Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1294747 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 3:22pm On Jan 22, 2018
Congratulations!!
lilyandie:
Praise God!!! Just got PPR !!!!!

My God has done it o. Team LVO

AOR - Sept 26

IP 1 came before I got medical passed (don't know why)

ADR - For travel history ( I have an extensive travel history)

Medical Passed - October 21

NA 2 - November 15

Ordered GCMS Notes - January 11 ( i wanted to know that everything was ok, and someone mentioned in canadavisa.com that atimes it brings attention to your file.

IP2 (Either January 18 or 19, not quite sure, i checked in the middle of night and mehn, my sleep disappeared when i saw the update)

PPR - Got the mail at 1:34 this afternoon.

I want to thank everyone, you guys answered all my questions, reduced my tension, made me laugh, educated me and made me more determined to continue.
God bless you all and i pray that all our prayers will be answered.

Never ever doubt the work of God, delay is never denial.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Mydeeeee: 3:25pm On Jan 22, 2018
Please help a brother too, I am having the same issue.
bababode825:

Buzz me privately. I will send you a number you can call.

Your transcript will be sent this week guaranteed as far as you have any previous transcript. Either departmental or univesrsity.

Mine was sent last week and its in Canada as I write.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 3:25pm On Jan 22, 2018
They accepted it from someone I know. Don't know if it's the norm. [quote author=Lamgirl post=64419220][/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Uzoreen: 3:27pm On Jan 22, 2018
Congratulations! It will all end in praise.

lilyandie:

AOR - Sept 26

IP 1 came before I got medical passed (don't know why)

ADR - For travel history ( I have an extensive travel history)

Medical Passed - October 21

NA 2 - November 15

Ordered GCMS Notes - January 11 ( i wanted to know that everything was ok, and someone mentioned in canadavisa.com that atimes it brings attention to your file.

IP2 (Either January 18 or 19, not quite sure, i checked in the middle of night and mehn, my sleep disappeared when i saw the update)

I want to thank everyone, you guys answered all my questions, reduced my tension, made me laugh, educated me and made me more determined to continue.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2018
nitrogen:

Hi mcstan18, am curious as to how your speaking test did go, considering the fact that you are based in Lagos, but your test centre was Ibadan, did they fix all tests for one day, or you had to travel to IB twice? Also, did BC provide earphones for the listening bit?

Thanks, I pray that God grants all our heart desires.

I made contact with someone at the BC office when there was a delay in acknowledging my payment (thanks to GlitteringStar) and requested that I have my speaking test same day as the written tests. They approved and I had all in good time the same day before going back to Lagos.
Yes, they provided the same kind of headphones they use at the Lagos center for the listening test
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 3:32pm On Jan 22, 2018
mummytutu:
Okay, My bad. Just re-read the post. Apologies to @Mcstan18 smiley .@Dazzle86 please that's misrepresentation; indicate you are married and choose spouse as unaccompanying. Try and hustle for pof for two(accompanying or not) wink

Can I get a hug @mummytutu? grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Fuzzyman(f): 3:32pm On Jan 22, 2018
lilyandie:

Congrats o. Thank God

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Lamgirl: 3:35pm On Jan 22, 2018
Newmum0615:
They accepted it from someone I know. Don't know if it's the norm.

THANKS SO MUCH
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nitrogen(m): 3:54pm On Jan 22, 2018
mcstan18:

I made contact with someone at the BC office when there was a delay in acknowledging my payment (thanks to GlitteringStar) and requested that I have my speaking test same day as the written tests. They approved and I had all in good time the same day before going back to Lagos.
Yes, they provided the same kind of headphones they use at the Lagos center for the listening test

That made a lot of sense. I am planning to take mine in Ibadan. I will adopt your method. Thank you.

We hope for the best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by TEECANN: 4:01pm On Jan 22, 2018
Canadianfly:

The answer is 22nd July 1985. That twenty-second you wrote has passed two words. Don't over think the answers, coz if you do, you'll not get it right.

My advice is when you do your practice tests, identify the sections you fail mostly, for me it was the matching section. So I figured I'll just write out everything the audio was saying in my question paper, then when I had 10 mins to transfer my answers...I read through what I had written and took my time to match it with the questions.
My point is you need a strategy to beat your weak point.
For T/F/NG the easiest way to understand it is:
Truth is the statement is in the passage
False is the statement is in the passage but not as the question. E.g. The passage says "the shirts are all white and long sleeves". The question is "all the shirts are short sleeved and white". This is false....
Not Given is when the statement cannot be found in the passage. Using the e.g above, Not Given is "the red and blue shirts are also long sleeves". This is not in passage so it's not given. But can be mistaken as False.

