Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (567) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1296020 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emmasonic4me: 7:20pm On Apr 11, 2018
ItsYourFriend:
Guy you dey check this thing at all? How did they arrive at 3500 people invited? Go back and look at the number of persons in the pool as of April 4 and see whether it is possible for CIC to invite 3500 people.

Hmmmh. What do you mean by its not possible?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sunvick(m): 7:40pm On Apr 11, 2018
Lol!!! That's was the 1st caveat I saw and laughed.

Emmasonic4me:

That's how some people fail exams. Didn't you see the caveat?... "If I am able to get ITA.. "

I am still fidelity. I keep my word. grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mamacajah: 7:51pm On Apr 11, 2018
ItsYourFriend:
Guy you dey check this thing at all? How did they arrive at 3500 people invited? Go back and look at the number of persons in the pool as of April 4 and [b]see whether it is possible for CIC [/b]to invite 3500 people.

Bros, hmm..see picture below..it is already done...no impossibility about it.. wink

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 11, 2018
Vessi:

Good evening Sir.

It is I, the poor boy who seeks your assistance on Mail. Sir, I humbly await your reply on mail as I've diligently sent what you had asked of me.

Thank you very much Sir.

@nusetron please

@nusetron please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ItsYourFriend: 8:00pm On Apr 11, 2018
Emmasonic4me:

Hmmmh. What do you mean by its not possible?
I just saw the tie-breaking stuff: March 26, 2018. My first impression was that 444 persons were invited to apply from the pool of April 4 distribution of candidates as displayed on the CIC website. Obviously the number of persons entering the pool with high CRS scores keeps increasing by the day.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ItsYourFriend: 8:08pm On Apr 11, 2018
mamacajah:

Bros, hmm..see picture below..it is already done...no impossibility about it.. wink
My dear, except CIC does steady back to back draws with the number of persons invited slightly increased, this score will continue to hover around the 440s. Express Entry awareness is on the high!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ayaade1: 8:14pm On Apr 11, 2018
Congrats to ITA recipients.

Someone mentioned earlier that we can use ETX for evaluation.
I gave it a trial and didn't regret that decision.
I did not have to go my school or go through any form of stress.
I send them mails requesting for update every 2 days and they ALWAYS respond.

Please see below the timeline and funds paid to successfully initiate/conclude the process:

N22,500 - application fee
N9,600 - alumni dues
N2,000 - verification

Created the profile and paid on 17.02.18
Payment was confirmed on 19.02.2018
My sch requested for alumni dues to be paid on 22.02.2018
Transcript processing started on 23.02.2018
Dispatched on 28.02.2018.
Delivered on 06.03.2018
Wes profile updated on 09.03.2018

They made a mistake with the verification of my doc, WES had to send it back to them and this was finally concluded on 29.03.2018.

I await ECA next week.

Many thanks to that soul.

Typing this felt like PPR announcement ���

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ayaade1: 8:17pm On Apr 11, 2018
Apologies for that extremely long post.

I just wanted to provide update as I've noticed quite a number people have been having difficulties with transcript processing.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by QSola: 8:24pm On Apr 11, 2018
nnamdiokere45:
why am asking about this auto response issue was because i made an enquiry via email to them some time ago and i got an auto response almost immediately. So i felt it is normal i also get a auto response as i sent my documents to them. Please am sorry if am disturbing but just want to know if i should just wait for the id

You are going to get your application I.D in exactly 3weeks. So use the time left in making sure your school send the transcripts immediately so that you can make payments and it can be worked on
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 11, 2018
ayaade1:
Congrats to ITA recipients.

Someone mentioned earlier that we can use ETX for evaluation.
I gave it a trial and didn't regret that decision.
I did not have to go my school or go through any form of stress.
I send them mails requesting for update every 2 days and they ALWAYS respond.

Typing this felt like PPR announcement ���

I was the one who talked about ETX... Glad you found them useful..they did a great job helping my husband with his all the way to igbenedion university...

