

(1) (Reply)

Acres Of Farmland At Abule-ojo Village 10minutes From Ogere @ #300k/acre! / Experience A New Form Of Integrated Farming System / Orobor Broiler Feed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.