Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,676 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1296753 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by goldenlolo: 9:22am On Feb 28, 2018
Hello people
Please my friend got nominated in Nova Scotia and as he was trying to update his profile after accepting the nomination, his profile became ineligible. I don't know for sure what he was trying to update but immediately it happened, he created another profile and reached out to the province so they could transfer his nomination to his new profile. He attached his nomination Cert, letter from CIC for new profile creation also the letter showing his previous profile has become ineligible.

It's more than 3days he requested now and he's been calling them to get status update and they've been telling him that it's been processed as they would check if he is still eligible for their program before approval for a reissuance can be granted and would get back to him by this Friday.

My friend is worried sick and praying they don't withdraw the nomination...so I need your advice on his behalf as well as the answer to these questions:

1. Please does anybody have an idea of how long it usually takes for such request to be processed?
2. Has this sort of issue happened to anyone you know before and how long did it take the province to process the request?
3. It is always a win-win situation for the applicant requesting for the transfer of nomination?

PS: My friend told them his profile became invalid as a result of a system glitch
Please what is the way forward?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Abbylee: 9:22am On Feb 28, 2018
-
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by shubraba: 9:25am On Feb 28, 2018
cuteguy201:
Hi, This is true but I would like to make some clarifications on some parts n7ot totally true as I have gotten the mail for my HST refund.

1. The refund is not at a fixed at $37.05 as mentioned.
I want to believe that's the amount to be refunded if you paid $322 (International Courier of ECA).

I got a refund of $26.91 because I paid $233 (Standard Shipping of ECA)

2. The HST is not only paid by Canadians, it is paid by anyone who does a transaction within Canada either Canadian or Nigerian or Indian.
However, a Non-Canadian who does not live within Canada can request for a refund of the HST after such transaction has been successfully carried out upon evidence that he does not live in Canada - in this case, the mailing address of where the ECA was sent to or the mailing address on the card of payment.

I hope this helps. Thanks.
N.B.
I applied for the refund first week of January and just got a response 2 days ago.

Hello a friend in Canada paid for my Wes. Can I apply for refund?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Maxxyfruit: 9:30am On Feb 28, 2018
Emmasonic4me:

Did you know you can get a refund of the harmonized sales tax (HST) after evaluating your credentials with WES??

I just stumbled on this(attached screenshots) and some people who tried it have recorded successful refund of $37.05.
It was discussed that the HST is paid by Canadians and since we are not (at this point), it shouldn't have been part of the bill.

I used IQAS for my ECA so it doesn't apply. Please let's explore this and see what happens for those who used WES.

Caveat: I do not know yet if there's a time frame or validity period to ask for a refund.

Does the above explanation mean that the refund can only be requested for after evaluation is complete??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Abbylee: 9:32am On Feb 28, 2018
Congrats!
Please whats MR? I have never seen it before.

WoodcrestMayor:
Pick up mail just came in.

MR-Jan 19
Passport request -Jan 22
Passport dispatched-Jan 27
Passport delivered-Jan 31
Status changed to "Decision made" sometimes this week.
Pickup mail-27 Feb
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:42am On Feb 28, 2018
sleekysilk:
Got this from another forum. Seems the PCC requirement is now only for long stretch 6 months stay 'in a row' and not piece meal accumulation.

I guess this is good news for ajala travelers. No more cumulative summing.

Wow! Nice!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by smslive2: 10:13am On Feb 28, 2018
Medical Request i believe
Abbylee:
Congrats!
Please whats MR? I have never seen it before.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emmasonic4me: 10:14am On Feb 28, 2018
Kontagious:
This your post hook me for one corner I can't explain sha... Choi.

Cuteguy201 appreciated your post (and clarified) in good faith but in return you attacked his gesture albeit subtly.

Although not yours but you posted it and probably took ownership by the disclaimer, let's take a look at your point four in steps to recall the tax charged and also remember the disclaimer you put does not cover a disparity of the point, I'd recopy so you don't go scrolling up wink "You will get an instant auto generated mail after submitting followed by the confirmation of refund mail in 72 hours"

Then Let me answer your query with some questions.

How will you feel when folks come in droves to say, I applied 3 days ago (to put it at minimum) but I am yet to get an auto response talk-less of a refund?

What will be your response then? How do you expect him to come forward with what was yet to be verified to be true?

He waited nothing less than 50 days to get the refund which I believe is the applicable timeline... Koko sha, I'd rather go with a first hand experience than follow yours of hearsay (3 days)... My take.

PS: I applied January 8 and got the same refund mail about 3 days back, yet to confirm money has been paid though.

Buhahahahahaha... Subtle ko, disclaimer ni....

Please steer clear if you've got nothing else to say other than what you typed up here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emmasonic4me: 10:22am On Feb 28, 2018
Maxxyfruit:

Does the above explanation mean that the refund can only be requested for after evaluation is complete??

I think that's what it technically implies, because there seems to be no way around it when applying. Also, with WES giving reference number after payment, its logical to assume you will get a tailored attention by quoting your reference number in your correspondences.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 28, 2018
Ethelia:
Hmm, Just noticed there have been some changes to the system post ITA.

Nice!

