Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (582) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1295693 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 15, 2018
Priceless200:

Please guys answer me oo cry. I want to do ECA and I want to pay these people. Here is their website. Should I go ahead or not. Is it really possible that no one here has used them, ever? shocked shocked

[Electronic Transcript in Nigeria and Transcript Nigeria, Degree Verification for Nigeria] https://www.etx-ng.com/who-we-are

I used them. Though, yet to get my transcript delivered. When I contacted them, I was told you department is yet to release results to the Exam &Registry unit. However, I've heard mixed reports about their services. Some Excellent, some good and some bad.
But they're legit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by omidan21: 11:18pm On Apr 15, 2018
Good evening house still on the issue of two certificates I want to do a course in social work diploma certificate will be issued from an institute in social work here in lagos. Now I wanna be sure can a diploma from a registered and recognize d institute etc be applicable or must the diploma be from accredited NUC University here in Nigeria the likes of our normal University unilag, yabatwch osu etc
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by iyerim: 1:04am On Apr 16, 2018
happytbaby:
Great.

If she writes IELTS and gets a minimum of 8777 in LWSR, she will have about 402 points (that is assuming that she does not have a sibling in Canada, it can be more than 402 if she scores higher than 8777)

Any odd diploma around? think, think, think......OND, ACCA, ICAN ATS....anything.....if she has, her points will be 435 which we hope may get ITA some day soon....

In the absence of a diploma that she can add to that BA to make two or more post secondary qualifications, she will have to opt for Provincial Nomination (PNP). Check this link for information about PNPs https://www.nairaland.com/4180147/all-canadian-provincial-nominee-programs.

Alternatively, people have been talking of doing a quick PGD or Masters degree with NOUN...she may explore these options, others can weigh in.

Thanks a million @ happytbaby, this is very helpful.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by manlikegb: 2:41am On Apr 16, 2018
Ifeoma77:

Yes, I heard the whole no booklet story too. My contact helped in that regard, I think booklets are available now though. PM me, I'll pass on his number.

PM sent, thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Olaneeran: 3:41am On Apr 16, 2018
@ Zeiya, it took circa 16 days.

Zeiya:

Please how long did you wait for the refund after application?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Osaze007: 5:00am On Apr 16, 2018
luffyhaki:

Oya Na AOR fall on u..Na docs make u enter ghost mode since..lol

Which one na AOR? Na scan and compressing I dey do now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by luffyhaki: 6:20am On Apr 16, 2018
Osaze007:

Which one na AOR? Na scan and compressing I dey do now

Lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:03am On Apr 16, 2018
Talkingboy:

[b]Hello Ma/Sir ,

I have attached below an answer to your question .

Furthermore , I have also confirmed from ACCA that you only need to take one of F1, F2 , and F3 for you to be eligible for the Diploma . That is , if u apply with ur B.sc /HND or other certificates, and you're exempted from one or more of the three papers , it doesn't matter so long as you write any of the three papers .

Let's assume you have an ICAN certificate , you'll normally be exempted from papers F1-F9 , All you need do is to waive your exemption on either of papers F1 , F2 or F3 , that is , (Inform ACCA that you'll like to sit for Paper F1 and thereby forfeit your exemption for that particular paper) ., Write the Exam and Pass , Complete ur Prof ethics module which is free and can be finished in 2 hrs , You'll get your Diploma in Accounting and Business .

To recapitulate , I can confirm to you that Bsc Econs has at LEAST one exemption from the F papers.
Bsc Accounting should normally be exempted from F1-F3 as well too.
Bsc Elect elect ? I actually do not know. Kindly contact ACCA to know how many exemptions you're entitled to[/b]
British Council again?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Zeiya(f): 7:23am On Apr 16, 2018
Olaneeran:
@ Zeiya, it took circa 16 days.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by JESUSisable: 8:27am On Apr 16, 2018
Hi efam,

Una well done oh... Please is the Immunization Form that comes with COPR meant to be signed and stamped at Ministry of Health or at the hospital where the children took their immunization shots?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Fuzzyman(f): 9:11am On Apr 16, 2018
Newmum0615:
You say wetin? When I never announce PPR? Abeg take your time there o.
Is it not WES issue and page zero dodgers that are making the thread long? So long as we keep avoiding the page 0 issue, we will have another long thread.

Oh! i'm sorry . You are announcing that PPR in this thread Amin!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Fuzzyman(f): 9:15am On Apr 16, 2018
Ethelia:

Isn't it funny how life is? Someone with HND and OND has more value (more points) than someone with a 1st class. In this journey, no difference between 1st class and 3rd class. Lol

The irony is not lost on us. I chuckle when a new person comes to the thread announcing their first class degree and 20 year work experience.
cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bourg: 9:52am On Apr 16, 2018
Yes,thanks a lot.I appreciate your prompt response.
Jadel03:
No they don't look at class of degree(i.e first class,second class upper or lower) for immigration purpose.

I hope this answers your question.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 10:07am On Apr 16, 2018
Elfman,

British Council conducts ACCA exams, and there are no issues whatsoever. However, registrations and all other stuff are done by ACCA directly so BC is out of the loop, you do not even have business with them, you just see them on the day of the exam. ACCA is a highly organised body so there is nothing to worry about.

