Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (538) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1294781 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Treasure1611: 6:40am On Apr 06, 2018
Pls i need clatification on work experience, just wanna share my concerns here. My sis has been working as a Public relations officer in my father's company for 3years now and shes wants to apply for EE. Hope it wont raise an eyebrow with the immigration officers.
Although all required documents will be provided.

Tanx y'all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Riddler32: 6:40am On Apr 06, 2018
@maideyz, It is truly sad to flunk any exam in life owning to the fact the time, study and resources put in. There is really nothing wrong with you, you can read, write and speak the English language. Truth be told, dust yourself up and fix your eyes at the prize ahead, forget about the exam fee, try and do the following:

- Smile and be thankful.
- Don't look or book the closet exam date (preferably give a space of 4 or 5 weeks).
- Avoid whack nolloywood movies and soaps (listen to CNN, BBC, Sky, supersorts and watch holloywood movies).
- Engage a friend (here or at home) for speaking practise.
- Read Jehovah witness "Awake" publications to enhance your reading practise.
- Practise Listening in Harsh condition such as in a noise environment to check your concentration level.
- Listen to the English alphabets in US, UK and Australian accents.
- Get BC IELTS practise materials volume 1 to 12 (youtube didn't work for you at the earlier stage).
- Practise at least three exam module (LRWS) each day.

Please note the above listed may not work but search within you for your comfort zone to the ace the exams.

maideyz:
Good day all,

I got a very dissappointing result for my ielts. This is my third attempt and i really prepared for the exam but to my dissapointment the result is worse than the previous ones.

I had Listening 7
Reading 6.5
writing 6.0
speaking 6.5

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Riddler32: 6:45am On Apr 06, 2018
You definitely have to add your BSc certificate and transcripts. Both needs to evaluated by the WES to avoid running from pillar to post in the near future.

senors:
I initiated my ECA through WES last year December, process of which is yet to complete due to the NASU strike. Although, I am hoping to have my transcript sent to WES by next week.
While completing the WES online process, I selected the ECA should be done only for my MBA but now I am considering adding my BSc also. Is this still possible without having to pay new fees to WES? Someone should kindly advise on most effective and efficient way to get this done. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 06, 2018
Riddler32:
You definitely have to add your BSc certificate and transcripts. Both needs to evaluated by the WES to avoid running from pillar to post in the near future.

he only needs to assess his mba o. Masters points is higher than 2 or more degrees

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 06, 2018
linaskreat:

Congrats. Please may I ask how you got the result. Mine is saying no result found

Center.
I didn't do the test in Nigeria. But just relax, it will show.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Canadianfly: 7:25am On Apr 06, 2018
laminaria:
With the way people quickly refer jambities to page0 is getting annoying i think u people need to chill and understand that, there is not prize for it at the end of the thread. and i dug into into so called nowadays "Seniors" most of you self ur own very first question is worse. there is something call waka pass if u think the question has been asked couple of times.i just look at few people like seriously few weeks ago u are upandan asking questions like kilode now that u submitted ur application u joined page0 referral, As much as i encourage self reading and research lets not forget google just take people to current page and last comment hence some newbies just ask questions directly, I know all what everyone needs to start with is on page0 but if u cant answer them just waka pass cos the same energy u take bash them is the same energy to give them quick info. and if u think it is because the thread is going full very fast. Well, Most so called seniors will quickly come out in full to bash or refer someone to page0 just to stay relevant or what and is not just only that often times it looks more of mocking this people than advising them simply because u are ahead of them.
How about will start congratulating people with "like button" only if we want to minimize the page.
however, kudos to some selfless people on this thread for their wonderful input, advice and encouragement. whichever group u belong to (Ielts,Wes,Ita,awaiting PPR,Copr or landing) God will see us all thru (amen).

