Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1300339 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by hayor2014(m): 9:12am On Feb 15, 2018
RONSIL:

cc @sthillz @gaggle @hayor2014

Please could you link me with the person you know in OAU for transcript please. Thank you

Emmanuel 09037329003

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mrssam: 9:12am On Feb 15, 2018
Hello house. Congrats to all those who just got PPR and passed IELTS. I would like to know at what stage do I get to know if My NOC is right or wrong? My JD doesnt seem to fit into any NOC ad much as 70% so I am curious about when exactly I will get to know if if really matches...pre ITA or Post ITA ? Please help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 9:18am On Feb 15, 2018
mrssam:
Hello house. Congrats to all those who just got PPR and passed IELTS. I would like to know at what stage do I get to know if My NOC is right or wrong? My JD doesnt seem to fit into any NOC ad much as 70% so I am curious about when exactly I will get to know if if really matches...pre ITA or Post ITA ? Please help

Its pre-ita. You need to sort out which NOC it falls under preferably before even entering the pool. Inability to find a suitable NOC is why some people have not yet proceeded with express entry

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Magicbird(m): 9:20am On Feb 15, 2018
Hi everyone,

Please I need your help.
My transcript processing has hanged in Unilag since December because of this Nasu strike. All efforts have proved abortive.

Please can anyone help with any referrals that can assist me.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 9:27am On Feb 15, 2018
When you get a rejection letter for NOC mismatch or when yo get PPR. That is when you will be certain. So for now, do your homework. Most employers are willing to let you draft your JD, draft it well and let others (not necessarily on Nairaland) look at it for you.

mrssam:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 9:31am On Feb 15, 2018
QSola:

Please can you help with unilags own. Congrats once more

I'm sorry but I'm not a UNILAG alumnus. Thanks for the kind wishes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 9:34am On Feb 15, 2018
McNoelle:
Boss, I might have to use GPS to track you here ooooooo, see people! Please what location are you exactly?

I'm terribly sorry bro. I wasn't online at the time and I just missed out on dropping a contact line. I'll send you a PM so we can have a tete-a-tete
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by erickjany: 9:35am On Feb 15, 2018
ferfer:

There is a number you can call, it is listed on CIC's website. It will be naive to not call. Call, book an appointment and stress the need for them to fix you on a day with less human traffic, don't forget that last part.
Be there early too, 7a.m. is not bad.
please can someone help me here. I am New here and I am interested to migrate to Canada. But the problem I had now is that i dont know where to start. Can someone give me the address of where I can do my IELTS in Abuja?
What is the full meaning of this;
ITA
AOR
MEP
ADR
NA2
IP2
PPR
NOS
LVO
ECA
Please how can I check if I am qualified to migrate?
How do I check if my job is listed in Canada.
please people of good-will here I need your help.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Dannyko: 9:39am On Feb 15, 2018
erickjany:

please can someone help me here. I am New here and I am interested to migrate to Canada. But the problem I had now is that i dont know where to start. Can someone give me the address of where I can do my IELTS in Abuja?
ITA
AOR
MEP
ADR
NA2
IP2
PPR
NOS
LVO
ECA
Thanks
Diligently study from page 0 of this thread ,all the information you require are there.All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mrsJustveryOkay: 9:40am On Feb 15, 2018
Do not worry your head too much.

There were several instruction/announcement given on the day of your exam (most likely after the exam was written)..

Part of the announcement would be that, " not everyone would see their result in 13 days after the exam.

BC do select at random some result for quality control purposes, they would tell your if yours is among, you should not panic.

I'm sure you didn't listen.

Not to worry anyways, your result would be released and you would be contacted.

Cheers.

oladoyinsola:
Good evening house, my IELTS result was supposed to have been released since yesterday but it wasn't. Rather they sent me a mail today that they've withheld the result for quality control and investigative purposes. Please see the mail below and help shed more light on it.

Dear Candidate,

Notification of Investigation of IELTS Test Result

We refer to your IELTS test of 01/02/2018.

