Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1293889 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by beckycute1: 10:42pm On Jan 28, 2018
40manlappy:

I think you have 45 days to submit, right? Please verify.

Get all the necessary documents handy. If the scores do not go down within the period (say 40 days), maybe you should consider the OINP before the NOI expires. A bird in the hand....just a suggestion.

Thank you.... That's what I plan to do.... There is likely going to be 3 draws before the 45 days validity....if not favorable, I'd go the OINP route
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by drdams: 10:48pm On Jan 28, 2018
Inception12:
It depends on which stage you're at:

1. If before AOR, your points are recalculated to include your spouse
2. If after AOR, you need to raise a CSE and inform your VO as soon as you're married and they will ask for some documents for your spouse which you will have to upload
3.If after COPR, you have to return the COPR and then upload some documents for your spouse and if everything is okay, they'll issue new COPRs for you and your spouse.

For more info, check out the link below on the canadavisa forum

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/getting-married-after-ppr.403906/

many thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by beckycute1: 10:53pm On Jan 28, 2018
Canadianfly:

Mehn that 438 will take time oh. My advice to anyone in the 430s is to do anything to improve your score. Coz folks in the pool are constantly improving their scores with either better ielts or ECA. And with CIC sticking to 2750 ITAs with tie breaking rule and biweekly to three weeks draw, anything below 440 go hard or take grace. Beckycute1 accept the NOI if you can afford it and time is not a luxury.
Thank you..... Will do but as advised will start gathering relevant docs while i wait out and see the next 2/3 draws
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by beckycute1: 10:55pm On Jan 28, 2018
CanadianEnginee:

You will get ITA with that 438. Just be patient and save your c$1500.

Btw,when exactly did you get the NOI ? Did you create another EE profile recently? If yes, when?
Thank you..... I just created my profile on the 3rdd Jan
The OiNP is targeting newly created profiles... Folks with not so great CRS are been advised to recreate another profile to get a chance at been invited for nomination
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by CanadianEnginee(m): 10:58pm On Jan 28, 2018
beckycute1:

Thank you..... I just created my profile on the 3rdd Jan
The OiNP is targeting newly created profiles... Folks with not so great CRS are been advised to recreate another profile to get a chance at been invited for nomination

I'm on 429. I just withdrew and created another EE profile.

Waiting to see if the cutoff for Ontario PNP will come down to 429.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dumsydsassy1: 12:00am On Jan 29, 2018
Congratulations!

Kenon1:
Thank God o!
IQAS assessment long journey that started on 30/10/2017 ended yesterday 27/01/2018.
The long waiting worths it as it was compensated by IQAS in the Law degree assessment as first professional degree which WES had assessed as four bachelors degree.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ykjgirls: 1:40am On Jan 29, 2018
[quote author=CanadianEnginee post=64596418]

Waiting to see if the cutoff for Ontario PNP will come down to 429. [/quote

Team 429....I hail o...patiently waiting.....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 7:57am On Jan 29, 2018
Me o!!
Uzoreen:
I received AOR dated 22nd January. Even though i submitted on the 21st and i got the email for AOR like 5mins later. Please who else has AOR for 22nd o. Make we de support ourselves with prayers.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nestkojex(m): 8:10am On Jan 29, 2018
It's still the same my dear.... Note they are increasing it sharply from May... So it's rude m wise to register now before it goes up. Thanks.
Ethelia:

New in the what?? lol. It used to be 68k but it has slightly increased
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Saintp(m): 8:14am On Jan 29, 2018
Please ooo, I made an update on my EE profile yesterday and I didn't receive an email confirming the update. The first update I made to my profile last December, I received an email confirming the update but surprisingly the last 2 updates I made, I did not receive an email confirmation even though I always sign and transmit. Is this a problem?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Uzoreen: 8:33am On Jan 29, 2018
My sister! It is well..... wink

Julie2018:
Me o!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by kaima29: 8:36am On Jan 29, 2018
Am ab
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by lilyandie: 9:04am On Jan 29, 2018
Good morning everyone,

Please when sending your passport to Accra, what did you include in the package other than your passport. Am I to fill the IMM008 FORM? I am so confused.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by balogunsam(m): 9:21am On Jan 29, 2018
Uzoreen:
I received AOR dated 22nd January. Even though i submitted on the 21st and i got the email for AOR like 5mins later. Please who else has AOR for 22nd o. Make we de support ourselves with prayers.

