Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1295808 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Canadianfly: 9:30pm On Feb 05, 2018
Just amazed how someone will click on a thread and see 200+ pages, and have balls to post on the last page asking for "urgent help". Like what did you think is being discussed in the last 200 pages you passed to post on the last page? I usually read at least 10 pages into a thread I meet to see what's up. To see if the conversation interests me, or if I'll find answer to what I need. It takes massive balls to just stroll in and ask a redundant question. Oh well.

Ps: Elfman don go. Either dey ban am or he deleted his account.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by IykeD(m): 9:30pm On Feb 05, 2018
Lagertha:
Hi guys,

I got an email today on how to find a job in Canada, what does this mean? I've submitted my application, passed medicals and I'm awaiting PPR

When was your AoR? I guess you are in NA2.
Well, most people are of the opinion that the mail is sent after one's file has been transfered to the "almighty" LVO.

Goodluck!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Lagertha: 9:44pm On Feb 05, 2018
Thanks, AOR was on Dec 21, 2017
IykeD:

Well, most people are of the opinion that the mail is sent after one's file has been transfered to the "almighty" LVO.

Goodluck!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Lagertha: 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2018
IykeD:

Goodluck!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 05, 2018
It doesn’t mean anything, got the same mail after I created my profile
Lagertha:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bonnie1: 9:48pm On Feb 05, 2018
Hello All, pls i need help. I just started a new job and i don't think HR would want to write me a letter to the embassy and all as even my letter says i cant take leave till one year after my resumption date. Can i upload my offer letter as a proof of my job? it has all the details asked like gross pay, duties, company details, signature etc. pls help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:48pm On Feb 05, 2018
Just want to take this time to acknowledge all that take time to answer questions here (for free). God go bless una well well!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Lagertha: 9:49pm On Feb 05, 2018
Aig84:
It doesn’t mean anything, got the same mail after I created my profile
Thank you, fingers crossed and praying for a speedy application process.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 05, 2018
Is this your first job? You need a minimum of a year work experience to qualify for FSW, if it isn’t and you need it to make up for three years then it’s advisable you go through your HR or your line head that can stick their head out for you. My 2cents
bonnie1:
Hello All, pls i need help. I just started a new job and i don't think HR would want to write me a letter to the embassy and all as even my letter says i cant take leave till one year after my resumption date. Can i upload my offer letter as a proof of my job? it has all the details asked like gross pay, duties, company details, signature etc. pls help

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emmasonic4me: 10:34pm On Feb 05, 2018
Talkingboy:

Cheers ... One love bro/Sis....

Ain't fighting no one o ...

Oga EMA , One love oooo... Just astonished by how much energy u put into writing that thing ," what happened to No , You can't use it"

I didn't come here to ask d meaning of WES or POF and others ,

It's something I spent days researching on....

One love still.. Cheers!!!

I wanted to reply properly until I noticed your moniker. grin

Please bro try and understand that if we continue like that, we will get to part 4 in no distant time without any useful discussions. Some folks here, myself inclusive, have claimed with faith that PPR must fall on us on this thread before its closed...

Thanks to all who reaffirmed my position on the matter. By the way,

Please am new here, what's the meaning of CIC?...no insults please am not feeling fine... Lol

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emmasonic4me: 10:40pm On Feb 05, 2018
5Kay:
Hey guys,

I applied for the remark of my ielts since dec 14th last year.

how do i know or check if the result is out?

Please for those of us who know or have done it before kindly educate.
Thanks.

They will send you an email when it's ready for collection. EOR usually takes between 10-12 weeks. Considering the date you applied, all seems to be normal so far. Take some patience pills and hope it favours you at the end to compensate for the wait.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emmasonic4me: 10:44pm On Feb 05, 2018
Lagertha:
Hi guys,

I got an email today on how to find a job in Canada, what does this mean? I've submitted my application, passed medicals and I'm awaiting PPR

Please don't take the email seriously as it doesn't mean anything. I also got it but still pre-ITA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DadR: 11:19pm On Feb 05, 2018
You should use the face value to calculate your POF as this is the value you will receive when the Tbills mature.

Guitarlife:
Hello friends. How was our day.
I have a quick question. On the treasury bill certificate we have the face value and discount value.

As we all know the face value is only realised after full maturity of the TB .

Can we still calculate the POF using the face value of it is the discount value that should be used ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by MRSDA: 11:56pm On Feb 05, 2018
Hello everyone,

PPR mail received today. Huge relief.

ITA- July 2017
AOR- Sept 6th
ADR - Sept 19th
MEP- Sept 20th
NA2- Sept 20th
FTD to LVO- October 30th
ADR- Feb 1(passport bio data pages, height and eye colour)
PPR- Feb 5th (my son's birthday)

Wishing everyone the best in their Canada journey.

68 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:11am On Feb 06, 2018
MRSDA:
Hello everyone,

ITA- July 2017
AOR- Sept 6th
ADR - Sept 19th
MEP- Sept 20th
NA2- Sept 20th
FTD to LVO- October 30th

Congrats!!!

Whats the meaning of NA please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 12:21am On Feb 06, 2018
MRSDA:
Hello everyone,

ITA- July 2017

Congratulations and happy belated birthday to your son

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 12:22am On Feb 06, 2018
MRSDA:
Hello everyone,

Congratulations!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 12:24am On Feb 06, 2018
@Guitarlife, I suggest you be conservative and use the discounted value. For me, I believe the question ia how much you have at the moment not how much you will have in the future.

