Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,815 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (549) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1299620 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by luffyhaki: 10:03am On Apr 07, 2018
Guitarlife:

nEWmum I hope you are not planning to do us a Glitteringstar here. You wanna wait till COPR and probably after landing in Canada before you give your timeline... grin grin grin mmmnnn .

Anyways my AOR was April 5...

Goodluck to all test takers today.

Wehdone@ AOR...PPR May 4 won't be bad Abi? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bouqounmie(f): 10:23am On Apr 07, 2018
Great smiley

sparkle2k3:

You're right.
Just got the soft copy in my box , 2 weeks after payment.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ken4jj(m): 10:40am On Apr 07, 2018
Canadianfly:

I don't think there's anything else to add. Only thing I would change is the title. Rather than say Authorization for the use of account, I think saying "access to funds in my account" is better.
Then in the body should be something like " has full access to the funds in my account number xxxxxx, for the purpose of migration for our family......blah blah blah"
Does this make any sense?

yes , it makes sense. Thank you.
I guess there would be no need to notarize it, only my signature will do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Zeiya(f): 10:59am On Apr 07, 2018
Guitarlife:

What I did was most test I practised on youtube I increased the speed to 1.25 so I trained my brain to follow fast conversaTIONS. The actual test felt really slow like the conversation was delayed because I was already used to fast discussion.

I will use this approach next time. Increasing the speed during practice .I hope it will work for me.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ODBae: 11:34am On Apr 07, 2018
Hello Family,
Still on the post ITA matter. I received a mail from CIC. Don't know what it's about, concerning filling a request form. Has anyone had similar experience. Pls kindly share what was done. The mail looks like this

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by angelmelly: 11:59am On Apr 07, 2018
hifyty:
Folks,
I am happy to tell you that the eagle has landed. Please find below my time line and ensuing epistle
IELTS: May 13th 2017
EE profile: June 8th 2017
CRS: 432
PNPO App- 3rd Nov 2017
PNP Nomination: 1st Feb 2018
ITA: 7th Feb 2018
AOR: 20th Feb 2018
MEP: 27th Feb 2018
IP2: 27TH Feb 2018
PPR: 20th March 2018
VO: Ottawa

Background: It has been a long journey and it started 2016 July. So the high CRS of 2016 kept us initially looking the way of getting a Canadian Education to augment our prospective low CRS due to age and level of Education. We were in the middle of the admission process when the CRS started dropping 1st half of last year and armed with an MSc admission, we decided to defer the admission and pursue the direct PR dream. In the words of threadstone, “nothing beats a PR than a PR” I couldn’t agree more with that assertion. Well, maybe nothing beats a PR than a Canadian passport.

ECA: The first problem was using ICAS to assess my credentials, to be candid, I am surprised they are still in business, it took them 8 months after my verification and transcript had been sent by my school. When I became frustrated with the delay, I went the way of WES. WES took 2 months and 3 days. Co incidentally, Both ICAS and WES ECA came out the same day.

IELTS: we studied using ieltsliz.com and did plenty of YouTube tutorials for the Listening. we took the May 13th IELTS and was waiting to dive in the pool the night of May 26th in anticipation for the draw of May 31st. unfortunately, that never happened, the IELTS results was delayed and due to the large scale delayed results and reported malpractice worldwide for that test date. I didn’t want us to take chances so we registered for another IELTS, luckily we got a seat for June 3rd. Our first IELTS results came in June 8th and we both aced the test CLB 9. The 2nd IELTS results came in exactly 13 days later, funny enough also standing at CLB 9 for both of us. But you probably know the story by now, that was the end of the below 430’s CRS for last year.

Silver Lining: The wait for the CRS to fall was so traumatizing that we just couldn’t focus clearly on anything. I remember most people like me who were in the pool last year in the 420’s and mid 430s who were still doing “shakara” when Ontario sent them notification. We became sober when we realized that score was not obeying the law of gravity. Let me digress a little, in the part of the world where we live, the CRS scores come out at night usually around 2am to 3am but you can always be sure that my wife and I would be awake during this time with calculator analyzing the pool and when we think it will get to us. August 17 for sure, we thought. August saw 433’s but no 432’s again. That was when we decided it was time to go back to our first love, the student admission process. So we started that one again. Fast forward, November 2nd, the HCP stream I was using to do shakara in June opened and I remember as I saw that news flash on my phone 3rd Nov, I left everything I was doing and I put in the application immediately.

POST ITA
Medicals: This one wanted to become a stumbling block but God was faithful. I shared the testimony earlier.

