Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,917 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1297744 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by MissG(f): 9:34pm On Feb 03, 2018
lilyandie:
Praise God!!! Just got PPR !!!!!

My God has done it o. Team LVO

AOR - Sept 26

IP 1 came before I got medical passed (don't know why)

ADR - For travel history ( I have an extensive travel history)

Medical Passed - October 21

lilyandie Congratulations on your PPR.

Please what website did you order you GCMS notes.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Uzoreen: 10:06pm On Feb 03, 2018
Please dont be discouraged. I felt the same way after i did mine. I remember trying to figure out how to pay another 68k and i finally just allowed God to take control and stop worrying. I decided to put in more effort in my other exams. Let just say, it all ended with a very huge praise to God.

Long story short, Pls, be confident and don't loose hope. Focus on the ones to come

rolled:
Hello guys
I took my speaking test today in Lagos and I feel I won’t make it���
I am fluent in communication but I felt the examiner wasn’t convinced
Maybe it’s my thoughts anyway
Preparing for the written test next week Saturday

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by jelmusboy(m): 10:11pm On Feb 03, 2018
Is a reference letter from my line manager/supervisor tenable instead of from Director of Admin or HR?

Also, my partner did only IELTS but not ECA ecaluation. Will I fill in her education details in the EE application. She has an MSc degree which we didn't evaluate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by pepe1: 10:15pm On Feb 03, 2018
I greet everyone in this wonderful house.

Pls I read somewhere in the where somebody used a valuation for his property as a POF.

Pls can someone point me to that link or throw more light.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by rolled: 11:34pm On Feb 03, 2018
Thanks alot

Uzoreen:
Please dont be discouraged. I felt the same way after i did mine. I remember trying to figure out how to pay another 68k and i finally just allowed God to take control and stop worrying. I decided to put in more effort in my other exams. Let just say, it all ended with a very huge praise to God.

Long story short, Pls, be confident and don't loose hope. Focus on the ones to come

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by pepe1: 12:04am On Feb 04, 2018
Newmum0615:
Please go ahead, but ensure you have the documents showing former ownership, the sales agreement e.g deed of sales and transfer evidence from buyer to you to back up your POF. Good luck.

Pls what do you think about getting a valuation for a residential property and using the valuation as a proof of fund.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Horlalaykon: 12:28am On Feb 04, 2018
@Aka2003 and others, please help me out on the travel history section. Am I required to include all travels outside my country of citizenship (Nigeria) or country residence (Germany) or both. Do I need to include travel between my country of citizenship and country of residence?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by SUPERGEEAK: 2:02am On Feb 04, 2018
Long post alert!!!

This is my story

I started in May 2017 with my ECA which I sent to PEBC, it was supposed to last for 8weeks but it extended beyond that but I was always sending them! mails just to know what was happening, I wrote my first Ielts 19th Aug 2017,my results were poor(7,6,6,7.5...LRWS) which made me depressed and I said I wasn't going to write till December (that was my greatest mistake, I should have tried writing another as soon as possible,undertand what I was not doing right ....rather I was trying to recover from the shock), I started reading all over again for December, I made use of the listening practice questions on YouTube, I printed Cambridge past questions for reading ,both academic and general training, though I practiced more with the academics... I went through ieltsbuddy.com and ieltsliz.com for more tips, the resources shared in the group also, my result came out a bit better except for reading which made me sad(7.5, 5.5, 7,7.5 ....LRWS respectively )....A friend then advised me to write another immediately, I was supposed to register for 6th of Jan but the date was closed, so I opted for 20th with hubby this time.... I had to re-strategize, and look at what I wasn't doing right in my listening and reading.... I realised I needed to take notes/jot of some points while listening becos synonyms are used most times and I could match them afterwards since I won't be able to listen again, this improved my listening, I did at least one listening per day, at times 2-3 and my scores were from 35 and above, so I knew the method worked for me and had to learn to use short hand so that I don't miss the next points,i made sure my concentration was 100% also my answers were in block, for both listening and reading, a friend advised me to get Barron's past questions, my hubby printed alot of it, which I used to practice without exam condition, this was to help me with understanding the true /false/NG questions, also practised my skimming and scanning skills and under exam conditions, that was when I realised my mistakes, I tried to time myself for each of the section spending more time on the last section since its the longest....All I practised was put into action on the exam day and somewhere in my mind I knew I was going to excel God by my side and with all the effort I put , but fear still didn't let me check the result even though I knew I did well , it was hubby that checked and I just thank God for the results, also I tried to encourage myself and look beyond how much I gave to BC, got encouragement from my family and friends (8,8,7,8 )..I got my eca report last week in January... Combination of my Ielts, eca and hubby's Ielts gave me 456 as CRS

