Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? (7402 Views)

Is Cross Rivers Landmass Bigger Than South East Region? / Is North West Really Buhari Stronghold / North Richer Than South West Because South West Lives On Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by derealj(m): 12:48pm On Dec 03, 2017
There has been a lot of argument on the size of South west in relation to that of South East and some claim that Oyo alone is bigger than the whole south east. Let me say that someone people who make this claim in the west have never left Yorubaland but as An easterner who have traversed the east and to a large extent the west, I know how long I spent on the way. So let's make some comparisons from Google Map.

From Lagos the southern most part of the west to Kishi the northern most part is 367km and takes 6hr 7mins to drive between the two.
From Akwete the southern most part of the East to Ete the northern most part is 291km and takes 5hr 25mins to drive between them.
From Lagos still the western most part of the west to Ifon the eastern most part is still 367km and it takes 5hr 4mins to drive thru them.
From Ogbaru the western most part of the East to Iboko the eastern most part is 246km and takes 4hr 30mins to drive between the two points .
So brethren the West might be bigger than the East but I don't think it's that much.

3 Likes

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by madridguy(m): 12:49pm On Dec 03, 2017
Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Danladi7: 12:53pm On Dec 03, 2017
grin
wailing and inferiority complex

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Sprumbabafather: 12:53pm On Dec 03, 2017
What I think happened was, that in the days of none or limited data, the Lagos-Ibadan press so much hyped the south west till everyone on both sides started to believe the lies about the large size of the SW in comparison to the size of the SE and SS.

This same pattern played out in population census and figures. The SW will lie till the devil is shocked grin

Thank God for the Internet and the way it has opened our eyes.

23 Likes

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
Is this about how Yoruba is better than Igbo or Hausa? Please you can do that any other day lets enjoy today wey be Sunday abeg.

Happy Sunday Sabbath Day smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Sprumbabafather: 12:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
Danladi7:
grin

wailing and inferiority complex

Face the topic of your small south west.

8 Likes

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Lifestone(m): 12:57pm On Dec 03, 2017
Bro this link will solve your hallucinations
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/States_of_Nigeria
The entire 6 states in South East is about the size of only Oyo State in SW
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_area

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Mynd44: 1:00pm On Dec 03, 2017
Stress. By landmass, the entire SE will conveniently fit into Oyo state.

The entire SW minus Lagos will enter Niger state.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Sprumbabafather: 1:01pm On Dec 03, 2017
Mynd44:

And your only proof is that you are a mod and should know better grin Don't ban me o, am only saying the truth.

9 Likes

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by derealj(m): 1:02pm On Dec 03, 2017
[quote author=Lifestone post=62939761]Bro this link will solve your hallucinations

Oga see the facts at hand. If that's true then why is the distance between their four Cardinal points almost the same??

1 Like

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Sprumbabafather: 1:03pm On Dec 03, 2017
Lifestone:
Bro this link will solve your hallucinations
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_area

Google vs Wikipedia?

I vote for Google earth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Lifestone(m): 1:04pm On Dec 03, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

And your only proof is that you are a mod and should know better grin Don't ban me o, am only saying the truth.
But he is very correct and factual

8 Likes

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Lifestone(m): 1:07pm On Dec 03, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

Google vs Wikipedia?

I vote for Google earth.
But not only wikipedia, these are facts allover the place
Your logic is flawed. It would only work if those dimensions are regular.

10 Likes

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Sprumbabafather: 1:09pm On Dec 03, 2017
Lifestone:

But not only wikipedia, these are facts allover the place
Your logic is flawed. It would only work if those dimensions are regular.

Did you measure the map with your tape rule?

1 Like

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by internationalman(m): 1:09pm On Dec 03, 2017
My Edo State is bigger than Anambra, Imo and Enugu combined.

20 Likes

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Sprumbabafather: 1:10pm On Dec 03, 2017
internationalman:
My Edo State is bigger than Anambra, Imo and Enugu combined.

Who friggn cares?

1 Like

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by internationalman(m): 1:11pm On Dec 03, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

Who friggn cares?
The person who asked the question cares.