POF: 6 months statement on Bank letter head and stamped. There was no accompanying bank letter because weird as it sounds, my bank doesn’t issue such letters.

LOE: I know I probably was a little bit overzealous, but I wanted to avoid any back and forth ADRs, so I looked at any high bank transactions for the 6 months, quoted the dates and put receipts and explanations in there. I also stated my bank doesn’t issue such letters.
Also I had to put in here that my wife’s name change document was a recently sworn affidavit done in 2018. Although this was placed in the Place holder I just wanted to thrash out the disparity in dates.

ADVICE: if you are on the left wing of the 430’s, keep trying to get that CRS UP. Be prayerful, be vigilant and be ready. I wish you the best.

I’d like to send a special shout out to smslive2- Dude, you are far too kind, SmBalogun: I think you should consider a path in prophecy and all the numerous good people on this thread, May God grant your heart desires.

See you around in Canada, It will end in praise!

Cheers
Hi, trying to private chat you, but I am not familiar with how nairaland works, infact I am not sure where or how I am typing this. Please can you reach me? Need to verify something for you. It's really urgent ��� thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by cheromel: 12:04pm On Apr 07, 2018
Hello everyone.
I m a bit worried about my hubby's WES evaluation. So he just rounded up all his modules and thesis for his UK Masters degree which was via distance learning. He has also confirmed from the school that he passed all his courses and thesis. All that is left is graduation is June. However, we were able to obtain a confirmation of result letter (the actual degree cert will be awarded in June) and we sent that to WES for evaluation. The problem is we only just found out that the official transcript both hard copy and Gradintel online portal will be available in June. Although the school is happy to send whatever document they have available. After sending the confirmatation letter to WES, it has been stuck at "we have recieved your document/we are reviewing your document" for about 2 weeks now. Has anyone obtained an ECA for "in progress" studies? Thanks for the great advice on this forum.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by coolangel54(f): 12:21pm On Apr 07, 2018
cool
Guitarlife:

The bolded is not always correct though, I made an 8.5 in listening in my first attempt and honestly I had practiced so much I never got beyond 35 in my practice tests.

What I did was most test I practised on youtube I increased the speed to 1.25 so I trained my brain to follow fast conversaTIONS. The actual test felt really slow like the conversation was delayed because I was already used to fast discussion.
I actually applied this method and I got 34 which was not easy as I hard to concentrate fully and with some little 'cheats' though. But before now, I was around 7.5 and 8 in my listening. I will definitely stick to this method of practicing as it will yield positive results.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 12:30pm On Apr 07, 2018
Yes o. The difficulty I had in choosing mine made me take out time to study the NOC classification like I was going to take an exam on it. The thing worry me no be small. It's now a walk in the park for me. If only I had a 'page 0' to guide me then.
Obi1conte:

Helping with NOC. Saw a post you were asking which NOC you should use.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by demiiii(f): 1:06pm On Apr 07, 2018
Hello all,
My IELTS written on the 24th of March is out and I. Had 7.5 overall score. Not so impressed but need assistance;

Details are;
Writing - 6.5,
Listening - 9.0,
speaking - 7.0 and
reading - 7.0

I need help on the way forward after this result. I do not have a family member who has permanent residency permit in Canada. Neither do I have a second language nor have I schooled in Canada.

I have previously applied and I submitted my documents but my application was rejected because my score was low. I applied through an agent.

Please what can I do if I do not want to go through an agent again? What's the next step after this IELTS result of 7.5. Thanks in anticipation.

mcstan18:

1. ECA reports generally expire after 5 years after which you have to do another evaluation. If When you eventually pass IELTS at this attempt, we'd hope that you get an ITA soon enough as not to need to do another evaluation. God's grace upon you.

2. No you don't
pp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 1:15pm On Apr 07, 2018
GS ke? Na me wan drag position with am? Hail the queen of dramatic announcement biko. I kent plix. Don't worry, very soon, you guys will tell me congratulations.
Guitarlife:

nEWmum I hope you are not planning to do us a Glitteringstar here. You wanna wait till COPR and probably after landing in Canada before you give your timeline... grin grin grin mmmnnn .

Anyways my AOR was April 5...

Goodluck to all test takers today.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Eilenora: 1:42pm On Apr 07, 2018
Hello guys.

Av been a silent observer and learnt so much from this thread. Kudos 2 everyone for their input amd ensuring the thread is active and alive.

