Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,992 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1297313 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Muslimity(m): 6:15pm On Jan 02, 2018
Question #2: Why do you want to claim 6 years work experience? I think just 3 years work experience is required for EE profile.

The 6 year work experience is only necessary to determine your eligibility (as per 67/100 rule) and this is prior to creating your EE profile.

@Elders in the House: Please correct me if I am wrong.

DadR:
Happy New Year to everyone in the house, special greetings to the elders.

I’m in the process of creating a profile and need some clarification regarding education and work history.
Kindly review the below profile and assist to answer the questions that follow.

My primary NOC is 6235 – Financial Sales Rep.

Education
B.Sc. Biz Admin. (ECA in place) 2009 – 2014, certificate issued Feb 2015.
OND Accounting (ECA in place) 2007 - 2009
Diploma Accounting (No ECA) 2005¬ – 2006

Work History
GEJ Bank Plc
Full Staff - Apr 2016 – Till Date (1 year 8 Months) - Marketer (Deposit Mobilisation/Account Officer
Contract Staff - Jun 2011 - Mar 2016 (4 years 9 Months) – Back Office/Administrative/Operations
OBJ Bank Limited
Contract Staff - Jun 2008 – Jun 2011 (3 years) - Back Office/Administrative
Internship - May 2007 – May 2008 (1 year) - Back Office/Administrative

My questions go thus:

1. Under Primary Occupation, I was asked of the date I first obtained the minimum education stated in the NOC description. The minimum education requirement are - Completion of secondary school and extensive general banking experience is usually required & A bachelor's degree or college diploma related to commerce or economics may be required. So which date should insert here, is it the date I concluded my B.Sc or OND? Please bear in mind that I was using my OND to perform another function but it is acceptable as a minimum requirement for my NOC.
2. Can I claim 6 years work experience from GEJ Bank Plc, i.e. from being a contract staff to a permanent staff?
3. If 2 above is yes, won’t claiming work experience before obtaining my degree make me ineligible?
4. If 2 above is no, can I claim 2 years work experience (April 2016 – till date)
5. If I claim only 2 years work experience, I’m aware that it’s not a must to include other work history in my profile since I won’t be claiming points for them. I’m also aware that I can put them under personal history, however, I can’t see any tab for personal history. Where can this be found o? LOL.
6. Even if the personal history is found, must I include other work history there or just exclude them from my profile?
7. Since I don’t have ECA for my Diploma in Accounting, can I just exclude it from my profile?

I would really appreciate your prompt response and apologies for the seemingly long post.

Thanks and God bless you.

Cc: Newmum0615, Glitteringstar, 40manlappy, elfmann, vcole, optionese, et all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by MummyJaygirls: 6:47pm On Jan 02, 2018
mcstan18:

Be there at their office first thing tomorrow morning. They didn't respond to my e-mails today

Do u have same issue too?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Holuwarsehun(m): 6:55pm On Jan 02, 2018
mcstan18:

Be there at their office first thing tomorrow morning. They didn't respond to my e-mails today
BC respond to messages very fast on their FB account
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by optionese: 7:12pm On Jan 02, 2018
psylliumhusk1:
We offer this

No adverts here pls . Take this down . @glitteringstar who's the admin here?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Soglite(m): 7:13pm On Jan 02, 2018
@Bello321 please I am interested in the ielts material. My email address is soglite@yahoo.com

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Soglite(m): 7:13pm On Jan 02, 2018
Bello321:

please I am interested in the ielts material. My email address is soglite@yahoo.com

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 02, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Inception12: 7:28pm On Jan 02, 2018
Hello guys... Quick question regarding pof. If I currently have a big loan with my bank that I plan on servicing while in Canada , will this pose any problems with my application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 02, 2018
DadR:
Happy New Year to everyone in the house, special greetings to the elders.

