Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1294647 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sistaj: 7:34am On Jan 23, 2018
[quote author=naijaismyown post=64434818][/quote]
ph centre no is 150
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bababode825(m): 7:36am On Jan 23, 2018
I am a rookie wrt nairaland emails but I guess I sent you a message so please check

daejih:

Hello, bababode825. Please I'm currently having this same issue and will appreciate any help I can get. I sent you a PM. Kindly respond. Thanks a bunch.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caon: 7:40am On Jan 23, 2018
Ojasope1:
Top of the morning to you great minds, congrats to those who have gotten PPR, ITA & those who just aced their exam. We will all sing the song of praise together by His Grace.

A quick one pls, does anyone have any contact at LASPOTECH Ikorodu for quick processing of Transcript?

It will end in praise in sha Alllah .
PM me.have a contact that did mine
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Sugaro: 7:41am On Jan 23, 2018
nanaghano:
I finally got my TRF report yesterday after not been able to check online since the results were posted.
LSWR 8.5 8.0 7.0 7.5. I know I did way better in my writing. Imagine my shock when I saw a 7
Considering asking for a remark. Pls what is the time frame for the remark results? Just want to know to weigh my options.
Thanks guys
Hmm, I don't understand u shocked. U want to wait for like10wks or more for just 3marks that's not guaranteed sef?
Abeg jump into the pool without looking back joor

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 4wearegreat: 7:46am On Jan 23, 2018
4wearegreat:

Please i gat two questions:
1) My babe plan to write on March 24 but her passport will expire on March 13. Will this be an issue?
2) Any idea of how much it cost to re-new passport, and is there anyone with contact details of a reliable immigration officer at Ikoyi passport office?

Thanks to mcstan18, sthillz, danny, ljay17 and rchilee for responding.

I think Ikoyi passport office would be the best since she works on the island. @ sthillz - I sent you a PM. Please respond.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by policy12: 7:46am On Jan 23, 2018
Top of the morning to you great minds, congrats to those who have gotten PPR, ITA & those who just aced their exam.

A quick one pls, does anyone have any contact at ABU Zaria for quick processing of Transcript?

It will end in praise in Jesus Name.

So much much more.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emmasonic4me: 7:46am On Jan 23, 2018
nanaghano:
I finally got my TRF report yesterday after not been able to check online since the results were posted.
LSWR 8.5 8.0 7.0 7.5. I know I did way better in my writing. Imagine my shock when I saw a 7
Considering asking for a remark. Pls what is the time frame for the remark results? Just want to know to weigh my options.
Thanks guys
Na so... If you had fallen short of the target 8777, you would have been shying away from going for EOR. Now that you got it, you want to go for a remark abi. SMH.

Please kindly go for a remark so that you wait for the next couple of months before you get feedback and can use the result. That pool must not be crowded so that the cutoff can come down. **just kidding ***

Make I hear say you no enter that pool before tomorrow's draw.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 7:47am On Jan 23, 2018
Nope. I don't think that it what the letter says.
It states that once you accept the nomination, other provinces will no longer be able to assess your profile to nominate you. I think the ONIP is under the EE scheme, so you get additional 600 points to secure an ITA. Others can chook mouth inside the matter.
loudlumi:
Guys, i need your help here. I just got a message in my CIC account saying that the Government of Ontario is considering me for the Provincial Nomination Program.

It also states that if i accept the Nomination i might not be eligible for federal skilled workers, please am i supposed to accept or decline?

Kindly help, My CRS is just over 435.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by OJaySeenson: 7:48am On Jan 23, 2018
Lol...bros, no be fight na...that's what I do, for real, and I have three IELTS results of 8.5 overall and a PTE result of 79/100 to show for it. It works wonders for me, but as will everything in life, it doesn't work for everyone.

Emmasonic4me:

@ the bolded....Are you for real? Always closed your eyes during IELTS exam just to concentrate?

Numerous sites and tips advice candidates to keep an eye on the next question for two reasons
* The answers may come in very quick succession so you don't miss it.
** To help you monitor the keywords to listen so as to catch up with the audio if you miss a question.

Please tell us the real strategy you used in concentrating during the test to get a consecutive band 9.

Hello future test takers... Please don't try this in the exam hall.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sistaj: 7:48am On Jan 23, 2018
vickyehi:

please someone should answer this question. it keeps going unanswered even in previous threads cry cry cry
Answers really needed house oooo.I have asked that question in the past as well no response so I guess the people most active in here may not know.I read here that Wes evaluates RN and RM
as hospital training and not equivalent to Canadian standards.Another person evaluated BNSC with IQAS and it was found equivalent to Canadian 3 or 4 year degree I can't remember exactly.But I really want to know how someone with BNSC,RN,RM and Public Health qualifications will be assessed.Two or more degrees will definitely be more favourable but I don't know if anyone here has done such evaluation.If IQAS evaluates RN and RM favourably then with BNSC should be two or more degrees thus if anyone has evaluated rn and rm positively let us know.Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 7:49am On Jan 23, 2018
nanaghano:
Thanks guys