Pls i want to make enquiry about smthn. With regards to work experiece and noc, so I have about 6years experience in the noc i want to use (law). But the past 1 year av bn doing somthn completely different from my noc (travels). Then a month ago i registerd a company in line with my noc (law firm). So in completing my profile, i filled just the 6 years and now self employed under my own company, but there's now that 1 year gap in btwn. What do you suggest I do to make up for this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Canadianfly: 1:42pm On Apr 07, 2018
ken4jj:

yes , it makes sense. Thank you.
I guess there would be no need to notarize it, only my signature will do?

Your signature is fine. Make sure it's identical to what's on your passport. We are obsessed with notarizing as a country.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emmasonic4me: 1:44pm On Apr 07, 2018
demiiii:
Hello all,
My IELTS written on the 24th of March is out and I. Had 7.5 overall score. Not so impressed but need assistance;

Details are;
Writing - 6.5,
Listening - 9.0,
speaking - 7.0 and
reading - 7.0

I need help on the way forward after this result. I do not have a family member who has permanent residency permit in Canada. Neither do I have a second language nor have I schooled in Canada.

I have previously applied and I submitted my documents but my application was rejected because my score was low. I applied through an agent.

Please what can I do if I do not want to go through an agent again? What's the next step after this IELTS result of 7.5. Thanks in anticipation.

pp
Please what do you mean by the above? How will they reject your application because your score was low after an ITA? I hope the agent has not committed any form of misrepresentation on your behalf? Kindly clarify.

I also hope you didn't give the agent application fee. The 1040CAD I mean.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:47pm On Apr 07, 2018
Newmum0615:
GS ke? Na me wan drag position with am? Hail the queen of dramatic announcement biko. I kent plix. Don't worry, very soon, you guys will tell me congratulations.

@Bolded, AMEN! kiss

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ODBae: 1:51pm On Apr 07, 2018
Hello Family,
I recently received an ADR concerning a form IMM5475 release form. I guess I must have mistakenly checked that I would wish someone other myself access to my personal information while filling my application. How do I approach this. Pls helep a sister oooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Talkingboy: 1:55pm On Apr 07, 2018
Mrs Smith is a five doctors is a personal attention is a bottom is a economy is a hearing .

Good day all

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tojued: 2:12pm On Apr 07, 2018
demiiii:
Hello all,

Details are;
Writing - 6.5,
Listening - 9.0,
speaking - 7.0 and
reading - 7.0

pp

Your agent has not been truthful with you. Read up page zero of this thread to understand the full process. You don't need an agent if you're willing to read stuff by yourself.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 07, 2018
Zeiya:
Just recovered from yesterday's result. My first attempt
LRWS : 7.5, 8, 6.5 ,7.5

I saw the listening coming because I missed that diagram/map question. It was my weak point while practicising. I blamed myself for not joining the webinar, I was practicing writing.
I think if you are not hitting 37,38/40 and above in listening and reading don't enter that hall, so that you won't miss by 1 or 2 marks (very painful).
Also whatever happened during the listening section in the exam hall, don't carry it over to the reading and writing . When I missed that diagram/map questions I knew there was a problem. It took the grace of God for me to concentrate and do the reading and writing sections. My mind was on the questions I missed ( I guessed all answers on that part)

Then for the writing, initially I took it lightly ( concentrating on L&R) untill I saw how it messed people's result ( a big mistake).
I will advice anyone taking the test for the first time to ensure that you get someone good in writing ( especially ielts writing experience) to examine your letters and essays, never rely on what you read online. Don't test your writing skills on your first attempt.

Finally, speaking is a natural thing, I was scared at first, until my sister asked me,
Sis: what language were you taught in primary school?
Me: English
Sis: Secondary?
Sis: University?
Sis: You will be fine
From my result i observed that in speaking accent does not count at all, just answer questions like you did when you defended your project. Never keep quite even if you don't know much about the question ( I was asked about the space and global warming) wetin concern me and space biko? I know I was saying something but I can't recall what I said (maybe OP). Also my examiner was a nice young man. His approach alone calmed my racing blood. Pray for God's favour on your exam day.

75K no be beans, I will continue reading while I save money for another exam. Honestly I am really encouraged by people here. My hubby was surprised to see me smile this morning because I am a very emotional person. Comments here healed me completely. Please let's know that our comments here are reaching out to a lot of people. Silent readers are more than 75% here.

I don't even know what pushed me to share my experience this morning. Pardon my errors as I am still practicing WRITING grin
It will end in praise
y not apply for remark in writing

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 07, 2018
ODBae:
Hello Family,
I recently received an ADR concerning a form IMM5475 release form. I guess I must have mistakenly checked that I would wish someone other myself access to my personal information while filling my application. How do I approach this. Pls helep a sister oooo

Read this post and this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tolfa(m): 2:47pm On Apr 07, 2018
Talkingboy:
Mrs Smith is a five doctors is a personal attention is a bottom is a economy is a hearing .

