Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,845 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1292615 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sexymj(f): 12:38am On Feb 14, 2018
it is well.

blessings2017:
AOR October 2017 LVO gang, howfa ? Any movement so far ? Na the 5th month oo smiley angry undecided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sexymj(f): 12:44am On Feb 14, 2018
yesso.

Olaaah:
I just got the "how to find a job in Canada letter' is it the same as welcome to LVO letter ? And my background check is at NA is this ip1 or ip 2 ple help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by BoboXIV(m): 4:33am On Feb 14, 2018
Hello all,

First of all ( Go down low cool, ) "Shalla" to all who helped with advice re declining the ITA or not. Clearly, on this journey, Patience is a virtue. Much appreciated!!

Update re the challenge below. Just saw IELTS results from Feb 1st test online and thankfully, my scores (LRWS 8,9,8,8 ) take us back to a CRS of 449 from 429. Updated the score in Madam's EE Profile a few minutes ago so joining the hopeful band expecting ITA, sooner than later.

(Now looking for where to print the result inside Valentine Card to give to madam. Valentine present don show be that na abi?)

Aaaanyways, as we wait though, and while I have your attention, a couple of questions re validity of documentation, seeing as we'd pretty much gotten all the documents etc from our previous ITA.

1. POF: For the POF, how "recent" does the letter from the bank have to be? Considering that the letter/SOA I have were from mid Jan.

2. SOA: Also, I've added my SOA+Bank Letter(CIC format), her SOA +Bank Letter(Regular format), Her payslips, Her Pension Statement, Our joint SOA + Bank Letter (Regular Format). Question is, since I have my letter in CIC Format, do I need to submit my SOA seeing as the missus is the primary applicant and I'm just supporting...in fact do we need to submit any SOA at all?

3. PCC: Ive seen this asked and answered before, but just reconfirming that even though the Nigerian PCC from Alagbon states a validity of 3 months, the CIC/IRCC/VO recognises it for a period of 1 year? We got the certificates in late November.

4. Travel History: I am unable to upload complete scans of my visa pages below the 4/5mb limit. Tried everything possible to compress scans, but not working. Question is, is travel history supposed to be for the last 10 years only? And if I can't upload scans, is stating it in the LOE that I have additional travel history necessary?

Again, thank you all so much o, even as you answer my plenty, plenty questions and await IELTS, ITA or PPR.

It will, surely, end in praise cool ( Someone should make a t-shirt with that by the way)

Regards,

BoboXIV

BoboXIV:
Hello all,

Silent reader, Active applicant here. smiley

First, thanks to all who started this and share their experiences on here. And yes, I started from Page 0, Thread 1 sef. smiley

So I have a challenge that I am hoping someone else may have dealt before or maybe get advice on how to proceed.

Some background: my missus is the primary applicant ( She's got a Masters degree, I don't) and based on her CRS score of 449, we got an ITA, Nov 15 last year. Currently, we have all documents uploaded,Medical forms, References, POF docs, Police report (had to travel to Kenya to get mine as well as I lived there for a bit) etc. However, my first IELTS score expired Dec 16th ( After we received the ITA) and the earliest date I was able to get for a new test was for today Feb 1st. Writing this just as I get back to my desk at work. The Missus and I actually both wrote the test in 2015 December but while I had the right scores then, she fell short in one area (Writing I think) by 0.5. but we got in the pool circa April 2016 ( ECA Delays cos of UNILAG) Lets just say she finally summoned courage to do the test again in October last year and finally got the right scores at end of October leading to the Nov ITA cutoff of 439

So fast forward to today.The deadline for submission for our ITA is Feb 14 ( more like midnight on Feb 13) and from what was announced today, the IELTS results will only come out on Feb 14th. Now without my score, Madam's CRS drops to 436 which is below the CRS cutoff that we got our ITA. However, if she takes me out as " Non-Accompanying" it will be 445. Fact is I'm not immediately planning to relocate anyways but concerned that if we go this route, there may be drama down the line if/when I try to get a visa to Canada. So, having endured a number of sleepless nights on this, I feel that these are my options

1. Submit application anyway immediately with my expired IELTS test results and update it once the new test result comes out on the 14th of Feb.(I'm fairly confident that I will have reasonable scores) . I have seen on the CIC website that you can update your details even after applying in cases of things like expired results

2. Wait till the morning of 13th Feb and pray the IELTS results comes out earlier than the advertised date( I don't know if this happens though). Madam is a bit scared of this option though ( What if their server crashes? What if their are issues with Payment platform? What if Donald Trump takes over Canada and builds a wall)

3. Decline ITA and wait for next favourable draw. Note though that Madam will lose 5 points in June so CRS will now drop from 449 to 445. What if the CRS doesn't fall again. This is also like my least favoured option o. Even my liver is reaching out to "konk" my head for thinking of this?