My questions go thus:

1. Under Primary Occupation, I was asked of the date I first obtained the minimum education stated in the NOC description. The minimum education requirement are - Completion of secondary school and extensive general banking experience is usually required & A bachelor's degree or college diploma related to commerce or economics may be required. So which date should insert here, is it the date I concluded my B.Sc or OND? Please bear in mind that I was using my OND to perform another function but it is acceptable as a minimum requirement for my NOC.
2. Can I claim 6 years work experience from GEJ Bank Plc, i.e. from being a contract staff to a permanent staff?
3. If 2 above is yes, won’t claiming work experience before obtaining my degree make me ineligible?
4. If 2 above is no, can I claim 2 years work experience (April 2016 – till date)
5. If I claim only 2 years work experience, I’m aware that it’s not a must to include other work history in my profile since I won’t be claiming points for them. I’m also aware that I can put them under personal history, however, I can’t see any tab for personal history. Where can this be found o? LOL.
6. Even if the personal history is found, must I include other work history there or just exclude them from my profile?
7. Since I don’t have ECA for my Diploma in Accounting, can I just exclude it from my profile?

I would really appreciate your prompt response and apologies for the seemingly long post.

Thanks and God bless you.

1. Use the 1 year 8 months work experience as your primary NOC. The date you became qualified to practice in this occupation will be the date written on your BSc certificate.

2. The main thing is were you paid? If yes, you are good to go.

3. As long as you have a minimum of 67 points out of 100, you will be eligible for the Federal Skilled Worker program. By the way, the date you became qualified to practice in your primary NOC was before the date you started work (February 2015 versus April 2016). This means you are good to go.

4. No! April 2016 - date will give you points for 1 year work experience.

5. You will see the personal history tab once you get an Invitation to Apply. You can use only your one year work experience to claim points if that is enough for you to get an ITA. You will include the other work experience under your personal history details after you get an Invitation.

6. You need to include all your details in the last ten years (or since your 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). According to CIC, withholding information is misrepresentation. Read more here.

7. You will include this under your personal history details. You don't need ECA for it since you are not claiming points for it.

Note: Read the links on page 0 of this thread to know more about the whole process.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 02, 2018
Bello321:
Hello peeps, anyone seeking to write IELTS kindly DM or quote me for a bunch of materials.

Hello,

Why don't you upload the materials on google drive and share the link here instead of telling people to send you PMs? I think that will be better.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by chizilulu(f): 8:03pm On Jan 02, 2018
[quote author=GlitteringStar post=63823949]

CIC system calculates work experience on the basis of months and not days which is the reason why it was automatically updated. You will definitely get an Invitation to Apply in the next draw. I will advise you to either decline the invitation in case your new score (after recalculating using two years work experience) is lower than the minimum points score in the round of invitation from which you were invited to apply OR to delay submission till you complete your three years work experience.

[i]Under section A11.2, an officer may not issue a visa to an applicant who did not or does not meet the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (MEC) or did not or does not possess the qualifications for which they received their CRS score at the time when the invitation to apply (ITA) was issued or the e-APR was received by IRCC.

Thanks GS. I will complete my 3 years work experience on the 2nd of February. I believe it will still be in order.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Loffloff: 8:04pm On Jan 02, 2018
Nova Scotia has started inviting people who applied for their information session!!! Check your emails if you applied
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by chizilulu(f): 8:08pm On Jan 02, 2018
Newmum0615:
2018 starting on a 'status changing' note cheesy

Yes o New mum. I least expected it. I was jeje waiting for hubby's ECA or February for a change of status.
cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kmgb: 8:12pm On Jan 02, 2018
Bsbabe:

If you’re able get the highest in IELTS LRSW - 8.5,8,7.5,7.5, your score with spouse non-accompanying is about 434 (with a sibling in Canada). With spouse accompanying and not contributing to your CRS, this drops to 410. Unless your husband already has a valid Canadian TRV, I personally think you will be separating your family if you select non-accompanying and only you can determine if you want to live through that. This is because he is unlikely to get a TRV to visit with you guys as Permanent residents, they will expect you to file for him and how will you file for someone you already said is not interested? I will suggest you convince him that he doesn’t have to live there but can come and go as he pleases once this process is over if you all do it together. Let him see the merit in that if you can as separation can be a huge strain on relationships. There are too many families processing PR together without the husband completely relocating.