For those people who are yet to submit their application, try to check CIC's website for any new updates.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by goldenlolo: 11:12am On Feb 28, 2018
Please my people help us look into this abeg What can we do please
Please my friend got nominated in Nova Scotia and as he was trying to update his profile after accepting the nomination, his profile became ineligible. I don't know for sure what he was trying to update but immediately it happened, he created another profile and reached out to the province so they could transfer his nomination to his new profile. He attached his nomination Cert, letter from CIC for new profile creation also the letter showing his previous profile has become ineligible. It's more than 3days he requested now and he's been calling them to get status update and they've been telling him that it's been processed as they would check if he is still eligible for their program before approval for a reissuance can be granted and would get back to him by this Friday. My friend is worried sick and praying they don't withdraw the nomination...so I need your advice on his behalf as well as the answer to these questions: 1. Please does anybody have an idea of how long it usually takes for such request to be processed? 2. Has this sort of issue happened to anyone you know before and how long did it take the province to process the request? 3. It is always a win-win situation for the applicant requesting for the transfer of nomination? PS: My friend told them his profile became invalid as a result of a system glitch Please what is the way forward? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ilekzy(m): 11:49am On Feb 28, 2018
Hello good people. Pls is there any pharmacist with application for ECA from PEBC. I don't understand why I am yet to get acknowledgement of receipt of documents mail. It's been 5 weeks since all my documents got to them and I'm yet to hear from them. I've been sending them mails but I keep getting an auto reply.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 28, 2018
Ethelia:
Hmm, Just noticed there have been some changes to the system post ITA.

1. There is a question on if you have done any test to assess your french skills

2. No need to Merge PCC's together. It now mentions the countries you are supposed to have PCC's from and there are separate place holders for each pcc.

Does it make french language compulsory ? Kindly clarify.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Jantz: 12:01pm On Feb 28, 2018
Maxxyfruit:

Does this mean that 25% of pension funds contribution has been accepted before by CIC as proof of funds??
I used it as mine, just explain in LOE that the 25% is available 3 months after COPR, while the remaining balance is available 6 months after leaving Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 28, 2018
Hi, I am also waiting for mine too, they will reply you, it takes about 6 to 8weeks. My friends that got theirs it took more than 8weeks.. They have stopped sending acknowledgment mail.

ilekzy:
Hello good people. Pls is there any pharmacist with application for ECA from PEBC. I don't understand why I am yet to get acknowledgement of receipt of documents mail. It's been 5 weeks since all my documents got to them and I'm yet to hear from them. I've been sending them mails but I keep getting an auto reply.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by keni: 12:04pm On Feb 28, 2018
Jantz:

I used it as mine, just explain in LOE that the 25% is available 3 months after COPR, while the remaining balance is available 6 months after leaving Nigeria.

I dont think this your information is correct o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 12:10pm On Feb 28, 2018
Guitarlife:

Does it make french language compulsory ? Kindly clarify.

No it doesn't. I had a scary moment after selecting No and there was a new option to view scores. I thought it would reduce the scores in some way but it did not.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 4Barr: 12:16pm On Feb 28, 2018
Jantz:

Incorrect, its available Four months after disengagement and the rest is locked till you retire and you are 50years. Check Section 7(2) of the PRA 2014 for further guidance.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by intercedertee(f): 12:27pm On Feb 28, 2018
Amen
Newmum0615:
kiss Thanks dear. E go reach all of us.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by agates: 12:35pm On Feb 28, 2018
@balogunsam, how far you have been silent my fellow January person
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by intercedertee(f): 12:53pm On Feb 28, 2018
ope oooo...
Ethelia:

No it doesn't. I had a scary moment after selecting No and there was a new option to view scores. I thought it would reduce the scores in some way but it did not.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 1:20pm On Feb 28, 2018
DereI:
Good morning all. The IP2 update was real.PPR rain is falling in a whatsapp group I'm in.
Good luck to us all. May PPR fall on us.

This is the kind of news we need to hear on a daily and not Herdsmen this, corruption that...

Congratulations in advance to all those awaiting this shower of blessings while we await an encore of April-May 2017 events

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 28, 2018
Guys, I'm seriously worried about my listening

I keep making mistakes when I practice...my weak points are multiple choice, map and diagram completion.

I need some more pointers and encouragement biko
March 24 is my exam
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by luffyhaki: 1:59pm On Feb 28, 2018
sthillz:
Guys, I'm seriously worried about my listening

I keep making mistakes when I practice...my weak points are multiple choice, map and diagram completion.

I need some more pointers and encouragement biko
March 24 is my exam

hmmmm...keep practising...Are u using IDP?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by superdoll: 2:26pm On Feb 28, 2018
mcstan18:

This is the kind of news we need to hear on a daily and not Herdsmen this, corruption that...

Congratulations in advance to all those awaiting this shower of blessings while we await an encore of April-May 2017 events

Pls @mcstan18 what happened during the april -may 2017 event.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 2:43pm On Feb 28, 2018
superdoll:

Pls @mcstan18 what happened during the april -may 2017 event.

Draws crashed to an all-time low

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 28, 2018
luffyhaki:

hmmmm...keep practising...Are u using IDP?

No British Council
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by luffyhaki: 3:07pm On Feb 28, 2018
sthillz:

No British Council

All the best bro..im doing mine same date with IDP..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by luffyhaki: 3:07pm On Feb 28, 2018
mcstan18:

Draws crashed to an all-time low

hmmm good stuff..How low if i may ask??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by beautyfoch: 3:39pm On Feb 28, 2018
luffyhaki:

hmmm good stuff..How low if i may ask??

413, 415

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by luffyhaki: 3:41pm On Feb 28, 2018
beautyfoch:

413, 415

wowwwwww....impressive
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 28, 2018
Greetings house, please did anyone use the standard delivery option for WES instead of the International Courier option? Since the evaluation will be sent electronically and the hard copy not needed immediately is it okay if i choose standard delivery?

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.