Elfmannisback:

British Council again?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by olufemi2211(m): 10:17am On Apr 16, 2018
Good morning wonderful people in the house. About to start my canny journey. I have gone through the thread but I need some clarifications please
Background:
I am 28yo, Single but intending to get married while on this journey. Also I have an MSc
My CRS score without my fiance using the tool is 450
With her factored in it dropped to 420 (no ECA or IELTS)
I had a year experience as a CRO in 'not soo big' organization

Issues:
1. Our intention is to have both of us take IELTS to boost our points, while I alone go for ECA (considering the cost; don't know if this is advisable, she has a BSc though)
2.Gurus in the house pls like how many weeks preparation will be sufficient for IELTS prep..I did TOEFL about 2 months ago (102- L:28, W:25, S:22, R:27)
3. As regards work experience, how can I make up for it, after my 1 year stint with the 'not so big' organization, I have been running a small scale business for about 2 yrs.
4. Will my first cousin count as a sibling qualifying me for additional 15points

Please kindly advise based on the above..thanks...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 10:17am On Apr 16, 2018
Elfmannisback:

British Council again?

Lmao, bross you day fear BC?? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 10:27am On Apr 16, 2018
I honestly do not know, my advice is to try since WES will still cost the same for 3 certificates. I do not think CIMA will charge you much for sending the transcripts and it will be fast, WES would not need verification since its a UK body. If you are chartered with CIMA, you should be able to get a favorable assessment.
area74:

Good evening madam and other gurus in the house.

Still on the issue of 2 certificates. Please, what is your opinion on CIMA certificates and diplomas? Has anyone here ever got a positive outcome from WES?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by macbeyland(m): 11:31am On Apr 16, 2018
Guys please I need your candid advise. I'm really interested in relocating to Canada. I am done with my Masters degree here in Nigeria, in my mid 30s. Now the issue is that I don't have the sort of money required for a masters program in Canada. Please what other options are available to me in terms of working my travel and relocation to Canada? All contributions are highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tolfa(m): 12:01pm On Apr 16, 2018
macbeyland:
Guys please I need your candid advise. I'm really interested in relocating to Canada. I am done with my Masters degree here in Nigeria, in my mid 30s. Now the issue is that I don't have the sort of money required for a masters program in Canada. Please what other options are available to me in terms of working my travel and relocation to Canada? All contributions are highly appreciated.
I will advise you consider migration via express entry if you have atleast one year experience in a nominated occupation A,B,O...you can check that on cic.gc.ca.....and I will beseech you check page 0 of this thread for more detailed information....because you will evaluate your MSc n sit for IELTS as well among other things to be done.....

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 16, 2018
happytbaby:
Elfman,

British Council conducts ACCA exams, and there are no issues whatsoever. However, registrations and all other stuff are done by ACCA directly so BC is out of the loop, you do not even have business with them, you just see them on the day of the exam. ACCA is a highly organised body so there is nothing to worry about.

OK.. Is it like NECO conducting entrance exams for Unity schools? This ACCA eh. What is it? Why can't ICAN do it themselves? Or is it different? I don't follow.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Josh121(m): 12:07pm On Apr 16, 2018
my wife is a director in company , she as been a director since 2014 but graduated 2016 , can she use her work experience from 2014 or used from 2016
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 12:10pm On Apr 16, 2018
Josh121:
my wife is a director in company , she as been a director since 2014 but graduated 2016 , can she use her work experience from 2014 or used from 2016

Was she a real active working Director of the company, or just a Director in name only?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Josh121(m): 12:13pm On Apr 16, 2018
Ethelia:

Was she a real active working Director of the company, or just a Director in name only?

Director in name and also active
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by smslive2: 12:19pm On Apr 16, 2018
eeskees sir, why do you need another Masters in Canada if you have already completed your Masters in Nigeria?
macbeyland:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 12:31pm On Apr 16, 2018
ACCA sets and marks exams, British Council invigilates along with ACCA staff, I think the reason they use BC is because they bring the questions in diplomatic pouches which will not be opened by customs. Imagine what would happen if customs opened question papers..........

Elfmannisback:

OK.. Is it like NECO conducting entrance exams for Unity schools? This ACCA eh. What is it? Why can't ICAN do it themselves? Or is it different? I don't follow.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 16, 2018
happytbaby:
ACCA sets and marks exams, British Council invigilates along with ACCA staff, I think the reason they use BC is because they bring the questions in diplomatic pouches which will not be opened by customs. Imagine what would happen if customs opened question papers..........

Bwahahahaha, we don't trust ourselves. Is ICAN different from ACCA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 12:35pm On Apr 16, 2018
ICAN does not need to import questions.

Elfmannisback:

Bwahahahaha, we don't trust ourselves. Is ICAN different from ACCA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Josh121(m): 12:36pm On Apr 16, 2018
Josh121:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 16, 2018
happytbaby:
ICAN does not need to import questions. I refuse to be drawn into the debate, you see, I am a member of both.

I just wanna know, I'm not an accountant. Oh yea, thanks.. I may Google both in the future. It looks like ICAN is indigenous and the other isn't.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 12:46pm On Apr 16, 2018
Yes, ICAN is indigenous, ACCA is written all of the world, they have a 'global reach', thus the issue with being able to get positive assessment. They are also very smart about such things, partner with organisations, provide equivalency letters etc, ICAN needs to partner with WES and probably provide course contents to facilitate a positive assessment of the qualification.

Elfmannisback:

I just wanna know, I'm not an accountant. Oh yea, thanks.. I may Google both in the future. It looks like ICAN is indigenous and the other isn't.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by wholesomegrace: 12:48pm On Apr 16, 2018
sunvick:
Economic Community Association (ECA)

grin grin grin grin grin abeg, I need to laugh. This dude has done WES ke.
Lemme be going b4 they will come out with cane
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 12:56pm On Apr 16, 2018
WES, TWO OR MORE CERTIFICATES, ICAN, ACCA, what next....?

Canadianfly, Newmum0615, Ethelia, and others too numerous to mention, weldone.
I love calling canadianfly...i don't know why.
Newmum0615...i hope i'm in canada by the time your coronation as NOC Queen is being done.
Ethelia...what is IQAS saying about tax refund?

(1) (2) (3) ... (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.