Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1297234 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Luce: 8:50pm On Feb 22, 2018
dtush:

The previous visa denial FTD seems true in most case. But u never can tell, u could be an exception. LVO is also not a death sentence. You will just exercise a lot of patience, as your application can take between 3 months to a year.

As for the dom account. Not a bad idea. The POF I used was in T-bills, which matured in between my processing time. Got an opportunity to convert the funds to dollars which I did. The dom account was opened in between my processing.

I accompanied my ADR with a well written LOE to explain and state facts

Thanks alot for the reply.
Treasury Bills sound like a good idea, however is it still necessary to show 6 months SOA with that?. My account has been in semi-shambles lately. Lol.
Should I just start Treasury Bills now? Planning to enter the pool by early May hopefully, subject to my ECA report being ready.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 22, 2018
tozabes:
Lol @ the bolded. It's well. We must overcome by God's grace

Please what time of the day are the results released?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tippex(f): 9:14pm On Feb 22, 2018
[quote author=DadR post=65291384]LOL. After overcoming IELTS palava tomorrow, na POF hustle next o. Make God helep me. Today's watchnight no go be small thing o. I don enter my details put for IELTS result check page, na to just dey press find. I just wana see 9999 and go watch Black Panther with peace of mind tomorrow evening ooo. We shall laugh by God's grace.

Amen. I can't sleep well tonight myself�

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bonnie1: 9:17pm On Feb 22, 2018
Congratulations!!!

All the short timeline, Papa God, i will testify.

Lucious477:
Hi guys,

I'm very thankful to God because I've received the golden mail and I don't know how to celebrate!

My Timeline:
CRS 454
ITA Dec 6th 2017
AOR Jan 12th 2018
MEP Jan 26th
IP1 Jan 26th
NA2 Feb 1st
IP2 Feb 20th
PPR Feb 21st
Family of 3
No ADR
Visa Office: Ottawa

Some highlights of my application includes;
1. My POF = T-Bills(3months) + Generic Bank Ref Letter + 6months SOA + Gift of deed (100% amount from direct family). My total POF is in the T-Bills, explained this in my LOE.
2. Proof of employment = Reference letter (included NYSC experience) + Pay stubs.
3. There was a mistake in my spouse's name on our daughter's birthday cerficate, so I attached an affidavit (confirmation of name) together with the document to clarify this. Also explained this in my LOE.
4. Educational documents= Degree certificates + WES. I didn't include IELTS certificate although I registered the certificate number somewhere else in my application.
5. My spouse hasn't officially changed her name so I submitted our application with her maiden name. Our marriage certificate was enough proof I guess.
6. Passport photos = We took our final printed photos (50x70mm) from "Study 24" ahead of time. I scanned and resized it to the required specification (35x45mm) (using MS software) and used it for Post ITA submission.
That's all I can remember off the top of my head and I hope it helps.
Thanks to everyone that has ever communicated on this thread (names too numerous to list), it was very helpful!
For those still hoping for better IELTS scores, please try again and give it all you have this time.
For those still expecting the silver mail, please be very hopeful. Try to improve your CRS, while in the pool if you need to.
For those still anticipating towards receiving the golden mail, it will certainly come!
I'm wishing everyone here the very best and remember it will end in praise!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tippex(f): 9:21pm On Feb 22, 2018
[quote author=DadR post=65291384]LOL. After overcoming IELTS palava tomorrow, na POF hustle next o. Make God helep me. Today's watchnight no go be small thing o. I don enter my details put for IELTS result check page, na to just dey press find. I just wana see 9999 and go watch Black Panther with peace of mind tomorrow evening ooo. We shall laugh by God's grace.

Amen. I won't sleep well tonight myself�
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bonnie1: 9:35pm On Feb 22, 2018
Please, how do i join the WhatsApp group?