The choice at the end of the day is only yours to make, but please try for a route that carries your husband along. If you want to wait for PNP, your 410 makes you eligible for Ontario NOI, you just need to stay updated on their website to know when they plan to open and what they require you to do. You can also check out Nova Scotia and Saskatchewan although I believe Saskatchewan has occupations in demand and you can’t apply unless yours is listed. All the best to you in your decision making.

Pls is this statement an assumption or a fact that is stated somewhere we can refer to?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by manchesterboy: 8:40pm On Jan 02, 2018
pls help me with IELTS materials. oliverugwu2011@yahoo.com
thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Bello321: 9:14pm On Jan 02, 2018
kindly find the links to the materials

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3yoEkzMVKBuWXBVTzFlLTNrYnM
practice material - Google Drive
drive.google.com

CAMBRIDGE IELTS 1-12 (about 1.1gb)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8LBv6KDjC-LZVBFLUE4RnNMUkE

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DadR: 9:36pm On Jan 02, 2018
@glitteringstar,
Thank you for the time taken to respond to my enquiries. May your star continue to glitter IJN.

I have gotten the information I needed and this will go a long way for me. Just to clarify again, aside from my primary NOC of 1 year +, I can claim points for the work history before my degree provided I can provide reference letter.
Thanks once again

GlitteringStar:

1. Use the 1 year 8 months work experience as your primary NOC. The date you became qualified to practice in this occupation will be the date written on your BSc certificate.

2. The main thing is were you paid? If yes, you are good to go.

3. As long as you have a minimum of 67 points out of 100, you will be eligible for the Federal Skilled Worker program. By the way, the date you became qualified to practice in your primary NOC was before the date you started work (February 2015 versus April 2016). This means you are good to go.

4. No! April 2016 - date will give you points for 1 year work experience.

5. You will see the personal history tab once you get an Invitation to Apply. You can use only your one year work experience to claim points if that is enough for you to get an ITA. You will include the other work experience under your personal history details after you get an Invitation.

6. You need to include all your details in the last ten years (or since your 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). According to CIC, withholding information is misrepresentation. Read more here.

7. You will include this under your personal history details. You don't need ECA for it since you are not claiming points for it.

Note: Read the links on page 0 of this thread to know more about the whole process.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 9:46pm On Jan 02, 2018
Yes, you can.

DadR:
@glitteringstar,
Thank you for the time taken to respond to my enquiries. May your star continue to glitter IJN.

I have gotten the information I needed and this will go a long way for me. Just to clarify again, aside from my primary NOC of 1 year +, I can claim points for the work history before my degree provided I can provide reference letter.
Thanks once again

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Uzoreen: 9:59pm On Jan 02, 2018
You need download IMM5476e form(use of representative form). Fill it den print out and sign it. Then u need to create a new profile and link ur new profile to ur old one. U will be asked some questions about your passport etc. Den u upload the form. After a while, CIC will send u mail confirming the link and u will have access to your account.

I hope this helps.

DadR:
Elders in the house, please I still await your response.

Please note that the agent is actually not a lawyer. Mr. A. contracted and paid him to create a profile and secure ITA but nothing is coming forth yet. So Mr. A. is no longer comfortable with the agent and has decided to go the DIY way. Hence, can Mr. A go ahead to create another profile with same information but different NOC?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by papi7: 10:12pm On Jan 02, 2018
Yo, thanks for sharing these stuffs on here man, but https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8LBv6KDjC-LZVBFLUE4RnNMUkE is empty, it can't be previewed. Can you please re-post. Thanks

Bello321:
kindly find the links to the materials

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3yoEkzMVKBuWXBVTzFlLTNrYnM
practice material - Google Drive
drive.google.com

CAMBRIDGE IELTS 1-12 (about 1.1gb)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8LBv6KDjC-LZVBFLUE4RnNMUkE

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nirany: 10:19pm On Jan 02, 2018
Bello321:
Hello peeps, anyone seeking to write IELTS kindly DM or quote me for a bunch of materials.

