Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1295843 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Litealpha: 5:10pm On Mar 18, 2018
Its Prime Medical Consultants
You may have to check their phone via google
Saintp:
Happy Sunday All,

I plan going for medicals this week in portharcourt but I can't find the hospital on CIC website. In fact, nothing is showing on the drop down where you select the country. I wanted to get their number and call them before going.

Please has anyone done medicals in portharcourt? What is their procedure and what should we go with? Please help

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 5:13pm On Mar 18, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 5:14pm On Mar 18, 2018
You and this Nnamdi. You will tell me who he is one day. grin
mcstan18:

undecided I will ask Nnamdi o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ehiobe: 5:14pm On Mar 18, 2018
Pls London visa office gang any idea which month LVO is processing now for PPR FSW stream. MY Aor is since NOV 22nd and I am on IP2 still no news from them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ArcUgo(m): 5:15pm On Mar 18, 2018
Saintp:
Happy Sunday All,

I plan going for medicals this week in portharcourt but I can't find the hospital on CIC website. In fact, nothing is showing on the drop down where you select the country. I wanted to get their number and call them before going.

Please has anyone done medicals in portharcourt? What is their procedure and what should we go with? Please help

Its Prime Medicals at Cocaine Estate. it there on the CIC website. Though i haven't also done mine

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by luffyhaki: 5:18pm On Mar 18, 2018
ArcUgo:

Its Prime Medicals at Cocaine Estate. it there on the CIC website. Though i haven't also done mine

Cocaine estate..PH I bow to una o

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 5:19pm On Mar 18, 2018
Yimu
happytbaby:
Afi 1000 yards of wife material naa! PM me your husband's number let me confirm from source wink

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 18, 2018
conebeam:

I will decline the ITA. But can I add the 3months experience I had before my current job while creating a new profile, so that it rounds up to 3yrs?

Thank you.

Why do you want to create a new profile? Do you want to claim points for the three months work experience and can you get a work reference letter for it? If yes, then you can add it. Note that the work experience should also be under NOC A, B or 0.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 5:37pm On Mar 18, 2018
grin grin grin. Cold coke is always the answer for me.

Newmum0615:
grin grin grin My dear, I have no idea o. With the way I mention this stout upandan, you'd think I am a consumer. The thing never pass my mouth before.
Lemme be humble abeg, do you have cold malt? grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 5:39pm On Mar 18, 2018
Cocaine Estate? shocked
What a name.
ArcUgo:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Insight123: 5:41pm On Mar 18, 2018
4wearegreat:

Sent you a pm

@4wearegreat kindly pm me with the Lasu transcript phone number. I need it urgently. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Yahwehgbemi: 5:45pm On Mar 18, 2018
Pls house I have few questions:

1. I have read here that if you have more than one qualification, you just need to assess the highest qualification. Now that NASU has called off their strike, I want to do ECA and I want to know if assessing the highest qualification ONLY is still valid.

2. If one wants to use his GTB Naira Mastercard to pay for WES, what is the procedure?

Thanks as I await your quick responses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by jholarharde(f): 5:47pm On Mar 18, 2018
Newmum0615:
grin grin grin My dear, I have no idea o. With the way I mention this stout upandan, you'd think I am a consumer. The thing never pass my mouth before.
humble fire, go for 5alive as big geh wet you be. lolz
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by jholarharde(f): 5:48pm On Mar 18, 2018
Newmum0615:
humble fire, go for 5alive as big geh wet you be. lolz
happy Sunday my Canada neighbours

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 18, 2018
Yahwehgbemi:
Pls house I have few questions:

1. I have read here that if you have more than one qualification, you just need to assess the highest qualification. Now that NASU has called off their strike, I want to do ECA and I want to know if assessing the highest qualification ONLY is still valid.

2. If one wants to use his GTB Naira Mastercard to pay for WES, what is the procedure?

Thanks as I await your quick responses.
If u have phd or masters assess them only. If u have bsc, ond or any other qualification like ican AAT or ACCA. Assess bsc and one other cert if u have to claim points for two or more degree.
Following the steps on wes till u get to payment page. Den u use your card details

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tsadoemmanuel: 6:02pm On Mar 18, 2018
Good day friends.