Strict quality control procedures are in place to protect the integrity and security of the IELTS test. As part of these procedures, test results are routinely analysed by the IELTS Test Partners before they are issued to candidates.

As a result of these procedures, your test scores for the 01/02/2018 have come under scrutiny and are being investigated. Your results are being withheld while this investigation is being conducted. Please note that all investigations are conducted without prejudice by the IELTS Test Partners.

The declaration on the IELTS application form that you agreed to includes the following statement: 'I understand that my results may not be issued 13 days after the test if any of the IELTS Test Partners deem it necessary to review any matter associated with my test'

Should you wish to offer any information that may support your test performance on 01/02/2018, please send a scanned handwritten statement to examsnigeria@ng.britishcouncil.org within 14 days of the date of this letter. A template has been provided with this letter for you to use. Your statement must be written in English in your own handwriting and signed by you.

Any correspondence received after 14 days will not be considered.

Yours sincerely

IELTS Investigation Team

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 15, 2018
erickjany:

ITA
AOR
MEP
ADR
NA2
IP2
PPR
NOS
LVO
ECA
Thanks

The answers you seek are on page "0"
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Claire40: 9:40am On Feb 15, 2018
coolangel54:
Please what did you use to study because I need this score badly? Can you help out with IELTS Cambridge GT materials? My email is cynthiaokoro9@gmail.com

I went through ieltsliz.com and ieltsbuddy.com. I also used the Cambridge materials. They are no longer on my system but I downloaded them from this site http://ieltsmaterial.com/cambridge-practice-tests-ielts-series-self-study-students-book-cd/

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by McNoelle(m): 9:42am On Feb 15, 2018
No worries mate.

mcstan18:

I'm terribly sorry bro. I wasn't online at the time and I just missed out on dropping a contact line. I'll send you a PM so we can have a tete-a-tete
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mosbiod(m): 9:42am On Feb 15, 2018
Honestly bro, you can't just come to page 300 of part 3 of a thread to ask all of these I'm afraid, things have been discussed to cover and uncover all your questions, candid advise, why don't you go to page 0 of part 1 of this thread and read onward till here (I know it's long but it's worth it oooo)... I bet you could possibly get PPR before December without asking no more questions.. you will be a silent reader and come to give your testimony.. READ READ and READ!
erickjany:

ITA
AOR
MEP
ADR
NA2
IP2
PPR
NOS
LVO
ECA
Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Magicbird(m): 9:48am On Feb 15, 2018
mcstan18:

I think I can help with that. Has the notification for verification come? If Yes, you'd need to pay 10k each for the iVerification of certificate and transcript. Holla at me if you wish to go ahead with it

Please can you kindly assist me as well.. my transcript processing has hanged in Unilag since December last year.

I need your help please. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tippex(f): 10:00am On Feb 15, 2018
[quote author=mcstan18 post=65055031][color=#000099]Dear Brethren,

[i]...for the Egyptians [BC and IELTS] whom ye have seen today, ye shall see them again no more for ever.

Massive congratulations!!! I am sooooooo happy for you. This news just made my day!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 10:20am On Feb 15, 2018
Loffloff:
Please abeg seniors make una help me o.... I filled I have a sibling in Canada, got ITA and now my sibling sent a sworn declaration of age without including any of our parents names. She doesn't have a birth certificate from NPC. Please how can I go about this? Will cic accept this? How else can I back this up? Or should I jejelly go back into the pool? I have already accepted the Ita and started filling the forms already.. Please kindly advise

Is your sibling married? If she is, you can use marriage certificate. Or she can swear a new affidavit and include her parents names after all they already have her details on the system and I assume your name should be in her family information too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Success2Success: 10:28am On Feb 15, 2018
Good morning all. My man @mcstan18...congrats bro...well deserved victory. Success all the way.

@Newmum06 @Glitteringstar, please kindly help me readjust my JD - Compliance Officer to fit in perfectly for NOC 1114.

