Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,131 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1294814 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by adewumz: 7:53pm On Feb 06, 2018
Hello house, please anyone who graduated from Babcock University here? How long did the verification take? My IELTS speaking is tomorrow. Wish me luck.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by kingkong009: 7:54pm On Feb 06, 2018
Hi guys, I got an ITA in December 2017.
Now, I got laid off by my previous employer in May 2017 cos they were downsizing... and got my severance pay in January 2018. Meanwhile, I have been working at my current work place since June 2017.
I intend to use the severance pay as part of my proof of funds but I don' know how to go about explaining it. Also since I have another job, would it be weird to have received funds from my previous employer?.....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Greatlady234: 8:03pm On Feb 06, 2018
40manlappy:

To the best of my knowledge, remarking is possible within 6 weeks. If your results came out 3 weeks after that, I think the window might have closed. Please verify the dates.

cc: GlitteringStar

You were right!time frame has elapsed. Realised today I didn't update you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by stonecoldcafe: 8:13pm On Feb 06, 2018
adewumz:
Hello house, please anyone who graduated from Babcock University here? How long did the verification take? My IELTS speaking is tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Good luck. Go in confidence...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mike070: 8:21pm On Feb 06, 2018
mike070:
Pla guys I transferred the sum of 68k to British council for march 24 test date Beni. Center on sat but up till now I have not been registered. Sent a mail to them about the transfer but not still gotten any acknowledge mail. Pls wat do I do guys how do BC expect people outside where dey have offices to pay? U call their customer care no and u r always placed on hold. You send a mail n u never receive a response. BC TIRE ME I SWEAR.

Someone pls help out
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Canadianfly: 8:27pm On Feb 06, 2018
@Jbaby09

You've got the nerve sha. Na me carry my Christian mind answer your dumb question when every other person made the good choice and ignored your ass. Tomorrow you'll have another dumb question, and I'll take your advice to waka and pass.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by GFavor: 8:28pm On Feb 06, 2018
For the reference letter from employer, is it possible to use thesame reference letter for the MPNP and EE? The process of getting it for hubby is so troublesome I don't want to go through it for ITA. How can I combine it. Can it be addressed as TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tozabes: 8:39pm On Feb 06, 2018
When i paid for BC IELTS through transfer they confirmed the payment after they had cancelled my booking, on the same day. I still read here that some people got confirmation 2 days after their booking had been cancelled. I'll advise you to be patient but if you can't, continue trying to contact them...maybe try Facebook

mike070:

Someone pls help out
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 06, 2018
Good evening everyone, please I need more enlightenment on Express entry. I entered the pool last month, however at the work history point, I filled 2 different NOC with different years of experience ( secondary school teacher 4031(2yrs) and Safety Inspector 2263(1yr)) which were added together as 3yrs work experience and my score rose to 470 and I got ITA

My worry is that my sis in law said I have misinterpreted work experience which will lead to a rejection cos I gained point on 2 different NOC and the instruction is in one particular NOC. Pls what should I do. I need your help and advice

Secondly I am kinda of confused with the next stage.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ChyG: 8:44pm On Feb 06, 2018
Good News Alert!!! It's long overdue though. Thanks to all you good people of this e-family.

- I took my 1st IELTS on 28th October, 2017. Result was 8.5, 7, 6.5, 7.5 l,r,w,s (CRS was 384 with this score and would be 441 if my writing was 7.0)

- my 2nd & last IELTS was on 2nd December, 2017 with result as follows 7.5, 8.5, 7.0, 7.0

Based on the wealth of knowledge I got here, I applied for the re-mark of my 1st test on 16th November, 2017.

EOR just came through this evening and I've been grinning from ear to ear. My writing was upgraded from 6.5 to 7.5. I thank God for everything.

I'm sitting pretty on 444. Iqas is still trying my patience though. Nasu is not helping matters with my spouse's WES. I'm trying to persuade my spouse to take IELTS. Spouse's ECA adds only 8 points to my CRS while IELTS can add up to 20 points....

I know I'll be back shortly to share my Iqas , US PCC and PPR timelines

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by jholarharde(f): 8:54pm On Feb 06, 2018
nairalandnewbie:
Go to their office if you can I paid on Thursday and till date I didn’t get it I had to go to their office today after sending several mails. If you still want to wait it out u can
thanks, I think I will do just that on Thursday, this matter just weak me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Matanna: 8:54pm On Feb 06, 2018
[quote author=ChyG post=64847304]Good News Alert!!! It's long overdue though. Thanks to all you good people of this e-family.

- I took my 1st IELTS on 28th October, 2017. Result was 8.5, 7, 6.5, 7.5 l,r,w,s (CRS was 384 with this score and would be 441 if my writing was 7.0)

- my 2nd & last IELTS was on 2nd December, 2017

Hello dear, big congrats to you. The wait for EOR is not an easy one.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by jholarharde(f): 8:58pm On Feb 06, 2018
tozabes:
When i paid for BC IELTS through transfer they confirmed the payment after they had cancelled my booking, on the same day. I still read here that some people got confirmation 2 days after their booking had been cancelled. I'll advise you to be patient but if you can't, continue trying to contact them...maybe try Facebook
i have been advised to go see dem one on one and i will do that on thursday, i registered and paid on d 2nd and no reply mail yet.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 06, 2018
It’s a pretty easy process when u get there.. good luck cc @tozabes
jholarharde:

thanks, I think I will do just that on Thursday, this matter just weak me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by hykin: 9:17pm On Feb 06, 2018
You can call the Kano Office tomorrow morning. They pick easily and are very helpful. [url]https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/contact/kano [/url]

mike070:
Pla guys I transferred the sum of 68k to British council for march 24 test date Beni. Center on sat but up till now I have not been registered. Sent a mail to them about the transfer but not still gotten any acknowledge mail. Pls wat do I do guys how do BC expect people outside where dey have offices to pay? U call their customer care no and u r always placed on hold. You send a mail n u never receive a response. BC TIRE ME I SWEAR.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sistaj: 9:21pm On Feb 06, 2018
kingkong009:
Hi guys, I got an ITA in December 2017.
Now, I got laid off by my previous employer in May 2017 cos they were downsizing... and got my severance pay in January 2018. Meanwhile, I have been working at my current work place since June 2017.
I intend to use the severance pay as part of my proof of funds but I don' know how to go about explaining it. Also since I have another job, would it be weird to have received funds from my previous employer?.....
Explain same in your letter of explanation.It's no big deal IMO.It isn't weird one bit