Do note that TBs can be sold for cash prior to tenor expiration, it may not be held to maturity. Also, let"s say the TB's tenor is 1year and your PPR is to be issued in 2months, will they use the fave value in 1year's time to calculate how much you will take to Canada in 2month's time? Answer this and then you will have the answer to your question.

DadR:
You should use the face value to calculate your POF as this is the value you will receive when the Tbills mature.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 12:24am On Feb 06, 2018
@Guitarlife, I suggest you be conservative and use the discounted value. For me, I believe the question ia how much you have at the moment not how much you will have in the future.

Do note that TBs can be sold for cash prior to tenor expiration, it may not be held to maturity. Also, let"s say the TB's tenor is 1year and your PPR is to be issued in 2months, will they use the face value in 1year's time to calculate how much you will take to Canada in 2month's time? Answer this and then you will have the answer to your question.

DadR:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by walebaba2008(f): 12:25am On Feb 06, 2018
Congrats!!!

MRSDA:
Hello everyone,

ITA- July 2017
AOR- Sept 6th
ADR - Sept 19th
MEP- Sept 20th
NA2- Sept 20th
FTD to LVO- October 30th

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:34am On Feb 06, 2018
Thank you so much.

Emmasonic4me:

They will send you an email when it's ready for collection. EOR usually takes between 10-12 weeks. Considering the date you applied, all seems to be normal so far. Take some patience pills and hope it favours you at the end to compensate for the wait.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DadR: 12:52am On Feb 06, 2018
This is quite ok, however, it would be good to know the tenor of the Tbills he purchased. If the Tbills will mature before PPR, he can definitely use the Face Value as POF value.

happytbaby:

Do note that TBs can be sold for cash prior to tenor expiration, it may not be held to maturity. Also, let"s say the TB's tenor is 1year and your PPR is to be issued in 2months, will they use the fave value in 1year's time to calculate how much you will take to Canada in 2month's time? Answer this and then you will have the answer to your question.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DadR: 12:54am On Feb 06, 2018
Congratulations to you and belated happy birthday to your son. It has ended in praise!

MRSDA:
Hello everyone,

ITA- July 2017
AOR- Sept 6th
ADR - Sept 19th
MEP- Sept 20th
NA2- Sept 20th
FTD to LVO- October 30th

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 2:55am On Feb 06, 2018
happytbaby:

Thank you however using the discounted value means I will not be able to have up to the POF required.
I really would want somebody who has used treasury bills in the past to weigh in on this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 2:58am On Feb 06, 2018
DadR:
This is quite ok, however, it would be good to know the tenor of the Tbills he purchased. If the Tbills will mature before PPR, he can definitely use the Face Value as POF value.

The treasury bill I bought will mature next year January and my CRS is 267 which would earn me instant ITA once I enter the pool by Gods grace so would I now wait till ending of the year ?

I have pulled out all resources and this is what I could gather.
I was hoping someone would assure me that the face value was good enough.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by kingohi: 6:06am On Feb 06, 2018
Flaj:

I'm guessing she's your half sibling. Is it just your Dad's first name or his name altogether that isn't on the certificate? You can both do a declaration of age at NPC and that will contain the names of the parents.

Thanks for your Response...

- Yes she is my half Sister and I want to claim extra points with that...
- It's just our Dad's first name that is not in either certificates. His surname is present in both Birth Certificates...
- Okay, the age declaration at NPC is a good suggestion. However, does that mean mine alone will be enough, because my sister resides in Canada presently and would not be arriving Nigeria anytime soon...

What do you guys advice?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by kingohi: 6:16am On Feb 06, 2018
sthillz:

She's not your step sister but your half sister since you share a biological parent

I would suggest adding a letter from your dad explaining he's both your dad

@sthillz...your correction is welcomed...Thank God say this no be IELTS Writing oo grin

- Concerning your suggestion, I will also add that to the list of documents to prove my relationship with my half sister..

Pls, More suggestions are welcomed guys
ie. How do I explain/prove my relationship with My half sister (with the same father) who is a canadian citizen?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Talkingboy: 6:22am On Feb 06, 2018
Emmasonic4me:

I wanted to reply properly until I noticed your moniker. grin

Please bro try and understand that if we continue like that, we will get to part 4 in no distant time without any useful discussions. Some folks here, myself inclusive, have claimed with faith that PPR must fall on us on this thread before its closed...

Thanks to all who reaffirmed my position on the matter. By the way,

Please am new here, what's the meaning of CIC?...no insults please am not feeling fine... Lol

Lol !!!

One love bro.

Good morning Sir . Hope you slept well ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Talkingboy: 6:26am On Feb 06, 2018
MRSDA:
Hello everyone,
ITA- July 2017 AOR- Sept 6th ADR - Sept 19th MEP- Sept 20th NA2- Sept 20th FTD to LVO- October 30th ADR- Feb 1(passport bio data pages, height and eye colour) PPR- Feb 5th (my son's birthday)

Congrats Ma'am.... And belated happy baiday to ur king .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nestkojex(m): 6:31am On Feb 06, 2018
the-alternative-application-process-for-persons-with-disabilities

http://www.immigration.ca/the-alternative-application-process-for-persons-with-disabilities/

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ofifi: 6:38am On Feb 06, 2018
MRSDA:
Hello everyone,

ITA- July 2017
AOR- Sept 6th
ADR - Sept 19th
MEP- Sept 20th
NA2- Sept 20th
FTD to LVO- October 30th

Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 6:47am On Feb 06, 2018
Congratulations.

MRSDA:
Hello everyone,

ITA- July 2017
AOR- Sept 6th
ADR - Sept 19th
MEP- Sept 20th
NA2- Sept 20th
FTD to LVO- October 30th

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.