Please I will need the materials also, adeniranabayomibero@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DadR: 10:34pm On Jan 02, 2018
Thank you very much!

Uzoreen:
You need download IMM5476e form(use of representative form). Fill it den print out and sign it. Then u need to create a new profile and link ur new profile to ur old one. U will be asked some questions about your passport etc. Den u upload the form. After a while, CIC will send u mail confirming the link and u will have access to your account.

I hope this helps.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DadR: 10:38pm On Jan 02, 2018
I have just done that but the score awarded to me is for 1 year work experience despite the fact that I included the work experience before my degree. I guess IRCC only factors in the date of qualification filled under the pry NOC.

So in this case, will I be correct if I put the date I obtained my OND certificate as against the B.Sc. since I used the OND to get work experience before my degree?

cc glitteringstar

happytbaby:
Yes, you can.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jan 02, 2018
DadR:
I have just done that but the score awarded to me is for 1 year work experience despite the fact that I included the work experience before my degree. I guess IRCC only factors in the date of qualification filled under the pry NOC.

So in this case, will I be correct if I put the date I obtained my OND certificate as against the B.Sc. since I used the OND to get work experience before my degree?

cc glitteringstar

Alternatively, you can use the 4 years and 9 months work experience as your primary NOC if you can get reference letter for it. The date you became qualified to practice in this case will be the date written on your OND certificate. You can include others under your personal history details when you get an Invitation to Apply.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by esosa4real(m): 10:52pm On Jan 02, 2018
ostom4u:
Good day house, it is so good to be here.... i am new in the house and i will like to get clarification on relation in canada... my wife's sister's husband's brother- can he be a relation by marriage to my wife. in simplicity- my wife's sister has a husband whose brother is resident in canada, this brother answers the same surname as my wife's sister, can this person be a relation by marriage? Your prompt response will be appreciated. Thank you

In respect to immigration, this is not an example of "Family Relative"

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by esosa4real(m): 11:00pm On Jan 02, 2018
crazyinlove:
For guys with COPR, please when you send your PUM and authorization letter to DHL, how do you know they have picked up your package from AVO.

I sent mine last week and they sent an email the same day that my pickup request has been processed.

I thought they are meant to send a tracking number because I am yet to yet one from them.

Thanks!!

If it's 48hrs after you sent request. your passports should have been delivered to your residence by now. You can confirm by sending an email to ngtcollect[at]dhl.com

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 02, 2018
chizilulu:

Thanks GS. I will complete my 3 years work experience on the 2nd of February. I believe it will still be in order.

Yes. Just ensure to delay submission until then if your CRS score (after recalculating using two years work experience) is lower than the cut-off score.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Bello321: 11:52pm On Jan 02, 2018
papi7:
Yo, thanks for sharing these stuffs on here man, but https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8LBv6KDjC-LZVBFLUE4RnNMUkE is empty, it can't be previewed. Can you please re-post. Thanks

hi, it is not empty kindly click on download.

it is a zip file so you would need to unzip it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:09am On Jan 03, 2018
GlitteringStar:
Yippee!!! At last! smiley

ITA RECEIVED

Congratulations to all 80th draw ITA recipients.

May the Lord grant the heart’s desires of all IELTS hopefuls, ITA hopefuls and PPR hopefuls. Amen.

#BestChristmasGift
#MyNewDawnIsHere

Great news grin

Congrats ....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by miliicarter: 12:48am On Jan 03, 2018
Hi everyone trust we had an eventful holiday and we are well rested too. Am still waiting for my PUM. Was told that Accra has a lot of backlogs. Also, I would like to find out if anyone has contacts with LASU, I would like to help my inlaw process his transcript and Certificate. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 5:54am On Jan 03, 2018
I wish all ITA hopefuls the best today. Fingers crossed for a draw today. smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 5:54am On Jan 03, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Great news grin

Congrats ....

Thanks sis. kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.