Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1291459 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kontagious(m): 10:00am On Dec 06, 2017
Guitarlife:
Hello Team, just before ITA testimonies start rolling in.
With a projected score of atleast 467 (MSC, 31YRS, 3 YEARS EXP, SINGLE). I am assuming I'd almost get ITA as soon as I enter the pool.
Do you have your ECA/IELTS ready? If any or both isn't, that gives a bit of time to persuade your parents, or friends.

It is my opinion that disposing landed property is not really a good option, especially when you're disposing not to acquire another. Yours being at a choice location should be a factor for you to hold on to the property. That said, I'd rather have you ask your fiance than dispose the property. If your fiance has capacity to help, please ask. You guys are building a life together, asking for help shouldn't be a tough call.

The six months holding period isn't really necessary, you can look at a lesser period if you find a willing party to help.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by adaifx: 10:06am On Dec 06, 2017
Bambam4you:
Their policy is 2 weeks processing time. However you can call this number to follow up 08035374029 she is the person in charge and I got it from their website.

Thanks very much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 06, 2017
Kontagious:
Do you have your ECA/IELTS ready? If any or both isn't, that gives a bit of time to persuade your parents, or friends.

It is my opinion that disposing landed property is not really a good option, especially when you're disposing not to acquire another. Yours being at a choice location should be a factor for you to hold on to the property. That said, I'd rather have you ask your fiance than dispose the property. If your fiance has capacity to help, please ask. You guys are building a life together, asking for help shouldn't be a tough call.

The six months holding period isn't really necessary, you can look at a lesser period if you find a willing party to help.

Brother I am estimating I should have this down by January ending so I am just being proactive here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by CassieV(f): 10:22am On Dec 06, 2017
jovykay:

Calculate with the highest possible ielts, wait to gain more work experience to add abt 30 more points...include ur internship year if its possible for for u to get a reference letter from them. Or u can try to apply for provincial nomination to boost ur scores
I tried that with 7.5,8,7.5,7 and got a 435.
How does the provincial nomination work?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ishowdels(m): 10:22am On Dec 06, 2017
Good day guys, please what payment for IELTS is the best.. Bank transfer or bank draft?

Also which account will I do the transfer to as the case of transfer because it's not stated on the application summary?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by einsteino(m): 10:26am On Dec 06, 2017
CassieV:

I tried that with 7.5,8,7.5,7 and got a 435.
How does the provincial nomination work?

LRWS 8.5, 8, 7.5, 7.5 would get you the full points for IELTS.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by CassieV(f): 10:28am On Dec 06, 2017
einsteino:

LRWS 8.5, 8, 7.5, 7.5 would get you the full points for IELTS.
Okay, I'll work towards getting that. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by JustinTrudeau: 10:31am On Dec 06, 2017
Unfortunately i couldn't dive into the pool,was held up with work and also need to tidy up.

Thanks @ Kontagious, Feygbe, phf2be,Raconteur14,Newmum0615, Sleekysilk, Damolah10,Bsbabe,GlitteringStar, Threadstone, Olulo, Faaz09, Cochtrane, Elfmann,Codebrew

To my NOC,I worked as a lecturer/tutor at a ATS lecture centre where i taught :
Business Law
Public Sector Accounting
Taxation and
Other administrative duties assigned to me.
I was paid in cash...

Thanks in advance.

Your PM grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by einsteino(m): 10:39am On Dec 06, 2017
JustinTrudeau:
Unfortunately i couldn't dive into the pool,was held up with work and also need to tidy up.

haba PM! your govt in canada awaits you and here you are giving excuses. Oya employ me as the sceretary to your secretary, to avoid stories like this in the future.

hopefully your PPR would be speedy to make up for the time lost in hold ups.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Virt: 10:50am On Dec 06, 2017
Wow congrats. I have been waiting to hear this your testimony. Chai Patience is a virtue true true.

JustinTrudeau:
Hello fellow Canadian compatriots, It's with great pleasure that i announce the completion of my IQAS evaluation,see timeline below:

I'm not done yet, British council have released me, yes you read right,i'm off British council revenue list,though the result is not perfect but all glory to God.

I learnt a valuable lesson, this journey is all about patience and perseverance. Never ever give up on your dreams. You want to plunge you're scared you might fall,my dear what if you fly?

Your PM grin grin

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 06, 2017
Newmum0615:
Me & waiting for ITA today.

Receive in Jesus’ name!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by policy12: 11:01am On Dec 06, 2017
ItsYourFriend:
I'm not sure if losing your job will prohibit you from becoming the PA. The minimum requirement is a one year experience in the last ten years and the job must be in either of the NOC's 0, A or B. Next is your credential(s), and age, then proof of fund. In any case you are found deficient in the POF, then you can ask your spouse to augment. You can do all the research, evaluate your credentials, and sit for IELTS and encourage her to do the same assuming you do not meet the requisite score.

