Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,710 members, 7,809,694 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

HND/BSC Dichotomy: Help A Brother - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / HND/BSC Dichotomy: Help A Brother (826 Views)

Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy / FG Approves Abolition Of HND/BSC Dichotomy / May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HND/BSC Dichotomy: Help A Brother by WordMetrix(m): 9:22am On Dec 03, 2017
It gets me irked each time the issue of HND/Bsc dichotomy springs. This is because among all my folks who are Bsc holders, I haven't seen any who outsmarts me in the interlectual temple. I would need to tell you I graduated from the Polytechnic to know I really did. Truth is that there's nothing inferior about me when placed in the same frontier with University graduates. As a matter of fact, I have helped a lot of them with their course work and so non of them can underestimate me as far as interlectualism is concerned.
The irony, however, is how society has labelled every Polytechnic graduate an "underdog" in contrast to their University counterparts. I have seen lots of the so-called "uni-perialists" who couldn't construct a simple sentence, yet the society keeps branding them "demigods" over Polytechnic folks.
I have exhausted all options trying so hard to avoid being rude in my choice of words venting my frustrations, but each time I tried to, it eats me down to the spine. I don't see myself as inferior to any Bsc holder, but the fact that they are trying so hard to force it down our throats to accept this "false paradigm" is worrisome.
What do I do then? Should I lock myself up and lament my "misfortunes" or wake up and do something? This thought keeps navigating my mind time and time again.
By nature, I hate lagging behind. I hate asking for help when indeed I can use my hands to work. This gave me the impetus to keep going in the midst of storms after my service year. I had initially committed myself to a productive venture that would exude my self-sufficiency after NYSC. To be precise, I bought a motorcycle for commercials from the little savings I kept during my service year, but just in the nick of time, a car rammed into my brother who was riding the bike killing him and the passenger he was carrying. They both died at the spot living the bike in a sorry state. I couldn't help but used the little I saved for burial rites. Now I am left with nothing.
I applied for my Post Graduate studies in ABU Zaria and was among those who successfully passed the screening exercise. Admission will be out any time from now but I absolutely don't have money for the tuition fee. My hope was on this year's N-power scheme, unfortunately, I wasn't shortlisted. Up till now, I am still wondering whether all that was required to be shortlisted is more than one's grade and BVN requirements.
That aside, I am soliciting for your help to go back to school. I seriously need you to help me bridge this gap. I am depressed seeing that after graduating with a 3.07 CGPA, I still haven't laid my hands on any job. All the vacancies I applied for went into oblivion. I am beginning to think it's actually because I am a HND holder. Maybe the "degree" construct is the element I need to emancipate myself from the claws of discrimination which has held bound the labour market. Please help me achieve this. Help me in any possible way you can and God will bless you. Thanks in anticipation!

Lala/Mods, please help me get this to the front page.
Re: HND/BSC Dichotomy: Help A Brother by pyramid007(m): 3:08pm On Dec 03, 2017
WordMetrix:
It gets me irked each time the issue of HND/Bsc dichotomy springs. This is because among all my folks who are Bsc holders, I haven't seen any who outsmarts me in the interlectual temple. I would need to tell you I graduated from the Polytechnic to know I really did. Truth is that there's nothing inferior about me when placed in the same frontier with University graduates. As a matter of fact, I have helped a lot of them with their course work and so non of them can underestimate me as far as interlectualism is concerned.
The irony, however, is how society has labelled every Polytechnic graduate an "underdog" in contrast to their University counterparts. I have seen lots of the so-called "uni-perialists" who couldn't construct a simple sentence, yet the society keeps branding them "demigods" over Polytechnic folks.
I have exhausted all options trying so hard to avoid being rude in my choice of words venting my frustrations, but each time I tried to, it eats me down to the spine. I don't see myself as inferior to any Bsc holder, but the fact that they are trying so hard to force it down our throats to accept this "false paradigm" is worrisome.
What do I do then? Should I lock myself up and lament my "misfortunes" or wake up and do something? This thought keeps navigating my mind time and time again.
By nature, I hate lagging behind. I hate asking for help when indeed I can use my hands to work. This gave me the impetus to keep going in the midst of storms after my service year. I had initially committed myself to a productive venture that would exude my self-sufficiency after NYSC. To be precise, I bought a motorcycle for commercials from the little savings I kept during my service year, but just in the nick of time, a car rammed into my brother who was riding the bike killing him and the passenger he was carrying. They both died at the spot living the bike in a sorry state. I couldn't help but used the little I saved for burial rites. Now I am left with nothing.
I applied for my Post Graduate studies in ABU Zaria and was among those who successfully passed the screening exercise. Admission will be out any time from now but I absolutely don't have money for the tuition fee. My hope was on this year's N-power scheme, unfortunately, I wasn't shortlisted. Up till now, I am still wondering whether all that was required to be shortlisted is more than one's grade and BVN requirements.
That aside, I am soliciting for your help to go back to school. I seriously need you to help me bridge this gap. I am depressed seeing that after graduating with a 3.07 CGPA, I still haven't laid my hands on any job. All the vacancies I applied for went into oblivion. I am beginning to think it's actually because I am a HND holder. Maybe the "degree" construct is the element I need to emancipate myself from the claws of discrimination which has held bound the labour market. Please help me achieve this. Help me in any possible way you can and God will bless you. Thanks in anticipation!

