Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,273 members, 7,836,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Do Jehovah's Witnesses Practice Tithing? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Jehovah's Witnesses Practice Tithing? (1096 Views)

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Jehovah's Witnesses Practice Tithing? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 03, 2017
This article belongs to www.jw.org

No, Jehovah’s Witnesses do not practice tithing; our work is financed by anonymous voluntary donations. What is a tithe, and why don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses practice tithing?

The commandment to tithe, or contribute a tenth of one’s belongings, was part of the Law given to the ancient nation of Israel. However, the Bible makes it clear that this Law—including the “commandment to collect tithes”—does not apply to Christians.—Hebrews 7:5, 18; Colossians 2:13, 14.

Rather than giving required tithes and offerings, Jehovah’s Witnesses imitate the early Christians and support their ministry in two ways: by performing their personal ministerial work without pay and by making voluntary donations.

We thus follow the Bible’s direction to Christians: “Let each one do just as he has resolved in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”—2 Corinthians 9:7.

1 Like

Re: Do Jehovah's Witnesses Practice Tithing? by Clonus: 2:01pm On Dec 03, 2017
Always supporting their beliefs with the scriptures. I love this people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Jehovah's Witnesses Practice Tithing? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
Clonus:
Always supporting their beliefs with the scriptures. I love this people

That's how Christianity is meant to be. True Christians must adhere to the Bible in all the teachings.

2 Timothy 3:16, 17 says "All scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work"
Re: Do Jehovah's Witnesses Practice Tithing? by Tampinu(m): 2:26pm On Dec 03, 2017
AgricSalt:
This article belongs to www.jw.org

No, Jehovah’s Witnesses do not practice tithing; our work is financed by anonymous voluntary donations. What is a tithe, and why don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses practice tithing?

The commandment to tithe, or contribute a tenth of one’s belongings, was part of the Law given to the ancient nation of Israel. However, the Bible makes it clear that this Law—including the “commandment to collect tithes”—does not apply to Christians.—Hebrews 7:5, 18; Colossians 2:13, 14.

Rather than giving required tithes and offerings, Jehovah’s Witnesses imitate the early Christians and support their ministry in two ways: by performing their personal ministerial work without pay and by making voluntary donations.

We thus follow the Bible’s direction to Christians: “Let each one do just as he has resolved in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”—2 Corinthians 9:7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3tNvCHHyJE

Re: Do Jehovah's Witnesses Practice Tithing? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 03, 2017
Re: Do Jehovah's Witnesses Practice Tithing? by Tampinu(m): 2:36pm On Dec 03, 2017
AgricSalt:

What is the point of your post?

The point is to show us that Haile Selassie I is the only foundation...Let us not be fooled by Foreign religion...see my page for more details...
And the point of your question is? shocked

If you dont want me to comment on your post, just say so and I promise to stay away. Peace wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=856KLlyN2_8
Re: Do Jehovah's Witnesses Practice Tithing? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 03, 2017
Tampinu:

The point is to show us that Haile Selassie I is the only foundation...Let us not be fooled by Foreign religion...see my page for more details...
And the point of your question is? shocked

If you dont want me to comment on your post, just say so and I promise to stay away. Peace wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=856KLlyN2_8

Oh well...

1. You have derailed from the topic of tithing

2. Would you say that the worship of The creator, Jehovah God is "foreign"? Because the bible has proved to be his word, and what we do we learn from it.

2 Likes

Re: Do Jehovah's Witnesses Practice Tithing? by Tampinu(m): 3:00pm On Dec 03, 2017
AgricSalt:

Oh well...

2. Would you say that the worship of The creator, Jehovah God is "foreign"? Because the bible has proved to be his word, and what we do we learn from it.

Thank you for the questions; in a question can a destiny be measured. A question shows humility on the part of the questioner, and expected knowledge on that of the questionee...hmmm cool

I have not derailed from the topic, for you and I are Africans; and Emperor Haile Selassie I has told us that we are in bondage for following foreign religion (Google Haile Selassie I on Spirituality).

Secondly, to worship Jehovah God is not foreign, however to do so according to the teachings, leanings and doctrine that is not originally African, is erroneous and dangerous.

I can be contacted if u need any further clarification.

Peace
Re: Do Jehovah's Witnesses Practice Tithing? by Tampinu(m): 3:07pm On Dec 03, 2017
AgricSalt:

Oh well...

Emperor Haile Selassie I on Spirituality:

"The temple of the most high begins with the human body, which houses our life, essence of our existence. Africans are in bondage today because they approach spirituality through Religion provided by foreign invaders and conquerors. We must stop confusing religion and spirituality. Religion is a set of rules, regulations and rituals created by humans which were supposed to help people grow spiritually.

Due to human imperfection religion has become corrupt, political, divisive and a tool for power struggle. Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is simply a way of life, pure and original as was given by the Most High. Spirituality is a network linking us to the Most High, the universe and each other. As the essence of our existence it embodies our culture, true identity, nationhood and destiny. A people without a nation they can really call their own is a people without a soul. Africa is our nation and is in spiritual and physical bondage because her leaders are turning to outside forces for solutions to African problems when everything Africa needs is within her. When African righteous people come together, the world will come together. This is our divine destiny".

Haile Selassie I of Ethiopia, 1960

Re: Do Jehovah's Witnesses Practice Tithing? by basmur(m): 4:00pm On Dec 03, 2017
who be this 'tampinu or what again'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Jehovah's Witnesses Practice Tithing? by Tampinu(m): 4:08pm On Dec 03, 2017
basmur:
who be this 'tampinu or what again'

Tampinu is one of the JAH Soul-jahs...
sorry but TRUTH is bitter

Do you say "Here comes trouble" when you read my comments? shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfeIfiiBTfY

Re: Do Jehovah's Witnesses Practice Tithing? by basmur(m): 4:14pm On Dec 03, 2017
Tampinu:

Tampinu is one of the JAH Soul-jahs... sorry but TRUTH is bitter
Do you say "Here comes trouble" when you read my comments? shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfeIfiiBTfY
who dash your monkey banana wey him come dey jubilate...
its not this kind of truth that hurts!! hmn
like all others, its strictly your belief.
BTW.. pls don tampinu again.
Re: Do Jehovah's Witnesses Practice Tithing? by Tampinu(m): 4:28pm On Dec 03, 2017
basmur:

BTW..
pls don tampinu again.

Na JAH dash my sinner Salvation, you cannot dictate what type of truth I should speak on a forum where the theme is Salvation and the OP has the choice to ask me not to comment but prefers to listen to the word of the living God, which penetrates all darkness and obstacles.

It is not my belief as I don't believe in anything. Ra'Star4Eye taught eye to know or know not. Believe has the word lie in between it and as I don't tell lies I try to eschew belief. I know or know not. And I know that RASTA is the way. Rev 2:17, Rev 3:12

Is it now the type of truth that hurts? Sorry to disappoint you but Jeezus is fake and the true saviour does not have blue eyes. Read Psalm 87, KJV.

I think I will continue to Tampinu for as long as the original owner of this post is willing and able to accommodate me.
Bless him. wink

Peace and Love

RASTAFARI cool

Re: Do Jehovah's Witnesses Practice Tithing? by Tampinu(m): 4:36pm On Dec 03, 2017
basmur:

BTW..
pls don tampinu again.

Galatians 4:16King James Version (KJV)

16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE_KhbiKr3c

(1) (Reply)

The Covenant Of Fruitfulness – Bishop David Abioye / Bisola Johnson,accuser Of T.B. Joshua Exposed In America / RCCG Sunday School Students Manual , Sunday 20th October, 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.