Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,912 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? (7399 Views)

Is Cross Rivers Landmass Bigger Than South East Region? / Is North West Really Buhari Stronghold / North Richer Than South West Because South West Lives On Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Guestlander: 6:51pm On Dec 03, 2017
Ngokafor:

I dont know when these myopic youths on nairaland will stop this foolishness of 'my head is bigger than yours..

Lagos is the smallest state in Nigeria,yet its the richest and most viable...Japan,Singapore,Switzerland are all much smaller than Nigeria,yet Nigeria is a billion times poorer than these country and can be classified as a huge IDP camp.

You lots had better quit disgracing yourselves here and use your brains(if you have any) to better your environment to a World-Class one.

Iboland is a fraction of the size of Yorbaland. You can yap all the grammar you want to yap and that fact will not change.
Your rationale is even wrong considering the fact that the economy of the SE is also negligible compared with other regions.

7 Likes

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by internationalman(m): 7:31pm On Dec 03, 2017
afonjaheadhunt:
Heya still crying? grin
Stand alone you say? I am only telling you the stakeholders to the Land you claim, benin's are mere tenants in that edo state, the real benin land is that part that was fenced with benin dead bodies, i think the size should be around one Acre or Something the size of 3 football pitch which currently happens to be the obas palace, so make no mistake i am not famzing like you odudua descendant.

Why will yoruba or any of the other stakeholders claim to have land in edo state when they know it is not under any dispute, when benin tries that rubbish with afonja or any of the other stakeholders then you will see that the Ijaw recolonization of benin land will be a joke compared to the wrath of Igbos or afonjas. grin grin grin Unlike benin's, If benin people really owned gelegele the will not be carrying ply cards and crying allover the cyber space for help from their Ijaw Lords tongue like they are doing today.

Go to Gelegele and tell the Ijaw man that he reckons that it is bini land and see if Skull mining afonjas will not be pricing the remnants of your decapitated body parts from the Ijaw land owners.

You all live in peace because you have accepted Ijaws as your lords and masters in the Niger delta and riverine afonja land, i thought benin's use to claim warriors, why have they suddenly lost their voice, today the Oba of benin is a modern day slave to fulani herdsmen just to use federal might to steal gelegele land from Ijaws, however Ijaws are Battle ready can the same be said of benin's coward? grin grin grin

By Ipob i guess you mean Igbo's? if yes, then that is because Igbo's fear No man and go to war with death to find life, however if you really meant Ipob you can refer that question to Ipoblogic, he is very sound and will provide a very wise answer that could save the annihilation of benin land. Ijawslave. grin grin grin
Who has d time to read this story.

5 Likes

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Sanchez01: 7:33pm On Dec 03, 2017
The level of insecurities in landmasses between the East and the West is mind boggling and unbelievable that it should not call for debates in the first place.

Oyo state alone is 28,454 km²

Abia state is 6,320 km²
Enugu state is 7,161 km²
Imo state is 5,530 km²
Anambra state is 4,844 km²
Ebonyi state is 5,533 km²

The totality of the five South Eastern states would give us 29388 km², just 934 km² more than Oyo state. Interestingly, Lagos is just 999.6 km², which means Lagos and Oyo is bigger than the five South Eastern states combined.

Sadly, the lust for land mass should not call for debate, rather, developmental growth and generated revenues should be the key focus and the topic for discussion.

Being the smallest region with the smallest land mass in the country, one would think developmental strides would be in top gear in the East but this is not to be. There are so many undeveloped areas and local governments far more than developed ones in all five states and no one seems to be saying a thing.

Lagos, regardless of its size is the most economic viable state in the country. Ironically, it is still being dragged and claimed by those who believe the travelling distance between Anambra alone is far longer than the whole of Oyo.

Being geographically small should be an advantage as it should see to quicker developmental achievements but this is just the opposite for the South East region where governors do nothing and claim their states is in the hands of God. No developments of some sort, the region still ranks top as the least region with internally generated revenues and all every half baked Ikenna, Amadi and Emeka is concerned with is a dick measuring contest between dreams and reality. You wonder why the old men in power cannot relinquish power... The answer is simply on this thread.

