Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,724 members, 7,820,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1298084 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by walebaba2008(f): 10:22pm On Feb 02, 2018
This may also help!

EXPRESS ENTRY APPLICATION LIFE CYCLE:

A basic summary (P.S. Timelines and order may vary based on country and stream):

1. eAOR - electronic Acknowledgement of Receipt - a templated letter saying that your application is submitted with the application number mentioned (applicants may use this to apply for a BOW Permit, if applicable);

2. Meds Passed - Medicals Pass and file is initially opened to check for R10 satisfaction at the CIO (Central Intake Office);

3. BG IP(1) - Background Check in Progress for the first time - usually happens on the same day your Meds Pass. At this stage they check for all documents and that whether the applicant is not missing any documents. They are not scrutinized at this stage, except for Police Clearance certificate (dates, and period is covered based on your answers from the Personal and Travel History); Additional docs (like Schedule A, Travel History, Family Info, Proof of something, etc.) may be requested at this stage.

4. *Next Step is to conduct a Background Check - NBG (not all applicants see this) - This is usually only when an applicant submits an RCMP report and thus the security check is done later.

5. BG NA - Not Applicable - usually happens between 1-2 months from eAOR. This is where applicants' first phase of A11.1 Eligibility and documents are checked by the CIO. At this stage the agent checks if the points match, are above the round's ITA points, eligibility under the stream is met, points are claimed genuinely and if there are no irregularities in the docs or work exp, NOC, etc. After this the application is sent to the Local Visa Office (LVO) for finalization and second checks.

6. BG IP(2) - Background Check in Progress for the second time - This is the stage wherein the LVO opens the file to check your entire application and confirm the notes and insights from the CIO agent. Eg. proof of funds, letter of employment, if any; This usually happens after all the security, criminality and eligibility is all okay. and at around the 4 months mark from the eAOR.

7. PPR - Passport Request email - Ready for Visa/Demande Finalé - This is the email which every applicant stresses and waits for, it is on this forum also known as The Golden Email. This means the officer is satisfied and has approved your application also has requested your passport (if needed) or photocopy of passport (if from visa-exempt country) along with 2 photos and annex A form, to stamp the Immigrant Visa and issue the CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residency (a letter serving proof that you are a PR). It is this letter used for "landing" at the border and in officially becoming a Permanent Resident. This letter is later also used for citizenship application (if applicable).

Source: Canadavisa

ogenel7:
Amen i will also share my testimony ..I am writing on 10th Feb too...

10 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ugohjosiah: 10:35pm On Feb 02, 2018
Pls on the pof, if you make recent deposit, is there a possibility of been disqualified?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by oladoyinsola: 10:36pm On Feb 02, 2018
Hello house, kindly help me with some clarifications. I sent my result to WES for evaluation by courier and it was delivered on 17th January 2018, but WES didn't acknowledge receipt until 19th January 2018.

Even after acknowledging, they said they're working on the result. Up till now, they haven't shown any update let alone send the result back to my school for verification. I learnt that this stage is supposed to be for 2-3 days after which WES will contact my school to verify the result.

I need insights into what could have happened as this delay is confusing to me,help out.
Thanks for your help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by oladoyinsola: 10:53pm On Feb 02, 2018
oladoyinsola:
Hello house, kindly help me with some clarifications. I sent my result to WES for evaluation by courier and it was delivered on 17th January 2018, but WES didn't acknowledge receipt until 19th January 2018.

Even after acknowledging, they said they're working on the result. Up till now, they haven't shown any update let alone send the result back to my school for verification. I learnt that this stage is supposed to be for 2-3 days after which WES will contact my school to verify the result.

I need insights into what could have happened as this delay is confusing to me,help out.
Thanks for your help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by beges: 11:09pm On Feb 02, 2018
pls does a lawyers certification adds more points?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by wizean(m): 11:16pm On Feb 02, 2018
Hello,

I understand your worry. My transcript was sent to WES on 19th Dec and was delivered on the 21st of Dec. WES did not get across to my school until the 4th of January.