 Ensuring that Compliance requirements are fulfilled in accordance with the bank’s policies and procedures;

 Pro-address relevant issues concerning compliance in order to keep the approach, tools and skills of the Bank’s Compliance Function up to date;

 Identification of risks, areas of improvement (checklists, working papers, processes and procedures etc.), efficiencies and synergies and make appropriate recommendations to Chief Risk/Compliance officer and Management compliance committee. Immediately notify the team lead when unacceptable risk is identified and propose an appropriate solution;

 Carrying out investigations or ad hoc reviews at the request of senior management;

 Working closely with other control groups such as legal, risk management, audit and business supervisory functions to ensure coverage is comprehensive and consistent and that issues are appropriately addressed on a timely basis;

 Collaborate and cooperate with other departments to ensure professional responsibilities are fulfilled in an efficient manner, with due regard for the activities of those departments;

 Working with the Compliance testing team and Internal Audit to identify emerging risk areas and recommending ad hoc testing as necessary;

 Assist with the issuing of reports concerning Compliance Assignments within the set deadlines. Therefore write parts of the report to an increasing extent independently, according to quality standards of the Compliance Function and within the set time-limits.

 Differentiate high risk issues among compliance check findings;

 Systematically and logically analyse information;

 Develop an understanding of internal controls and related risk relevant for the bank and as a consequence a thorough understanding of the work to be performed;

 Maintaining record retention procedures for printed forms.

I would really appreciate your assistance.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Success2Success: 10:31am On Feb 15, 2018
Good morning all. My man @mcstan18...congrats bro...well deserved victory. Success all the way.

@Newmum0615 @Glitteringstar, please kindly help me readjust my JD - Compliance Officer to fit in perfectly for NOC 1114.

 Ensuring that Compliance requirements are fulfilled in accordance with the bank’s policies and procedures;

 Pro-address relevant issues concerning compliance in order to keep the approach, tools and skills of the Bank’s Compliance Function up to date;

 Identification of risks, areas of improvement (checklists, working papers, processes and procedures etc.), efficiencies and synergies and make appropriate recommendations to Chief Risk/Compliance officer and Management compliance committee. Immediately notify the team lead when unacceptable risk is identified and propose an appropriate solution;

 Carrying out investigations or ad hoc reviews at the request of senior management;

 Working closely with other control groups such as legal, risk management, audit and business supervisory functions to ensure coverage is comprehensive and consistent and that issues are appropriately addressed on a timely basis;

 Collaborate and cooperate with other departments to ensure professional responsibilities are fulfilled in an efficient manner, with due regard for the activities of those departments;

 Working with the Compliance testing team and Internal Audit to identify emerging risk areas and recommending ad hoc testing as necessary;

 Assist with the issuing of reports concerning Compliance Assignments within the set deadlines. Therefore write parts of the report to an increasing extent independently, according to quality standards of the Compliance Function and within the set time-limits.

 Differentiate high risk issues among compliance check findings;

 Systematically and logically analyse information;

 Develop an understanding of internal controls and related risk relevant for the bank and as a consequence a thorough understanding of the work to be performed;

 Maintaining record retention procedures for printed forms.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 15, 2018
Hello House, Who can help to explain the screen-shot. Is it work outside or inside Canada?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 15, 2018
Euouae:
Hello House, Who can help to explain the screen-shot. Is it work outside or inside Canada?

It clearly states IN Canada

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mrsJustveryOkay: 10:38am On Feb 15, 2018
See bolded.

Euouae:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 10:44am On Feb 15, 2018
Euouae:

Clearly, you haven't done your ielts... smiley

I see in Canada.

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 10:50am On Feb 15, 2018
I changed and added a few things (see below). Permit me to say that there is something about your whole write-up that looks a little tacky. I can't pinpoint what it is, but it seems to be trying too hard to make a point when a few words and sentences can actually do the trick. The "Financial examiners and inspectors portion of 1114 covers it all. The final decision on which JD to use rests with you and your HR.