I have written IELTS and it was a success and my spouse wants to write TEF as she holds MASTERS OF ARTS(M.A) IN FRENCH.

Please, my question is... Should she proceed with the TEF or she should go for IELTS?[/b]

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by QSola: 6:11pm On Mar 18, 2018
ysteph:
@newmum0615.
I want to ask a question but I am afraid. I'll ask anyways.

Is cold stout sold in Canada?
grin grin grin grin grin

No but they have kaikai and palmwine
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 18, 2018
tsadoemmanuel:
Good day friends.

I have written IELTS and it was a success and my spouse wants to write TEF as she holds MASTERS OF ARTS(M.A) IN FRENCH.

Please, my question is... Should she proceed with the TEF or she should go for IELTS?[/b]

Thanks.

I believe it depends on your CRS score

She will get more points for English and French
What is your projected CRS score with or without TEF?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Canadianfly: 6:19pm On Mar 18, 2018
sthillz:

You're the best. Thank you

Make I go sleep then re-energize for Saturday

My husband's speaking is tomorrow and I've "warned " him he must do better than me lol

Many thanks again

Lol you are just like me. I remember when my husband was to take it, I was always hounding him because he didn't study at all. He was busy with work and every other thing except IELTS. I was so sure my Oga will go there and speak Igbo proverbs for the examiner. He kept smiling and didn't even answer me. I saw the TOEFL result he took over 18 years ago to study in Yankee. And he cleared it, yet I was not convinced because age, bills, wife, kids, grilled fish, suya, cow tail and johnnie walker have saturated the brain. Lmao.
The night before his IELTS, I tried to practice Writing with him, bros slept off. I was just annoyed. Next morning, he went and wrote it. I kept sending bros whatsapp message asking him to relax and breathe. He no even answer me until he returned, and his response was "yea IELTS is ok". I'm like just ok?? Anyway countdown to 13 days later, I was refreshing BC website like a mad person, and I saw LRWS 8.5, 8, 7 and 7.5. The way I jumped on him while he was still asleep screaming, the guy was even scared that something serious happened hahahaha
Then I showed him his result, he just said yea nice...and went back to sleep.

Point of my story, my dear relax, these men have their own way of passing without stressing like us lol. Your husband will do well.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by QSola: 6:26pm On Mar 18, 2018
tsadoemmanuel:
Good day friends.

Thanks.

If she is going to be the primary applicant then she can write both in other to gain more points. If she isnt she can write either ielts or tef
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Jesusbabie: 6:31pm On Mar 18, 2018
Thank you very much. I don't mind waiting till monday.

quote author=threadstone post=65926597]

you'll get your account statements with the letter and theyll state that youre eligible for it 25% according to the pension act. If u dont mind waiting till monday, id check the contents of mine and revert.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by conebeam: 6:33pm On Mar 18, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Why do you want to create a new profile? Do you want to claim points for the three months work experience and can you get a work reference letter for it? If yes, then you can add it. Note that the work experience should also be under NOC A, B or 0.

I feel I should create a new one incase the score doesn't come down.
Pls can I send a PM to you?
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 18, 2018
conebeam:

Thank you

I’m a bit confused by your case. Did you input the wrong dates when filling in your profile? Is that why it became 3 years? If yes then please continue. However, if you put in the right dates and CIC decided to round it up for you, if you create a new profile wont the same thing just happen again?
Maybe I misunderstood your story sha but I’m having a hard time seeing why you’re about to decline ITA on top one month.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Saintp(m): 6:51pm On Mar 18, 2018
ArcUgo:

I just googled it and the address is Eliada estate, Rumuogba. There is no Cocaine estate in their address. Is it another name for it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 18, 2018
conebeam:

Nay. Kindly ask your question on this thread.

conebeam:

I don't understand this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 7:48pm On Mar 18, 2018
conebeam:

Thank you

I don't understand how creating a new profile compensates for the draws not coming down.