Thank you so much, pls I will like you to give me detail of how to go about my WES verification how is done and how much is it? Thank wait for your response.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 06, 2017
How would someone in Canada accompany you to Canada? I have read it somewhere. I don't have any links now.. Not sure I will dig either.
GlitteringStar:

Hello,

Can you provide a link to support the above (bolded) statement?

I saw the statement below on CIC's website.

"Note: If your spouse or partner is not coming with you to Canada, or they are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you will earn points as if you don’t have a spouse or partner".

This is the link to the post--https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

Also, when using the CRS tool, question 2 says: "Is your spouse or common-law partner a citizen or permanent resident of Canada"?

I believe she can apply for Express Entry/FSW if she is eligible. She will choose married but non-accompanying spouse.

I would appreciate if you could provide a link to buttress your point.

Thanks.

Cc: Stylequeen.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 06, 2017
elfmann:
How would someone in Canada accompany you to Canada? I have read it somewhere. I don't have any links now.. Not sure I will dig either.

I don't understand your question. I said she will choose married with a "non-accompanying spouse".

The fact that they wrote this (If your spouse or partner is not coming with you to Canada, or they are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you will earn points as if you don’t have a spouse or partner) on CIC's website means it is possible for her to apply if she is eligible. I know that her husband can also sponsor her but if she is eligible for EE/FSW, she should be able to apply too.

I would appreciate if you could provide the link. No man is an island of knowledge. We are all here to learn. I cannot agree with your point without any link or evidence to buttress your point.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caon: 11:25am On Dec 06, 2017
JustinTrudeau:
Hello fellow Canadian compatriots, It's with great pleasure that i announce the completion of my IQAS evaluation,see timeline below:

Application date: 27/07/2017
Transcript sent: 04/09/2017
Acknowledgement by IQAS (Before Supritendent Canadian fly come for me grin): 11/10/2017
ECA completed: 09/11/2017
ECA received: 04/12/2017

I'm not done yet, British council have released me, yes you read right,i'm off British council revenue list,though the result is not perfect but all glory to God.

First Attempt May 2017 6,6.5,7,7 LRSW
2nd Attempt August 2017:
Listening: 8.5
Reading:8.5
Speaking: 7
Writing : 7

My results was delivered to me today while my IQAS was delivered yesterday. Someone here prophesied this,can't remember who.

MY CRS score stands at 435,unfortunately i had registered with IQAS before i got to know that i can evaluate my ATS certificate too as 2 or more certificate but i know God will come through for me with this CRS score.

Special thanks to you all most especially Feygbe,Kontagious,Sleekysilk,Yookus,pardon me if i didn't mention your moniker. You guys are the best and i know i have a family here.God bless you all.

My next post will be on getting the right NOC, do we have NOC for PM?

I learnt a valuable lesson, this journey is all about patience and perseverance. Never ever give up on your dreams. You want to plunge you're scared you might fall,my dear what if you fly?

Your PM grin grin

congrats to u so happy for u
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Elle78: 11:28am On Dec 06, 2017
Join the queue. Hubby and I are waiting for verification as well. NASU be pouring sand n our garri.

wale006:
cry cry cry cry cry cry

This WES people are evil o. They just sent me a mail that they've requested for confirmation from university. Only problem is NASU is on strike.

Wetin man wan do now??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Favoredme: 11:31am On Dec 06, 2017
Newmum0615:
Lol. Seems ours happened the same time. Transcript sent in September. Verification took longer in October cos of light issue. But my contact responded to the mail same day the light came back on.

Looks like we were in same batch of names. Let me go look at the list if I can deduce yours. wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Elle78: 11:32am On Dec 06, 2017
AMEN !!!

TEECANN:
As we start this page 3, I have a prayer for someone that believes:

Whatever you ask God for (be it ITA, good IELTS, PPR or CoPR etc) you will get it before this page 3 fills up to half.

It will all surely end in praise IJN!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Favoredme: 11:33am On Dec 06, 2017
einsteino:
to all ITA awaitees, best of luck.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Abbylee: 11:50am On Dec 06, 2017
What time does it normally happen?

Newmum0615:
Me & waiting for ITA today.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Hafsat24(f): 11:57am On Dec 06, 2017
Modified..i missed a few links on the front page..will go through them carefully and ask questions where i get confused..thanks smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Abbylee: 12:03pm On Dec 06, 2017
I did online transfer.

Read the email properly and carefully, you'll see how to derive your unique account number from your exam month, location and last two digits of your passport number. Be sure to use your reference number and name as the title of the transaction.

Also send the proof of payment to ngielts.payment@britishcouncil.org and examsnigeria@ng.britishcouncil.org along with your reference numberand name within 24hrs of payment.

Ishowdels:
Good day guys, please what payment for IELTS is the best.. Bank transfer or bank draft?