Note: Winners don't quit and quitters don't win

38 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by teebabee34: 2:55am On Feb 04, 2018
Hello house,

am very much new to the thread. I will like to ask if it is possible to combine IELTS results? I wrote two exams and i was thinking if i could use the both of them in the application.
Secondly, has anyone tried to evaluate with WES, certificates from schools of hygiene and Lagos state teaching hospitals (LUTH) and what was your experience?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Mzstephh(f): 3:57am On Feb 04, 2018
Hey I ended up using degree date. i.e date I got my certificate.
Numerouuuno:

Hello Mzstephh, what did you end up using?
Degree Date or Internship Date?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Mzstephh(f): 4:00am On Feb 04, 2018
I can only answer the first question, no you can not combine ielts result unfortunately it needs to be only one. These are the best scores to get to boost your crs points Reading 7-7.5 Speaking 7-7.5 listening 8.0- 8.5 Writing 7-7.5.
teebabee34:
Hello house,

am very much new to the thread. I will like to ask if it is possible to combine IELTS results? I wrote two exams and i was thinking if i could use the both of them in the application.
Secondly, has anyone tried to evaluate with WES, certificates from schools of hygiene and Lagos state teaching hospitals (LUTH) and what was your experience?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vickyehi: 4:15am On Feb 04, 2018
sthillz:

She's not your step sister but your half sister since you share a biological parent

I would suggest adding a letter from your dad explaining he's both your dad

Noted
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by stonecoldcafe: 5:11am On Feb 04, 2018
SUPERGEEAK:
Long post alert!!!

This is my story
how much I gave to BC, got encouragement from my family and friends (8,8,7,8 )..I got my eca report last week in January...

Fantastic story!
Lesson, take note of your weak points and work hard at it. Congrats. Get ready to slide into the pool. I'm sure all your documents are ready.

Your ECA though; damn took forever.
Its well
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by lakesidesan: 6:01am On Feb 04, 2018
Hi everyone, i am new here.

ECA assessment is available for MSc in Electronic Engineering.
IELTS RESULT ..S6 L7 R7 W8

can anyone help with information on where these results are useful hoping to get a better result in my next Ielts test.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:28am On Feb 04, 2018
lakesidesan:
Hi everyone, i am new here.

ECA assessment is available for MSc in Electronic Engineering.
IELTS RESULT ..S6 L7 R7 W8

can anyone help with information on where these results are useful hoping to get a better result in my next Ielts test.
Thank you

What is your simulated CRS score?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:50am On Feb 04, 2018
SUPERGEEAK:
Long post alert!!!

This is my story

I started in May 2017 with my ECA which I sent to PEBC, it was supposed to last for 8weeks but it extended beyond that but I was always sending them! mails just to know what was happening, I wrote my first Ielts 19th Aug 2017,my results were poor(7,6,6,7.5...LRWS) which made me depressed and I said I wasn't going to write till December (that was my greatest mistake, I should have tried writing another as soon as possible,undertand what I was not doing right ....rather I was trying to recover from the shock), I started reading all over again for December, I made use of the listening practice questions on YouTube, I printed Cambridge past questions for reading ,both academic and general training, though I practiced more with the academics... I went through ieltsbuddy.com and ieltsliz.com for more tips, the resources shared in the group also, my result came out a bit better except for reading which made me sad(7.5, 5.5, 7,7.5 ....LRWS respectively )....A friend then advised me to write another immediately, I was supposed to register for 6th of Jan but the date was closed, so I opted for 20th with hubby this time.... I had to re-strategize, and look at what I wasn't doing right in my listening and reading.... I realised I needed to take notes/jot of some points while listening becos synonyms are used most times and I could match them afterwards since I won't be able to listen again, this improved my listening, I did at least one listening per day, at times 2-3 and my scores were from 35 and above, so I knew the method worked for me and had to learn to use short hand so that I don't miss the next points,i made sure my concentration was 100% also my answers were in block, for both listening and reading, a friend advised me to get Barron's past questions, my hubby printed alot of it, which I used to practice without exam condition, this was to help me with understanding the true /false/NG questions, also practised my skimming and scanning skills and under exam conditions, that was when I realised my mistakes, I tried to time myself for each of the section spending more time on the last section since its the longest....All I practised was put into action on the exam day and somewhere in my mind I knew I was going to excel God by my side and with all the effort I put , but fear still didn't let me check the result even though I knew I did well , it was hubby that checked and I just thank God for the results, also I tried to encourage myself and look beyond how much I gave to BC, got encouragement from my family and friends (8,8,7,8 )..I got my eca report last week in January... Combination of my Ielts, eca and hubby's Ielts gave me 456 as CRS