Like I said before IELTS na just trick test. But you shall overcomegrin

You cant be more correct at the bolded above!

My version of your statement that I usually share is that this IELTS is an hint-based test- nothing more!
(Just understand the tricks, formulate your strategies to deploy the mastered hints on D-Day and PRACTICE PRACTICE well ahead of test)

So, how does one prepare for what is not a conventional test in the true traditional sense of the word?

So when you see some people acing it on the first attempt with an 8989 result, they most likely have their English on point in all respect all the while and maybe achieved this type of result with just minimal practice...(Their type plenty for this thread grin grin)

Someone whose English is a little defective from secondary school days (like me cry) can't imitate that 8989 fellow; if I do, I will so sow into the ministry of British Council multiple times that I will loose count of how many 68k that I ve dropped! grin

Different strategies for different folks!! Know your weakness and work on it!!

It will all end in praise IJN!

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by OJaySeenson: 4:10pm On Jan 22, 2018
It's really surprising to see naija people working to help each other like this. It's so different from what we expect. The effort the mods and just everyday people are putting into making sure that their fellow man is doing the right thing...it's really humbling. I can imagine there are migration agents that are hoping bomb will just jam nairaland server, with how boys and girls are just our here sharing valuable Intel for free...

I thank you all on behalf of me and my family...we sef don dey road...wife is the primary. Looks like it will cost me a ton, but with the help of seniors like una, we go enter this promised land...

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bababode825(m): 4:11pm On Jan 22, 2018
Mydeeeee:
Please help a brother too, I am having the same issue.

Hello,

Did you finish from Ife? (Obafemi Awolowo University)

Do you have or have you collected any transcript before?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Raconteur14(m): 4:13pm On Jan 22, 2018
stonecoldcafe:

It is well o! I'm hoping the kind of crash that occurred April/May last year will happen even earlier this year. Fingers crossed

I share your sentiments. Historically, that happened because there was increased number of candidates being invited and increased number of draws. Fingers crossed sha. I really pray it happens early on in the year
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sexymj(f): 4:14pm On Jan 22, 2018
use the cse and email to send the required documents, except stated otherwise.

4Barr:
Did this already, the response was due to the cse and email i sent.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by smslive2: 4:16pm On Jan 22, 2018
Congratulations
lilyandie:

AOR - Sept 26

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sunvick(m): 4:22pm On Jan 22, 2018
Dont mind the guy. Perhaps its same person but alternate account.

Uzoreen:
I'm sorry but I won't put it down. He told u he used his Nigerian number for whats app, whereas he said to me he doesn't do Whatsapp. No be the same Whatsapp everything be? And why doesn't he even have a single post on this thread?

A word is enough for the wise.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by canadianxmas: 4:27pm On Jan 22, 2018
Fuzzyman:

Im sorry about you result, I am not an expert but i can offer some advice.

- Write exactly what you hear , (the tense you hear) do not change what you wrote first time, trust your ears.
- Follow all instructions ( twenty-second 7th 1985 is wrong IMO the instruction says[b] two words AND OR number[/b]. )
- Are you using band 8 materials? Test yourself with the hardest practice tests in Listening and Reading i.e https://ieltsonlinetests.com/

Finally RELAX, you got this

I used the link for mine and i found the test easier than my practice where i averaged 35.

Wishing you all the best cheesy
Many thanks for the link and tips.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by canadianxmas: 4:30pm On Jan 22, 2018
wholesomegrace:

I don't really know what to advice here but I think you shd use strategies discussed in ielts buddy and liz. The strategies there was what I used in my practice at 3rd attempt and although I never got past 37 in practice tests, I got a surprising band 9 in the actual listening test.
I also wrote in caps for the first time in reading and listening and scored higher than the first 2. Check out these websites if you have not been using them before.
On the tenses, try and pay more attention during listening. I don't think you should keep on changing the answers later, you might get it all muddled up. However the tenses you use should be appropriate for the sentence. All the best as you prepare for the next one
Thanks a lot. I will check plus am sure others would benefit a thing or two from this piece.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Raconteur14(m): 4:31pm On Jan 22, 2018
sthillz:

That's long
I cant remember exactly but the entire process took 3 months. From the transcript to the receipt of ECA document
I think it also depends on how fast the school acts, some unis can be such a headache

