Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (548) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1307057 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 6:05am On Apr 07, 2018
Amakyzuu:

I haven't seen your message. I hope you were trying the right line
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vickyehi: 6:14am On Apr 07, 2018
Whewwww......
So today is the day I take my English test undecided....am just trying to keep calm but am already having palpitations .
Well fingers crossed.... grin wink
#Godfidence

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:26am On Apr 07, 2018
fizzile:
@ Sthillz, i just realized IERF is not a designated evaluation body IRCC. I was wondering if it was necessary evaluating since it is just last year and work experience wont be upto 3years. What do you think?
\

It doesn't matter, even if you finished your Msc yesterday..Evaluate it only and it will be faster since you obtained it in the UK.

For work experience, you need at least one year so its fine
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:27am On Apr 07, 2018
Canadianfly:
Sthillz please don't give up oh. You will do well in the next test. kiss

Thank you ma`am
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:28am On Apr 07, 2018
vickyehi:
Whewwww......
So today is the day I take my English test undecided....am just trying to keep calm but am already having palpitations .
#Godfidence

You will be fine. just remain calm

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 6:34am On Apr 07, 2018
Abiodunbbb:
Hi guys, pls i want to know the chances of asking for help from a fellow candidate in IDP CENTRE.... is the space between candidates too big... i want to know incase (God forbid i miss some part in listening).. thanks.

I'm sure you were only trying to add some comic relief. You know it won't be derogatory to call you a copycat. Lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 6:54am On Apr 07, 2018
To all our friends who'd be writing IELTS today, I pray that the lines fall unto you in pleasant places. Do not fret, the angels of God will take charge of your affairs today. Amen.

Sthillz and all the others who had a little setback in the last, do not despair. Winners never quit.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by fizzile(m): 6:56am On Apr 07, 2018
sthillz:
\

It doesn't matter, even if you finished your Msc yesterday..Evaluate it only and it will be faster since you obtained it in the UK.

For work experience, you need at least one year so its fine

@ sthillz , for the work experience i haven't worked since i finished my masters. Just returned. I only worked after my undergraduate. So in essence, you mean i can just evaluate the masters only and then use the work experience post-undergraduate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:57am On Apr 07, 2018
fizzile:
@ sthillz , for the work experience i haven't worked since i finished my masters. Just returned. I only worked after my undergraduate. So in essence, you mean i can just evaluate the masters only and then use the work experience post-undergraduate

You can use work experience obtained in the last TEN years.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Akinsnow89: 7:00am On Apr 07, 2018
Yo..cant even figure out the meaning of the word palpitation" yet I scaled through.
You got this.
vickyehi:
Whewwww......
#Godfidence

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by fizzile(m): 7:06am On Apr 07, 2018
sthillz:

You can use work experience obtained in the last TEN years.
Great !!!As long as it is related to my field and my Masters. Can i reach you directly please
Cc: sthillz
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Akinsnow89: 7:13am On Apr 07, 2018
North or South cyprus? If its South cyprus,i believe you can get it.I got mine,your contact just needs to be ready for a long drive.
sthillz:
So I got a feedback from my contact in Cyprus

He can confirm that there is no way to get PCC unless the person is physically in Cyprus to get it done.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 07, 2018
fizzile:
Great !!!As long as it is related to my field and my Masters. Can i reach you directly please
Cc: sthillz

It doesn't need to be related to what you studied o...but it needs to fall under the necessary NOC to gain points. I think you need to read page 0, it will help you gain more insight

And yes you can reach me directly, check your email but if its a general question, please ask here, I'm still learning too
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Akinsnow89: 7:25am On Apr 07, 2018
Where in cyprus? North or South.
Cos I got mine,but I lived in the South.
Jolao:
Ehyah, Uncle Blue Biro, This your friend's case is pathetic o.
Actually, the reason why I asked the people concerned about Cyprus PCC is because of the form to be filled and other stuffs that I don't know how to post the form here cos I'm not a computer guru, My post was actually removed and I don't want to be banned, I'll post the info that I have here and we can take it from there, I'm still in the process o, I've not gotten mine either.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by einsteino(m): 8:14am On Apr 07, 2018
Newmum0615:
@Glitteringstar your people are unto us o grin

I'm at the NOUN building in VI and I was making enquiries, trying to be coy and not state the real reason why I am not really sure of the exact course my brother wants to do. The lady didn't even let me finish, she say 'It's for Canada abi? He can do any programme". I was shooketh. See the receptionist laughing at me.

See what 2 or more certificates is causing. cry

grin grin grin grin very funny. Did she say what the typical finish time is? I have relatives that i am desperately trying to get an ITA for.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 8:37am On Apr 07, 2018
sthillz:

The rewards are too great

Aww dear, don't be down okay? Chin up and forge ahead. Like you said, the end reward is too great to let any set back keep you down for too long. kiss

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 07, 2018
Ethelia:

Aww dear, don't be down okay? Chin up and forge ahead. Like you said, the end reward is too great to let any set back keep you down for too long. kiss

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by stonecoldcafe: 8:53am On Apr 07, 2018
Abiodunbbb:
Hi guys, pls i want to know the chances of asking for help from a fellow candidate in IDP CENTRE.... is the space between candidates too big... i want to know incase (God forbid i miss some part in listening).. thanks.

cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy grin shocked cheesy cheesy is this a joke or some kind of test question. Lolz
What a way to start my day
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Abiodunbbb: 8:58am On Apr 07, 2018
I just keep getting the same score over and over again.... and I've been studying alot.
luffyhaki:

Lol

@Abiodunbb you won't receive Test Report if you try it..This is not waranjai exam
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by luffyhaki: 8:59am On Apr 07, 2018
Abiodunbbb:
I just keep getting the same score over and over again.... and I've been studying alot.