Very encouraging..congratulations!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nestkojex(m): 7:51am On Feb 04, 2018
If you really wanted to help, you would have dropped it here and not be talking about "pm me"... People could use that method to exploit others who are not experienced... Your actions needed to be attacked... You acted as if you had ulterior motives. It should stop.
Threemg:

GOD bless you sir....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by lakesidesan: 9:33am On Feb 04, 2018
My simulated Crs are :
1. Without my wife's eca and ielts. 334

2. As a single applicant 354

3. With my wife's proposed eca and ielts 356

Note: i predicted minimum of band 6 for my wife's LSWR
That was how i arrived at the score for number 3
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by lakesidesan: 9:34am On Feb 04, 2018
My simulated Crs are :
1. Without my wife's eca and ielts. 334

2. As a single applicant 354

3. With my wife's proposed eca and ielts 356

Note: i predicted minimum of band 6 for my wife's LSWR
That was how i arrived at the score for number 3.
Note2: My wife eca is almost complete and she is to write ielts in March 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by rchilee: 9:36am On Feb 04, 2018
SUPERGEEAK:
d look beyond how much I gave to BC, got encouragement from my family and friends (8,8,7,8 )..I got my eca report last week in January... Combination of my Ielts, eca and hubby's Ielts gave me 456 as CRS

I will tap into this...

first attempt:6.5,7,7,6.5
second attempt:7.5,7.5,7,7

I will give it the final shot...I am so tired of the listening

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 04, 2018
rchilee:

I will tap into this...

first attempt:6.5,7,7,6.5
second attempt:7.5,7,7,7

I will give it the final shot...I am so tired of the listening

But can I ask? If ECA is complete, cant one just enter the pool with scores like this? And then rewrite the ielts while in the pool.

A draw may favor one with scores like 7.5,7,7,7
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by jelmusboy(m): 9:51am On Feb 04, 2018
ADVICE PLS...

I started working in a government hospital in June 2013. Fortunately for me, I got a scholarship to study in the UK which I started in January 2015, invariably means I "left" the job in January 2015. Prior to leaving, I wrote a letter to the management to grant me study leave which after many bureaucratic hurdles, it was granted in June 2015. Although, I decided that whether they grant it or not, am leaving.

After the study leave approval, my salary and allowances which was stopped was paid and I was paid up till December 2016. I finished my studies in the UK in May 2016 and since then, I am still in the UK doing one or two things. Legally though.

My question now is:

1. If I want to write my work experience date, is it supposed to be from June 2013 till December 2016 when my salary was stopped or January 2015 when I left for UK?

2. Because I left and never returned to the job, I couldn't go to the Admin department to get a reference letter but my manager/supervisor gave me a reference letter when I visited Nigeria last year which covers from June 2013 to January 2015. Should I use the reference letter or I should just humble myself and use my payslips that covers from the month I started work till December 2016?

I actually preferred to get the reference letter from my supervisor because she was the only one who understand and knows my job description. As we know that most government establishment doesn't have job description for employees.

3. The letter my supervisor gave me was on a letter-head paper with his email and phone number. If they need to verify, who will they contact? I checked the hospital website but they don't have a functional contact number or email address.

4. If I get ITA and am asked to upload reference letter, should I upload the letter my supervisor gave me and payslip to back it up or I should wait until they require me to back the reference letter up with additional documents?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by rchilee: 9:53am On Feb 04, 2018
sthillz:

But can I ask? If ECA is complete, cant one just enter the pool with scores like this? And then rewrite the ielts while in the pool.

A draw may favor one with scores like 7.5,7,7,7

I am in the pool already, 29, BSc, married and less than 400. spouse did ECA & IELTS too. Trick is 8,7,7,7 is the least best grade for PA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by optionese: 10:01am On Feb 04, 2018
DadR:
Did my speaking test today too at same centre with you. The examiner was kinda rushing me. He asked more than the required questions in my opinion, did what I could do sha. LRW loading next week. May God crown our little efforts and grant us our desired scores, Amen.