4. Take me out as "Non-Accompanying" and have her apply with the kids at the 445 score, hope they get the PR status, then start hustling a regular Canadian Visa after they do. Note that I would need to go with them for a few weeks when relocating to settle them in before coming back to the hustle in the "Obodo Naija"

So this is my dilemma...will appreciate any advice from the house generally or anyone who's been in this sort of scenario.

Again, thanks to everyone making this thread a source of information and inspiration on this journey.

Regards,

BoboXIV

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by HEADYWORLD: 6:35am On Feb 14, 2018
Good morning, after following this thread for a while, I decided to give it try, here is the response I got in my mail.

Please what should I do next?

Thank you for submitting your Immigration Assessment Questionnaire on the Canadian Citizenship & Immigration Resource Center (CCIRC) website www.immigration.ca.

My name is Colin R. Singer, Managing Partner of www.immigration.ca. I am a licensed Canadian Lawyer for the past 25+ years, approved by the Government of Canada in accordance with the requirements set forth in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, to represent your interests. You may verify my standing from the following:

http://www.barreau.qc.ca/en/barreau/bottin/?nom=singer&prenom=colin&sa=Find§ion=tous

I have carefully reviewed the information you provided and I note that you have excellent work experience and educational background. On the basis of these and other factors, you are an ideal candidate to apply for our Canada Priority Residence program. We also offer a conditional FULL MONEY BACK REFUND policy.

Please review our Canada Priority Residence Program details from the following link:
http://immigration.ca/en/employment-portal/canada-priority-residence-program-cprp.html

HOW WE CAN ASSIST

Employment Search

Our services provide you with an excellent strategy to prepare your qualifications for consideration under Economic Class immigration programs.

Our services will also represent an excellent back up plan in case your application for residence cannot succeed for any reason.

You may be interested to know that in addition to being one of Canada’s foremost Immigration Lawyers, I am also the Managing Partner of one of the largest and fastest growing professional staffing and recruitment enterprises in North America known as Global Recruiters Network: www.grnmontreal.com.

As an invaluable service to our own immigration clients, we will leverage the Global Recruiters Network to assist you to begin your employment search in Canada by providing you with a comprehensive, extensive data base comprising of 500 potential hiring Canadian Employers in your field.

We will also assist you under a passive employment search to identify potential hiring employers in Canada, at no additional charge. And throughout our mandate, we will provide you with 24/7 access to our Global Recruiters of Montreal’s (www.grnmontreal.com)bank of employment tutorials comprising of the very best training videos and power point presentations to help maximize your chances of securing employment in Canada.

Online Language Courses

Applicants applying to Canada are required to prove language skills by taking a language test approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

We are pleased to offer our clients a 10-day free trial of IELTS 7 - an online preparation course which provides unlimited access to interactive lessons and practice tests in all 4 modules for
Academic IELTS and General Training. Following the free trial period, candidates have the opportunity to subscribe to additional courses which includes one-to-one online tuition with an IELTS trainer.

http://immigration.ca/en/online-ielts-courses.html

As the managing partner of one of Canada’s largest Immigration Law Firms, I am pleased to offer you our assistance to apply for Canadian Residence. You can find more details about our program and retain my services under our convenient instalment payment plan:

Regular Payment Plan (4 payments): http://www.immigration.ca/en/cprp

The current Canadian Immigration Process is employer driven and highly complex. I would be pleased to provide you with my personal assistance and our invaluable insight by representing you through this project. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at csinger@immigration.ca or +1 514 - 487-2011.

I look forward to working with you towards your immigration project to Canada.

Sincerely
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 6:38am On Feb 14, 2018
HEADYWORLD:
Good morning, after following this thread for a while, I decided to give it try, here is the response I got in my mail.

Err, where did you get this one from? It seems you might have registered on the website of an immigration consultant and not on the real Canadian Governments website.