I used ETX for OAU and nothing happened until I got someone in exams and records to follow up for me. Everything was done in about a month because of my contact who told me when verification was needed and how payment should be done. ETX had no clue what was going on and I was the one that informed them that my verification had been done. ETX have varying timelines for different schools but you are better off having someone to follow up for you in exams and records.

cc @sthillz @gaggle @hayor2014

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by woleoja: 4:33pm On Jan 22, 2018
@bababode825
Hi I have applied and gotten my transcripts and certificates to WES but they sent a mail for verification but OAU and etx-ng just ignore until the strike came, is there a way I can get the verification done within this time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 4:41pm On Jan 22, 2018
I couldn't agree more.

Whilst practice is good, it's equally; if not more, important to watch those youtube videos that teach you how to beat the test.

[quote author=TEECANN post=64420722]

You cant be more correct at the bolded above!

My version of your statement that I usually share is that this IELTS is an hint-based test- nothing more!
(Just understand the tricks, formulate your strategies to deploy the mastered hints on D-Day and PRACTICE PRACTICE well ahead of test)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sistaj: 4:53pm On Jan 22, 2018
I am using my former job which i did from 2012 to 2017 as Admin/HR manager which falls under both noc 0112 and 0114 to claim points for work experience. Has anyone had such experience? My former employer won't issue reference letter as well but I have employment letter and other proofs of employment so I intend getting an affidavit that will state my duties.No other senior person who can testify as to my job roles except for the Md/Ceo who won't issue the reference letter.We didn't have payslips as well but rather credits into bank accounts and I am thinking attaching statements from 2012 to 2017 will be too bulky.Any tips on how to get around this?what are your thoughts on attaching maybe 3 months statement from the beginning and end of each applicable year?
Thanks in anticipation of your responses.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Litealpha: 4:55pm On Jan 22, 2018
Please house can I get an advise on this. Can a "to whom" letter suffice
Litealpha:
Dear good people, please I need your advise. I did a course sometime ago but was not issued a certificate as it was a credits only course. The school is willing to send transcript for ECA and also issue a 'to whom it may concern' letter, stating the times I completed the programme and also explain non-issuance of certificate. Can I evaluate this with my BSc and claim crs scores for 'two or more certificates/diploma'?
All responses are appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by hayor2014(m): 4:55pm On Jan 22, 2018
[quote author=Raconteur14 post=64421580]

I used ETX for OAU and nothing happened until I got someone in exams and records to follow up for me. Everything was done in about a month because of my contact who told me when verification was needed and how payment should be done. ETX had no clue what was going on and I was the one that informed them that my verification had been done. ETX have varying timelines for different schools but you are better off having someone to follow up for you in exams and records.

cc @sthillz @gaggle @hayor2014

Imagine ooo...whats the point in using them , why not just go direct and get your transcript done
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by OJaySeenson: 5:15pm On Jan 22, 2018
My brother, me I believe that all you have is performance anxiety. But then again, I could be wrong. I'm surely not the sort to say for sure, cos thanks to God, I have always aced English tests. One thing that did help me while taking my test though, was complete concentration on the recording. I always closed my eyes and wrote down the first answer that came to mind without over thinking. I am sure I missed some, but almost all the time, my answer was right because i have carefully followed every word. Got 9 in three consecutive IELTS listening tests working this way, so it's no fluke. From your practice scores, it sounds to me like you have it in you. Just be calm, concentrate and trust yourself.

canadianxmas:
Guys please don't be angry for the long post but this are trying times for me as well as "matters of the heart" concerning me and IELTS and they said "a problem shared is a problem solved"

I keep getting 7.5 on listening and 6.5 on reading even though I read/practice/prepare as if I'm going for MBBS exam. My practice score for both listening and reading are most often within the range of 38- 40 but "I still dey gbagaun for the actual test " dunno y cry

Here is list of things I think might I be doing wrong when it comes it to the listening section:
i. I write all my ans in caps.
ii. I go back to correct the tenses and more often change from singular to plural and vice versa as the sentence required.
iii. In the last test I took; the question required you answers be written in two words and a number; the speaker called out a date of birth as "22nd the 7th 1985" and I wrote "twenty-second July 1985" was I correct? cos i'm thinking this contributed to my downfall and wouldn't want to fail such a question ever in my life.

