Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,264 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1294874 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Canadianfly: 8:58pm On Mar 18, 2018
Bruno85:

you guys should leave husbands alone... we think a lot. i bet he will surprise you. and still bring POF.
All the best.
first comment though. grin grin

Yea na POF he used to tell me then is more important to him. That he doesn't care about ielts lol.

@sthillz, he will. kiss

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by titiclassy: 8:59pm On Mar 18, 2018
sthillz:
So I did my speaking test today.
Chai I don't know what happened but I stammered a couple of times and repeated certain words.

I'm so worried

Had mine today as well. Its normal to re evaluate your performance. It will end in praise. I dey pray make listening cooperate for minimum of 8 o.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by conebeam: 9:01pm On Mar 18, 2018
Thanks so much for the suggestions.
I filled in correct details for the application, but it was rounded up as 3yrs. But in the real sense it's 33months. Which makes a score of 450 rather than 475. If I decline ITA alone I ll still have 475, which is meant to be 450.

Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Hollarjunnaid: 9:05pm On Mar 18, 2018
Obyroli:
Good day house,
Please I need Ielts materials to starting preparing on time.I will really appreciate .
Thanks
PM me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2018
conebeam:
I filled in correct details for the application, but it was rounded up as 3yrs. But in the real sense it's 33months. Which makes a score of 450 rather than 475. If I decline ITA alone I ll still have 475, which is meant to be 450.

Thank you all.

So doesn’t this mean that this is from their end? You did nothing wrong so I don’t get why you have to decline ITA based on their own mistake. Why are you looking a gift horse in the mouth? Worst case scenario they take back their own ITA because of their own mistake.

Why question/refuse a blessing?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by stonecoldcafe: 9:16pm On Mar 18, 2018
conebeam:

Thank you all.

You have gone on and on about this question. Why not do what's truly in your mind and give yourself peace. If you feel like declining the ITA, please do. 450 is a high score anyway.You'll probably get invited again in the next round.

In my case, by March 5, I clocked 2 years at my current job. I had 1 year at a previous job.I got into the pool February ending with the exact months I'd worked which was like 2 years and 11 months. I had it in mind I'll update my profile by March 5th to reflect 3 years.

Guess what, same day CIC calculated my score with 3 years. End of story.

[s]
I understand your fear though, mine was a matter of days while yours is 3 months. Please follow your heart[/s]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vickyehi: 9:19pm On Mar 18, 2018
conebeam:

Thank you all.

Well imo I think your place of work can write your letter stating when you joined them and how many hours you have worked.
MR xyz joined this company in June 2016 and has worked a total of the value of 40hrs × 33mths. Afterall within 3mths it would be 3 full years.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 18, 2018
SkyWalk12:

Worst case scenario they take back their own ITA because of their own mistake.

No. The worst case scenario is that if he should submit his application before he completes 3 years work experience, his application will be REFUSED (see attached).

That is why I suggested these two options:

1. He should try to delay submission until he completes his 3 years of work experience since his CRS score (after recalculating using two years work experience) is lower than the cut-off score for the last draw.

2. Decline the ITA and wait for the next draw.

I feel the second option is better because if he should decline, all things being equal, he will get another invitation in the next draw (and hopefully the draw will be less than 450). And secondly, he can include his three months work experience to make three years which means rather than waiting for 3 months or so, he will have to wait for just two/three weeks. He should use the two weeks to gather his documents and co.

Cc: Conebeam

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Faracuisine80: 9:37pm On Mar 18, 2018
Thank you very much for the prompt response.
Pikipiki:
Your old passport will be returned to you after the new one has been issued. I was in a similar situation last year
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 18, 2018
SkyWalk12:

So doesn’t this mean that this is from their end?

It is true that the mistake is from them but the onus is on the applicant to ensure that his/her information is still accurate as at the day of submission. Note that if he should submit his application before he completes the three years work experience, they will calculate his points using just two years of work experience. A work experience of 2 years and 11 months will still give you points for two years only. With two years of work experience, his CRS score will be 450 which is less than 456 = Automatic refusal.