13 Likes

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Sanchez01: 7:35pm On Dec 03, 2017
Sprumbabafather:
What I think happened was, that in the days of none or limited data, the Lagos-Ibadan press so much hyped the south west till everyone on both sides started to believe the lies about the large size of the SW in comparison to the size of the SE and SS.

This same pattern played out in population census and figures. The SW will lie till the devil is shocked grin

Thank God for the Internet and the way it has opened our eyes.
The SS is bigger than the SE, land mass wise. I see no reason why you guys lump yourselves to be one with the SS when issues like this come up.

6 Likes

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by derealj(m): 7:45pm On Dec 03, 2017
Fine Oyo state is bigger than the whole Nigeria you people should go and collect award.
Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Guestlander: 7:48pm On Dec 03, 2017
derealj:
Fine Oyo state is bigger than the whole Nigeria you people should go and collect award.

Hehehehe...shoebox. I can jog the entire length and width of the southeast in a matter of hours.

3 Likes

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by derealj(m): 7:57pm On Dec 03, 2017
Guestlander:

Hehehehe...shoebox. I can jog the entire length and width of the southeast in a matter of hours.
My problem with Yoruba people is that they will sit somewhere in Ogbomoso and know about everywhere.
South west big as if no be this southwest I dey right now. South west is not just that big and extremely underdeveloped. Can't wait to leave this Ibadan slum
Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by chibuzorAbia: 7:58pm On Dec 03, 2017
Guestlander:

You wan kill person with laughter?
Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Guestlander: 7:59pm On Dec 03, 2017
derealj:

My problem with Yoruba people is that they will sit somewhere in Ogbomoso and know about everywhere.
South west big as if no be this southwest I dey right now. South west is not just that big and extremely underdeveloped. Can't wait to leave this Ibadan slum

Better hurry up and leave Ibadan, we welcome all reasonable Nigerians to replace you.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Aquariann: 8:03pm On Dec 03, 2017
arinze2015:
Bro l think you are wrong ,from Ibadan to owode in oyo town is 30minutes ,why from owode oyo town to Bowen teaching hospital ogbomoso is 2hrs

While from Onitsha to uli is 40minutes from Onitsha to Awka is 2hrs

Well done bros... 2 hours to cover a 41km distance abi? On bicycle abi? Meanwhile, only a fourthnight back, I did Onitsha-Abakaliki in 2hr-30..

And for your info, the measurement being talked about here is not done by time spent on the road but by total landmass.

6 Likes

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Toay(m): 8:08pm On Dec 03, 2017
Clear

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Ngokafor(f): 8:46pm On Dec 03, 2017
Guestlander:

Iboland is a fraction of the size of Yorbaland. You can yap all the grammar you want to yap and that fact will not change.
Your rationale is even wrong considering the fact that the economy of the SE is also negligible compared with other regions.

MY rationale is spot on to normal people...Only abnormal people will find something wrong with it..
Yorubaland is 100 times bigger than Igboland yet poverty and shitt-flinging in nylon bags are the order of the day in your SW....How is the standard of living of the Yorubaman better than Igbos??..How kwanu?..Abeg carry your rubbish useless 'head measuring' self out of my sight biko like it will put badly needed food on your tables...Nonsense.
Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Guestlander: 8:52pm On Dec 03, 2017
Ngokafor:

MY rationale is spot on to normal people...Only abnormal people will find something wrong with it..
Yorubaland is 100 times bigger than Igboland yet poverty and shitt-flinging in nylon bags are the order of the day in your SW....How is the standard of living of the Yorubaman better than Igbos??..How kwanu?..Abeg carry your rubbish useless 'head measuring' self out of my sight biko like it will put badly need food on your tables...Nonsense.

The people who defecate in the nylon bags are obviously ibos who live in their 4×4 shops all over Yorubaland. Since most shops do not have toilet facilities, where do these people dispose their wastes? Eat them? Keep them in a cooler for later disposal? Send them back to the SE by courier?

Yeye dey smell.

9 Likes

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by CrtlAltDel: 8:54pm On Dec 03, 2017
Sprumbabafather:
[s]What I think happened was, that in the days of none or limited data, the Lagos-Ibadan press so much hyped the south west till everyone on both sides started to believe the lies about the large size of the SW in comparison to the size of the SE and SS.