I just hope you're done with IELTS. Because this your English is bad. Very bad.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Claire40: 7:27am On Apr 06, 2018
Sending you e-hugs.....I know you must be hurting but a remark is not worth it because your listening and reading scores are also low[quote author=maideyz post=66469842]Good day all,
I got a very dissappointing result for my ielts.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tippex(f): 7:28am On Apr 06, 2018
Congrats to all those who aced their ielts. Didn't ace it again at my 3rd attempt, I had 8.5 in LS while I had 6.5 in R and 7 in W. I was only looking out for my listening and you all can imagine my disappointment when I didn't make it. I have gone pass that now and moved on.

I would still specially want to appreciate coachtrane, he is an absolutely amazing and selfless person. So I am thinking for registering for the next one on the 21st and practise more reading this time around. Do you guys think it's too early?

If you didn't ace it please don't be discouraged, it's ok to be sad but don't brood for too long. Truth is your sadness doesn't change anything. It will end in praise!

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Canadianfly: 7:28am On Apr 06, 2018
maideyz:
Good day all,

I got a very dissappointing result for my ielts. This is my third attempt and i really prepared for the exam but to my dissapointment the result is worse than the previous ones.

I had Listening 7
Reading 6.5
writing 6.0
speaking 6.5

i have wept my eyes out. Please i think something is definitely wrong because i studied hard for this exam. i used the jays youtube session, studied with ielts buddy and ieltsliz. i am thinking of applying for remark. kindly advise if it is really worth. what is the cost and process. thank you.

Well I never do this, and I'm not the mushy type but somehow this your post got to me.

Are you in Abuja? If yes, I can coach you one on one for FREE. Or you can join them Cochtrane webinar. Whatever you decide, giving up is not an option. You'll be fine. smiley

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tojued: 7:29am On Apr 06, 2018
maideyz:
Good day all,

I had Listening 7
Reading 6.5
writing 6.0
speaking 6.5

Really sorry about your result. Please don't let BC discourage or demoralise you. People with worse results have gone ahead to get band 8 and shared their PPR testimony on this thread.

Maybe you should consider getting a study partner or a reliable tutor? In case there are any weak points you have that you're not identifying. It's usually easy for someone else to correct us than for us to correct ourselves.

Dust yourself and get up. You can do it!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tojued: 7:32am On Apr 06, 2018
senors:
I initiated my ECA through WES last year December, process of which is yet to complete due to the NASU strike. Although, I am hoping to have my transcript sent to WES by next week.
While completing the WES online process, I selected the ECA should be done only for my MBA but now I am considering adding my BSc also. Is this still possible without having to pay new fees to WES? Someone should kindly advise on most effective and efficient way to get this done. Thank you.

Can you do a search of this thread? I believe people have been in similar situations before.

You could also send your question to WES themselves or ask on Twitter. You'll get a definite response in less than 24hrs.

By the way it may be worth it evaluating your bsc even though it doesn't increase your points. You never know if the evaluation will come in handy in future.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Claire40: 7:32am On Apr 06, 2018
Congrats
obinwannechukwu:
So my March; 24th IELTS result is out.
For anyone who IELTS has dealt with, please do not give up. I will give my testimony when I finish dancing Shaku Shaku.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by luffyhaki: 7:32am On Apr 06, 2018
Canadianfly:

Well I never do this, and I'm not the mushy type but somehow this your post got to me.

Are you in Abuja? If yes, I can coach you one on one for FREE. Or you can join them Cochtrane webinar. Whatever you decide, giving up is not an option. You'll be fine. smiley

Awwww...Another side to canadianfly..Interesting
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by skylar2020(f): 7:40am On Apr 06, 2018
maideyz:
Good day all,

I had Listening 7
Reading 6.5
writing 6.0
speaking 6.5

i have wept my eyes out. Please i think something is definitely wrong because i studied hard for this exam. i used the jays youtube session, studied with ielts buddy and ieltsliz. i am thinking of applying for remark. kindly advise if it is really worth. what is the cost and process. thank you.