Also which account will I do the transfer to as the case of transfer because it's not stated on the application summary?

Thank you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Rosheedah(f): 12:03pm On Dec 06, 2017
daremum:
PEBC...Please

It will be evaluated for like 8 weeks.
Prepare for IELTS

you can mention my name if you have any other question!

@daremum thanks
From my understanding now, pebc is responsible for our ECA right? Not WES or IQAS like others ....sheyy?

Also, the fees to be paid $325 and $600 for the licensing exams will come in much later after the PR processing or we have to pay those before the evaluation can be done?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 06, 2017
GlitteringStar:

I don't understand your question. I said she will choose married with a "non-accompanying spouse".

The fact that they wrote this (If your spouse or partner is not coming with you to Canada, or they are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you will earn points as if you don’t have a spouse or partner) on CIC's website means it is possible for her to apply if she is eligible. I know that her husband can also sponsor her but if she is eligible for EE/FSW, she should be able to apply too.

I would appreciate if you could provide the link. No man is an island of knowledge. We are all here to learn. I cannot agree with your point without any link or evidence to buttress your point.

Like I said earlier no strength to dig for any links oh. But I am sure I had read about it, but I just tweeted IRCC.. If and when they respond.. I screen-grab for u and others.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 06, 2017
Yes and yes.
Rosheedah:

@daremum thanks
From my understanding now, pebc is responsible for our ECA right? Not WES or IQAS like others ....sheyy?

Also, the fees to be paid $325 and $600 for the licensing exams will come in much later after the PR processing or we have to pay those before the evaluation can be done?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 06, 2017
elfmann:

Like I said earlier no strength to dig for any links oh. But I am sure I had read about it, but I just tweeted IRCC.. If and when they respond.. I screen-grab for u and others.

Okay. Nice!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Abbylee: 12:08pm On Dec 06, 2017
1. The school should send it sealed.
2. Use the comprehensive ranking tool (google it) to check your scores, play with the different components of the ielts to see how it affects your score. Highest score ielts can give you is to get 8.5,8,7.5,7.5 in listening, reading,writing and speaking.
3. I think your marriage certificate should do the trick for the maiden name part and a one and the same affidavit should address the third name issue
4. I think that should suffice.

Others please weigh in.

Hafsat24:
I have been reading for months and must say you all have really been helpful, May God bless y'all..so after much ado hubby finally decided to get on board..we are looking at starting the process this month..i would like to ask some questions pls

1. Hubby has a Masters degree in Electrical/Electronics eng'g from the U.K, however he has his transcripts with him..would it pose a problem if he sends it to WES himself? Or he should request for the school to send it since his is not sealed

2. He has over 5yrs experience, what IELTS scores should we aim at to get good CRS scores..

3.My passport is in my maiden name but my degree has a third name..would that pose a problem?

4.We don't have a marriage certificate as the wedding was conducted in a mosque and no certificate is usually issued in the part of North we got married..however i have court declaration of marriage we did at the federal high court just a month after the wedding as i needed it for NYSC then..can it be used for anything or we need to do a court marriage?

Sorry for my long epistle pls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 06, 2017
After reading for months, Chai.
Hafsat24:
I have been reading for months and must say you all have really been helpful, May God bless y'all..so after much ado hubby finally decided to get on board..we are looking at starting the process this month..i would like to ask some questions pls

1. Hubby has a Masters degree in Electrical/Electronics eng'g from the U.K, however he has his transcripts with him..would it pose a problem if he sends it to WES himself? Or he should request for the school to send it since his is not sealed

2. He has over 5yrs experience, what IELTS scores should we aim at to get good CRS scores..

3.My passport is in my maiden name but my degree has a third name..would that pose a problem?

4.We don't have a marriage certificate as the wedding was conducted in a mosque and no certificate is usually issued in the part of North we got married..however i have court declaration of marriage we did at the federal high court just a month after the wedding as i needed it for NYSC then..can it be used for anything or we need to do a court marriage?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 06, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Okay. Nice!
U can try a dummy stuff on Canada tool and see if it stops when u select ur Spouse being a CC and CPR. Na to watch for ITA I get strength for today.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 06, 2017
elfmann:

U can try a dummy stuff on Canada tool and see if it stops when u select ur Spouse being a CC and CPR. Na to watch for ITA I get strength for today.

I tried it before writing my previous post and it worked. You can try it too.

Lol@bolded grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Hafsat24(f): 12:20pm On Dec 06, 2017
elfmann:
After reading for months, Chai.

Yes well that was a long time ago..my spouse wasn't interested so i stopped and spent more time reading the Living in Canada/Life as a Canadian Immigrant and that's how I got him on board..any more questions?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by optionese: 12:21pm On Dec 06, 2017
Hafsat24:

Go to page 0 of this thread and read the link.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (628)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.