If you have truly followed the thread, then you should have created your express entry profile (assuming you have completed your Ielts and obtained your ECA). Whats your projected CRS score?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by HEADYWORLD: 6:43am On Feb 14, 2018
Ethelia:

Err, where did you get this one from? It seems you might have registered on the website of an immigration consultant and not on the real Canadian Governments website.

If you have truly followed the thread, then you should have created your express entry profile (assuming you have completed your Ielts and obtained your ECA). Whats your projected CRS score?

Yes, I guess it's an immigration consultant
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Seyitorl2: 6:53am On Feb 14, 2018
Good morn house. I woke up to this result from ielts and I am so sad. Iistening 8.5,speaking 7.5,reading 6.5,writing 6.5. am 37. Hubby not writing ielts. And intended to go thru province.( Ontario) this is so disheartening.i calculated my score and I am still at 357 even with a sibling in Canada. cry cry cry embarassed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 7:08am On Feb 14, 2018
Seyitorl2:
Good morn house. I woke up to this result from ielts and I am so sad. Iistening 8.5,speaking 7.5,reading 6.5,writing 6.5. am 37. Hubby not writing ielts. And intended to go thru province.( Ontario) this is so disheartening.i calculated my score and I am still at 357 even with a sibling in Canada. cry cry cry embarassed

Hey, none of that crying is allowed here smiley, will you let this discourage you from proceeding? There will be many speed bumps on the way but that wont stop you from continuing the journey wink

I would have advised you to go for a remark but the likelihood of the reading score being changed is very slim. Try and encourage hubby to write Ielts and get an ECA if possible.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by wizean(m): 7:09am On Feb 14, 2018
Finally broke loose from the shackles of BC

L: 8
R: 9
S: 7
W:7

CRS=463

Someone please pray for us to get delivered from the shackles of NASU too ooooo cheesy

wizean:
I have been struggling to put myself together since yesterday.

While I was expecting a miracle Jan 6th, it turned out this way:

R: 7.5
S: 7.5
W: 6.5

I have booked for Feb 1 but I want to ask if it's possible to apply for a remark. Though I know I really goofed in the writing.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Canadianfly: 7:09am On Feb 14, 2018
Seyitorl2:

Pele.

But don't be sad, coz even if you get 9999 you would still need PNP coz of age and no spouse IELTS. Just see it as you've gotten the basic requirement to pursue PR which is a language test. You'll be fine. Look into other provinces not just Ontario. All the Indians are headed there already

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Seyitorl2: 7:12am On Feb 14, 2018
Thank you ma.
Canadianfly:

Pele.

But don't be sad, coz even if you get 9999 you would still need PNP coz of age and no spouse IELTS. Just see it as you've gotten the basic requirement to pursue PR which is a language test. You'll be fine. Look into other provinces not just Ontario. All the Indians are headed there already

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 7:13am On Feb 14, 2018
Cheer up.

Give IELTS a try again.
Don't quit.

It will end in praise.

Seyitorl2:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 7:14am On Feb 14, 2018
lol@shackles.

Congrats.

wizean:

CRS=463

Someone please pray for us to get delivered from the shackles of NASU too ooooo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekchic(f): 7:21am On Feb 14, 2018
askofemma:
Top of the morning guys!
Pls I need a little clerification, can I use my Corp Acc as a POF as that’s were majority of my money is.

Secondly I studied agric sci but working in the bank can I also use the bank as a work experience since both disciplines differ

Thanks
Hello,
Are you applying as self employed or employed? If self employed then your corporate Acc is OK since you will be submitting other supporting documents. But if employed you will need to defend the funds and explain how you got it. Employed people usually use accounts that are in their name.

What you studied is not so important in express entry. It's your NOC that counts, it must be A, B or O.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by stonecoldcafe: 7:54am On Feb 14, 2018
[sup][/sup]
wizean:

CRS=463

Big congrats to you bro. I remember your story about the writing sheet. Happy for you. And to every one who made it congrats. For those who didn't make it, don't be discouraged

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 14, 2018
wizean:

CRS=463

Congrats! My own dey come
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 14, 2018
Seyitorl2:

Please cheer up, write it again and look for other ways to increase your score.

Ill be writing IELTS for the second time March 24th and I'm studying like my life depends on it

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DadR: 8:03am On Feb 14, 2018
@wizean, congrats to you as it has ended in praise.

I tap into your testimony and receive more grace and perfect result than yours come next week Friday in Jesus name, Amen.