Anyway, from what I understand from this your story, I'd also suggest that you decline ITA at this time to avoid stories that touch, input the correct details and wait for the next draw. With the 450 something that you have with less than 3 years experience, you would easily land an ITA. Having a CRS score of 1200 doesn't guarantee you of a speedy processing neither does 430, so just gather enough to get an ITA and do your thing with peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 18, 2018
Canadianfly:

Lol you are just like me. I remember when my husband was to take it, I was always hounding him because he didn't study at all. He was busy with work and every other thing except IELTS. I was so sure my Oga will go there and speak Igbo proverbs for the examiner. He kept smiling and didn't even answer me. I saw the TOEFL result he took over 18 years ago to study in Yankee. And he cleared it, yet I was not convinced because age, bills, wife, kids, grilled fish, suya, cow tail and johnnie walker have saturated the brain. Lmao.
The night before his IELTS, I tried to practice Writing with him, bros slept off. I was just annoyed. Next morning, he went and wrote it. I kept sending bros whatsapp message asking him to relax and breathe. He no even answer me until he returned, and his response was "yea IELTS is ok". I'm like just ok?? Anyway countdown to 13 days later, I was refreshing BC website like a mad person, and I saw LRWS 8.5, 8, 7 and 7.5. The way I jumped on him while he was still asleep screaming, the guy was even scared that something serious happened hahahaha
Then I showed him his result, he just said yea nice...and went back to sleep.

Point of my story, my dear relax, these men have their own way of passing without stressing like us lol. Your husband will do well.

LOL, your husband is just like mine!!!

We have quarelled on top ielts matter.. I feel he's not studying enough. He doesn't even answer me when i try to practice with him.

Thank you for this... I have a feeling he will surprise me too smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Bruno85: 8:12pm On Mar 18, 2018
sthillz:

LOL, your husband is just like mine!!!

We have quarelled on top ielts matter.. I feel he's not studying enough. He doesn't even answer me when i try to practice with him.

Thank you for this... I have a feeling he will surprise me too smiley

you guys should leave husbands alone... we think a lot. i bet he will surprise you. and still bring POF.
All the best.
first comment though. grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 18, 2018
Bruno85:

you guys should leave husbands alone... we think a lot. i bet he will surprise you. and still bring POF.
All the best.
first comment though. grin grin

Thank you!!!
This thread is the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Hollarjunnaid: 8:34pm On Mar 18, 2018
sleekchic:

Thank you so so much. Was your center mainland or island?
Mainland. A secondary school in ikeja
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by JandyJ(m): 8:44pm On Mar 18, 2018
Tojued:

Ogbeni please go and do your research. I was bored yesterday but will be very busy today.

Modified.

On page zero or somewhere similar, there's already a link to estimated costs. I found it lying around by myself unfortunately no energy to help you get the link.

First thing I did when relocation entered my eye was to evaluate costs and draw up budget. If you're someone who's practical like me i think this approach will also work for you.

Pls help me with the link
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 18, 2018
Thank you very much

IamtrulyBlessed:
Please pardon me for responding quite late. I've been so busy.

Basically, I used the IELTS official study guide, Book 11 & 12, E2language, IELTSLiz, Oxford Online English .

I employed the strategies of E2language (Jay) in speaking and writing. They're very effective, I got 7 in writing even without concluding my essay because of a costly mistake that made me to write part 1 twice. While I used IELTSLiz & E2Language for listening. Absolute concentration and scanning of questions before the audio is played is very helpful. Likewise, I used E2, IELTSLiz and Oxford Online English, especially matching and TFNG for Reading
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csI64Rm3Hh0

You can get all these videos on YouTube.

In terms of practice, I used these sites/materials

Reading & Listening:
https://ieltsonlinetests.com
http://mini-ielts.com

Writing & Speaking:
E2language live classes by Jay
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCglDIsg_Z9mE2oT9hsrbzFA

General practice - exam week
Cambridge Book 11 & 12
Official Cambridge Guide questions
Road to IELTS - practice questions
IELTS practice questions from https://www.ielts.org

You should be fine if you understand the IELTS tricks.

As per MOD, they're as good as BC if not better because of their excellent customer service.

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.