Pamperme:

Are you in LVO too? Been on IP2 for a while now too... Sometimes, the PPR mail doesn't come immediately... There are people on whatsapp group that have been on IP2 for months...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 22, 2018
Please I also want to join the wats group...

Are you in LVO too? Been on IP2 for a while now too... Sometimes, the PPR mail doesn't come immediately... There are people on whatsapp group that have been on IP2 for months...[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by stonecoldcafe: 10:03pm On Feb 22, 2018
What can one do about a past employer who refuses to include roles/duties to a reference letter? Reason is that it is not part of their policy to state such.

This past employer provides workers to a vast number of institutions so turn over rate is very high. Individual (from central head office and not in city where I worked) sending generic employment letter may not be able to confirm my exact job function

Meanwhile i have an employment letter confirming role, full-time employment, number of hours worked etc but letter is silent on role/duties. Payslips and bank statement are available. Advice? Anyone gone through this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dtush(f): 10:44pm On Feb 22, 2018
Luce:

Thanks alot for the reply.
Treasury Bills sound like a good idea, however is it still necessary to show 6 months SOA with that?. My account has been in semi-shambles lately. Lol.
Should I just start Treasury Bills now? Planning to enter the pool by early May hopefully, subject to my ECA report being ready.

As at when I applied I had like 50K in my salary account. I almost never have money in my salary account. I think the salary account is to future proof your employment. T-bills or money in dom is fine. As far as you can proof the money is in your custody.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dtush(f): 10:47pm On Feb 22, 2018
stonecoldcafe:
What can one do about a past employer who refuses to include roles/duties to a reference letter? Reason is that it is not part of their policy to state such.

This past employer provides workers to a vast number of institutions so turn over rate is very high. Individual (from central head office and not in city where I worked) sending generic employment letter may not be able to confirm my exact job function

Meanwhile i have an employment letter confirming role, full-time employment, number of hours worked etc but letter is silent on role/duties. Payslips and bank statement are available. Advice? Anyone gone through this?

Do u have a supervisor or manager that can write you a reference for that job so u can back it up with the one you get from your company

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Feb 22, 2018
wholesomegrace:

Please, how did you do this? I mean book for IOM sessions post ITA? I don't have the UCI number yet and I don't meet other criteria listed on the website
You need the UCI. I already had a UCI from a previous Canadian Permit application
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by chizilulu(f): 11:01pm On Feb 22, 2018
[quote author=Lucious477 post=65280258]Hi guys,

I'm very thankful to God because I've received the golden mail and I don't know how to celebrate!

Congratulations! !!

May it end in praise for us all. Amen!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newbeecey: 12:48am On Feb 23, 2018
Please help o!!!! In addition, after i registered for IELTS the earliest dat available at the time was 21st April (tried 7th April but I was notified that it was fully booked). However I just realized that 3 days after when trying to register for the hubs that 7th April is now available (guessing they cancelled some people's registration). My question is, is it possible to have my exam rescheduled to an earlier date, anyone had such experience;
please confirm ASAP so I can try to switch dates. Thanks

Newbeecey:
Please how long does it typically take for BC to acknowledge mail showing evidence of payment for IELTS and any other required details?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 1:26am On Feb 23, 2018
Amen o!
GlitteringStar:

May the rain fall on all PPR hopefuls. Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 1:44am On Feb 23, 2018
Have you made payment?

If you haven’t, you can register for the 7th April, make payment ASAP and let the later date 21st cancel on it’s own.
But note that you cannot register for the same date twice
Newbeecey:
Please help o!!!! In addition, after i registered for IELTS the earliest dat available at the time was 21st April (tried 7th April but I was notified that it was fully booked). However I just realized that 3 days after when trying to register for the hubs that 7th April is now available (guessing they cancelled some people's registration). My question is, is it possible to have my exam rescheduled to an earlier date, anyone had such experience;
please confirm ASAP so I can try to switch dates. Thanks

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nikkydave: 1:50am On Feb 23, 2018
Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nozzle(m): 2:26am On Feb 23, 2018
stonecoldcafe:

I had similar issues with my current employer.