 Ensuring that compliance requirements are fulfilled in accordance with the bank’s policies and procedures

 Carry out reviews and audits to ensure that processes are carried out in compliance to regulatory standards;

 Proactively address relevant issues concerning compliance in order to keep the approach, tools and skills of the Bank’s compliance function up to date;

 Identification of risks, areas of improvement (checklists, working papers, processes and procedures etc.), efficiencies and synergies and make appropriate recommendations to the Chief Risk/Compliance officer and Management Compliance Committee.

 Systematically and logically analyse information regarding to compliance and recommend corrective action plans;

 Isolate and address high risk issues among compliance check findings; implement and monitor remediation actions;

 Carry out investigations or adhoc reviews of processes bank-wide as required by senior management or regulatory bodies;

 Working closely with other control groups such as legal, risk management, audit and business supervisory functions to ensure coverage is comprehensive and consistent and that compliance issues are appropriately addressed on a timely basis;

 Render regular reports concerning compliance assignments within the set deadlines;

 Develop an understanding of processes, internal controls and related risks relevant for the bank to make informed decisions

Success2Success:

@Newmum06 @Glitteringstar, please kindly help me readjust my JD - Compliance Officer to fit in perfectly for NOC 1114.

---------------------

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 15, 2018
Guitarlife:
Hello team, WEShas resent email and hardcopies to my school for verification.
Will my school be required to verify through both email and hardcopy or e-mail alone is okay ?

Please I need help with funaab certificate verification.
Its a masters degree and any form of assistance will be appreciated
Heeeeelllllllpppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mcstan
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by timojerry: 10:56am On Feb 15, 2018
Good morning peeps,

Thank you for creating this thread. I just have some few questions to ask. Please don't mind me if these questions have been answered in previous threads. I'm a newbie.

I just got my money transferred to me now for a family of four. I intend to buy Treasury bills with it so I could use the interest to sort out some other issues. For how long do I keep the money with the govt. Should it be for six months. Would I need to also present my account statement when submitting my documents or is the Treasury bill Certificate okay .

Do I need to wait for the expiration of the Treasury bills before I enter the pool or I could enter the pool from after four months since I still have three months to submit my docs when invited

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Canadianfly: 10:57am On Feb 15, 2018
bbaby84:

I see in Canada.

Lmao @ the bold. And they say I'm mean cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Canadianfly: 11:00am On Feb 15, 2018
Claire40:

I went through ieltsliz.com and ieltsbuddy.com. I also used the Cambridge materials. They are no longer on my system but I downloaded them from this site http://ieltsmaterial.com/cambridge-practice-tests-ielts-series-self-study-students-book-cd/

Smh @ the bolded word. Wonder why Nigerians always refer to PC, Desktop and Laptop as system. Na so una go reach Canada tell your employer "my system is not coming on" and the person go dey think you have issues with your digestive system or human anatomy.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Selzsky(f): 11:00am On Feb 15, 2018
Hi! Okay will check my mail but certificate and even the transcript are supposed to be pretty straightforward. However, just go to pg school and let them know what you need. You will complete some forms and make all necessary payments for both.

The only challenge now is the NASU strike.

teeebest:

@Selzsky, please I sent you a mail.I need a contact to help with my Msc certificate and transcript in UI. Good morning.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mrssam: 11:16am On Feb 15, 2018
happytbaby:
When you get a rejection letter for NOC mismatch or when yo get PPR. That is when you will be certain. So for now, do your homework. Most employers are willing to let you draft your JD, draft it well and let others (not necessarily on Nairaland) look at it for you.

Thank you very much. Hubby is supposed to be the PA . He works for a multinational and they most likely would ask him to resign as soon as soon as he asks for this kind of reference letter. So I do not think they would be willing to let him draft a JD. The altetnative is for me to be the PA ...I havr only 1year of work experience as a Secondary school teacher(NYSC) I am 28 and this will give us a projected score of 459 as against 469 for hubby..so we wanna be sure. Any useful advice will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sunvick(m): 11:17am On Feb 15, 2018
You wicked I swear...sublime punchline.

bbaby84:

I see in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 11:19am On Feb 15, 2018
Amen. The heavens and God's grace have concurred.
flossy007:
Thanks Newmum0615. You’re next in line by His grace !

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.