You may try contacting them through the "Contact us" page.

oladoyinsola:

Thanks for your help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Memmie: 11:16pm On Feb 02, 2018
Thank you
qquote author=mzjennypher post=64718951]

@Memmie pls request for a remark u never can tell u might get lucky. all the best![/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Obi1conte: 11:49pm On Feb 02, 2018
sleekchic:

Congratulations, check what your CRS is with these scores, spouse may not need to retake

Thx for d input.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Obi1conte: 11:54pm On Feb 02, 2018
bbaby84:

I think spouse is fine as spouse should be giving like 16 or 17 points already. The maximum spouse can give is 20. Did spouse evaluate degree? That should add another 8 to 9 depending on level of qualification.
Don't waste 68k because of that.

Goodluck
Yeah spouse adding 18pts for first official language and yes degree was evaluated adding another 10pts.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by redocean: 12:49am On Feb 03, 2018
Chester2018:
Good Evening powerful ogas,
Kindly assist to determine the stage that I am currently at.Thanks for always.

NA2
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Loffloff: 1:03am On Feb 03, 2018
No need!!! That score will give you both the 20 points spouse can give PA
[
quote author=Obi1conte post=64731238]THANKS BE TO GOD!!!!!
EXPRESS ENTRY CANADA DREAM WILL NOT BREAK MY FAMILY. ALOT OF ARGUMENTS IN THE HOUSE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS. WIFEY RUNS A VERY BUSY WORK SCHEULE, SHE'S A MEDICAL DOCTOR......

We just checked our ielts results
1st attempt
P.A LRWS 8.5 8.5 7.0 7.5
SPOUSE LRWS 7.5, 9.0 7.0 7.0

should spouse be thinking of retaking test to max out scores?
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ashiwajew: 4:46am On Feb 03, 2018
Please what is the best way of paying for this IETLS exam. I was at GTB today to pay to do a transfer to Standard chartered as described in my confirmation email using my reference code but the bank says that the account number is wrong. And i used the 6 digits provided with my month code and last 2 digits of my passport as account number. Please i need to make this payment
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by balogunsam(m): 5:42am On Feb 03, 2018
Good morning fam.
Fellow January AORs, movement finally came last night.

- AOR - January 16th
-Medicals Passed - February 2
*background check has not started...Additional documents being revewed. i don't know if that is the norm. Could someone please help confirm if IP1 is in progress with the information provided?

...I'm sure its PPR straight for us!

Uzoreen and agates have you gotten the update too?

...We shall overcome! Godspeed to us all!

one early morning soon...very soon..I will write a PPR update here

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by balogunsam(m): 5:50am On Feb 03, 2018
ashiwajew:
Please what is the best way of paying for this IETLS exam. I was at GTB today to pay to do a transfer to Standard chartered as described in my confirmation email using my reference code but the bank says that the account number is wrong. And i used the 6 digits provided with my month code and last 2 digits of my passport as account number. Please i need to make this payment

I may not be able to help much. I paid for ours via transfer and had no issues. Had to calm down to read the instructions well, then followed them to the letter...if the bank said it was wrong, something must have gone wrong from your end. I used GTBank app for it. Try do it online. Cheers!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by balogunsam(m): 5:54am On Feb 03, 2018
oladoyinsola:

Thanks for your help.

Relax...Its usually like that for most..they will update it soon. You need to get busy with other things on this journey for the wait (which is inevitable) could wear you out. At your leisure time, you can also reach WES via Facebook. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by kareemHunt: 5:55am On Feb 03, 2018
Did you send a copy of your degree certificate to WES, in addition to your transcripts from your institution?
oladoyinsola:

Thanks for your help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by balogunsam(m): 5:56am On Feb 03, 2018
Ugohjosiah:
Pls on the pof, if you make recent deposit, is there a possibility of been disqualified?

Explain the recent deposit and back it up with correct documents
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by beges: 7:14am On Feb 03, 2018
beges:
pls does a lawyers certification adds more points?
my ppl,pls make una answer me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by oladoyinsola: 7:17am On Feb 03, 2018
Yes, I sent a copy of my certificate with the transcript.
kareemHunt:
Did you send a copy of your degree certificate to WES, in addition to your transcripts from your institution?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:30am On Feb 03, 2018
ashiwajew:

That thing also confused me so i just respected myself and went to raise bank drafts at FCMB

They charged me 315 naira

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Sugaro: 7:34am On Feb 03, 2018
ashiwajew:
you should have raised a draft in favor of BC, then take it to their office or by courier
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 8:04am On Feb 03, 2018
It is IP1.

balogunsam:
Good morning fam.