What is your crs score with the current result? if it's high enough don't bother with a remark
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 7:49am On Jan 23, 2018
You want to ask a remark for what exactly? The results are not good enough? You better be entering that pool before I come there and wounjure you.
nanaghano:
Thanks guys

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by canadianxmas: 7:53am On Jan 23, 2018
OJaySeenson:
My brother, me I believe that all you have is performance anxiety. But then again, I could be wrong. I'm surely not the sort to say for sure, cos thanks to God, I have always aced English tests. One thing that did help me while taking my test though, was complete concentration on the recording. I always closed my eyes and wrote down the first answer that came to mind without over thinking. I am sure I missed some, but almost all the time, my answer was right because i have carefully followed every word. Got 9 in three consecutive IELTS listening tests working this way, so it's no fluke. From your practice scores, it sounds to me like you have it in you. Just be calm, concentrate and trust yourself.

Thanks for the tips Ojay.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by canadianxmas: 7:56am On Jan 23, 2018
stonecoldcafe:

Your post called out to me. I thought this may be useful for you. The following links are some materials i used during my IELTS test and they were most helpful. I also had problems with the Y/N and matching question and i remember calling a friend (who had passed ielts) repeatedly and complaining bitterly. I always had very low scores there while i was practicing. I had issues too with the matching headlines until i watched the video of this lady Darian Sandmartin . And the whole thing was demystified for me. Please be calm and go through this links and others which may help you. Also, give yourself sometime to prepare. Practice and practice again. It is well with you.

Something also helped me though some people may not agree with it. I practiced with Academic test, I did this partly in ignorance for sometime before i realized I was working with academic instead of General test! The end result was that i mastered the harder tests (for months) and by the time i was doing my mop up reading on general test (this was about 2 weeks to the IELTS exam) it was like a walk in the park. Please do remember this took about 3 months for me so i had some time to play with.

I am not asking anyone to do this as my technique may not be what will work for you but this was something that seemed to work for me and it definitely helped me with the reading test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYl9PX7Ua_Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKdZALEoa4o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZGaUdIqSuk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpXQKgygS8I&t=2s

For those struggling with the speaking test, the JAM technique was most helpful for me. Till date, i can still speak about irrelevant (lolz) things and stretch the speaking time due to JAM technique. See link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0qT4cK-wtk&t=401s

Thanks a lot stonecoldcafe would check the links out

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by canadianxmas: 7:57am On Jan 23, 2018
mrstender:

You know sometimes I think we try too hard for my answer I wrote 22/7/1985( standard way to fill Dob on any form). I came across a question like this during my practice n that was the way the answer was written. I just adopted that straight. As for reading try e2language with Jay. He breaks it down really good, had 5.5 in my first test n 7.5 now.
Pls relax n practice e no easy but we no get choice. Kindly accept my 2cents.
Regards.
Thanks a lot MrsTender.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by canadianxmas: 7:58am On Jan 23, 2018
miliicarter:

http://ieltsliz.com/ demystified things for me
Thanks millicarter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 4Barr: 8:01am On Jan 23, 2018
[quote author=exceedinglory post=64429948][/quote]
The details have already been captured truly but due to historical antecedent, they often send ADR for you to fill a Schedule A form in the course of the application. It only makes your application faster to forestall any possibility of ADR. It is not set in stone that they will definitely request for it, just been proactive.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by naijaismyown: 8:05am On Jan 23, 2018
Please I’m new here so I don’t really know how to quote and refer to earlier posts yet. But please just to be sure when I formulate the trf number for ielts and it doesn’t jive with what’s on the real McCoy I can always edit the profile post ita?

All this na for make i no miss out on ita tomorrow oh
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 4Barr: 8:05am On Jan 23, 2018
[quote author=exceedinglory post=64429948][/quote]

The details have already been captured truly but due to historical antecedent, they often send ADR for you to fill a Schedule A form in the course of the application. It only makes your application faster to forestall any possibility of ADR. It is not set in stone that they will definitely request for it, just been proactive.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 4wearegreat: 8:07am On Jan 23, 2018
mcstan18:

Thank you @Kontagious for the insightful input but I think you more or less buttressed my initial response. The bolded alludes to that. They did contact the line head but perhaps needed some additional clarification from HR and I totally agree with you. Besides, I'd do the same if I were in their shoes because it's the duty of a Company's HR to determine staff JD, compensation, benefits and what have you. If I must accept a line manager's representation, then the HR has to endorse same. I do not think that invalidates the simple 'Yes' response given.