This same pattern played out in population census and figures. The SW will lie till the devil is shocked grin

Thank God for the Internet and the way it has opened our eyes[/s].
Show your parents this your comment and come back and tell us their reaction /feedback…. I am sure this thing you are suffering from cant be hereditary grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Ngokafor(f): 8:56pm On Dec 03, 2017
Guestlander:

The people who defecate in the nylon bags are obviously ibos who live in their 4×4 shops all over Yorubaland. Since most shop do not have toilet facilities where do these people dispose their wastes? Eat them?

Guy get lost please...Take your senseless talk to those who has time for foolishness cos i dont..so kindly get lost.
Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Guestlander: 9:01pm On Dec 03, 2017
Ngokafor:

Guy get lost please...Take your senseless talk to those who has time for foolishness cos i dont..so kindly get lost.

Don't you want to talk about flinging shit anymore? I know you people more than you can imagine.
Now run along, I wouldn't like to trash a girl.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Ngokafor(f): 9:11pm On Dec 03, 2017
Guestlander:

Don't you want to talk about flinging shit anymore? I know you people more than you can imagine.
Now run along, I wouldn't like to trash a girl.

.And you think i dont know your people with their stinky ways?..The nylon thingy is as real as it gets in SW..Guy dont flatter yourself okay??..I normally do not suffer fools lightly.Especially empty-heads who think they can bully me to submissiion..Check my post history...That i chose not to respond to you further is bacause i dont feel like right now..

Besides,its stuppid when citizens of two regions in a backward country like Nigeria trades words on who is better..in their backwardness undecided...You might relish such silliness..but i dont..so go away and quit polluting my mentions with your presence...bye.
Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Guestlander: 9:19pm On Dec 03, 2017
Ngokafor:

.And you think i dont know your people with their stinky ways?..The nylon thingy is as real as it gets in SW..Guy dont flatter yourself okay??..I normally do not suffer fools lightly.Especially empty-heads who think they can bully me to submissiion..Check my post history...That i chose not to respond to you further is bacause i dont feel like right now..

Besides,its stuppid when citizens of two regions in a backward country like Nigeria trades words on who is better..in their backwardness undecided...You might relish such silliness..but i dont..so go away and quit polluting my mentions.

I know it is real and mostly done by ibos. If you are in Yorubaland you were probably raised in one of those shops and you are probably quite adept at flinging sh.it yourself.
Fools like you don't shake me one bit because you don't have what it takes, not in a thousand years.
People like you stand by and even give tacit support to your more retarde.d brothers and then try to take a moral high ground.
Who do you think are fooling with your vacuous analysis? I will be on the lookout for you when you are ready.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by derealj(m): 9:50pm On Dec 03, 2017
Owerri1stSon:

Yes but, they their lands are big and wide for nothing. Brownish soil, rusted roofs, dirty and smelly girls with smelly pu**y, you know what I mean.
IgboAmaka
Those people lifestyle just tire me. Very lazy and dirty set of people. U will think the land mass they are dragging is giving them money. You will see able bodied people begging you for money. Abeg they should carry the land mass it's a curse.
Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Guestlander: 9:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
derealj:

Those people lifestyle just tire me. Very lazy and dirty set of people. U will think the land mass they are dragging is giving them money. You will see able bodied people begging you for money. Abeg they should carry the land mass it's a curse.

3rd largest economy in Africa is not achieved by chest beating like a mountain gorilla, it is made made possible by hardworking omoluabis and other hardworking Nigerians except the criminals. The downside is criminals and gala hawkers trying to claim what is not theirs.

8 Likes

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by derealj(m): 9:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
Aquariann:

Well done bros... 2 hours to cover a 41km distance abi? On bicycle abi? Meanwhile, only a fourthnight back, I did Onitsha-Abakaliki in 2hr-30..

And for your info, the measurement being talked about here is not done by time spent on the road but by total landmass.
Lol I know why this topic is paining you people is because the distances between the four cardinal points in each of the regions is almost the same but relax we know you people have a lot of waste land inside but it is useless because it's unproductive tongue tongue
Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Cjrane2: 9:59pm On Dec 03, 2017
PVision2020:
Anambra = 4,844km²
Abia. = 6,320km²
Ebonyi. = 5,533 km²
Imo. = 5,530Km²
Enugu. = 7,161km²
TOTAL. = 23,858Km²

Oyo state = 28,454km²

Google is your friend for verifications.