22 Likes

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by PVision2020(m): 1:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
Anambra = 4,844km²
Abia. = 6,320km²
Ebonyi. = 5,533 km²
Imo. = 5,530Km²
Enugu. = 7,161km²
TOTAL. = 29,358Km²

Oyo state = 28,454km²

Google is your friend for verifications.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Sprumbabafather: 1:14pm On Dec 03, 2017
PVision2020:
Anambra = 4,844km²
Abia. = 6,320km²
Ebonyi. = 5,533 km²
Imo. = 5,530Km²
Enugu. = 7,161km²
TOTAL. = 23,858Km²

Oyo state = 28,454km²

Google is your friend for verifications.

Look at the Google map up there and stop pulling your own data from your anus grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by derealj(m): 1:14pm On Dec 03, 2017
Mynd44:

I know the south west is larger than the east but I doubt that statement. Travel to the East and find out yourself. And am currently in the Almighty Oyo state self.
Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Mynd44: 1:16pm On Dec 03, 2017
derealj:

I know the south west is larger than the east but I doubt that statement. Travel to the East and find out yourself. And am currently in the Almighty Oyo state self.
When people go to Oyo, they mostly visit Ibadan and go home. You can spend almost 6 hours driving through Old Oyo.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by PVision2020(m): 1:18pm On Dec 03, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

Look at the Google map up there and stop pulling your own data from your anus grin
Boi, against fact there are no arguments. Check any where for verification, even the SE state websites and the fact will still be there.
I will be a fool to argue what is visible to the blind and audible to deaf with you.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Eggcelent(m): 1:20pm On Dec 03, 2017
Japan Is Much Smaller Than Nigeria. Yet, When It Comes To What Really Matters; Standard Of Living, Japan Is Several Times Ahead Of Nigeria. SIZE DOESN'T MATTER IF IT IS NOT PRODUCTIVELY HARNESSED.

10 Likes

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by derealj(m): 1:21pm On Dec 03, 2017
Mynd44:

When people go to Oyo, they mostly visit Ibadan and go home. You can spend almost 6 hours driving through Old Oyo.
Because of bad roads naa

4 Likes

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by PVision2020(m): 1:22pm On Dec 03, 2017
derealj:

Are you educated at all? cos educated folks don't argue with fact. Check any info about those state and their landmass and you'll put your lame argument to rest. We have Igbo Geography professors of repute and they have never refute the landmass of the east, so who are you to argue against fact?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by derealj(m): 1:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
Eggcelent:
Japan Is Much Smaller Than Nigeria. Yet, When It Comes To What Really Matters; Standard Of Living, Japan Is Several Times Ahead Of Nigeria. SIZE DOESN'T MATTER IF IT IS NOT PRODUCTIVELY HARNESSED.
You are correct but I just want to let these Westerners know that they can't just be underestimating the Size of the East.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Danladi7: 1:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

Face the topic of your small south west.

17 Likes

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by basmur(m): 1:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
SMH!

Sha no kill yourself over SW matter!

14 Likes

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by Kingspin(m): 1:26pm On Dec 03, 2017
Un-useful thread... Op use the straight to tackle bad governance.
Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by derealj(m): 1:26pm On Dec 03, 2017
PVision2020:

Are you educated at all? cos educated folks don't argue with fact. Check any info about those state and their landmass and you'll put your lame argument to rest. We have Igbo Geography professors of repute and they have never refute the landmass of the east, so who are you to argue against fact?

No am not educated am illiterate like Ibadan people.
Forget the sizes and look at the distances they are more accurate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The South West Really That Bigger Than South East? by basmur(m): 1:30pm On Dec 03, 2017
derealj:

You are correct but I just want to let these Westerners know that they can't just be underestimating the Size of the East.
Nobody is underestimating anything jooh
It's only in your clustered mind you thinking that.
What is bigger is bigger.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

House Of Reps Summons CBN, NNPC, Others / Senator Kanti Bello Attacks Akunyili At Screening / At last Al-mustapha Tenders Video Tape At A Lagos High Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.