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mike070: 9:28pm On Feb 06, 2018
tozabes:

Facebook. How do u mean. Have been calling the line provided all to no avail. BC CAN FRUSTRATE FOR AFRICA SHA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by stonecoldcafe: 9:29pm On Feb 06, 2018
ChyG:
Good News Alert!!! It's long overdue though. Thanks to all you good people of this e-family.
ECA adds only 8 points to my CRS while IELTS can add up to 20 points....

Another good news after a re-mark. Congrats op but at the same time, I'm slightly sad people seemed to be marked so harshly. I don't get it! If this is not the case, how can we explain the lift from the original score to the new one? A whole 6.5 to 7.5 haba! Are we marked with a slightly higher standard in Nigeria?

Anyway make I still shake my tambourine

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by MRSDA: 9:35pm On Feb 06, 2018
adewumz:

Wishing you the best!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Pikipiki: 9:49pm On Feb 06, 2018
Congratulations!!!

[quote author=MRSDA post=64823056]Hello everyone,

PPR mail received today. Huge relief.

ITA- July 2017
AOR- Sept 6th
ADR - Sept 19th
MEP- Sept 20th
NA2- Sept 20th
FTD to LVO- October 30th
ADR- Feb 1(passport bio data pages, height and eye colour)
PPR- Feb 5th (my son's birthday)

Wishing everyone the best in their Canada journey.[
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Raconteur14(m): 10:59pm On Feb 06, 2018
MRSDA:
Hello everyone,

ITA- July 2017
AOR- Sept 6th
ADR - Sept 19th
MEP- Sept 20th
NA2- Sept 20th
FTD to LVO- October 30th

Wishing everyone the best in their Canada journey.

Congratulations MRSDA and to all other PPR recipients and all those that aced IELTS. The ministry is moving

Hoping for lower CRS in the draws tomorrow even though there seems to be a lot of high fliers joining
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Boogy: 10:59pm On Feb 06, 2018
Good evening house, i need help with this mail i just got from cic. I am a little confused. Was expecting an update on my EE profile but all i got was this notice. What do they mean by bearing an original signature.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mosbiod(m): 11:17pm On Feb 06, 2018
Download the form first, there is a place where you will sign on page 4 of the Schedule A form. I believe that's what they are referring to (subject to correction).
Plus have you had any visa refusal?

Boogy:
Good evening house, i need help with this mail i just got from cic. I am a little confused. Was expecting an update on my EE profile but all i got was this notice. What do they mean by bearing an original signature.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ramj: 11:22pm On Feb 06, 2018
MRSDA:

Some of you might even go before me at this rate LOL...no travel date yet.

With what is in your hands you don't need travel date.
You can just wake up on morning and say Canada here I come na flight ticket Im go chop.

Congrats. The Young shall grow too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ramj: 11:33pm On Feb 06, 2018
Boogy:

Elders in the house oya this is for you.

But from lay English, do you have multiple signatures. Seems they wanna verify that. Possible some documents you sent them had different signatures (could be that thy looked different) or maybe you signed one on your good day and the other with your left or weaker hand.

Ensure you sign the Form A with your original signature
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Boogy: 11:34pm On Feb 06, 2018
[quote author=mosbiod post=64850926]Download the form first, there is a place where you will sign on page 4 of the Schedule A form. I believe that's what they are referring to (subject to correction).
Plus have you had any visa refusal?

No visa refusal. Printed the form already. All i need to do now is fill the form and sign, then submit. Shey
Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Uzoreen: 11:39pm On Feb 06, 2018
Congratulations @MRSDA

MRSDA:
Hello everyone,

ITA- July 2017
AOR- Sept 6th
ADR - Sept 19th
MEP- Sept 20th
NA2- Sept 20th
FTD to LVO- October 30th

Wishing everyone the best in their Canada journey.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Dame91: 11:59pm On Feb 06, 2018
Hi everyone... please for those who got UK PCC and live in Nigeria, how long did it take to get delivered?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:00am On Feb 07, 2018
MRSDA:

Extremely good day! Passports sent off to Accra!

Congrats MrsDA!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by fizzile(m): 1:42am On Feb 07, 2018
Elders help a soul out ooooo.. just checked my CRS and it is 412. L...S....R....W....are 7.5...8.5...7.5...8.0.. I have a Masters to evaluate.
Please what do i do? Elders oooooo..
cc: happytbaby...MRSDA... and other gurus and elders. I'm already getting fed up.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by QSola: 1:50am On Feb 07, 2018
fizzile:
Elders help a soul out ooooo.. just checked my CRS and it is 412. L...S....R....W....are 7.5...8.5...7.5...8.0.. I have a Masters to evaluate.
Please what do i do? Elders oooooo..
cc: happytbaby...MRSDA... and other gurus and elders. I'm already getting fed up.

Your listening must be a minimum of 8 not 7.5
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by balogunsam(m): 2:28am On Feb 07, 2018
mosbiod:
please, when was your AOR?

January 16

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.