So i had to submit the following in this order (first to last page), and in one pdf file

Email correspondence with HR personel showing my request and their response, stating why they cant grant my request
The generic letter from my company (No job roles and duties)
Two paged reference letter (required format) signed by a colig (in my department)included his phone number, email and address(certified it in court)
A scanned copy of his ID card front and back (certified it in court)
Scanned copy of my ID (certified it in court)
Tied everything up with LOE explaining why i couldnt provide a reference letter with the required format directly from my employer.

Its my current employer, so for your case, employment letter, letter of resignation etc. may be included. I did the same when documenting for my former employer too.

My pay slips, bank statements came under my pof. You could try other approach as well, there is really no hard and fast rule anyway, you re simply trying to be as convincing as possible with your documentations and its important you leave no stone unturned in the process.

This worked for me, i hope it works for you too.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Opotuniti(m): 3:47am On Feb 23, 2018
Woww, What a short timeline.
Congratulations!!

Lucious477:
Hi guys,

My Timeline:
CRS 454
ITA Dec 6th 2017
AOR Jan 12th 2018
MEP Jan 26th
IP1 Jan 26th
NA2 Feb 1st
IP2 Feb 20th
PPR Feb 21st
Family of 3
No ADR

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by unyted(m): 3:48am On Feb 23, 2018
Congrats!!!

Please how can one determine the IP stage (IP 1 or IP2)? Also, how can one ascertain the visa office handling the PR file?

Cheers!!!

Lucious477:
Hi guys,

My Timeline:
CRS 454
ITA Dec 6th 2017
AOR Jan 12th 2018
MEP Jan 26th
IP1 Jan 26th
NA2 Feb 1st
IP2 Feb 20th
PPR Feb 21st
Family of 3
No ADR

Some highlights of my application includes;
1. My POF = T-Bills(3months) + Generic Bank Ref Letter + 6months SOA + Gift of deed (100% amount from direct family). My total POF is in the T-Bills, explained this in my LOE.
2. Proof of employment = Reference letter (included NYSC experience) + Pay stubs.
3. There was a mistake in my spouse's name on our daughter's birthday cerficate, so I attached an affidavit (confirmation of name) together with the document to clarify this. Also explained this in my LOE.
4. Educational documents= Degree certificates + WES. I didn't include IELTS certificate although I registered the certificate number somewhere else in my application.
5. My spouse hasn't officially changed her name so I submitted our application with her maiden name. Our marriage certificate was enough proof I guess.
6. Passport photos = We took our final printed photos (50x70mm) from "Study 24" ahead of time. I scanned and resized it to the required specification (35x45mm) (using MS software) and used it for Post ITA submission.
That's all I can remember off the top of my head and I hope it helps.
Thanks to everyone that has ever communicated on this thread (names too numerous to list), it was very helpful!
For those still hoping for better IELTS scores, please try again and give it all you have this time.
For those still expecting the silver mail, please be very hopeful. Try to improve your CRS, while in the pool if you need to.
For those still anticipating towards receiving the golden mail, it will certainly come!
I'm wishing everyone here the very best and remember it will end in praise!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Opotuniti(m): 3:54am On Feb 23, 2018
Dear friends,

At what time after AOR will ordering for GCMS be meaningful or ideal and when likely can one know the Visa office treating one's application?