Kabiyesi,
Why do you people enjoy lies so much?

We know the landmass of Nigerian states and we know the 5 southeastern states (29,525km²) are bigger than Oyo state.

We also know that Niger State is bigger than the Western Region.
If you added Lagos to Western Region, yet it's only very slightly bigger than Niger State.
Mind you, half of Lagos is water. If put only actual land mass of Lagos, Niger State is still bigger!

Now Face the facts and stop playing childish games!

2 Likes

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Cjrane2: 10:04pm On Dec 03, 2017
Niger State is 76,363km² is bigger than entire Yorubaland
Oyo State = 28,454km²
Ogun State. = 16,762m²
Ondo State = 15,500km²
Osun State = 9,251km²
Ekiti State = 6,353km²
and
Lagos State = 3,345km²

1 Like

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Owerri1stSon: 10:15pm On Dec 03, 2017
internationalman:
My Edo State is bigger than Anambra, Imo and Enugu combined.

Your Edo with stalk illiterates and dilapidated roads and buildings. The worst state in south south.
Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by internationalman(m): 11:45pm On Dec 03, 2017
Owerri1stSon:

Your Edo with stalk illiterates and dilapidated roads and buildings. The worst state in south south.
Mr professor that doesn't excuse for the fact that Edo state is bigger than 3 major ipob state.

5 Likes

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Guestlander: 11:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
Cjrane2:
Niger State is 76,363km² is bigger than entire Yorubaland
Oyo State = 28,454km²
Ogun State. = 16,762m²
Ondo State = 15,500km²
Osun State = 9,251km²
Ekiti State = 6,353km²
and
Lagos State = 3,345km²

42 Aba will fit comfortably inside Ibadan.
58 Onitsha will fit inside Ibadan.

5 Likes

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by PVision2020(m): 12:29am On Dec 04, 2017
Cjrane2:

Kabiyesi,
Why do you people enjoy lies so much?

We know the landmass of Nigerian states and we know the 5 southeastern states (29,525km²) are bigger than Oyo state.

We also know that Niger State is bigger than the Western Region.
If you added Lagos to Western Region, yet it's only very slightly bigger than Niger State.
Mind you, half of Lagos is water. If put only actual land mass of Lagos, Niger State is still bigger!

Now Face the facts and stop playing childish games!
kikikikikikiki.... the fact is your 5 eastern esusu villages is about the size of Oyo state alone. deal with that and save us this lamentation

7 Likes

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by PVision2020(m): 12:44am On Dec 04, 2017
Ngokafor:

Yorubaland is 100 times bigger than Igboland yet poverty and shitt-flinging in nylon bags are the order of the day in your SW....How is the standard of living of the Yorubaman better than Igbos??..How kwanu?..Abeg carry your rubbish useless 'head measuring' self out of my sight biko like it will put badly needed food on your tables...Nonsense.
Lols...yet Igbo's keep deserting their erosion ravaged, landlocked, desolate and barren land for the "poverty stricken" west. The joke is on you girl.
Standard of living Kwanu...lols

4 Likes

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by omololu2020(m): 2:02am On Dec 04, 2017
Ngokafor:

Besides,its stuppid when citizens of two regions in a backward country like Nigeria trades words on who is better..in their backwardness undecided...You might relish such silliness..but i dont..so go away and quit polluting my mentions with your presence...bye.
most of you go just dey talk nonsense on the internet.
The south east is this develop yet most of you yeebos run to other regions to live and work
Foolish people

6 Likes

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Duru1(m): 2:13am On Dec 04, 2017
Guestlander:

Who decided where Igbo land stated and ended? Or are you schooled on Igbo land through the idiotic maps produced by adversaries? No wonder Nigeria is perpetually behind of development.
Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Duru1(m): 2:17am On Dec 04, 2017
Dalek:
Modaran, denial is a psychological problem

I guess you are not convinced that your so-called SE is equal to Igbo land

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wole Olanikpekun Will Do Justice To The Osun Tribunal Judgement @ Higher Court / Full Text Of Governor Ayade's Speech During His Swearing In Ceremony Today. / Fayemi: I Will Tackle Insecurity, Unemployment, Epileptic Power Supply, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.