LOL @more than the required questions. As par assistant examiner .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 10:30am On Feb 04, 2018
optionese:

Lmao as in ehn cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 10:35am On Feb 04, 2018
optionese:

lmao grin cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Loffloff: 10:45am On Feb 04, 2018
Please can someone share a sample letter of explanation on different names on documents and bank statement as well as LOE on POF coming From an accompanying spouse?
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by shubraba: 11:01am On Feb 04, 2018
Adiahabasi:

Awww! Kudos to you guys, una three much! Glittering star kiss
PPR landed last week o. Got a double miracle. PPR came in the morning, & then my school's senate approved my PhD thesis that afternoon... PPR+PhD= God's Overwhelming Joy! Now ready to port!
Timeline:
CRS score: 464
1st ITA: Jan 11, 2017
2nd ITA: April
AOR: June 14
Meds passed: July 10
IP1 & NA2: July 11
Transfered to London VO: August 23
IP2: November 22nd
ADR: Nov 24; RPRF & Updated POF
ADR Submitted: Nov 28
PPR: Nov 29!
God is faithful!

Declined the first ITA because POF had only been in my acct for 3 months, I wanted to show it had been there for over 6months....won't advice anyone to wait that long cos of that.

A part of my work history was self-employed. For this, I included CAC registration, 6 months bank statement, a reference letter written by the company administrator, and a similar reference letter written by a client (regular payments from the client showed on the account statement). Got no ADR on employment.

LVO wait is not a "small something" especially when one keeps seeing Ottawa timelines almost as fast as the speed of light. Puts one in a state of limbo!
So happy the Canadian dream is almost a reality!

Special thanks to Dupyshoo, God blessed that babe with patience extraordinare. Thanks to all those who also answered all my numerous questions early last year, vcole, JesusDway, Zandora, physiobabe, e.t.c may we all flourish in the "PROMISED LAND.

Woah congratulations.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by engrjoseph208: 11:04am On Feb 04, 2018
pls I want to start the express entry but I have a question. I am planning my wedding later this year, if i start as a couple I might not get ITA as my points will have reduced. If i start as single, i will get ITA immediately. Is it possible I start now b4 wedding and after getting ITA nd submit my application, I should get married, can I include my new wife or is it not possible? I intend to provide enough POF for two people right from d beginning of my application. Sorry for my typos.

Gurus in d house pls help me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emmasonic4me: 11:18am On Feb 04, 2018
jelmusboy:
ADVICE PLS...

I started working in a government hospital in June 2013. Fortunately for me, I got a scholarship to study in the UK which I started in January 2015, invariably means I "left" the job in January 2015. Prior to leaving, I wrote a letter to the management to grant me study leave which after many bureaucratic hurdles, it was granted in June 2015. Although, I decided that whether they grant it or not, am leaving.

After the study leave approval, my salary and allowances which was stopped was paid and I was paid up till December 2016. I finished my studies in the UK in May 2016 and since then, I am still in the UK doing one or two things. Legally though.

My question now is:

1. If I want to write my work experience date, is it supposed to be from June 2013 till December 2016 when my salary was stopped or January 2015 when I left for UK?

2. Because I left and never returned to the job, I couldn't go to the Admin department to get a reference letter but my manager/supervisor gave me a reference letter when I visited Nigeria last year which covers from June 2013 to January 2015.

Synonym for the bolded.... Because I absconded from my duty and probably violated the terms of agreement for the study leave granted...Chai, who no like better thing.... It's payback time bro. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Medal007: 11:20am On Feb 04, 2018
Fill the details under personal history for Hajia's results and for the ref letter other evidences of work should accompany the letter, like payslip appointment letter e.t.c
jelmusboy:
Is a reference letter from my line manager/supervisor tenable instead of from Director of Admin or HR?

Also, my partner did only IELTS but not ECA ecaluation. Will I fill in her education details in the EE application. She has an MSc degree which we didn't evaluate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 11:24am On Feb 04, 2018
Point of corrction: 8777 is CLB 9 and is not the best score for a PA. It is the minimum score for you to get the extra 25/50 points for education/ skills transferability.

To get the maximum score for English language skills, you need CLB 10 which is LRWS of 8.5,8,7.5,7.5. This will give you a total of 128 points while 8777 will give you 116 (I think, you may confirm) points.

Even if someone entered the pool with the 7.5,77, it is unlikely the person will get up to 400 points, it is really of no use except you just want to be in the pool early such that after updating new scores you can beat the tie rule if it ever applies to you.

rchilee:

I am in the pool already, 29, BSc, married and less than 400. spouse did ECA & IELTS too. Trick is 8,7,7,7 is the least best grade for PA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.