@Conebeam, ayaf tried. smiley Kindly follow your heart. I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by conebeam: 10:08pm On Mar 18, 2018
Thank you so much everyone. You all have been wonderful.

I will decline ITA and wait prayerfully for the next draw, hoping it comes below 450.

One last question, can I include my 3months experience without deleting the existing profile?

Thanks again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by conebeam: 10:11pm On Mar 18, 2018
GlitteringStar:

It is true that the mistake is from them but the onus is on the applicant to ensure that his/her information is still accurate as at the day of submission. Note that if he should submit his application before he completes the three years work experience, they will calculate his points using just two years of work experience. A work experience of 2 years and 11 months will still give you points for two years only. With two years of work experience, his CRS score will be 450 which is less than 456 = Automatic refusal.

@Conebeam, ayaf tried. smiley Kindly follow your heart. I wish you the best.

You have really tried. Thank you for throwing so much light. I am so convinced I have to decline the ITA.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 18, 2018
conebeam:

One last question, can I include my 3months experience without deleting the existing profile?

Yes, you can. You will have to decline your ITA if you want to claim points for the three months work experience though. Follow the steps in this post to update your profile.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Talkingboy: 10:18pm On Mar 18, 2018
IamtrulyBlessed:
Please pardon me for responding quite late. I've been so busy.

Basically, I used the IELTS official study guide, Book 11 & 12, E2language, IELTSLiz, Oxford Online English .

I employed the strategies of E2language (Jay) in speaking and writing. They're very effective, I got 7 in writing even without concluding my essay because of a costly mistake that made me to write part 1 twice. While I used IELTSLiz & E2Language for listening. Absolute concentration and scanning of questions before the audio is played is very helpful. Likewise, I used E2, IELTSLiz and Oxford Online English, especially matching and TFNG for Reading
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csI64Rm3Hh0

You can get all these videos on YouTube.

In terms of practice, I used these sites/materials

Reading & Listening:
https://ieltsonlinetests.com
http://mini-ielts.com

Writing & Speaking:
E2language live classes by Jay
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCglDIsg_Z9mE2oT9hsrbzFA

General practice - exam week
Cambridge Book 11 & 12
Official Cambridge Guide questions
Road to IELTS - practice questions
IELTS practice questions from https://www.ielts.org

You should be fine if you understand the IELTS tricks.

As per MOD, they're as good as BC if not better because of their excellent customer service.

welcome

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nusetron(m): 10:23pm On Mar 18, 2018
conebeam:
Thank you so much everyone. You all have been wonderful.

I will decline ITA and wait prayerfully for the next draw, hoping it comes below 450.

Thanks again.

The very best would be your lot. Remain positive and optimistic
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by conebeam: 10:35pm On Mar 18, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Yes, you can. You will have to decline your ITA if you want to claim points for the three months work experience though. Follow the steps in this post to update your profile.

Woow, this is nice. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by conebeam: 10:36pm On Mar 18, 2018
nusetron:

The very best would be your lot. Remain positive and optimistic
Amen. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Riddler32: 10:37pm On Mar 18, 2018
You will be fine as far as the interviewer isn't Nigerian.

In my second attempt, the lady made it unbearable, i stammered a few times, was cut short alot, indirectly told me my respond was wrong but suggestion answers. Felt bad all day, i fell short in point when result came out and ended up contesting the result which turned out positive.

Be Hopeful.

sthillz:
Chai I don't know what happened but I stammered a couple of times and repeated certain words.