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Bimsebony: 9:20pm On Apr 11, 2018
Kotansibe:
Good Evening Good People. PPR came in today.
Timeline:

PPR: April

Congratulations! Go and excel.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ayaade1: 9:29pm On Apr 11, 2018
Thanks a bunch.

sthillz:

I was the one who talked about ETX... Glad you found them useful..they did a great job helping my husband with his all the way to igbenedion university...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by emafav: 9:34pm On Apr 11, 2018
amdman:

Unfortunately I do not have a contact person for LASU.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by emafav: 9:36pm On Apr 11, 2018
Dear House,

Can anyone share experience on speaking at Colonades Hotel, Ikoyi. I will be be having my on 14/04/2018.Time: 1:40pm

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 10:08pm On Apr 11, 2018
I think it's better you ask the question on the 'preparing for IELTS' thread.

emafav:
Dear House,

Can anyone share experience on speaking at Colonades Hotel, Ikoyi. I will be be having my on 14/04/2018.Time: 1:40pm

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Riddler32: 10:09pm On Apr 11, 2018
What year did your husband finish from IUO?

sthillz:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Engr2000: 10:14pm On Apr 11, 2018
Dear All,

Kindly see the update I got from my WES page, what's the way forward:

Pending

Document Status
Waiting to receive 1 document(s)
University of Ilorin, Nigeria

1. Academic Transcript, Bachelor of Engineering, 2007

Incomplete | Details
Reason: The document received only contains a partial record of study completed leading toward your final qualification. We are missing information for your program. We have a transcript that begins in year two.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by oge18: 10:29pm On Apr 11, 2018
The site is asking me to attach transcript document to be verified. What do I do cos I don't have the transcript
Sandydav:
I found the post on Part2 of this thread, but since i couldn't figure out how to quote it(it keeps saying page is locked) i am going to post it here for you and any other person that might need it. Post was originally made by @Einsteino. Forgive me house, for it is a long post.

I think it is best I post it here instead, that way it would be of help to other people. so I have decided to do away with the screenshot and just drop the details. if you have some other matters which you feel is better discussed in private, you are free to pm.

okay lets get to it.
------------------------------------------
Note: 123456 as used here is a dummy reference number i have chosen, endeavour to replace it with your actual WES reference no

log on to https://alumni.unn.edu.ng/iverification the landing page should display the following:

Organization Email Address: Type your own email address here even though it seems like it should be that of WES. The system was designed for organizations to order the verification themselves but we both know if you wait for WES to come do that for you, you go old.

[Checkbox] No, I have never made a verification request before.(as a first timer, you should tick this)

Institution/Organization: World Education Services (Reference No: 123456)
AddresssadReference No: 123456) 2 Carlton St, Toronto, Ontario
City: Toronto
Continent: North America
Phone:

click on "CREATE"
------------------------------------------
a new page would load

click on "Verify new record"
then select "Transcript/DOB"
then click "PROCEED"
--------------------------------------------
you would be redirected to a page where you would see:
fill in your details in the following

Student Verification Category:
Matriculation number:
First name:
Surname:
Email: your email not WES
Department:
Transcript Serial ID: fill in your Matriculation number here
[Checkbox] Do you wish to defer payment to the alumnus? (leave this unchecked)

click "CONTINUE"
--------------------------------------------

you would be redirected to a page where you would see a list of payment options, select the one you prefer and complete payment. after that, you should receive a payment confirmation. You would just have to wait for UNN to send the verification after that, unfortunately, UNN wouldnt even notify you when they send the verification. So if WES doesnt update your status to verification received within say 10working days after paying for the verification, send someone in UNN to help you check the progress.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Deyonsesi: 10:34pm On Apr 11, 2018
Got d same msg too.

I wrote a short letter of explanation, attached my IJMB result and faxed it to WES. My status changed to awaiting verification although it also shows awaiting receipt of IJMB result directly from d issuing school. I'm waiting to see wat d status will show after Unilorin verifies.

If it's IJMB, you might want to leave out d result, try only d letter and see wat happens next.

Engr2000:
Dear All,

Kindly see the update I got from my WES page, what's the way forward:

Pending

Document Status
Waiting to receive 1 document(s)
University of Ilorin, Nigeria

1. Academic Transcript, Bachelor of Engineering, 2007

Incomplete | Details
Reason: The document received only contains a partial record of study completed leading toward your final qualification. We are missing information for your program. We have a transcript that begins in year two.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 11, 2018
Riddler32:
What year did your husband finish from IUO?