Thank you again for the case cited

I posted a story similar (on part 2 of this trend) to what @Kontagious shared. see [url]@https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/411#62159936[/url] .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 4wearegreat: 8:07am On Jan 23, 2018
mcstan18:

Thank you @Kontagious for the insightful input but I think you more or less buttressed my initial response. The bolded alludes to that. They did contact the line head but perhaps needed some additional clarification from HR and I totally agree with you. Besides, I'd do the same if I were in their shoes because it's the duty of a Company's HR to determine staff JD, compensation, benefits and what have you. If I must accept a line manager's representation, then the HR has to endorse same. I do not think that invalidates the simple 'Yes' response given.

Thank you again for the case cited

I posted a story similar to what @Kontagious shared. see https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/411#62159936 posted at 3:26pm.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by OJaySeenson: 8:10am On Jan 23, 2018
Bros, if E sure you, put your POF, make I post my IELTS results for here. Only kidding on that, but you need to realise there is more than one way to skin a cat (or something like that)...so as weird (or untrue) as it sounds to you, I am proof that it works.

Obi1conte:

Make una come oooo!!! The 8th wonder of the world is here. He/she closed their eyes during ielts listening test. Please how dd you know what question u were answering?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by area74: 8:22am On Jan 23, 2018
Good morning fellow nairalanders.

Kindly help with this question.

I am about to enter the pool but I need to get clarifications from the experienced ones. I am a single man but I have a son. How am I going to indicate this in the profile? Would the POF be for one person or two because of the baby? Please help out.

Thank you for your responses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Raconteur14(m): 8:29am On Jan 23, 2018
nanaghano:
Thanks guys

Like so many people have advised, going for a remark and waiting for 12 weeks just for three extra points that is not sure is not worth it at the end of it all. By the way, so many things might have happened in the pool by then and scores might have dropped.

But if your ECA is pending because of the ASUU strike and might delay significantly and you are absolutely sure it is worth the re-mark, by all means, ask for a re-mark. Just know that this is only for three extra points.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by kissoflife: 8:33am On Jan 23, 2018
Dejav:
my status just got updated to approved, waiting for pick up mail, how about yours?

Got PUM yet? I am still waiting
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Saintp(m): 8:34am On Jan 23, 2018
Please guys, for those who used IQAS, is there any trick To Help make it faster? It seems some people get their report even before 10weeks after all documents are received.

My transcript got there on Nov 14 and I received the second mail a month ago after I contacted them. Should I contact them again? Will it help? I don't want to miss the next 2 draws at most.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 8:34am On Jan 23, 2018
@ Emmasonic

This is doable, it's what works for you. research has it that you recall more when your eyes are closed. The person that is closing his eyes and listening has blocked out visual distractions.

To every man his own!

optionese:

Yup i did this when listening to the questions. Wrote ielts once got 8.5. You need the voice to speak. Eyes shut works well . I practices this way too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nanaghano: 8:34am On Jan 23, 2018
Sugaro:
Hmm, I don't understand u shocked. U want to wait for like10wks or more for just 3marks that's not guaranteed sef?
Abeg jump into the pool without looking back joor
I totally get you but I still have a spare 5 week before entering the pool because my hubby's ielts exam is 10th February. So I wanted to know if the remark will be out before then. But since its just three points. I won't bother again jare. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Walegy: 8:38am On Jan 23, 2018
It doesn't worth it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 8:44am On Jan 23, 2018
Saintp:
Please guys, for those who used IQAS, is there any trick To Help make it faster? It seems some people get their report even before 10weeks after all documents are received.

My transcript got there on Nov 14 and I received the second mail a month ago after I contacted them. Should I contact them again? Will it help? I don't want to miss the next 2 draws at most.

Not sure it applies to all, but from my experience (Got my eca 6weeks after 2nd email), sending them a mail after 4 weeks helps to spur them to action.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Dotcman: 8:44am On Jan 23, 2018
[quote author=Jolao post=64430145]
I've experienced both British council and IDP/Mod, I'll strongly recommend IDP/MOD for these reasons.
1. The registration is straightforward. On Two different occasions, payment was made to BC and they never acknowledged it, they won't pick your calls and they won't respond to their mail, I've had no choice than to go to their office.
2. They respond to all enquiries as soon as possible.
3. The speaking test is flexible, I was given 3 different dates and time to choose from which I did and it was honoured(this might not apply in all cases)
4. Less population
5. IDP/MOD is more organised during examination, candidates were provided with writing materials, you can't come in with your writing materials and they get to sharpen your pencils for you during examination... As many times as you want it and they provided bottled water if you request for one
6. But no headphones for listening test in IDP/MOD centers, a speaker was used but it was audible and okay for me but some people complained and actually preferred a headphone which BC provides.
My first attempt was with BC, the whole thing stressed me out, we spent more than 1 hour in the hall trying to fix the audio and to make sure everybody's headphones worked properly before the exam, but the more the tried, the more plenty people complained, we had to do the reading test first for them to fix the Audio, My result LSWR/ 6.5 ,7,7,7. It was so annoying.
This is just my opinion.[8/quote]

I very much agree with you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.