Share your score...we will see your weak areas and recommend interventions accordingly.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 9:02am On Apr 07, 2018
Abiodunbbb:

and you think cheating during the exam is the way out? please remove that from your mind. Keep practising and focus on your weak areas.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Abiodunbbb: 9:11am On Apr 07, 2018
[L-7.5 S-8.0 R-8.0 W-7.0 i need 8.5 in listening.... I've bn getting the same score since 2015 quote author=luffyhaki post=66500634]

Share your score...we will see your weak areas and recommend interventions accordingly.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:12am On Apr 07, 2018
Send me a PM.
DboyizGood:
@Newmum0615 please a zikite needs your help here. Been trying to get unizik to send transcript to wes.
Please do you have a reliable contact that can help fast track the whole process.
I no see unizik as skul when go delay you for this kind of matter.

Please help if you can pull some strings.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Zeiya(f): 9:12am On Apr 07, 2018
Just recovered from yesterday's result. My first attempt
LRWS : 7.5, 8, 6.5 ,7.5

I saw the listening coming because I missed that diagram/map question. It was my weak point while practicising. I blamed myself for not joining the webinar, I was practicing writing.
I think if you are not hitting 37,38/40 and above in listening and reading don't enter that hall, so that you won't miss by 1 or 2 marks (very painful).
Also whatever happened during the listening section in the exam hall, don't carry it over to the reading and writing . When I missed that diagram/map questions I knew there was a problem. It took the grace of God for me to concentrate and do the reading and writing sections. My mind was on the questions I missed ( I guessed all answers on that part)

Then for the writing, initially I took it lightly ( concentrating on L&R) untill I saw how it messed people's result ( a big mistake).
I will advice anyone taking the test for the first time to ensure that you get someone good in writing ( especially ielts writing experience) to examine your letters and essays, never rely on what you read online. Don't test your writing skills on your first attempt.

Finally, speaking is a natural thing, I was scared at first, until my sister asked me,
Sis: what language were you taught in primary school?
Me: English
Sis: Secondary?
Sis: University?
Sis: You will be fine
From my result i observed that in speaking accent does not count at all, just answer questions like you did when you defended your project. Never keep quite even if you don't know much about the question ( I was asked about the space and global warming) wetin concern me and space biko? I know I was saying something but I can't recall what I said (maybe OP). Also my examiner was a nice young man. His approach alone calmed my racing blood. Pray for God's favour on your exam day.

75K no be beans, I will continue reading while I save money for another exam. Honestly I am really encouraged by people here. My hubby was surprised to see me smile this morning because I am a very emotional person. Comments here healed me completely. Please let's know that our comments here are reaching out to a lot of people. Silent readers are more than 75% here.

I don't even know what pushed me to share my experience this morning. Pardon my errors as I am still practicing WRITING grin
It will end in praise

32 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:22am On Apr 07, 2018
I wish you success. If you can still read this before your test, remember to take at least 5 mins to draw out a structure for your essay before your start writing. Especially for task 2.
The time you spend doing that will save you time in the end. Worked for me all the time during my own practice and actual test. May you give us good news in 2 weeks. Amen.
vickyehi:
Whewwww......
#Godfidence

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 07, 2018
Newmum0615:
I wish you success. If you can still read this before your test, remember to take at least 5 mins to draw out a structure for your essay before your start writing. Especially for task 2.
The time you spend doing that will save you time in the end. Worked for me all the time during my own practice and actual test. May you give us good news in 2 weeks. Amen.
nEWmum I hope you are not planning to do us a Glitteringstar here. You wanna wait till COPR and probably after landing in Canada before you give your timeline... grin grin grin mmmnnn .

Anyways my AOR was April 5...

Goodluck to all test takers today.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 07, 2018
Zeiya:

I saw the listening coming because I missed that diagram/map question. It was my weak point while practicising. I blamed myself for not joining the webinar, I was practicing writing.
I think if you are not hitting 37,38/40 and above in listening and reading don't enter that hall, so that you won't miss by 1 or 2 marks (very painful).

The bolded is not always correct though, I made an 8.5 in listening in my first attempt and honestly I had practiced so much I never got beyond 35 in my practice tests.

What I did was most test I practised on youtube I increased the speed to 1.25 so I trained my brain to follow fast conversaTIONS. The actual test felt really slow like the conversation was delayed because I was already used to fast discussion.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 07, 2018
Zeiya:

I
It will end in praise

Lol... My husband said the same thing to me... I'm very emotional and sensitive. He said he thought I won't talk for days LMAO.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ogoenue(f): 9:41am On Apr 07, 2018
adeforward:
This NTI issue. Hmmm. Is there anyone in this group successful with their verification with wes? It's exactly two days over a year today that I have been on this issue. Last week, a response was sent from NTI to wes, yet their was no status update to my account.
Someone has successfully completed you may want to try using their contact.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 07, 2018
Guitarlife:

The bolded is not always correct though, I made an 8.5 in listening in my first attempt and honestly I had practiced so much I never got beyond 35 in my practice tests.

What I did was most test I practised on youtube I increased the speed to 1.25 so I trained my brain to follow fast conversaTIONS. The actual test felt really slow like the conversation was delayed because I was already used to fast discussion.

I agree with this. Some experiences I've read here shows that you may get high marks during practice and then lower during the actual test..

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Obi1conte: 9:51am On Apr 07, 2018
Newmum0615:
Researcher, which gift be that o?

Helping with NOC. Saw a post you were asking which NOC you should use.

(1) (2) (3) ... (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.