My Brother...your words are so touching...But I will Advice If you should try to engage in any skill that will fetch you money... Instead of you seeking for white collar's Job...I believe when the time comes God will remember you for Good.Your time will come and you will shine.Thanks
WordMetrix:

WordMetrix:

My Brother...your words are so touching...But I will Advice If you should try to engage in any skill that will fetch you money... Instead of you seeking for white collar's Job...I believe when the time comes God will remember you for Good.Your time will come and you will shine.Thanks
Re: HND/BSC Dichotomy: Help A Brother by excess4luv: 3:32pm On Dec 03, 2017
try as much as you can to erase this mindset of HND holding you down.
that said, it's not time to lament rather to explore all opportunities within you. Do you have a skill? do you have passion for anything doing? if yes, then harness it.
Soliciting for fund to run your PGD wouldn't help you in the long-run, you may get frustrated.
Get a teaching job within your location and get yourself busy.

God is still God and doing Good.
Re: HND/BSC Dichotomy: Help A Brother by WordMetrix(m): 5:02pm On Dec 03, 2017
pyramid007:

Thanks bro. It's not as if I'm busy idling around. As a matter of fact, I'm into tutorials, mainly with HND students. What destabilized me is the accident that wrecked my bike. At a point I had to spend what I've been saving on admission process- from purchasing form to exam fee and so many other logistics those who have been there can relate. If the school can understand with me, I can pay my tuition in installments. I've never been a lazy type and will never be. Just that things ain't going my way right now.
Re: HND/BSC Dichotomy: Help A Brother by WordMetrix(m): 5:13pm On Dec 03, 2017
excess4luv:
try as much as you can to erase this mindset of HND holding you down.
that said, it's not time to lament rather to explore all opportunities within you. Do you have a skill? do you have passion for anything doing? if yes, then harness it.
Soliciting for fund to run your PGD wouldn't help you in the long-run, you may get frustrated.
Get a teaching job within your location and get yourself busy.

God is still God and doing Good.
I actually have a skill. I teach, I sew clothes I do menial jobs. But the thing is that I stopped all these to pursue my education.
Re: HND/BSC Dichotomy: Help A Brother by excess4luv: 8:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
WordMetrix:

I actually have a skill. I teach, I sew clothes I do menial jobs. But the thing is that I stopped all these to pursue my education.

go back to the things you used to do, let the Pgd not deter you from engaging in income avenues. I'm also a PGD student doing some part time jobs to foot bills.
remain resolute and pursue your dream.
Re: HND/BSC Dichotomy: Help A Brother by WordMetrix(m): 8:27pm On Dec 03, 2017
excess4luv:

go back to the things you used to do, let the Pgd not deter you from engaging in income avenues. I'm also a PGD student doing some part time jobs to foot bills.
remain resolute and pursue your dream.
I'll try, thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Advice A Fresh Law Graduate Of A Nigerian University / Pls Help O, I Can't Get My Jamb Pin. / Lasu Postgraduate Admission List Details | 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.