Good day all
you wrote ielts exam today?....those words looks like listening answers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tojued: 2:50pm On Apr 07, 2018
April 7th folks how was your exam?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Talkingboy: 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2018
tolfa:
you wrote ielts exam today?....those words looks like listening answers
My brother , you're not incorrect Jere .
All d best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by jholarharde(f): 3:15pm On Apr 07, 2018
Talkingboy:

Good day all
oya now book factorial
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Holabisi: 3:17pm On Apr 07, 2018
Good day, everyone
I think this is where I can get the best response though it's about study

I'm in a professional field that requires another ECA for Canada however I need WES/ICSS for an admission into a school in Canada.

I can get my transcripts to send but unfortunately my final certificate hasn't bin issued.

I have the statement of result.

Please can this be acceptable since it's just for study program
or do they always require the final certificate.

any related response will be appreciated
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by jholarharde(f): 3:19pm On Apr 07, 2018
Tojued:
April 7th folks how was your exam?
fine, thank u
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by balogunsam(m): 3:19pm On Apr 07, 2018
Long time guys! For those in the Feb 24 IP2, how's the waiting o?

For us, update to application has come in the form of a baby boy... wink

@newmum0615, i am the new newdad0618 grin

...no wonder PPR didn't come since. With lack of passport paper in our dewr country, one may be forced to do 64 pages passport for a newborn bayii!!

May it all end in praise for us!! Cheers!

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 07, 2018
balogunsam:

...no wonder PPR didn't come since. With lack of passport paper in our dewr country, one may be forced to do 64 pages passport for a newborn bayii!!

Congratulations on your new baby

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Talkingboy: 3:42pm On Apr 07, 2018
jholarharde:
oya now book factorial
Ifah hear ..... Book factorial koh , Book permutation ni
How u dey na boss ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vickyehi: 3:48pm On Apr 07, 2018
balogunsam:

I don't think they give 30pages anymore to anyone. At least that was what I was told when I renewed in the last year scarcity.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Talkingboy: 3:48pm On Apr 07, 2018
obinwannechukwu:

Hey mate, it's ok to cry but make sure you get up, dust ur ass and do the exam again. However, I suggest you do not attempt a re-evaluation. They will just take ur money and give same results. Lemme share my IELTS journey with you.

1st attempt.....5.5, 5.5, 7.0, 7.0
2nd attempt....6.0, 7.5, 7.5, 7.5
3rd attempt.....6.0, 5.5, 7.5, 7.0
4th attempt.....7.5, 7.5, 7.5, 7.0
5th attempt.....6.0, 6.5, 7.0, 7.5
6th attempt.....8.5, 6.5, 7.0, 7.5
7th attempt.....9, 7.0, 6.5, 8.0
8th attempt.....9, 8.5, 7.0, 7.0.

Note that where I live, the BC IELTS test is about 110k, re-evaluation is 63k and I spend a minimum of 150k for each of these attempts. IELTS humbled me but I eventually conquered.

For the listening practice, I wish I had stumbled into IELTS-mentor.com prior to my 6th attempt. You should definitely use this website and, attempt finishing the listening practice tests. There are about 14 of them. The answer section will show/tell you all that you had done wrongly in the previous exams. At the point where it says "you have sometime to look at your answers" during the listening test, kindly move on to next session if you have nothing to look at. That's actually the trick to have a headstart.
(Pls, don't apply for another exam unless you start to score 37 and above in the listening practice).

Also follow Jay on E2 language (YouTube) or his blog if you have money and don't mind paying for his teaching classes (I didn't). He is quite resourceful in reading, writing and speaking. Always write your answers (listening) in block (capital) letters.

Finally, do not stay down. It's okay to fail, weep, cry and feel devastated but, make sure you don't stay down. Get up, dust ur ass and always remember that it's only IELTS that is stopping you from getting your MAPPLE card.

***Shout outs to Gliterringstar and Amoese. I don't know how to thank you guys.

Wow . Congrats bro .

Uneasy, they say , lies the head that wears a crown .

Yoruba will say , Oju ti ri to ... Congrats once again .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ODBae: 3:52pm On Apr 07, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Thank you Glitteringstar. This will go a long way. But again if I were to fill the form, what do I fill for location and name of office where application was sent to? Secondly, I was told by someone else to just send a letter of explanation saying that it was an error on my part and I never wished to send my application to a third party. And the form may not be filled. What do you think about this?

Read this post and this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.