Yes o. Some folks received update in 10 days or thereabout but this one is now day 13 and counting. I however believe i am getting good news latest by Thursday. Stay strong!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by neni83: 10:03am On Jan 29, 2018
beckycute1:

Hello Neni,

The profile was created 3rd of Jan..my first profile actually

Morning fam...so i want to delete my profile and recreate a new one.pls wen asked if i hv applied b4...should my answer be yes or no?
pls help a sis out

cc:glitteringstar ,optionese
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by neni83: 10:10am On Jan 29, 2018
CanadianEnginee:

Waiting to see if the cutoff for Ontario PNP will come down to 429.

hi CanadianEnginee,i'm on 431 and i want withdrew my first application,and create another.when asked if u hv applied before for express entry?what was ur response?yes or no
thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by coolangel54(f): 10:15am On Jan 29, 2018
Good morning house. How do I process my IELTS? I went to the site and saw so many confusing codes, I intend using my Zenith account for the process. Also kindly provide a guide on how to raise a bank draft for me. Please help out a sister. I will be writing in Benin hopefully.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 10:27am On Jan 29, 2018
Amen o!!!
Any update since then?

Can I send you a PM?
Uzoreen:
My sister! It is well..... wink

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Canadianfly: 10:35am On Jan 29, 2018
coolangel54:
Good morning house. How do I process my IELTS? I went to the site and saw so many confusing codes, I intend using my Zenith account for the process. Also kindly provide a guide on how to raise a bank draft for me. Please help out a sister. I will be writing in Benin hopefully.

Hi there. Please take out time and read, then understand this whole process. The process of registering and paying for IELTS is very clear on the British council website. If you can't understand that one, how will one then understand the test they're taking to pass it?

Asking how you will raise a bank draft, visit the Cemetry titled Deceased Bank Drafts, then stand over any of the graves, then raise the bank draft from the dead. grin dunno why Nigerians use that term "raise bank draft" as if the bank draft died before.
Anyway, unless there's a bank named Nairaland...I don't know how anyone can guide you on that other than you going to your bank and asking them. My point is do not rely heavily on this forum for every tiny wincy question you have. Do your own I research then ask questions that are peculiar to your case. You can't wing it, trust me. Calm down and all the best grin

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Canadianfly: 10:38am On Jan 29, 2018
neni83:

hi CanadianEnginee,i'm on 431 and i want withdrew my first application,and create another.when asked if u hv applied before for express entry?what was ur response?yes or no
thank you

What does it say on the CIC website? Doesn't it say that creating an EE profile doesn't mean you have submitted an application for PR, until you are ITA'ed, paid the fees and submitted? If that's the case, what will be the answer to the question you're now asking? Take a wild guess wink

Ps: I'm assuming you meant to write profile not application @ the bolded. Na you dey confuse ya sef with the terms.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by hiscules: 10:47am On Jan 29, 2018
coolangel54:
www.britishcouncil.org.ng and follow the instructions. You may need to visit your bank too.

Also why don't you begin with the evaluation of your transcripts first. While u wait, read intensely for ielts. Except u have 68k to dash BC.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by agates: 10:48am On Jan 29, 2018
balogunsam:

Yes o. Some folks received update in 10 days or thereabout but this one is now day 13 and counting. I however believe i am getting good news latest by Thursday. Stay strong!

Hmm. I received AOR on 13th of January and no update yet too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by neni83: 11:08am On Jan 29, 2018
Canadianfly:

What does it say on the CIC website? Doesn't it say that creating an EE profile doesn't mean you have submitted an application for PR, until you are ITA'ed, paid the fees and submitted? If that's the case, what will be the answer to the question you're now asking? Take a wild guess wink

Ps: I'm assuming you meant to write profile not application @ the bolded. Na you dey confuse ya sef with the terms.

merci...yeah i meant profile o jare...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Uzoreen: 11:32am On Jan 29, 2018
Nothing yet o! Yes pls, lets be gingering ourselves.