Why do you ask?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ArcUgo(m): 11:12pm On Apr 11, 2018
Attach a scanned your a copy of your certificate

oge18:
The site is asking me to attach transcript document to be verified. What do I do cos I don't have the transcript
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 11:13pm On Apr 11, 2018
Welicomu, how is awa baby?

jelmusboy:
Tanku

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ODBae: 11:29pm On Apr 11, 2018
[quote author=XX01 post=66518127]

[Hellos XX01, I had issues with understanding what the form IMM5475 was all about. I have got a grasp of it now. Then I wanted to find out what you wrote in the space for name and location of office where application was sent to. Thanks alot for reaching out to me. Congrats to all those who clenched ITA today....]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by clock89: 11:54pm On Apr 11, 2018
emafav:
Dear House,

Thanks

My venue for the Speaking exam was also Colonades so I can relate.
-Be calm, this is maybe the most important thing
-Your invigilator will most likely be Nigerian and will probably have a fake British accent and talk with a sing-song voice, but do not let that throw you off. You do NOT need to fake an accent
-Pay attention to your pronunciations, especially word endings e.g. “that” should not be pronounced as “tha”
-If your exam is so close, you probably know the format already, 1st(introduction) 2nd(1-2min speech) and 3rd(Related or General follow up questions to section 2)
-It’s normal to be nervous just before you start, ease into it in your section one, the introduction, the questions are quite generic “Tell me about yourself and where you grew up” (Personally, I went in to the exam with a few ideas on what to talk about, my parents, siblings, the neighborhood I Grew up in..etc. that way my response was structured and coherent)
-You don’t need to use big vocabulary, use words you’re comfortable with it, the examiner can easily tell you don’t know the true meaning of a word
-I don’t think you lose marks for stuttering, they understand you may be nervous, don’t let it bother you, just be sure to correct any words you pronounced incorrectly or wasn’t audible
-I didn’t speak up to 2 mins in my section 2, I talked for about 1:30s, I didn’t think I had to, I felt I addressed the subject matter adequately. I am not sure it affected my score. I got 7.5

All the best

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Riddler32: 11:55pm On Apr 11, 2018
I graduated 2007, although won't be a bad idea to link up with old schoolmates. However, during my degree evaluation, i didn't encounter any ish with IUO last year expect things have changed for the worse.

Biko don't pick offence i asked.

sthillz:

Why do you ask?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Jolao: 12:02am On Apr 12, 2018
Thank you
sthillz:

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Talkingboy: 12:12am On Apr 12, 2018
hello. please who knows if WES evaluates Cambridge A' level result ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sparkle2k3: 2:38am On Apr 12, 2018
Congrats to all those who received ITA today.
I just entered the pool today (471), looking forward to next draw.

I want to encourage anyone who hasn't written ielts before and may be getting scared and feeling they might have to do it severally. Pls just relax and practise as much as you can, and you would do okay.
The BC official where I wrote asked if it was my first time writing, I said yes.. And he was like "and do you think it will be your last" (with some attitude).. And that was just before my speaking. I said a resounding yes and thankfully had good scores.

I am silent reader, but I just wanted to drop this.

#IWEIP

21 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Fanyeofori: 5:12am On Apr 12, 2018
Gm house.

Congrats to all dat got their ITA ystday.

Plz. I need to help a friend find out if NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT (NISM) cert can be evaluated by any of d assessing bodies to be used ad 2 or more certs?

Any info on dis will be well appreciated. Tx all have a beautiful day.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by luffyhaki: 5:55am On Apr 12, 2018
Fanyeofori:
Gm house.

Congrats to all dat got their ITA ystday.

Plz. I need to help a friend find out if NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT (NISM) cert can be evaluated by any of d assessing bodies to be used ad 2 or more certs?

Any info on dis will be well appreciated. Tx all have a beautiful day.

It will not receive a favorable evaluation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:04am On Apr 12, 2018
...so I got my IELTS result on 6/4/2018 and entered the pool on the 8/4/2018 (CRS 449) and got ITA on the 11/4/2018.
Baba God Noni. I hope this momentum continues.
cool grin

33 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Riddler32: 6:18am On Apr 12, 2018
Congrats, we all pray for speedy PR outcome

obinwannechukwu:
...so I got my IELTS result on 6/4/2018 and entered the pool on the 8/4/2018 (CRS 449) and got ITA on the 11/4/2018.
Baba God Noni. I hope this momentum continues.
cool grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.