Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,401 members, 7,819,425 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Rabbit Farming In Nigeria And How To Start{ Pure Breed Rabbits Also Available } - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Rabbit Farming In Nigeria And How To Start{ Pure Breed Rabbits Also Available } (9591 Views)

Rabbit Farm: Pure Breed Rabbits For Sale At Exotic Rabbits Nigeria / Profitability Of Pig Farming In Nigeria / Start A Lucrative Business This Year(rabbit Farming) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rabbit Farming In Nigeria And How To Start{ Pure Breed Rabbits Also Available } by ssikiru: 2:08pm On Dec 03, 2017
Rabbit farming is one of the aspects of a successful agricultural business that you can be involved into. Over one million tons of rabbit meat is consumed every year. That`s a great source of income in Africa and especially in Nigeria. Moreover, rabbits can be used not only as meat, but a great source of fur, and you can even raise them to be home pets!

What is Rabbit Farming?

It`s a commercial rearing of rabbits, primary for sale purposes. You can breed them to sell their meat or fur but the fur aspect is not yet considered in NIGERIA. Rabbit Farming does not involve many expenses in the production of rabbits. Moreover, the nature of rabbits and their breeding preferences can certainly help a newbie in the business.

there are different breeds or spices of rabbit in the world but not all are available in nigeria

below are the common breeds you can easily get in nigeria

DUTCH - a small breed in all rabbit spices and its the most common breed u can easily ffind any rabbit farm or else if the farmer is practising commercial farming and the color is usually a combination of white and any other color like white nd black, white nd brown, white nd golden color, white nd grey e.t.c

CHINCHILLA -this breed can also be easily found in any rabbit farm in nigeria and there are different types of chinchilla namely : standard giant chinchilla, giant chinchilla.

NEW ZEALAND WHITE - this is also common in Nigeria but its so so difficult to get the pure breed. because so many farmers cross mate rabbits.....color is always white with redish or pinkish eye

NEW ZEALAND RED - the only difference here is the color...according to my own experience ....tho new zealand breed av more advantage than others, considering the litter size and fast growth

HYLA
HARLEQUIN
ANGORA
CHECKERED SPOTTED
ENGLISH SPOTTED
E.T.C
NEW ZEALAND WHITE

for more information on rabbit farming
looking forward to setup a rabbit farm
need a safe rabbit feed formula for your rabbits
for more equiries : contact via email

email = ssikiru.rab@gmail.com

pure breed rabbits are also available at an affordable price
we deliver across NIGERIA

Re: Rabbit Farming In Nigeria And How To Start{ Pure Breed Rabbits Also Available } by oluwakayode25(m): 2:14pm On Dec 03, 2017
Okay...How much do you sell for?
Re: Rabbit Farming In Nigeria And How To Start{ Pure Breed Rabbits Also Available } by ssikiru: 6:43pm On Dec 03, 2017
oluwakayode25:
Okay...How much do you sell for?

It depends on the age and breed
You can contact me through the contact above
Re: Rabbit Farming In Nigeria And How To Start{ Pure Breed Rabbits Also Available } by Segzycares(m): 2:06am On Sep 07, 2018
Pls i need ur help
I just bought a pregnant rabbit which i dont know the due time for her to deliver. Presently she is makin some sound when ever i touch her. Pls what do u think i should do
Re: Rabbit Farming In Nigeria And How To Start{ Pure Breed Rabbits Also Available } by drealer: 11:48am On Feb 05, 2019
This is to bring to your notice the development of an online platform, specifically for Rabbit farmers.
It's an online marketplace where rabbit farmers can put up their rabbits for sale, and buyers can see adverts, and contact sellers.
Note: It's free for use !
You only need to create an account, in less than 1 minute, confirm registration, and start posting rabbits for sale!

It's still been worked upon.
I want you to access the website via https://rabbitfarmng.com , and check out the platform.
If you notice any thing to be improved on, kindly drop a comment also concerning your view on this.

Thanks!
www.rabbitfarmng.com

3 Likes

Re: Rabbit Farming In Nigeria And How To Start{ Pure Breed Rabbits Also Available } by midehill(m): 6:27pm On Aug 24, 2020
Ssikiru please help my rabbits is not pooping and urinating... This is also making it to eat less...what should i do?
Re: Rabbit Farming In Nigeria And How To Start{ Pure Breed Rabbits Also Available } by CrudeSon: 6:57pm On Nov 14, 2020
My rabbit doesn't drink water ,what do I do?
Re: Rabbit Farming In Nigeria And How To Start{ Pure Breed Rabbits Also Available } by WilderPeters: 9:23am On May 09, 2023
Rabbit farming is not an easy occupation. from here i learned all about rabbits and also from a site. do visit it

(1) (Reply)

Michael Okpara Univ. Of Agriculture, Umudike, Recruitment: What's the latest? / Diary Of A Sheep Farmer / Fishery Or Poultry Business, Which Is More Lucrative?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.