Julie2018:
Amen o!!!
Any update since then?

Can I send you a PM?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Uzoreen: 11:33am On Jan 29, 2018
Im sure u will get news soonest. Im hoping to also get good news too soon. God's speed!

balogunsam:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Canadianfly: 11:40am On Jan 29, 2018
Quick advise to the house,

If your score is not that great, I.e. below 440 and your spouse hasn't yet sat for IELTS, I'll recommend you encourage them to give IELTS a shot to improve your score. There are two benefits to this:

1) you stand to gain 20 points from them. Giving you a fighting chance for ITA.
2) saves you money in future when it's time to apply for citizenship as proof of English/French language test is one of the requirements for Canadian citizenship. Good thing is they'll even accept the results even if it has expired. As long as you get above CLB 4/4.5.

So in a way you are winning all round and saving for the future, who know...maybe the price for IELTS then will be $500 as against the N68K you can pay now grin

If you're single and your CRS is below 440 and you have maxed out IELTS, look in your neighborhood for a local MFM to join. grin

Just kidding....

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by JESUSisable: 12:18pm On Jan 29, 2018
[quote author=Canadianfly post=64607533]Quick advise to the house,

If your score is not that great, I.e. below 440 and your spouse hasn't yet sat for IELTS, I'll recommend you encourage them to give IELTS a shot to improve your score. There are two benefits to this:

1) you stand to gain 20 points from them. Giving you a fighting chance for ITA.
2) saves you money in future when it's time to apply for citizenship as proof of English/French language test is one of the requirements for Canadian citizenship. Good thing is they'll even accept the results even if it has expired. As long as you get above CLB 4/4.5.

So in a way you are winning all round and saving for the future, who know...maybe the price for IELTS then will be $500 as against the N68K you can pay now grin

If you're single and your CRS is below 440 and you have maxed out IELTS, look in your neighborhood for a local MFM to join. grin

Just kidding....

Canadafly u wont kill persin oh cheesy. May God forgive u

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by doyinwbaby: 12:19pm On Jan 29, 2018
Can someone please explain to me why people delete EE profile and recreate? does that boost your chances? 'cos i dont get it.

sorry if my question sounds stupid. i just dont understand.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Inception12: 12:24pm On Jan 29, 2018
Hello good people,

How long does the physical mail that WES uses for verification take to reach? The university has denied receiving an email form WES regarding my verification and apparently WES cant disclose the email they sent to due to confidentiality reasons.

I've emailed them to resend it but i got the generic email below:

Your academic records have been sent to the institution for verification by email and mail. The status for these documents will be updated in My Account once their response is received and accepted by WES.

We appreciate your patience in allowing your former institution sufficient time to respond to our request.

I wish i had used IQAs
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 12:26pm On Jan 29, 2018
They are looking at getting invited by Ontario province to apply for nomination. Ontario reviews only newly created profiles to determine people who meet their criteria.

People also have to re-create their profile if for some reason they are found ineligible, you cannot edit an ineligible profile. Example of such reasons include: choosing NOC C as against 0, A or B.

doyinwbaby:
Can someone please explain to me why people delete EE profile and recreate? does that boost your chances? 'cos i dont get it.

sorry if my question sounds stupid. i just dont understand.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 40manlappy: 1:00pm On Jan 29, 2018
Kenon1:
Thank God o!
IQAS assessment long journey that started on 30/10/2017 ended yesterday 27/01/2018.
The long waiting worths it as it was compensated by IQAS in the Law degree assessment as first professional degree which WES had assessed as four years bachelor's degree.

Congrats! Guess IELTS is sorted already?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 1:00pm On Jan 29, 2018
My people, I am trying to edit the job title and NOC on my work history post-ITA but it is not saving and moving to the next field "Research". Who knows what I might doing wrong. But when I "save & add", it adds the same info I edited, but now refuses to save and exit. It just keeps rolling and show the same page. What's the implication of using the "start again"button on top of the field?
Please help!

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.