- AOR - January 16th
*background check has not started...Additional documents being revewed. i don't know if that is the norm. Could someone please help confirm if IP1 is in progress with the information provided?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Fuzzyman(f): 8:13am On Feb 03, 2018
ashiwajew:
Guys, i am already simulating my scores but i am not near 400 yet, whereas my assessment lawyer says 413. May be someone should just try to explainn what my score could be using this and suggest what i need to score in IETLS. I am 28 yrs, i am applying alone, a bachelor of science graduate in Nigeria, 2 years work experience in Nigeria, no relative in Canada, no work experience in Canada and i cannot speak French

Use the CRS tool [url][/url] http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Enter all the information correctly
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 8:15am On Feb 03, 2018
Amen @ the bolded. One day very soon. I already typed mine out. Just to insert the dates.
grin
balogunsam:
Good morning fam.

- AOR - January 16th

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 8:21am On Feb 03, 2018
Retake which test? Mafren will you enter that pool! She has given you at least 16 points.She has tried for you angry
Obi1conte:
THANKS BE TO GOD!!!!!
EXPRESS ENTRY CANADA DREAM WILL NOT BREAK MY FAMILY. ALOT OF ARGUMENTS IN THE HOUSE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS. WIFEY RUNS A VERY BUSY WORK SCHEULE, SHE'S A MEDICAL DOCTOR......

We just checked our ielts results
1st attempt
P.A LRWS 8.5 8.5 7.0 7.5
SPOUSE LRWS 7.5, 9.0 7.0 7.0

should spouse be thinking of retaking test to max out scores?

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by kareemHunt: 8:28am On Feb 03, 2018
You are in order then. You can try contacting them as someone suggested. Though I experienced same for my spouse. We sent our documents at the same time. Mine was sent for verification on time but hers was delayed. I guess because of her additional documentation for change of name
oladoyinsola:
Yes, I sent a copy of my certificate with the transcript.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kmgb: 8:43am On Feb 03, 2018
stonecoldcafe:

Your score is very good nah. Next draw and you should be in. @kmgb congrats.
I'm so excited to note a lot of vocal people (minus the observers oh) seemed to have aced ielts this time. This is quite refreshing from the last time. Congrats to all again. Good luck to the guys writing soon.

@wes I thank you for delivering on your promise to finish my evaluation today. To those still hanging on due to the strike, verily I declare 'this too shall pass'

Thanks for acknowledging my post. Congrats on your ECA,wish us all d very best at our different stages

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Obi1conte: 9:13am On Feb 03, 2018
Newmum0615:
Retake which test? Mafren will you enter that pool! She has given you at least 16 points.She has tried for you angry

Thanks for the encouragement.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by eyoiba(m): 10:05am On Feb 03, 2018
Kindly assist with below enquiry, I need to make decisions based on the information.

eyoiba:
Good morning family,
Please I need detailed information about Benin IELTS test center. I would like to know about in detail the following information from recent test takers at Benin:

1. Venue and the description to the written tests venue.
2. Venue and the description to the speaking test venue.
3. Facilities i.e whether the venue is conducive for writing the test and most ESPECIALLY, if HEADPHONES are provided for the listening and wether they WORK fine.
4. Affordable hotels around the test venue and the price range?
5. Any other helpful information.

Sorry for all my questions, its just that 68k (+ other expenses) no be beans grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by balogunsam(m): 10:32am On Feb 03, 2018
Newmum0615:
Amen @ the bolded. One day very soon. I already typed mine out. Just to insert the dates.
grin

Lol....abi oo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Obi1conte: 10:51am On Feb 03, 2018
eyoiba:
Kindly assist with below enquiry, I need to make decisions based on the information.

I wrote in Benin there was no problem what so ever with the venue (protea hotel) and yes we had earphones for the listening test.
There was a two hour delay the day i did my speaking test only because the BC officials had flight issues coming in from Abuja. I'll score the venue 100%

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by eyoiba(m): 10:56am On Feb 03, 2018
I'm grateful.

Obi1conte:

I wrote in Benin there was no problem what so ever with the venue (protea hotel) and yes we had earphones for the listening test.
There was a two hour delay the day i did my speaking test only because the BC officials had flight issues coming in from Abuja. I'll score the venue 100%

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.