Quite curious with news of short timeslines recently.
May The Lord give us all supernatural speed & divine grace & favour. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 4:06am On Feb 23, 2018
Guys,

Please, what's the best way to visit a friend (a student in Canada) for less than 6 months?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Obyroli: 4:09am On Feb 23, 2018
Good morning people
please what body should I assess with to claim two or more certificate.
BSc (foreign degree)
OND (poly )
Also the Bsc is through direct entry.
secondly, how do I get the reference number for transcript.
Thirdly, can I apply for both transcript at the same time Cos the Bsc may get there first
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by SegunWamiri(m): 5:02am On Feb 23, 2018
@ DadR and tippex, you mean you eventually went to bed? Your results are ready nah. It's usually out 12am UK time

Go and check joor and share the good news grin

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by QSola: 5:46am On Feb 23, 2018
SegunWamiri:
@ DadR and tippex, you mean you eventually went to bed? Your results are ready nah. It's usually out 12am UK time

Dadr ia busy refreshing BC site
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Temas: 6:04am On Feb 23, 2018
I have been trying to check since 12am ooo. still no result found. cry. could it be because am checking with phone. kai see how British council dey make IT professional think.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DadR: 6:09am On Feb 23, 2018
QSola:

Dadr ia busy refreshing BC site

Haha, LOL

SegunWamiri:

My brother, I've been sleeping o, the Lord has assured me that there's no girigiri cos He has done great things.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Eilenora: 6:11am On Feb 23, 2018
Guy i dey same shoes o. Result not found at 6.11am!

quote author=Temas post=65298682]
I have been trying to check since 12am ooo. still no result found. cry. could it be because am checking with phone. kai see how British council dey make IT professional think.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DadR: 6:12am On Feb 23, 2018
LOL, we will surely be fine bro. Baba loke ti take over.

BTW, which field of IT are u in?

Hakuna Matata

Temas:

I have been trying to check since 12am ooo. still no result found. cry. could it be because am checking with phone. kai see how British council dey make IT professional think.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Gu2015: 6:53am On Feb 23, 2018
[quote author=chizilulu post=65295854][/quote]Congrats please share your timeline.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tippex(f): 7:18am On Feb 23, 2018
SegunWamiri:

Bros nothing yet oh. I didn't even sleep well, fear, anxiety, excitement dey worry me now. I have been checking with my husband's details, let me see his own first grin

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Lucious477: 7:27am On Feb 23, 2018
unyted:
Congrats!!!

Please how can one determine the IP stage (IP 1 or IP2)? Also, how can one ascertain the visa office handling the PR file?

Cheers!!!

For your first question, I'll refer to a few pages back, because someone gave a detailed answer to this recently.

As regards finding out the visa office processing your application, send an email to
cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Email subject must include your application Number.
Email body must have the following:
Application Number; Applicant type; Given name(s); family name; Unique Client Identifier (UCI); Date of Birth; Category of Immigration.

I sent this email 9am (Ottawa time) and got the reply I needed minutes later.
Cheers!

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Toqunbur: 7:35am On Feb 23, 2018
[Hello @dtush. I wish to have your emaill address, i want discussion and info on divorce issues, i seem to fall in the same category. quote author=dtush post=65271549]I dont even know where to start to show my appreciation to my creator.

That is how i woke up 4am jejely to read. Just had an itch to check my email. There it was lying since 3:02pm yday, a mail to check my account.

Lo and behold, it was PPR. didnt believe it at first, call a friend who has received PPR to help me confirm.

Timeline
Decision to migrate Jan 2017
IELTS April 29th
ECA July
ITA First week in August 2017
Sumitted Aug 22 2017
AOR August 28th (devil tried it, but mercy said no)
Med passed Sept 4th
NA 2 Sept 7th
FTD to the dread LVO Oct 24th
IP2 Second week in January 2018
Almighty ADR (official divorce papers, court order granting me custody, tax card, more proof of employment) Feb 1st 2018
Submitted ADR Feb 20th 2018
PPR Feb 21st 2018

Family composition. My little madam and I.

I wrote my testimony in faith the day i submitted, it took a while but here i am finally sharing it.

Thou it may tarry, Onise iyanu is still and will forever remain on the throne.

Thank you to everyone that helped me on this journey. The lord will favour you all.

[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.