I'm in the same situation now. Started preparations since January only to get 7.5,6,6.5,7.5 in LRWS. I'm so frustrated. After all the preparations.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ArcUgo(m): 7:41am On Apr 06, 2018
I will advise you to include your BSC because in future you may need it while searching for jobs. Also, if you want to continue schooling you can simply apply to WES for an upgraded evaluation without the stress of paying for another transcript.

senors:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by laminaria(m): 7:42am On Apr 06, 2018
Canadianfly:

Enough to earned me 460 crs, enough to write progress note on a daily basis. Besides why did u take it personal? U seem pained about it, are u guilty of it? anway msg passed.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 06, 2018
False

Riddler32:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tojued: 7:43am On Apr 06, 2018
tippex:
Congrats to all those who aced their ielts. Didn't ace it again at my 3rd attempt, I had 8.5 in LS while I had 6.5 in R and 7 in W.

So I am thinking for registering for the next one on the 21st and practise more reading this time around. Do you guys think it's too early?

I don't think 21st will be too early since its only one aspect you need to focus on. You seriously aced your LSW. I'm even suspecting you made a secondary error in R, like maybe writing words when you were supposed to write numbers or alphabets.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bababode825(m): 7:48am On Apr 06, 2018
Hello All,

I just saw my IELTS results and I am sad. I was thinking out loud on the following;

1. Is IELTS trying to frustrate older candidates? I am 34 btw

2. How can 1 or 2 marks be stopping my progress?

3. The Map section is my achilles heel. Any help with that will be appreciated.

Below is a screenshot of my two attempts thus far.

Thank you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Jadel03: 7:59am On Apr 06, 2018
I know how how you feel.But please do not give up.

I will advise that you give yourself enough time (a month) for more practice before taking another test.

Think of what you want achieve at the end of the day.

You can do this!

maideyz:
Good day all,

I had Listening 7
Reading 6.5
writing 6.0
speaking 6.5

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 8:02am On Apr 06, 2018
maideyz:
Good day all,

I had Listening 7
Reading 6.5
writing 6.0
speaking 6.5

Hey mate, it's ok to cry but make sure you get up, dust ur ass and do the exam again. However, I suggest you do not attempt a re-evaluation. They will just take ur money and give same results. Lemme share my IELTS journey with you.

1st attempt.....5.5, 5.5, 7.0, 7.0
2nd attempt....6.0, 7.5, 7.5, 7.5
3rd attempt.....6.0, 5.5, 7.5, 7.0
4th attempt.....7.5, 7.5, 7.5, 7.0
5th attempt.....6.0, 6.5, 7.0, 7.5
6th attempt.....8.5, 6.5, 7.0, 7.5
7th attempt.....9, 7.0, 6.5, 8.0
8th attempt.....9, 8.5, 7.0, 7.0.

Note that where I live, the BC IELTS test is about 110k, re-evaluation is 63k and I spend a minimum of 150k for each of these attempts. IELTS humbled me but I eventually conquered.

For the listening practice, I wish I had stumbled into IELTS-mentor.com prior to my 6th attempt. You should definitely use this website and, attempt finishing the listening practice tests. There are about 14 of them. The answer section will show/tell you all that you had done wrongly in the previous exams. At the point where it says "you have sometime to look at your answers" during the listening test, kindly move on to next session if you have nothing to look at. That's actually the trick to have a headstart.
(Pls, don't apply for another exam unless you start to score 37 and above in the listening practice).

Also follow Jay on E2 language (YouTube) or his blog if you have money and don't mind paying for his teaching classes (I didn't). He is quite resourceful in reading, writing and speaking. Always write your answers (listening) in block (capital) letters.

Finally, do not stay down. It's okay to fail, weep, cry and feel devastated but, make sure you don't stay down. Get up, dust ur ass and always remember that it's only IELTS that is stopping you from getting your MAPPLE card.