In reading, I knew my weakness was T/F/NG; Y/N/NG and matching heading so I took out time to practice question on this alone until I started acing it consistently yet "I still enter 6.5 bus" lipsrsealed aside this I can't point a finger to what could be wrong with the reading section.

I planned on taking the next available test as "e dey hot" but on reading canadianfly's write up, I had to take a second guess cos she really made a good point; but my problem could not be practice as I invest good time in it.

Lastly, could it be BC

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bababode825(m): 5:32pm On Jan 22, 2018
Not sure bro. Although my certificate was verified after 48 in this same strike.

woleoja:
@bababode825
Hi I have applied and gotten my transcripts and certificates to WES but they sent a mail for verification but OAU and etx-ng just ignore until the strike came, is there a way I can get the verification done within this time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by xtosync: 5:35pm On Jan 22, 2018
Are you sure you are not partner-in-crime with this MOSTHIGH33? "Just thinking out aloud. angry grin"
Lamzee:

Please I will advise you to put this down with the following reasons:
1. He sent a Pm to me also cos I needed someone to help me pay for application fee, he told me he used his Nigeria number for whatsapp and he sent his BBM ID,he told him I don't use BBM anymore so I can't continue the transaction anymore
2. To cut the story, I told him to verify my name on facebook (which I did not ask for his), then ask for my payment details and helped me to pay, I sent his money to him immediately I verified the payment . I can post our chats and the screenshot of my payment
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 5:37pm On Jan 22, 2018
Aig84:
Hello ma'am, my humble advise is that you read page 0 of this thread.

I concur. If not you'd end up wasting your own money....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mrstender: 5:45pm On Jan 22, 2018
Good evening everyone,
Hope we all had fruitful day not minding the fuel scarcity.
Pls my sister-in-law is a Canadian citizen can I claim points on her..
Abeg I wan super duper dive into the pool.
Thanku

Regards.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 5:46pm On Jan 22, 2018
Looking like 6235 but this your JD long sha. Hope they are paying you well for this plenty grammar here grin
RuggedArab:
Hello Guys, which NOC does these JD falls:

• Process applications of individuals applying for loans and credit: Interviews applicant to obtain personal and financial data and fills out
application.
• Call or write to credit bureaus, employers, and personal references to check credit and personal references.
• Establish credit limit, considering such factors as applicant's assets, credit experience, and personal references, based on predetermined
standards.
• Notify customer by mail, telephone, or in person of acceptance or rejection of application.
• Keep records or files of credit transactions, deposits, and payments, and send letters or confer with customers having delinquent accounts
to make payment.
• Send form letters and brochures to solicit business from prospective customers.
• Adjust incorrect credit charges and grant extensions of credit on overdue accounts.
• Accept payment on accounts.
• Keep electronic record of applications for loans and credit, using computer.
• Compute interest and payments, using calculator.
• Provide customer credit information or rating on request to retail stores, credit agencies, or banks.
• Check value of customer's collateral, such as securities, held as security for loan.
• Advise customer by phone or in writing about loan or credit information.
• Assist customer in filling out loan or credit application.
• Handle inbound/outbound calls from internal and external customers
• Thoroughly and efficiently gather customer information, access accounts and fulfill customer needs
• Take payment information and other pertinent information such as addresses and phone numbers
• Understand customer’s account and business rules to provide accurate information to our customers
• Utilize multiple systems to complete daily tasks and follow through with customer requests or concerns
• Provide excellent customer services by responding well to questions, providing timely, accurate and helpful responses
• Preparing statements to credit department if customer fails to respond; initiating repossession proceedings or service disconnection; and
keeping records of collection and status of accounts.
• Types or prepares follow-up letters for customer accounts, notifications of change of address for collection agencies, and other documents.
• Responds to telephone inquiries and assists in solving questions related to the status of customer accounts; documents status of collection
efforts.
• Perform limited research in preparation for updating records, such as tracing customer mailing address.
• Ensure strict confidentiality of financial records.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 5:48pm On Jan 22, 2018
Yes, if she is a blood sister or step-sister or adoptive sister. So long as you can get the required documents from her.
mrstender:
Good evening everyone,
Hope we all had fruitful day not minding the fuel scarcity.
Pls my sister-in-law is a Canadian citizen can I claim points on her..
Abeg I wan super duper dive into the pool.
Thanku

Regards.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by aragonbaba(m): 5:52pm On Jan 22, 2018
woleoja:
@bababode825
Im currently paused by this verification by WES. My school NASU is currently on strike since December. Dunno what to do. Any advice on another way out of this dilemma.

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.