I'm so worried

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Obyroli: 10:49pm On Mar 18, 2018
Hollarjunnaid:
PM me
I can't send a PM.please this is my email vivianadagbor@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Obyroli: 10:49pm On Mar 18, 2018
Hollarjunnaid:
PM me
I can't send a PM.please this is my email vivianadagbor@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Obyroli: 10:50pm On Mar 18, 2018
Hollarjunnaid:
PM me
I can't send PM.please this is my email vivianadagbor@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Obyroli: 10:51pm On Mar 18, 2018
Hollarjunnaid:
PM me
I can't send PM.please this is my email vivianadagbor@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by skylar2020(f): 12:15am On Mar 19, 2018
sthillz:

I'm so worried

Try and relax. It will end in praise. Mine is Thursday.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by KevweOse: 12:16am On Mar 19, 2018
Hi everyone,
Godbless you all for all the helpful tips you all have been contributing.
Please I'm new here, and I'm a medical doctor and so is my husband.
Id like to know the requirements for Canadian PR for skilled workers Biko.... Where do I start from.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 12:26am On Mar 19, 2018
KevweOse:
Hi everyone,
Id like to know the requirements for Canadian PR for skilled workers Biko.... Where do I start from.
Thanks.

You're welcome Doc. Kindly navigate to page zero of this thread to equip yourself with all you need to know about the entire process.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Pettyperty(f): 12:27am On Mar 19, 2018
KevweOse:
Hi everyone,
Thanks.

You can start here. You will get all info u need
https://www.nairaland.com/4212543/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sunvick(m): 1:01am On Mar 19, 2018
Its Cocaine village(it had an enduring history with coke) and not cocaine estate.

If you are coming from Rumuola, enter a bus or taxi and stop at Genesis bustop and then cross over to the opposite side of the road.

Directly opposite the Genesis bustop is the entrance to the estate, you will see a police post at the entrance into the estate. You will have to drive(walk) all the way down the straight road until you get to a T-junction, immediately pass the T-junction, the next turn to your right is the Hospital.

If you are coming from Eleme Junction, you will have to stop at the Genesis (Land Mark: Artillery is the stop before it). When you drop off, behind you is the entrance to the estate, you will even see a police post at the entrance into the estate. You will have to drive(walk) all the way down the straight road until you get to a T-junction, immediately pass the T-junction, the next turn to your right is the Hospital.

SV

Saintp:

I just googled it and the address is Eliada estate, Rumuogba. There is no Cocaine estate in their address. Is it another name for it?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Osaze007: 4:35am On Mar 19, 2018
My people
Now that I have a high score I’m already thinking about what’s next
I made a mistake with the DOB of one my siblings in my previous tourist visa application
Can I declare it an error in my pr application with some evidence ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 4:36am On Mar 19, 2018
superdoll:

Mine was PG school. confirm if urs is same den i can give u contact. Meanwhile i used ices and not wes. Dnt knw how wes works in ksu. But if its pg sch. D guy might have idea . As disorganised as they are, i presumed wes verification would be a problem that was why i stayed clear. Imagine pg letter head has people's (like secretary's) personal email (........@yahoo.com) and not official email and d guy told me nothing like official email.
pls,i would like to know how ices works cus i plan using it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by QSola: 5:49am On Mar 19, 2018
nnamdiokere45:
pls,i would like to know how ices works cus i plan using it

Your transcripts can be sent either by mail or e-mail. If by e-mail it must be sent through the school's official email address not your personal/a lecturer's email address because it is going to be rejected. If you are sending two or more certificates then each certificate is billed separately $200 each making $400. Courier charges is $70 since there is no room for soft copy. Flee away from standard mail.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 6:14am On Mar 19, 2018
I don't think it has anything to do with the nationality of the examiner. Mine was an Igbo woman and I was fine. My colleague had a Ghanaian examiner and still had to apply for EOR.
Riddler32:
You will be fine as far as the interviewer isn't Nigerian.

In my second attempt, the lady made it unbearable, i stammered a few times, was cut short alot, indirectly told me my respond was wrong but suggestion answers. Felt bad all day, i fell short in point when result came out and ended up contesting the result which turned out positive.

Be Hopeful.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:25am On Mar 19, 2018
QSola:

Your transcripts can be sent either by mail or e-mail. If by e-mail it must be sent through the school's official email address not your personal/a lecturer's email address because it is going to be rejected. If you are sending two or more certificates then each certificate is billed separately $200 each making $400. Courier charges is $70 since there is no room for soft copy. Flee away from standard mail.
tanks so much but i dnt understand d last part

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.