***Shout outs to Gliterringstar and Amoese. I don't know how to thank you guys.

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Jadel03: 8:03am On Apr 06, 2018
I will advise you practise more on your listening and Reading.A month practise should be okay.

Don't give up.

It will end in praise.

bababode825:
Hello All,

I just saw my IELTS results and I am sad. I was thinking out loud on the following;

1. Is IELTS trying to frustrate older candidates? I am 34 btw

2. How can 1 or 2 marks be stopping my progress?

Below is a screenshot of my two attempts thus far.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tippex(f): 8:05am On Apr 06, 2018
[quote author=obinwannechukwu post=66472769]

Hey mate, it's ok to cry but make sure you get up, dust ur ass and do the exam again. However, I suggest you do not attempt a re-evaluation. They will just take ur money and give same results. Lemme share my IELTS journey with you.

8th attempt.....9, 8.5, 7.0,

Bros, I am in awe of your tenacity. What!!!! So happy for you and thank God it finally ended in praise!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tojued: 8:08am On Apr 06, 2018
bababode825:

Thank you

Download Cambridge 1-12 and practice as many maps as possible.

Now, the trick is this : when you miss one map question, move on to the next one. THE QUESTIONS ARE NOT LINKED.

I always thought the questions are linked so I'd give up once I missed one question. However, the speaker always goes back to the anchor/first landmark at the beginning of each question.

Looking forward to your ecstatic results.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 06, 2018
obinwannechukwu:

Are you K*****'s hubby? shocked Wow! I'm so happy for you and your family. Congrats once again. Thank God it ended in praise. It wasn't easy but it was worth it. smiley Hallelujah!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by unusualfavour: 8:11am On Apr 06, 2018
Canadianfly:

Akuko. Check my posts and get on the queue kiss
Take it or leave it, message passed and one more thing please quit the sarcasm it's getting boring.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sunvick(m): 8:13am On Apr 06, 2018
Why not raise a bank draft and save yourself from the custom generated transfer. You submit your bank draft(or someone can even do it on your behalf if you ain't chanced)

SyberKate:

Thank you so freaking much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tippex(f): 8:13am On Apr 06, 2018
[quote author=Tojued post=66472334]

I don't think 21st will be too early since its only one aspect you need to focus on.

Same thing I thought too. Thanks ma'am
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sunvick(m): 8:20am On Apr 06, 2018
Hearty congratulations to Its Obinwanne, udo diri gi ohh!!!
Your persistence knows no bound.

obinwannechukwu:

8th attempt.....9, 8.5, 7.0, 7.0.

For the listening practice, (Pls, don't apply for another exam unless you start to score 37 and above in the listening practice).

***Shout outs to Gliterringstar and Amoese. I don't know how to thank you guys.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ItsYourFriend: 8:20am On Apr 06, 2018
laminaria:
With the way people quickly refer jambities to page0 is getting annoying i think u people need to chill and understand that, there is not prize for it at the end of the thread. and i dug into into so called nowadays "Seniors" most of you self ur own very first question is worse. there is something call waka pass...
Well said buddy. Sometimes I wonder whether some consciences here is pierced with a hot iron. A while ago they were asking similar novice's questions and today they are aggressively bashing and referring newbies to page zero. It's not fair. If you won't answer, ignore them or mannerly refer them to the said page.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 8:20am On Apr 06, 2018
I wanted to talk about laminaria's post but i decided to restrain myself.
God de.

Canadianfly:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 06, 2018
tippex:
Congrats to all those who aced their ielts. Didn't ace it again at my 3rd attempt, I had 8.5 in LS while I had 6.5 in R and 7 in W. I was only looking out for my listening and you all can imagine my disappointment when I didn't make it. I have gone pass that now and moved on.

So sorry about your score. 21st April is just two weeks away. Can you prepare for the test within that short period? If yes, then you can go ahead and book another one. Do not focus on the reading module only. Try to prepare for the other modules too. May the Lord crown your efforts with good success. Amen! kiss

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.