Cheers

wizean:

CRS=463

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by IykeD(m): 8:07am On Feb 14, 2018
sleekchic:

Hello,
Are you applying as self employed or employed? If self employed then your corporate Acc is OK since you will be submitting other supporting documents. But if employed you will need to defend the funds and explain how you got it. Employed people usually use accounts that are in their name.

What you studied is not so important in express entry. It's your NOC that counts, it must be A, B or O.

I think your pof should be in your personal account even if you are applying as self-employed. I stand to be corrected though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by wizean(m): 8:25am On Feb 14, 2018
Thanks alot bro

stonecoldcafe:
[sup][/sup]

Big congrats to you bro. I remember your story about the writing sheet. Happy for you. And to every one who made it congrats. For those who didn't make it, don't be discouraged
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by wizean(m): 8:26am On Feb 14, 2018
Certainly!

sthillz:

Congrats! My own dey come
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by wizean(m): 8:27am On Feb 14, 2018
Amen bro..... Wishing you a better band.

DadR:
@wizean, congrats to you as it has ended in praise.

I tap into your testimony and receive more grace and perfect result than yours come next week Friday in Jesus name, Amen.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by chiobich: 9:02am On Feb 14, 2018
Good morning everyone,

I got an email late last night that my application has been updated and I should check my application status and messages. I have logged in but I can't see any other update except that I passed medicals and assigned a UCI which I already noticed some days ago. Is there something I am supposed to be looking at for or is it the medicals I passed that they are just sending mail now for?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by area74: 9:05am On Feb 14, 2018
Good morning house,

If you are a LASUITE and have been waiting for your verification mail or want to send transcript, I have an insider information that staff of verification unit of the Exams and Records will be at the office today. Why don't you rush down to school, pay the 10,000 for verification to LASU THIRD PARTY ACCOUNT at the Sterling Bank on campus. After that, you will convert the teller to receipt at room 11, Admin Block2.

You may be lucky to get it done today just like I was on Friday.

I wish everyone all the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by emelueobi(f): 9:06am On Feb 14, 2018
I want to do my medicals next week in prime medical Port Harcourt. Do I need to book an appointment or can I just walk in to the hospital and do the medicals?. Is the medicals done everyday of the week.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:06am On Feb 14, 2018
Thank God for you. I remember your story. Your remark was fast too, Jan 20th and now. Congrats.
wizean:

CRS=463

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Femicrux: 9:31am On Feb 14, 2018
Hi guys,

How does one go about getting a police clearance report from Nigeria without being physically present in the country? Anyone gone through this hurdle before?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 9:37am On Feb 14, 2018
BoboXIV:
Hello all,

Congratulations on your IELTS results!

3. PCC: Ive seen this asked and answered before, but just reconfirming that even though the Nigerian PCC from Alagbon states a validity of 3 months, the CIC/IRCC/VO recognises it for a period of 1 year? We got the certificates in late November.

I'd advise you get a new PCC done.

4. Travel History: I am unable to upload complete scans of my visa pages below the 4/5mb limit. Tried everything possible to compress scans, but not working. Question is, is travel history supposed to be for the last 10 years only? And if I can't upload scans, is stating it in the LOE that I have additional travel history necessary?

You can compress your documents

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Abbylee: 9:48am On Feb 14, 2018
Did you get an email when the medicals changed to passed? Perhaps thats the email that just dropped. Also check the messages at bottom of the page to be sure you didnt get an ADR.
chiobich:
Good morning everyone,

I got an email late last night that my application has been updated and I should check my application status and messages. I have logged in but I can't see any other update except that I passed medicals and assigned a UCI which I already noticed some days ago. Is there something I am supposed to be looking at for or is it the medicals I passed that they are just sending mail now for?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by canadianxmas: 9:49am On Feb 14, 2018
Guys please see my IELTS result o. embarassed for Feb 1st and advice cause am really heart broken now.

L - 9
R -9
W- 6
S- 8
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Abbylee: 9:51am On Feb 14, 2018
Ask for a remark please
canadianxmas:
Guys please see my IELTS result o. embarassed for Feb 1st and advice cause am really heart broken now.

L - 9
R -9
W- 6
S- 8

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:52am On Feb 14, 2018
My dear, worry not. Please apply for a remark in your writing. Sango will soon visit this BC people. Ahn ahn. Pick yourself up and keep moving. Eyes on the prize.
canadianxmas:

L - 9
R -9
W- 6
S- 8

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (628)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.